Ryuu Crimson Press Conference

1) How's it been sharing a team with Nguyen? You seem to have a great connection with him!

2) How has it been playing for the Wild this season?

3) Do you think you've done enough to squeeze into the first round of the VHL Draft? 

4) Who would you consider your nearest rival heading into the draft?

5) You mentioned in another article that you were Filipino and talked about Balut cuisine, how does Balut food taste?

6) Do you see yourself taking on an assistant GM or maybe even a GM role in the VHLM in the near future like Nguyen has?

3 minutes ago, Tagger said:

1) How's it been sharing a team with Nguyen? You seem to have a great connection with him!

2) How has it been playing for the Wild this season?

3) Do you think you've done enough to squeeze into the first round of the VHL Draft? 

4) Who would you consider your nearest rival heading into the draft?

5) You mentioned in another article that you were Filipino and talked about Balut cuisine, how does Balut food taste?

6) Do you see yourself taking on an assistant GM or maybe even a GM role in the VHLM in the near future like Nguyen has?

1) Yeah, me and him are awesome friends! I've enjoyed sharing a team with him. In fact I kind of owe him most of my goals cause he sets me up a lot. Like a lot. If we stay together through the Big Leagues, that would be awesome. The Meute GM has even told us he's considering having us together, and if he pulls it off, we will love him forever. We were texting each other bout how we'd like to stay with each other if we make the Big Leagues.

2) Great! Being on the first line has been awesome, plus it gives me a lot of opportunities. Even if we are the worst team in the VHLM I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.

3) Not really no. I mean, I just joined and there are vets like Leph Twinger who have been there for a while and are who are way stronger and better than me. There is no way I made the First Round considering the competition.

4) Never really thought about this, don't really have a rival. I mean I think it's too early for me to have rivals as I've only been around a few games and have been focused on playing. Maybe next season or when I have a fight.

5) Balut is delicious! Despite the fact it looks gross, the embryo really just tastes like chicken. Cause that's what it really is. The "soup" is heavenly, I can't really describe it, it's just so delish. The egg yolk is just so creamy and it is so good. There is actually a right way to eat balut. You drink the "soup" then eat the yolk and then you sat the embryo.

6) No, not really. Don't really have the time and I don't think I am ready and or responsible enough. Maybe in the future sure, (cause I really don't have time in real life right now) but not in the near future.

1. Do the Saskatoon Wild players still kiss the picture of Fabio Jokinen before walking out of the locker room - he is almost a legendary Saskatoon player?

2. If someone takes a late hit on Nguyen, will you drop the gloves and go after the hitter?

3. What is your biggest weakness at the moment as a player?

4. Cheerleaders on the stands, while you are on the ice/bench during commercial breaks - rude to stare at them ?

5.  Who is your least favorite VHLM team?

4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

1. Do the Saskatoon Wild players still kiss the picture of Fabio Jokinen before walking out of the locker room - he is almost a legendary Saskatoon player?

2. If someone takes a late hit on Nguyen, will you drop the gloves and go after the hitter?

3. What is your biggest weakness at the moment as a player?

4. Cheerleaders on the stands, while you are on the ice/bench during commercial breaks - rude to stare at them ?

5.  Who is your least favorite VHLM team?

1. Yeah, the vets sure, some of the rookies like me, I really only do it to respect the superstition, but I think I saw a female fan making out with it, then security dragged her our.

2. Yeah, if anyone touches him and it's a cheap shot or just fucking stupid I'll drop the gloves for Dill Pickle.

3. My biggest weakness as a player is definitely defense. I suck at defending, always have. I love offense. I really need to work on it. I mean, I didn't have to worry thanks to Nyugen and Weekes, but I should work it.

4. I mean, freedom for all, don't really care if you do. I'm guilty of it and sometimes I randomly get penalties just to stare at them longer. Yeah I'm a perv.

