Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 1/20/2020 at 5:50 AM, Berocka said:

1. Would you rather make the playoffs and be swept round one, or miss the playoffs;
  2. What is your pre game ritual
  3. Do you have a "lucky" item i.e underwear, stick, etc;
  4. What is your favourite task to do for TPE;
  5. Do you aspire to get a job in the VHL;
  6. What is your biggest weakness on the ice.

1. Get swept because it's good experience for uprising players.

2. Listen some music and tape sticks.

3. My stick, of course haha.

4. Press conference.

5. In future, maybe.

6. Physicality.

1. Would you rather make the playoffs and be swept round one, or miss the playoffs;
    "Be swept."
  2. What is your pre game ritual
    "Play against the team on the VHL Game on my Xbox the day ofand Listening to the Mothership album by Dance Gavin Dance."
  3. Do you have a "lucky" item i.e underwear, stick, etc;
    "The stick tape my mom mails me."
  4. What is your favourite task to do for TPE;
    "Graphics"
  5. Do you aspire to get a job in the VHL;
    "No"
  6. What is your biggest weakness on the ice.
    "Shooting"

Halifax 21st Press Conference (January 27 - February 2)

Answer all six questions for two capped TPE!

1. How have you enjoyed your time in the city of Halifax so far?

2. Have you enjoyed any fresh seafood dinners from the local restaurants down on the piers?

3. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the locker room a more enjoyable place?

4. After a hard fought game what is your go to way to relax?

5. What are your goals for this season?

6. Do you have any questions for the new management team?

1 so far in Halifax I am enjoying it very much and I hope to play for Halifax for many more years. 

2 not recent but since my birthday is tomorrow than I maybe going to restaurant that severs meals like that there.

3  one way that I think that could help make the locker room better is to make sure that everyone is getting TP points to make their player better.

4 the way I relax is playing NHL 20 for a bit with my friends 

5 my goals for the season are to have more than 30 goals or lead the team in goals 

6 how can I become a GM in the VHL 

1. How have you enjoyed your time in the city of Halifax so far?
"I've enjoyed my time in Halifax so far. It's much different from the way things were in Germany."

2. Have you enjoyed any fresh seafood dinners from the local restaurants down on the piers?
"I've tried to, the places are all great but I've been spending most of my days on the practice ice."

3. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the locker room a more enjoyable place?
"I really have no idea, I'm really just focused on myself and not trying to let the team down."

4. After a hard fought game what is your go to way to relax?
"Ice bath, hard music, and some yogurt. Always my go to."

5. What are your goals for this season?
"I want to have a SV% over .900 this year and at least 1 shutout."

6. Do you have any questions for the new management team?
"None that I can think of right now, like I said, I want to focus on my improvement as a goalie."

1. Enjoying the fishing spots a lot! The fresh seafood here is great!
2. Absolutely, the cod and haddock fish and chips are truly amazing.
3. Being notified more frequently about extra gains would be great
4. I like to swim and fish. Oh, and snow cones!
5. I want to contribute to the team anyway I can. Definitely want to be a formidable play maker.
6. Not really, I think the management team has answered all I need at the moment.

Halifax 21st Press Conference (February 3 - 9)

1. What is your go-to pregame meal?

2. Tell us something interesting about yourself

3. Do you have a certain player on the team you would consider your best friend?

4. Any rivals around the league? Maybe a player you want to beat more than others?

5. A bit random, maybe, but any movies you are looking forward to coming out soon?

6. What are your hobbies outside of the hockey rink?

6 hours ago, JeffD said:

3. Do you have a certain player on the team you would consider your best friend?

4. Any rivals around the league? Maybe a player you want to beat more than others?

5. A bit random, maybe, but any movies you are looking forward to coming out soon?

1. chicken and pasta

2. I love hardstyle type of music

3. @Pengu , i love to play next to him

4. Bennet Dahl.

5. Top Gun: Maverick

6. I like to play floorball and some tennis too.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, JeffD said:

1. Ice cream, gets me ready for the coolness of the rink.

2. Answering for my player, I didn't start playing hockey until I was 11.

3. New to the team, still feeling everything out.

4. Whoever Zeke's player is here, I'd like to beat him.

5. Really excited to see the new Ghostbusters.

6. Ice skating. For real though, I'm a big fan of ultimate frisbee.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, JeffD said:

1. Can of sardines and a krill flavored pregame smoothie
2. Like most of my flightless family I can stay underwater for 20 minutes
3. All of the 21st I consider my colony, rookery, or waddle.
4. Probably Saskatoon they keep fighting us for 9th in the league
5. Yes! The King's Man. I do appreciate a tastefully tailored suit.
6. Hunting, swimming, eating, and you know.. a little cuddling.

