NYA/DAV S61 Offseason

Spade18

Just now, Victor said:

Blame David Knight.

Well he's no longer here so let's rewrite the rules to make sense lol. IMO it should be like the NFL with trades then the NHL. People make their moves in the off season then load up from there. Just makes the most sense.

It doesn't matter because the deal can get done either way eventually. But FWIW the spreadsheet shows you can retain 100 percent between the off season and game 40 unless I'm reading in in reverse.

6 minutes ago, Bushito said:

It’s going to 33 mil with new brackets being announced I can guarantee you that

Is there an official announcement or anything? Seems prudent to announce that before the off season.

That said, if the cap is going down as much as bash predicted/said it would then I think that's something GM's should have been communicated about at the deadline the year before in the future. I knew there were discussions but the spreadsheet still showed 36 M so I assumed there was a change of heart due to all the new users.

Just now, Gooningitup said:

Wait caps going down despite last 2 draft classes growing the league? And this one looking like its shaping up to be more. Makes no sense unless we expanding lol

Thats what everyone else is thinking....

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Tyler said:

That said, if the cap is going down as much as bash predicted/said it would then I think that's something GM's should have been communicated about at the deadline the year before in the future. I knew there were discussions but the spreadsheet still showed 36 M so I assumed there was a change of heart due to all the new users.

The spreadsheet probably never will be updated for the next year, although in this particular case they decided yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Wait caps going down despite last 2 draft classes growing the league? And this one looking like its shaping up to be more. Makes no sense unless we expanding lol

Should raise the cap to whatever number i need to make this work 

25 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Is there an official announcement or anything? Seems prudent to announce that before the off season.

If discussion is not in a public forum or the GM area that's a pretty bad look

Just now, Higgins said:

If discussion is not in a public forum or the GM area that's a pretty bad look

I knew there were rumors but nothing was made official to me or spadd obviously 

i think in the future any cap move should be made public before the deadline of the previous season. 

• Senior Admin
2 hours ago, Tyler said:

To be fair, I think some of the GMs of the BOG are misrepresenting things a bit here by not properly explaining. The idea was never to lower the sort of.. 'overall cap space' or make things more restrictive than they are now, it was actually just making some adjustments to the brackets after seeing how things played out this season with the new brackets - and the lower cap was  a result of the new brackets because the minimum for most brackets decreased by at least 500k, slightly more in some cases.  So simply saying 'the cap is going down 3M' is not really an accurate description, at all, because minimum salaries were going down with it. I guess they decided to leave that part out. IIRC Quik's projections showed every single team would have had at least a little extra cap space under the new brackets than the old. 

But I agree with you that we likely missed the boat for this season because we couldn't really come to a clear consensus, which is why there was no announcement. Tbh I think the discussion should move to the public realm for next season because I doubt we're going to come to a consensus in the BOG with 2 GMs lobbying for big cap increases. 

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, Tyler said:

Accepted. Might have to wait until the pre season to make it official so we can trade the S64 first but best to get it up now

Also - S64's are allowed to be traded now (as soon as the season ended) 

7 minutes ago, Will said:

To be fair, I think some of the GMs of the BOG are misrepresenting things a bit here by not properly explaining. The idea was never to lower the sort of.. 'overall cap space' or make things more restrictive than they are now, it was actually just making some adjustments to the brackets after seeing how things played out this season with the new brackets - and the lower cap was  a result of the new brackets because the minimum for most brackets decreased by at least 500k, slightly more in some cases.  So simply saying 'the cap is going down 3M' is not really an accurate description, at all, because minimum salaries were going down with it. I guess they decided to leave that part out. IIRC Quik's projections showed every single team would have had at least a little extra cap space under the new brackets than the old.  

But I agree with you that we likely missed the boat for this season because we couldn't really come to a clear consensus, which is why there was no announcement. Tbh I think the discussion should move to the public realm for next season because I doubt we're going to come to a consensus in the BOG with 2 GMs lobbying for big cap increases. 

Yeah spade explained it a bit more in PM's. Just gonna wait on it to all be sorted out before we move forward with a deal.

1 hour ago, Will said:

To be fair I did say brackets were changing as well. Also it isn’t some huge change, 33 was said in the BOG and the brackets were agreed on a long time ago. Just announce it.

• Senior Admin
4 hours ago, Tyler said:

Yeah spade explained it a bit more in PM's. Just gonna wait on it to all be sorted out before we move forward with a deal.

The cap and brackets will remain the same for S62.