Finals GM 7: HC Dynamo vs. Wranglers

Will

27 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Yeah it does suck. Like I said though your team is fine long term no clue why you're so worried about cap. You can easily fix it lol.

I'm not worried about cap, I can fix it. Firesale. I'm not going to trade Louth or Johnsson and replace with 300 TPE players, that is the real fix for my cap. I also am losing Symmetrik to retirement and am at the ceiling so it doesn't make sense to make the team way worse and try and compete against you guys again.

44 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I'm not worried about cap, I can fix it. Firesale. I'm not going to trade Louth or Johnsson and replace with 300 TPE players, that is the real fix for my cap. I also am losing Symmetrik to retirement and am at the ceiling so it doesn't make sense to make the team way worse and try and compete against you guys again.

Imagine selling a team when we have Helsinki and NY.

11 minutes ago, Green said:

Davos - check. 

Now just 1 active franchise i need a cup with to have a cup with all 8 teams (thanks league for removing vast/sto that was a curse that could take me years)

Holy shit thats awesome. 

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

sees "not going to trade" then doesnt see Niko. ? 

4 hours ago, BluObieZ said:

Lol another cup for me. @BanackockI thought I was not getting one this year and should sign in seattle lol. Captain Kane lifts cup right in Calgary's faces.

The right words were “thank you”. With me, you’d be winning fuck all. Hehe

Pretty garbage Boner was taken off our roster for the series. I think the series is a lot different if we play with three defense Instead of two

2 hours ago, Bushito said:

Pretty garbage Boner was taken off our roster for the series. I think the series is a lot different if we play with three defense Instead of two

Stop crying. Excuses are for the weak. Fix your issues and get back here next season. I suggest running with 4 D. 

2 hours ago, Bushito said:

I hear you, that is pretty garbage. But realistically speaking you didn't note it until the series was over. Since it wasn't just a single game, it was the whole series, it's kind of tough to argue for a resim around something like that. I think the only difference you'd see from the other D is probably less shots against in some games. But you won some of those games (Stropko played like a god tbf.) 

But it is why GM's get told to be on top of any potential missteps or mistakes asap. The league can't just sim a whole round of the playoffs, the Finals no less, move into the off-season and then just post pound everything due to a resim issue. I mean I'm not saying we may not, or there couldn't be a reason for that. But generally any big reason like that would get ironed out much faster. Like if your back up goalie played all series. But again, those are the type of details that would likely instantly get noticed by the community. Line changes and minor roster players are the ones that are easy to miss. 

In the future even if your busy (as you mentioned in this thread) maybe get a trusted teammate to be keeping a look at lines/rosters for you? Just a thought. Tough break and all sir but as mentioned kind of a unique situation. Just going to have to live with the result. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

as

1 hour ago, Devise said:

I hear you, that is pretty garbage. But realistically speaking you didn't note it until the series was over. Since it wasn't just a single game, it was the whole series, it's kind of tough to argue for a resim around something like that. I think the only difference you'd see from the other D is probably less shots against in some games. But you won some of those games (Stropko played like a god tbf.) 

But it is why GM's get told to be on top of any potential missteps or mistakes asap. The league can't just sim a whole round of the playoffs, the Finals no less, move into the off-season and then just post pound everything due to a resim issue. I mean I'm not saying we may not, or there couldn't be a reason for that. But generally any big reason like that would get ironed out much faster. Like if your back up goalie played all series. But again, those are the type of details that would likely instantly get noticed by the community. Line changes and minor roster players are the ones that are easy to miss. 

In the future even if your busy (as you mentioned in this thread) maybe get a trusted teammate to be keeping a look at lines/rosters for you? Just a thought. Tough break and all sir but as mentioned kind of a unique situation. Just going to have to live with the result. 

I did check and the rosters were right at the start of the playoffs. At some point Boner was removed from the team

4 hours ago, Bushito said:

Wow.

Thats pretty big. Saying he’d have little to no affect and make a slim difference is bullshit. I don’t know how good he is but he’s better than a comp player

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

How about if we make the finals next season we just remove one player from the opposing team. Seems fair

How about do your job as a GM. Complain after game 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. You had 6 chances and you blew it. Three of them you won so logically you weren't going to complain. So that means you were fine with it. Complaining after game 7 just proves you are a sore loser. You lost. Deal with it. You screwed your players by not complaining sooner. You are the only person you can blame. 

• Commissioner
56 minutes ago, Dangles13 said:

I thought GMs submitted their own lines, why have we seen so many issues these playoffs?

They do but it’s still a tricky process. Sometimes the lines don’t send when they should, sometimes they don’t load properly, sometimes things are just missed.

In this case there was a couple of mistakes. 1 was on @Will, as he openly admits, since he thought Boner was mistakenly on the roster so he removed him. However that was during the semi’s. No one from CGY noticed (or at least said anything) until after game 7 and no lines were sent in to correct the issue.

A backup was tested with Boner in the lines and Davos won the series 4-2 with similar results in each game. There’s no reason for this to be a big deal. it’s just an unfortunate circumstance that should have been noticed long before now.

20 minutes ago, Beketov said:

They do but it’s still a tricky process. Sometimes the lines don’t send when they should, sometimes they don’t load properly, sometimes things are just missed.

In this case there was a couple of mistakes. 1 was on @Will, as he openly admits, since he thought Boner was mistakenly on the roster so he removed him. However that was during the semi’s. No one from CGY noticed (or at least said anything) until after game 7 and no lines were sent in to correct the issue.

A backup was tested with Boner in the lines and Davos won the series 4-2 with similar results in each game. There’s no reason for this to be a big deal. it’s just an unfortunate circumstance that should have been noticed long before now.

Thanks for the breakdown. Guess the morale of the story is to triple check things every game.

22 minutes ago, Beketov said:

They didn't say anything because they were up in the series. They waited till the end when they lost. If they were okay with it all series long they should be okay with the end result. 

35 minutes ago, BluObieZ said:

They didn't say anything because they were up in the series. They waited till the end when they lost. If they were okay with it all series long they should be okay with the end result. 

I didn’t even know about you ass clown. I’m the one who said to resim the first series when there was mistakes made.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Simmet fucked so no big deal we did another sim with similar results now drop it, convienent results

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Something like that shouldn’t be happening and before removing a player, they should consult everyone involved.

No one is gonna want to be a part of a league that has serious fuck ups like this that are 17263629% avoidable.