McWolf flies coach

McWolf

Joseph McWolf is currently finding himself in a weird situation. He probably never imagined he’d ever be in this particular situation, especially not at the tender age of 20. For the first time in his life, young Joseph is on a plane, flying from his native England to whatever city holds that next VHLM draft. He had only started training to become a professional hockey player a couple months back but, apparently, he already was known enough for his honest talent to be invited to this year’s VHLM Entry Draft. The letter he received clearly indicated that he was on the official available prospect list and he was clearly not going to miss this event.

But the weirdest part in this situation isn’t even the fact that he might get picked by a team that probably realized this McWolf kid existed only a couple days ago. Or the fact that he was ecstatic to go sit in arena stands far away from home and family to hear some team managers call other player’s names for a couple hours, and probably never get drafted himself. No. The weirdest about this whole situation is that Joseph felt he might have better odds of being called on the stage if the league and teams staff knew him better, so he is currently sitting in a fairly comfortable coach seat writing his biography. A damn biography, at 20 damn years old. Just when you think you've seen anything.

Upon seeing this press report, the Ottawa Lynx of the VHLM have sent a scout to the airport of whichever city is hosting the draft, just to keep tabs on this kid. Anyone willing to write a bio on a plane so GMs know him better, has a work ethic and is worth a spot on a VHLM team. 

(I can't guarantee you who will draft you, I'm a VHLM GM myself but I'm sure everyone else is doing their homework on this draft as well. I can assure you that you will absolutely be drafted, the only guys that won't be drafted are guys who have long since gone inactive. Any predraft activity by a potential draftee is a good sign.)

Good to know! I didn't bother checking the number of rounds in VHLM drafts, but the prospect list that Tagger linked in his newsletter was massive. I thought I might fall through. Well, worst case, I'm getting drafted late and other teams don't know what they're missing.

Just now, McWolf said:

Good to know! I didn't bother checking the number of rounds in VHLM drafts, but the prospect list that Tagger linked in his newsletter was massive. I thought I might fall through. Well, worst case, I'm getting drafted late and other teams don't know what they're missing.

The rounds keep getting added as the draft goes on, if teams are still picking.