Joseph McWolf's Press Conferences

McWolf

11 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

What round of the draft do you predict being selected in?

I don't have high expectations about the round I'm getting selected in. The draft class seems to be massive, with a couple of guys being far above me in terms of talent and experience. Unlike most of these guys, I was only invited to join the league through the draft, I didn't get to play for a team last season, so I don't have any flashy stats to showcase and I'm aware of it. I think I might get drafted around the 4th or 5th round.

That being said, I don't mind the position I'm drafted at. I'd be happy to be selected by pretty much any team, and in any round. I wouldn't even mind being this year's Mr. Irrelevant, as the last player drafted in the whole thing.

1. What are some players you would compare your game to?

2. Do you have any pregame/game day superstitions?

3. Looking ahead to the future, which VHL team do you want to end up with?

4. Which Spice Girl do you most closely associate with?

5. If you were to start a team, where would it be located, what would your mascot be, and what would your team colors be?

37 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

1. What are some players you would compare your game to?

2. Do you have any pregame/game day superstitions?

3. Looking ahead to the future, which VHL team do you want to end up with?

4. Which Spice Girl do you most closely associate with?

5. If you were to start a team, where would it be located, what would your mascot be, and what would your team colors be?

1. If I had to define myself as a player, I'd say I am a good puck moving stay-at-home defenseman. I look up to guys like Marc-Édouard Vlasic. Not pretending I'll ever reach that level of defensive abilities, but I think my skillset resembles his.

2. Are you asking a sport player if he is superstitious? I do. We all do. Those that say they don't care what colour socks they wear or what song they listen to in the locker room are liars. As for me; I always hit a steak with pastas a couple hours before the game, I always lace my right skate first, and I always listen to the same playlist on my phone when I'm gearing up.

3. I don't mind the team I would play for as much as I mind the GM I would play for. I talked with a few VHLM and VHL GMs so far, and I think I connected with a couple of them. I'd see myself playing for them and, unless it happens that I'm not in the team's plans anymore or that relationship with the GM turns to crap, I plan to play for the same GM for most of my career. I won't say what teams I spoke with, though.

4. Posh Spice was the best back then and she still is, but I did like Sporty Spice as well.

5. It's funny you ask that, because back home, I used to play that hockey simulation game called EHM. One thing I would like to do is edit every team in the NHL to create a new 30-team league with random players in. That would create a nice challenge, as compared to playing in the regular, well-known NHL. Among all teams I created over the years, my favourites were the navy-and-gold North Dakota Thunderbirds, the classic Washington Capital-coloured Minnesota HC and the gold-black-and-white Oakland Quakes, so I would probably go with one of these. VHL opens up a lot of European markets though, so maybe I would go with something completely new too.

Edited by McWolf

1 minute ago, McWolf said:

5. It's funny you ask that, because back home, I used to play that hockey simulation game called EHM. One thing I would like to do is edit every team in the NHL to create a new 30-team league with random players in. That would create a nice challenge, as compared to playing in the regular, well-known NHL. Among all teams I created over the years, my favourites were the navy-and-gold North Dakota Thunderbirds, the classic Washington Capital-coloured Minnesota HC and the gold-black-and-white Oakland Quakes.

Holy tit cakes dude. I LOVE EHM.

If I were to admit the exact number of hundreds of hours I've put into that game I would be permanently shamed.

Just now, Spade18 said:

If I were to admit the exact number of hundreds of hours I've put into that game I would be permanently shamed.

I have no shame at all. Clock on EHM is at 1,2k hours according to Steam. That doesn't count the time I played with Wi-Fi turned off, which might be a couple more hundreds. And I have no idea about the exact time for the previous games, but I think I played freeware EHM and EHM 2007 a lot more than I played EHM. Probably 10k hours overall, something like that.

2 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I have no shame at all. Clock on EHM is at 1,2k hours according to Steam. That doesn't count the time I played with Wi-Fi turned off, which might be a couple more hundreds. And I have no idea about the exact time for the previous games, but I think I played freeware EHM and EHM 2007 a lot more than I played EHM. Probably 10k hours overall, something like that.

Here I was impressed with my 1.2k hours worth (90% of that is idling anyways, I leave it open at home so I can remote in to my PC).

1 minute ago, Enorama said:

Here I was impressed with my 1.2k hours worth (90% of that is idling anyways, I leave it open at home so I can remote in to my PC).

I go wayyyyy back, man. I played freeware EHM from like 2003 to 2010. I used to be in forum sim leagues using it.
And there's definitely a good chunk of that 10k from idling too. Hitting the spacebar once every 10 mins while watching TV

5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I go wayyyyy back, man. I played freeware EHM from like 2003 to 2010. I used to be in forum sim leagues using it.
And there's definitely a good chunk of that 10k from idling too. Hitting the spacebar once every 10 mins while watching TV

I only bought the game in Feb or Mar this year I think. The day I bought the game was the same day I joined the MHL though, and I was immediately told to make the 1st overall pick. In 2023. Having never touched the game before.

I'm lucky that ISS 1 happened to be good that year because I just picked him at random.

2 minutes ago, Enorama said:

I only bought the game in Feb or Mar this year I think. The day I bought the game was the same day I joined the MHL though, and I was immediately told to make the 1st overall pick. In 2023. Having never touched the game before.

I'm lucky that ISS 1 happened to be good that year because I just picked him at random.

Really? Wow, I figured everyone in BHL was veterans. Congrats on being so good online so fast!

Really? Wow, I figured everyone in BHL was veterans. Congrats on being so good online so fast!

