Der Podcast 179

• Commissioner

If this has already been approved in your updates I’m sorry to say that it should probably be re-looked at. As per the regulations podcasts are supposed to be, at minimum, 20 minutes long. This is just shy of 8, so less than half the required time.

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

If this has already been approved in your updates I’m sorry to say that it should probably be re-looked at. As per the regulations podcasts are supposed to be, at minimum, 20 minutes long. This is just shy of 8, so less than half the required time.

Not sure if something different is said elsewhere, but the guidelines in the thread pinned here say 10:

Podcasts should be a minimum of 10 minutes for point task submission (they can be whatever if being claimed as 2 TPE). Audio should be of good quality with editing as appropriate.

Although yes, that does still make it short of the target.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Tagger said:

Not sure if something different is said elsewhere, but the guidelines in the thread pinned here say 10:

Although yes, that does still make it short of the target.

Odd, I remember it being 20 for some reason.

Given that I’ll allow it, even through it is a little short. Let’s just try not to make a habit out of it shall we @der meister?

Also, have you ever liked any change, damn :P For the record the main reason we wanted the change is two fold: first that the old method was far more work for updaters when really the portal can handle everything far cleaner and easier. 2nd that updates took longer to get into the sim,  Requiring manually updating all the stats which took several hours and couldn’t realistically be done as often. We can now get updates in as often as we want in under 5 minutes. So yes, you aren’t immediately putting your points into your attributes but, in the end, it actually probably goes into the sim faster because you aren’t waiting a week for an updater to apply those points and then potentially another week or more for them to hit the sim.

The complaint about needing to use a different site is fair, it’s the exact reason I dislike discord. Hopefully one day the two will be able to be merged but sadly we are not yet at that point.

55 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The complaint about needing to use a different site is fair, it’s the exact reason I dislike discord. Hopefully one day the two will be able to be merged but sadly we are not yet at that point.

Mall my old podcasts were ~30 so I never really checked time requirements. My work drive now is 8 minutes, hence the change. I’ll try to keep that in mind.

and I don’t care for discord either. If it’s for the site, it should be on the site imo.