Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1.     Is there any change you would make to our current jersey colour scheme? Or do you like the way it current is?

No way, it's great! A solid color scheme that suits the team well!

2.     Would you like to see a return of box scores to the locker room? Someone on the staff has been slacking on this so they have not been getting done.

Sure, why not? I tend to track the game scores myself anyway in the games forum, but sometimes when we have a large sim occur, it can get a bit overwhelming!

3.     As our locker room continues to develop and we have gained many new members is there anything else you would like to have added there? Anything that you think could up interaction within the locker room?

Nothing specific I can think of off hand, perhaps some games and activities such as that. Unfortunately I imagine anything like that is hard to maintain do to the high turnover rate of players in the minors. 

4.     We are nearing the end of the season in the VHLM. Who do you think has been the Halifax 21st’s MVP thus far?

Passerelli for sure! Top 10 in the league in multiple stats, the dude is a force!

5.     Is there any particular VHL franchise you would like to play for based on location or other factors? I know some of you have been drafted but where would you like to play?

No team in particular, but I would love to play for one of the Canadian teams. They have a long, illustrious history of excellence, and I would love to continue that tradition!

6.     Do you think we, as a team, have what it takes to take down the top guns in the VHLM this coming playoffs?

Absolutely! We've had our share of ups and downs this season, and are not quite where we would hope to be in the standings, but all the pieces are here to go for a deep run. 

Halifax 21st Press Conference (October 21 - 27)

What do y’all say to some TPE? Answer all six questions for 2 TPE!

1.     What is the next part of your game you are hoping to develop?

2.     What portion of your game are you particularly proud of when it comes to your on-ice play?

3.     Related to the question above which stat on the stat sheet is most important to you? Do you like to score goals? Do you like to block shots?

4.     After the home games which of your teammates seems to have the longest lineup for autographs?

5.     It’s the team Christmas party. Which teammate is making a fool of himself in front of team management?

6.     The Halifax 21st are holding a contest to decide what their team mascot is going to be. Do you have any good ideas?

Staff: @fonziGG @HughJas_

Players: @ShawnGlade @Benson @elrune1988 @Gaudette @BigBallerFromDownUnder @littleboi @ks5th @Kevin Lafleur @Chad D @aCrypticPancake @Larry Five Hole

A complete game, I proved that I can pass last season, score this season and hopefully by next season I'll be all over the score sheet.

2.     What portion of your game are you particularly proud of when it comes to your on-ice play?

Being able to score at opportune times.

3.     Related to the question above which stat on the stat sheet is most important to you? Do you like to score goals? Do you like to block shots?

Depends on the role I'm put into, since I'm offensive I really like points, goals and assists. Specialty teams would come second.

4.     After the home games which of your teammates seems to have the longest lineup for autographs?

Passerelli, he is all over social media and the fans love him.

5.     It’s the team Christmas party. Which teammate is making a fool of himself in front of team management?

All of us. Kramer decided to get everybody together to perform Rudolf the Reindeer and we were too drunk.. It didn't end well.

6.     The Halifax 21st are holding a contest to decide what their team mascot is going to be. Do you have any good ideas?

A potato or a trout with medieval gear on.

Edited by diacope

1.What is the next part of your game you are hoping to develop?

I really want to work on my passing game, before the draft I really want to demonstrate that I have the ability to make my teammates better more than just score. I want to be a player that empowers their teammates to preform not just be selfish

2.What portion of your game are you particularly proud of when it comes to your on-ice play?

I am particularly proud of my shooting, I want to be a player that can make their teammates better but if the going gets tuff and somebody needs to make something, I want to be the one that steps up and gets the team a win.

3.Related to the question above which stat on the stat sheet is most important to you? Do you like to score goals? Do you like to block shots?

Obviously I love goals but I don’t want to be one of those players that hunts goals before winning games.

4.After the home games which of your teammates seems to have the longest line-up for autographs?

Passerelli, something about him attracts people, I reckon its his beautiful beard

5.It’s the team Christmas party. Which teammate is making a fool of himself in front of team management?

Honestly it will probably be me, I don’t handle liquor very well.

6. The Halifax 21st are holding a contest to decide what their team mascot is going to be. Do you have any good ideas?

I think it would be very funny if our mascot was a guy in a shark contest and their could be a bit where we have somebody dress as the other mascot and have our shark guy attack them.

Consistency is key! Would definitely like to get more consistent, way too many games sub .900 for my liking.

Nothing really standing out yet. I am liking the amount of shutouts so far, but need to do some work all around for sure!

Rebound control! Making a save doesn't mean much when you kick it right onto the stick of the opponent. 