Halifax 21st Press Conference (February 10 - 16)

1. You get control of the music in the dressing room before the game, what song are you putting on?

2. What has been your favourite moment of this season so far?

3. Coming into the season it was known that Halifax would have it tough to compete. How have you felt about the results so far this year?

4. If you haven't gone through the draft process yet, do you have a VHL team you would like to land on?

5. What are your long term goals in the VHL? Are you looking to make the hall of fame? Are you looking for championships?

6. What is your favourite part about Halifax so far?

9 hours ago, JeffD said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (February 10 - 16)

1. You get control of the music in the dressing room before the game, what song are you putting on?

2. What has been your favourite moment of this season so far?

3. Coming into the season it was known that Halifax would have it tough to compete. How have you felt about the results so far this year?

4. If you haven't gone through the draft process yet, do you have a VHL team you would like to land on?

5. What are your long term goals in the VHL? Are you looking to make the hall of fame? Are you looking for championships?

6. What is your favourite part about Halifax so far?

1. Easy.

2. Seeing my hard work pay off and my gains just straight up maxing my potential!
3. I was hoping to make a difference so even just a little bit of improvement will mean a lot to me!
4. No idea really. I'm hoping whatever team drafts me is one that needs me on their first line!
5. Just looking for a reliable, hard working sort of reputation!
6. Pretty chill locker room, and how I get to play my position the way I want it

Halifax 21st Press Conference (February 17 - 23)

1. We are getting towards the end of the season, do you feel that you accomplished your goals you set for yourself for the year?

2. Currently the 21st are fighting for their playoff lives and are sitting in eighth. Do you think we can fight and get in?

3. Are you excited to go through the VHLM draft this offseason?

4. Do you have any interest in getting into any jobs around the VHL? Something like general manager?

5. Which VHL team would you like to play for?

6. What are your thoughts on the VHL so far? What do you like, and what don't you like?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 3:29 AM, ShawnGlade said:

1. How do you feel about playing for new expansion franchise in year 1?

2. What's your long term goal on the VHL forums?

3. What kind of player build are you going for?

4. What's one thing you really like about the VHLM that the VHL doesn't offer?

5. Were you happy with where you went in the draft?

6. What in your eyes is the best part about being on an expansion team?

7. Being on the new expansion team, do you feel at all that all eyes are on you guys to perform?

8. What team other than Halifax do you think has a good shot at being contenders?

9. What do you think about the name "21st's"?

10. What would you say is your goal this season in the VHLM?

1) really cool that we can start history off on a good note and show players that no matter how bad your team is you can always have  fun 

2) to been a VHL or VHLM champion or have a point per game season  

3) I am trying to build my player to become a sniper and a play maker mixed or  just really good for getting points 

4) that you can get more TP Points so you can become a better player faster and you can get to the VHL faster 

5) not really since I was drafted in the 4th round I was hoping to go in the 3rd round or 2nd round so I can be more willing  to play   

6) since this team is new we can all help each other to get better over time 

7) yes because if we play well together than we will catch eyes of other teams and than we can get traded to a better team and win more awards  

8 ) I think that there are 2 teams Ottawa and Minnesota since they have so many players that have 250 TP points  

9) I think the name 21st's is great because it different there are not that many team name that sounds great but when you say Halifax 21st it perfect      

10)  since the season just ended my goal next season is to get 30 goals or 0.5 points per game at the end of the season 

On 2/23/2020 at 8:49 PM, JeffD said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (February 17 - 23)

1. We are getting towards the end of the season, do you feel that you accomplished your goals you set for yourself for the year?

2. Currently the 21st are fighting for their playoff lives and are sitting in eighth. Do you think we can fight and get in?