I've yet to win the cup though, 16-17 BHL was my closest yet, but I actually just matched it in the 26-27 MHL, so I guess I'm making my way there ?

Just now, Enorama said:

I've yet to win the cup though, 16-17 BHL was my closest yet, but I actually just matched it in the 26-27 MHL, so I guess I'm making my way there ?

You got a strong team in BHL right now, you might just do it this year. Just gotta beat the Oilers and whatever the East sends your way in the Finals.

Just now, McWolf said:

You got a strong team in BHL right now, you might just do it this year. Just gotta beat the Oilers and whatever the East sends your way in the Finals.

And I have two 1sts to deal at the deadline if I feel like it again ?

Just now, Enorama said:

And I have two 1sts to deal at the deadline if I feel like it again ?

Hit me up at the dl, it's only a matter of time before my Flames go back to being a dumpster fire, so I will probably sell, just don't know what yet. Lost 5-2 twice in the last sim, including once to you.

1 hour ago, McWolf said:

1 hour ago, Enorama said:

My steam clock is only at 200 hours.... but I also only downloaded it on steam within the last year or two.  I think I've been playing since 09?

Regardless, I've had it on my last 6 computers, and pretty much the whole time I was in college I was playing it (that includes while in class) then I was working full time since I was 20 and most of my free time while my friends were in school went to that....

I'm currently 20 years deep on a run with the Hamilton Bull dogs because for some reason, they're the only team in the OHL from the most recent update without a cap on players I can send to my affiliate XD

8 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

My steam clock is only at 200 hours.... but I also only downloaded it on steam within the last year or two.  I think I've been playing since 09?

Regardless, I've had it on my last 6 computers, and pretty much the whole time I was in college I was playing it (that includes while in class) then I was working full time since I was 20 and most of my free time while my friends were in school went to that....

I'm currently 20 years deep on a run with the Hamilton Bull dogs because for some reason, they're the only team in the OHL from the most recent update without a cap on players I can send to my affiliate XD

Same man, I had the game running in every freaking uni class that allowed laptops ahah

I never enjoyed playingin the CHL, but most people seem to be like you and enjoy it a lot. I should give one more try soon-ish.

Edited by McWolf

8 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I haven't been able to make it more than three years into a run without getting bored. I'm in 4 online leagues though; MHL, GHL, NOHL, and BHL (which I share with McWolf). I just find the trading and FA systems too easy to exploit in single player, plus taking advantage of rookie GMs online is too fulfilling lol

Just now, Enorama said:

I haven't been able to make it more than three years into a run without getting bored. I'm in 4 online leagues though; MHL, GHL, NOHL, and BHL (which I share with McWolf). I just find the trading and FA systems too easy to exploit in single player, plus taking advantage of rookie GMs online is too fulfilling lol

you gotta set yourself a couple rules to have fun offline. Most of the time, I just never sign FA, and I don't trade for stars either. I get my good guys from the draft only.

5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Same man, I had the game running in every freaking uni class that allowed laptops ahah

I never enjoyed played in the CHL, but most people seem to be like you and enjoy it a lot. I should give one more try soon-ish.

It's different.... I love playing the NHL obviously so I can make my dream team and see how they would do.

But The CHL is my favorite for long term games.  Since the turn over is quick, it doesnt matter when 4 years in its all new generated players.

I personally dont trade much, I put a lot of faith in my draft picks.  So I get attached to my players.

Since I dont trade I use my shortlist as like a personal history more than players I'm looking to acquire.

Before I release anyone's rights I put them on my short list and then follow their career. 

Actually the goalie who I just made is a combination of the names of my two best ever players from EHM.  A both centers by the names of Ismond and Kingfisher.  Ismond was drafted 2nd overall by the florida panthers and won 2 selke trophies.  Also won a cup on the top line of SJS.  Kingfisher went to Philly and scored a SHIT ton of goals, but never really won anything for it.

Edited by Spade18

you gotta set yourself a couple rules to have fun offline. Most of the time, I just never sign FA, and I don't trade for stars either. I get my good guys from the draft only.

I ran with those for my last playthrough, but then I just offloaded all of my scrubs as packages for 1st rounders from different teams and had an insane team by year three. I should just try only playing guys that I drafted or collecting players from a certain country or whatever.

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

It's different.... I love playing the NHL obviously so I can make my dream team and see how they would do.

But The CHL is my favorite for long term games.  Since the turn over is quick, it doesnt matter when 4 years in its all new generated players.

I personally dont trade much, I put a lot of faith in my draft picks.  So I get attached to my players.

Since I dont trade I use my shortlist as like a personal history more than players I'm looking to acquire.

Before I release anyone's rights I put them on my short list and then follow their career. 

Actually the goalie who I just made is a combination of the names of my two best ever players from EHM.  A both centers by the names of Ismond and Kingfisher.  Ismond was drafted 2nd overall by the florida panthers and won 2 selke trophies.  Also won a cup on the top line of SJS.  Ismond went to Philly and scored a SHIT ton of goals, but never really won anything for it.

That's a very convincing speech. Next game I'm playing, I'll be GM for my hometown Quebec Remparts.

NEW WEEK, NEW QUESTIONS! OH FUUUUCK YA

1. What are your thoughts on the league so far?

2. Does your player have any PREGAME routines? Superstitions? 

3. If you could compare yourself to an NHL player, who would it be and why?

4. IF your player was to get involved with a celebrity (relationship wise), who would it be??? ;) 

5. Any suggestions as a new member to improve the site, make things easier or to better accommodate you?

@McWolf