Aamon Grim. A stud in more ways than one. We'll leave it at that.

Teammate? More like the management making a fool of themselves in front of the team! There's a reason Fonzi isn't allowed within 20 feet of the punch bowl anymore. 

6.     The Halifax 21st are holding a contest to decide what their team mascot is going to be. Do you have any good ideas?

A giant donair. Extra saucy, no lettuce. Goes around throwing bricks of meat at people. Think Gritty, but edible. 

I'm going to answer these from a GM perspective.

Honestly, I love how this team plays at a systemic level. We're very strong on both sides of the ice. I'm hoping we can keep on track with how we're developing, currently. 

Honestly, I love our transition. We press the opposition into giving the puck away and our break out is incredibly strong. We just need a bit more physicality but even then, not much. Besides that, our special teams has done a job or two over the season.

For me, I obviously want to out shoot our opponents. This stat tells me we limited their offensive play while keeping our offensive play up to date.

Pass definitely seems busy after games. So does @BigBallerFromDownUnder recently with his huge play. @diacope has been busy as well since he's joined the team. Our fans love our players and hold them to high regard.

Haha, well this is awkward since I am team management. In a fun way, I'd have to say @Larry Five Hole.

Imagine gritty, but he's a boat. Terrible idea.

1. What is the next part of your game you are hoping to develop?

hoping to improve my passing finally.

My goal scoring as that’s who I was trying to create.

Goals first, points next.

Matt Thompson obv.

Probably Jerry.

Not sure... knowing Halifax it’s probably not a family friendly mascot.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, JeffD said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (October 21 - 27)

What do y’all say to some TPE? Answer all six questions for 2 TPE!

6.     The Halifax 21st are holding a contest to decide what their team mascot is going to be. Do you have any good ideas?

Staff: @fonziGG @HughJas_

Players: @ShawnGlade @Benson @elrune1988 @Gaudette @BigBallerFromDownUnder @littleboi @ks5th @Kevin Lafleur @Chad D @aCrypticPancake @Larry Five Hole

1. As a player in the VHL I hope to improve my offensive output.

2. My Defense has improved tremendously since my time in the VHLM.

3. I like to be a play making two way Defenseman, I enjoy blocking shots while contributing offensively with assists.

4. On my team in the VHL, Matt Thompson.

5. Gaudette is always the one that comes to mind.

6. No not really, I'm sure whatever they decide will be great.

Halifax 21st Press Conference (November 4-10)

Answer six of these for your 2 TPE!

1.    Is there any team that you hate to play against in this league?

2.    How is your offseason training regimen going so far? Anything you are specifically focusing on?

3.    Are there any other sports that you are particularly good at? Did you ever think of trying to go pro in anything else?

4.     If you are out at the bar with some friends or teammates what is your drink of choice?

5.    After a solid season that ended with some playoff disappointment what are your realistic expectations for the team next year?

6.     Any particular hole you would like to see addressed in the draft?

7.     Goalie Bruce Theodore unexpectedly retired this weekend. Had he spoken to you at all prior to the decision?

8.     Do you see any players on our team that you think could surprise this coming season?

9.     Which team are you most excited to play against next season?

10.     Who has the worst music taste when they get control in the locker room?

1. Is there any team that you hate to play against in this league?

A: I don't think you can come at it like that, the competitor in me wants to be every team on a given night. 

2.    How is your offseason training regimen going so far? Anything you are specifically focusing on?

A: Not anything I am focusing on just becoming the best all around player I can be.

3.    Are there any other sports that you are particularly good at? Did you ever think of trying to go pro in anything else?

A: I am actually pretty good at basketball, maybe in another life....

4.     If you are out at the bar with some friends or teammates what is your drink of choice?

A: I don't drink, I promised mum when I moved away I would focus only on hockey.

5.    After a solid season that ended with some playoff disappointment what are your realistic expectations for the team next year?

A: Everyday better then yesterday, we are going to make a deeper push after an excellent season .

A: No, just improving the team's overall talent levels.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, JeffD said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (November 4-10)

1.    Is there any team that you hate to play against in this league?

7.     Goalie Bruce Theodore unexpectedly retired this weekend. Had he spoken to you at all prior to the decision?

8.     Do you see any players on our team that you think could surprise this coming season?

9.     Which team are you most excited to play against next season?

•  

2. Keeping it simple, mostly working on my cardio and defensive play.

3. I was relatively good in basketball, I played the point guard position.

4. Jagger bomb kind of guy.

5. Another playoff run, our team has drafted well and will be ready for this season.

7. No, but I hope the best for whatever he hopes to pursue.

9. Minnesota, I played for them during my career in the VHLM.

• 2 weeks later...