3. Are you excited to go through the VHLM draft this offseason?

4. Do you have any interest in getting into any jobs around the VHL? Something like general manager?

5. Which VHL team would you like to play for?

6. What are your thoughts on the VHL so far? What do you like, and what don't you like?

1. Somewhat, but I could do better.

2. Nope, this is late for me to answer hah.

3. Absolutely.

4. Not really.

5. Moscow, they have had a lot of success so it would be cool to play there

6. I dislike the ways of getting TPE

• 2 weeks later...

Halifax 21st Press Conference (February March 30 - April 5)

1. What has been your favourite part of being a member of the Halifax 21st so far?

2. Has your player met your expectations so far this season?

3. Who do you expect to be the MVP for this team this year?

4. Is there any changes you would like to see made in the Halifax 21st locker room?

5. How do you feel about the play of the 21st so far this season?

6. What is your go-to song right now? If you got control of the locker room speaker what are you putting on?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, JeffD said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (February March 30 - April 5)

1. What has been your favourite part of being a member of the Halifax 21st so far?

2. Has your player met your expectations so far this season?

3. Who do you expect to be the MVP for this team this year?

4. Is there any changes you would like to see made in the Halifax 21st locker room?

5. How do you feel about the play of the 21st so far this season?

6. What is your go-to song right now? If you got control of the locker room speaker what are you putting on?

1. Well, I just joined but always have love for the Canadian teams. I was very happy that I could be a part of this organization.

2. I'm only a couple games in. But, yes I'd say so. I love having the minutes that I'm able to get.

3. Just having a quick look, gotta be Brandt or fat beast.

4. So far so good. Everyone is very welcoming. Hopefully we can get on a hot streak and make up some ground!

5. So for just joining the squad it looks to be a transitional period. But that doesn't mean we can't become a force in the second half of the season. Who knows what can happen?

6. I don't really have a go to song. I get hyped up when I see my teammates get hyped up. So whatever they're listening to to get pumped I feed off of that.

10 hours ago, twists said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (April 20 - April 26)

1. Who has been your favorite teammate so far this season?

2. What are your goals for your current player?

3. Looking at the VHLM as a whole, who do you think will be the MVP this season?

4. When you're not playing hockey, where are we most likely to find you?

5. What is your favorite thing to do to earn TPE and contribute to the VHL community?

6. What is your pre-game routine? Any special meals, activities etc?

1. Well, I've recently joined the team and I'm still trying to get to know all the boys. They've all been chill so far, but can't really say I have a favorite teammate as of yet. I'm still trying to get my feet wet and prove myself, so ask me this question again in a couple of weeks and I'll get back to you. Jet Pou is a sick name though. This guy ****'s for sure. 

2. My goals? That's simple. I'm cash money, baby. I wanna' be the team leader in points, goals, assists... you name it. And it's only a matter of time before that happens. From there, I'm gonna' make my way to the VHL and be the future of this league. Remember the name Cash Wheeler, you'll be hearing of me for years to come I guarantee you that. 

3. ... Who cares? I'm gonna be the MVP of every game I play in, night in and night out. People shouldn't be talking about anyone other than Cash Wheeler. Listen, I get it. People aren't going to like my answers. Is it going to ruffle a little feathers? Piss off some of the other players? I hope it does. I didn't come here to be a loser. I'm here to be a winner. To quote the great Ricky Bobby; "If you ain't first, you're last".

4. Limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin'... BAYBAY. 

5. Graphics/Media spots would be a go-to. 

6. Carb-up. Mom's always made a killer pasta, and that's key for me going out and crushin' it on the ice. 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, twists said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (April 20 - April 26)

1. Who has been your favorite teammate so far this season?

2. What are your goals for your current player?

3. Looking at the VHLM as a whole, who do you think will be the MVP this season?

4. When you're not playing hockey, where are we most likely to find you?

5. What is your favorite thing to do to earn TPE and contribute to the VHL community?

6. What is your pre-game routine? Any special meals, activities etc?

1. Being new here I haven't had too much of a chance to get to know everyone. Everyone seems like they're great teammates so far though. Hopefully I'll have a better answer for this by the end of the season.

2. I'm hoping to be everything you dad was and more. Be an anchor for a great group of guys, win championships, and show up on the score sheet more often than not.

3. Looking at the overall stats thus far, it's gotta be Richard Penisson.

4. Working out, gaming some nhl, having some drinks with the boys.

5. My favourite things to do press conferences, pick em, vhfl, fantasy.

6. Nothing crazy here just like good meal, hit the bike to get a good warmup on the legs, snap some smelling salts right before I hit the ice so I'm really awake. And of course....a little bit of the Russian gas.