5. Not any really, but if I had to choose Yukon. I don't know why I just like them slightly less than the other teams. Them losing the cup despite destroying us makes me dislike them slightly more too.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

"Hello?" Ryuu would say, the microphone screeching with feedback. As he looked at the sound guy, who nodded back at him he began the Press Conference.

1) Congratulations on getting drafted, twice. How does it feel to have your future settled in both the VHL and VHLM?

2) You were the first overall pick of the VHLM draft. Do you feel the weight of any expectations, and do you think you can perform to that level?

3) As a second-round pick of the Reign, there's probably a little less pressure when it comes to the VHL itself. How do you feel about your new team, and what role do you see yourself filling there?

On August 11, 2018 at 8:53 AM, Hybrid1486 said:

1) Congratulations on getting drafted, twice. How does it feel to have your future settled in both the VHL and VHLM?

2) You were the first overall pick of the VHLM draft. Do you feel the weight of any expectations, and do you think you can perform to that level?

3) As a second-round pick of the Reign, there's probably a little less pressure when it comes to the VHL itself. How do you feel about your new team, and what role do you see yourself filling there?

1) Feels great! Knowing that I have one more chance at the founders and I get to play a full season in the Minors, and knowing what the future will be like in the VHL is the best situation ever.

2) You read my mind. I was surprised when I was the First Overall Pick. I do feel the weight a lot, thinking, gotta be the best, gotta live up to my expectations. I don't really wanna preach bout myself, so let's just wait and see if I can perform to that level.

3) My new team is great! Me and my bro Nyugen are together in the team, plus me and Preecarnacion have become really good friends. The GM is awesome. Like I mentioned before the draft, I hoped they would pick me. The role I see myself filling, I'm not sure. I have only been in the Minors for a few months so I can't really be sure. Maybe a goal scorer? I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

1. How is the atmosphere in the Wild's locker room, with the rough season so far?

2. Your name has been included in trade rumours for a couple of days now. Any team you'd like to end up with?

3. Dylan has been included in trade rumours too. How would you feel about both getting traded to different contenders?

4. What's your favourite pregame meal?

5. Who's your favourite to win the Founders' Cup this year, and why?

6. Having already gone through the VHL draft, do you have any advice for people going through their first year in the VHLM right now?

@SlapshotDragon

Edited by Enorama

15 minutes ago, McWolf said:

1. How is the atmosphere in the Wild's locker room, with the rough season so far?

2. Your name has been included in trade rumours for a couple of days now. Any team you'd like to end up with?

3. Dylan has been included in trade rumours too. How would you feel about both getting traded to different contenders?

1. Eh, since we're doing pretty good considering some of these guys are new and we just came out of a horrible season, it's okay. Nobody's happy but nobody's too disappointed.

2. I would like to stay with the Wild. Again, they mean so much to me. But if not, maybe Halifax. Plus Pepper is the goalie there.

3. I would be mad. But not too mad. Because, even though we would be apart for the rest of the season, at least we're together at Riga. But seperate us in the VHL, oh boy I'll rage.

I won't claim this till next week but thanks dude.

Edited by SlapshotDragon

5 minutes ago, SlapshotDragon said:

2. I would like to stay with the Wild. Again, they mean so much to me. But if not, maybe Halifax. Plus Pepper is the goalie there.

Mertz and Smith are in Halifax

• 2 weeks later...
On August 28, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Enorama said:

4. What's your favourite pregame meal?

5. Who's your favourite to win the Founders' Cup this year, and why?

6. Having already gone through the VHL draft, do you have any advice for people going through their first year in the VHLM right now?

@SlapshotDragon

4. My favourite pre-game meal is Wonton Soup with Balut and Rice. You should try it!

5. Definitely us, the 21st. Karl has been on fire and Smitty and Mertz have been awesome. They deserve it and I really think they will. Unless they pull a rush.

6. My advice is calm down, and be proud of yourselves. You worked hard. No matter what team you are in, you'll do great.

• 1 month later...