Halifax 21st Press Conference (November 18-25)

1.    How has your first few days in the team been?

2.    Thoughts on all the trades the management has made?

3.    Are there any other sports that you are particularly good at? Did you ever think of trying to go pro in anything else?

5.    What are your expectations for this season?

6.     Any particular hole you would like to see addressed in the season?

7.     What are your thoughts on the 2 goalies on the team?

9.     Which team are you most excited to play against this season?

These first few days have been awesome! The team is very nice in the locker room and they make it very easy to be a member of the Halifax 21st.

The trades have brought in Leon Gutzwiler, Boris Boris, and King Kruul. A forward, a defenseman, and a goalie for some picks will help Halifax win this season and I'm all about it.

3.    Are there any other sports that you are particularly good at? Did you ever think of trying to go pro in anything else?

Growing up in Switzerland soccer was the main sport the other youth were playing. Because of this Gabriel is also a very adept center back. 

My drink of choice is always a rum and coke with a slice of lime. It's a cool and refreshing adult beverage that hits the spot just right.

5.    What are your expectations for this season?

My expectations for this season is for Halifax to compete at the highest level and if not win the cup then give an honest and solid effort towards that goal. With the moves that management has made I can tell that they are dedicated to making that happen.

Leon Gutzwiler brings out the groans when he plugs in the aux cord to his phone. He has a nasty habit of blasting anime soundtracks through the practice facility.

5 hours ago, fonziGG said:

1.    How has your first few days in the team been? - as Herb Brooks said "Great moments are born from great opportunities."

2.    Thoughts on all the trades the management has made? amazing it got me here

3.    Are there any other sports that you are particularly good at? Did you ever think of trying to go pro in anything else? - I'm sick at soccer hate it though. Kinda of good at football; good qb bad awareness tho, and bad but I love basketball not thinking of pros 

4.     If you are out at the bar with some friends or teammates what is your drink of choice? - nothing my pleasure is watching my teammates getting drunk so they score 0 goals on me @ practice

5.    What are your expectations for this season? I think I could win tend of the year

6.     Any particular hole you would like to see addressed in the season? - The '5 hole'

7.     What are your thoughts on the 2 goalies on the team? Boris is the G.O.A.T

8.     Do you see any players on our team that you think could surprise this coming season? Jaxx could be a sick backup

9.     Which team are you most excited to play against this season? Ottawa my first ever vclm team

10.     Who has the worst music taste when they get control in the locker room? - no comment but bad backup = bad taste so jaxx don't be a bad backup

On 11/19/2019 at 1:01 PM, fonziGG said:

I just joined the team today but the players and the GM have been nice and I look forward to my first game.

I really like the addition of king kruul and I think he makes a pretty big impact on this team.

I'm good at baseball and lacrosse but I haven't had the chance to play them in any pro leagues.

I think I'd order water since I'm too young to drink any alcohol.

My expectations are simply for me to get the correct ice time that fits my needs and skill as a right handed defender.

I haven't encountered any holes yet but I for sure will let a staff know if i do.

Boris Boris looks like a great goalie, I haven't got the chance to meet either of them but I really like the stats between the two.

On 11/19/2019 at 2:01 PM, fonziGG said:

1. its been great here i love the team and the players everyone has been friendly.

2.  The trades made here have brought me here. I am very happy that they were made I think everyone that was traded for has a goal and that together we can accomplish these goals

3.  I'm not very good at any other sports but my agency has a good basketball player.

4.  In my Hometown there's a drink called a swamp water which is basically vodka, tequila, rum, Granadine, fruit punch, coconut rum and pineapple juice.

5.  To go on to the ice and play as hard as I can and to trust my coaches and to accomplish whatever the coaches have set out for me

6.  I've heard that my assistant head coach has an affinity for donuts I'd like to see him have more donuts

• 2 weeks later...

1.    How has your first few days in the team been?

My first few days with Halifax back then were great. Very engaging teammates.

Trades are always good. Good to see management making moves to try improve the team.

3.    Are there any other sports that you are particularly good at? Did you ever think of trying to go pro in anything else?

Basketball. Currently getting ready to sign my first contract in the SBDL.

I either grab a mule or an Old Fashion.

Was expecting great things. Reality and expectations are two different things apparently.

Thought maybe me but I guess not.

1.    How has your first few days on the team been? - It's been pretty good. Assistant GM Jeff Downey has been a family friend for years and he's been a big help with getting up to speed. Also can't go wrong when you share a locker room with a Hextall!