7 hours ago, twists said:

Halifax 21st Press Conference (April 27 - May 3)

1. Looking back, what was your favorite moment from the season (even if you're a new player)?

2. How do you think the Halifax 21st will fare next year due to a good chance of getting a high draft pick?

3. Do you have any advice for upcoming draftees or free agent signings for next year?

4. Who do you think is going to win the VHL and VHLM playoffs this year?

5. What are your hopes for next year? Playoff team? Any personal stat goals?

6. Who is the best AGM in all of the VHLM, and why is it @twists?

1. Gotta say, I was pretty ecstatic when I signed my contract with Halifax ($1.5M whaaaaaaaaat?!)

2. I've got full faith in our front office, from ol @Dil to our very own Ass.Man. @twists, to do the best scouting, drafting, and development, regardless of draft position.
3. Here's some advice: give our rookies and new free agent signing some advice! 

4. I'm sure the 21st would've won the playoffs if we made it. But since we didn't, I just kind of assume that the playoffs are cancelled and there will be no champ this year?

5. There's one game left in the season, so there's a chance I might meet this goal before next year, but I hope to dress for a VHL game!

6. It's @twists because he gave me that aforementioned $1.5M. If there's a better AGM in the VHLM, that's the number they've got to beat.

8 hours ago, twists said:

1. Looking back, what was your favorite moment from the season (even if you're a new player)?

2. How do you think the Halifax 21st will fare next year due to a good chance of getting a high draft pick?

3. Do you have any advice for upcoming draftees or free agent signings for next year?

1) My favorite moment from the season is definitely when I receive an offer from the team, being on a team feel much better than being a FA waiting for offers.

2) Honestly I have no clue, hopefully it will be much better since I will finally get to play? If I get drafted I think.

3) My only advice is to ask if you have any questions, everyone seems happy to answer any questions a newbie would have lol.

4) Since I've only been in the league for about a week, I don't know much about all the teams so based on the standings, Ottawa for VHLM and Vancouver for VHL?

5) My hope is definitely getting drafted and improve my player TPE, maybe in couple years I could make it to VHL, who knows lol.

6) The best AGM in VHLM is @twists because he is the only person that gave me an offer to the team lol, Thanks again!

I didn't have a favorite  moment this year. I dropped the ball this season and will work three times as hard next season to pick it up

As long as I don't slack, and the new kids we pick up work extra hard I'd say we got a shot

Don't fall behind like I did

Not a clue, but good luck to those that win. It's always hard to say who for sure will win because ANYTHING can happen in hockey

I want to go to the playoffs, Save % over .850 and a GAA below 3

He's a very patient AGM, and has worked with me through my inactive time

14 hours ago, twists said:

1. Probably my first goal. That's always a special one.

2. Hopefully get more impactful players that take this team to the next level.

3. Just enjoy it. Take it all in and get your tp where you can 

4. Looks like Ottawa's holding it down in the M and Vancouver in the V. I'm pulling for Moscow though!

5. Being a playoff team would be awesome. I think that has to be THE goal. Of course personal stat goals come along with that but I'm more focused of winning as a team.

6. Well he gave me a shot on my recreate so you know a smart guy.

21 hours ago, DrHexDex said:

I didn't have a favorite  moment this year. I dropped the ball this season and will work three times as hard next season to pick it up

As long as I don't slack, and the new kids we pick up work extra hard I'd say we got a shot

Don't fall behind like I did

Not a clue, but good luck to those that win. It's always hard to say who for sure will win because ANYTHING can happen in hockey

I want to go to the playoffs, Save % over .850 and a GAA below 3

He's a very patient AGM, and has worked with me through my inactive time

Looks like you had a rough season Hex. 

Don't be so hard on yourself goalie, we're all juggling the stresses of being a rockstar professional (simulation) hockey player, while living offline lives, while being in the middle of one of the most traumatic times of our generation. I know I've been struggling to keep all my balls in the air, and joining the VHL adds some extra responsibility and stress to my plate - sounds like I'm not alone. Take a big deep breath, and search out those TPE tasks that make you smile and giggle. It's never great when hobbies start to feel like work, so make sure to still have some fun here!