1. How did you feel about Halifax falling short in the finals? 

2. When you were traded to Halifax, were you initially impressed or were you skeptical? 

3. Are you excited to be a member of the Riga Reign? 

40 minutes ago, Peace said:

1. How did you feel about Halifax falling short in the finals? 

2. When you were traded to Halifax, were you initially impressed or were you skeptical? 

3. Are you excited to be a member of the Riga Reign? 

1. I mean, we tried our best. Kinda mad at myself for being so close. Oh well, gotta work harder in the big leagues.

2. I was a bit skeptical, like, really? The 21st would want me? I was surprised Gooning even traded me, but taught me early to expect anything.

3. Hell yeah I am! I can't wait to play in the big leagues and help out a bit. I was surprised that I was first line but still excited. Lots of other guys like Peace, Nguyen, Dabarno, and MacKinnon are gonna be there!

Edited by SlapshotDragon

• Admin

1. Welcome to the top line - daunted? Excited?

2. Think we're in for some exciting times in Riga, what do you think are realistic targets for the next 3-4 seasons?

3. We've had some really strong drafts recently, is there any rivalry brewing between the S62 and S63 classes?

4. If you weren't drafted to Riga, where would your preferred destination have been?

5. What are your thoughts on the newly introduced brands/endorsements?

17 hours ago, Victor said:

2. Think we're in for some exciting times in Riga, what do you think are realistic targets for the next 3-4 seasons?

3. We've had some really strong drafts recently, is there any rivalry brewing between the S62 and S63 classes?

4. If you weren't drafted to Riga, where would your preferred destination have been?

1. I actually thought I was gonna be second line but yeah I'm so excited! I still am in shock that Twinger wasn't first.

2. You know, I think we can make it to the second round of the playoffs but if we work hard probably make it to the Finals and win.

3. Not that I know of, no. Most of us S62 Class people were playing with the S63 Class, so we were used to each other. I feel like the S63 players are having more rivals with other S63 players. You can kind of blend us two classes together, because technically we both are starting our first years but no rivalries between S62 and S63.

Edited by SlapshotDragon

1. Yes that would be great! ?

2. In general, I cringe everytime they show up but I'm ok with them.

3. hahahaahaha no.

(Will answer the last 2 next week)

2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. Do you want your meme channel back on discord?

2. Are you ok with penny memes there?

3. Do you think we can hold the first spot by the end of season?

4. Is Ryuu Crimson your real name?

5. Do you think you'll ever see Calgary Flames win Stanley?

On 10/29/2018 at 2:01 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Do you want your meme channel back on discord?

2. Are you ok with penny memes there?

3. Do you think we can hold the first spot by the end of season?

4. Is Ryuu Crimson your real name?

5. Do you think you'll ever see Calgary Flames win Stanley?

4. hahahahahahahahahahah no.

5. Possibly. We aren't good but we are playoff contenders so it's possible.

On 10/21/2018 at 8:11 AM, Victor said:

4. Calgary or Quebec. Unless Dylan was drafted to a different place as well. If he was, where he went. Calgary because I'm a Calgarian and Quebec because why not.

1.) Do you wish you were getting more playing time, or are you happy that the team is winning?

2.) Do you think Riga will make a Championship run this season?

3.) Who do you think is your toughest competition this season?

4.) What is currently the weakest part of your game?

5.) How do you like your eggs?

On October 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Victor said:

5. They are really cool. A great idea and I'm excited to see the future with them.

18 hours ago, omgitshim said:

1.) Do you wish you were getting more playing time, or are you happy that the team is winning?

2.) Do you think Riga will make a Championship run this season?

3.) Who do you think is your toughest competition this season?

4.) What is currently the weakest part of your game?

5.) How do you like your eggs?

1. I'm happy the team is winning. As long as we're winning and I'm at least playing, I'm fine.

2. Definitely. We have been working hard and it's gone well so far.

Edited by SlapshotDragon