2.    Thoughts on all the trades the management has made? - Honestly, I don't really know much about the trades yet. I've been more worried about getting acclimated with my new teammates than to find out how they got here. 

3.    Are there any other sports that you are particularly good at? Did you ever think of trying to go pro in anything else? - I always enjoyed football, but I never played it in any organized fashion. Maybe if I would have focused on it like I did hockey, maybe. But that's not obviously how it played out. 

4.     If you are out at the bar with some friends or teammates what is your drink of choice? - If we're in Canada, it's hard cider. Great taste and relatively inexpensive. Obviously I can't get anything fancy back in the States yet. 

5.    What are your expectations for this season? - I'm here to prove that I belong and to improve in every manner that I can. I want to be a valuable contributor to Halifax. 

6.     Any particular hole you would like to see addressed in the season? - I don't think that's something I can publicly comment on right now. 

7.     What are your thoughts on the 2 goalies on the team? - They're a pretty good tandem for this level, it's refreshing to have two guys on the team that you can count on in net. Boris Boris is super solid and dependable, but I'm definitely starstruck playing with Jaxx Hextall. I'm a big fan of the Flyers and I never dreamed I would get to play with a Hextall. It was a very surreal moment for me. 

8.     Do you see any players on our team that you think could surprise this coming season? - Gabriel Gutweiler, another left wing on the team, has some sneaky decent talent. He plays an excellent two-way game for this level and that's a valuable asset for any club. He's a really underrated player for this team.

9.     Which team are you most excited to play against this season? - Honestly, all of them. Playing against them means I've made it this far, so now I need to work my best to help beat them and show I'm ready for the VHL when my time comes. 

10.     Who has the worst music taste when they get control in the locker room? - Benson Kramer puts on his SoundCloud, which is nothing but him playing the slap bass. It sounds like we're in a Seinfeld episode every time he puts it on... not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Edited by Doomsday

Oh, I'm probably grabbing about 20-30 tokes off of a pre-rolled joint either in my car, or in front of the bar. Then I'll go in for a pint of Molson Canadian. 

I expect my player, Jet Jaguar, to be the highest scoring centerman in the league, that my team, Moscow Menace, will reach the Continental Cup Finals, and that I'll win most improved player individual award or something. 

Question is big pause worthy, but I have no clue about the VHLM or how Halifax is doing. Hopefully things are going good!

• 5 weeks later...

So welcome everyone to the first press conference of the S70 Halifax 21st. Sorry this one is late I will endeavour to bring these too you by the Monday. This is the weekly press conference if you want you can answer 3 questions for 1 TPE or 6 questions for 2 TPE, I will usually ask you 10 questions a week but feel free to only answer the 6 you want to. It gives you more to choose from so it is a win win.

1. First up what are your goals you would like to achieve this season;
  2. Have you ever been to Halifax;
  3. Introduce yourself to the Media, tell them something interesting about your player;
  4. Halifax had a pretty small draft with only 3 picks what do you think about the players chosen;
  5. If you are a new player how are you settling in, if you are an older player what do you think of the management change;
  6. What sort of build are you trying to do with your player;
  7. Are there any VHLers that you look up to or aspire to be like;
  8. What is your favourite movie;
  9. What is your favourite TV show;
  10. Would you like me to answer these questions also.

My questions will hopefully improve as the season goes on and I know what to talk about.

Decent, they've been showing me how things work.

I'm sure whatever they're doing will be best for the team.

Hmm, no. Not really.

Coke

To help be a brick wall infront of the net

My Five Hole

On 1/14/2020 at 12:57 PM, Berocka said:

1. First up what are your goals you would like to achieve this season; Score goals as much as i can and help the team of course.
  2. Have you ever been to Halifax; Nope.
  3. Introduce yourself to the Media, tell them something interesting about your player; Im fast skater and sniper.
  4. Halifax had a pretty small draft with only 3 picks what do you think about the players chosen; -
  5. If you are a new player how are you settling in, if you are an older player what do you think of the management change; -
  6. What sort of build are you trying to do with your player; Hard working sniper.
  7. Are there any VHLers that you look up to or aspire to be like;-
  8. What is your favourite movie; Fast & Furious 7
  9. What is your favourite TV show; La casa de papel aka Money Heist
  10. Would you like me to answer these questions also.

1. Would you rather make the playoffs and be swept round one, or miss the playoffs;
  2. What is your pre game ritual
  3. Do you have a "lucky" item i.e underwear, stick, etc;
  4. What is your favourite task to do for TPE;
  5. Do you aspire to get a job in the VHL;
  6. What is your biggest weakness on the ice.