Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. We've won 19 straight, what do you think is the key to our success?

After a kinda slow start our roster is finally jelled together and we will not be stopped. I can tell you RIGHT MEOW we will be lifting a championship at the end of the season. MARK MY FUCKING WORDS

2. Are we above or below your expectations for the season?

We are in first so I think we are right where I thought we'd be but it's a little closer than I thought. It won't last much longer till be are miles ahead of the closest team.

3. Saskatoon is right there with us. Do you think we'll beat them out this season?

Saskatoon can't beat us if they had all the best players from the rest of the league. They are a clown of team that thinks they can beat us, they suck and they know it. 

4. Is your player doing as well as you thought you would?

For how much I'm playing I can't really ask for more. My coach won't play me more then 12 minutes a night but I find a way to chip in a goal or two when I can. We are winning so I guess I shouldn't complain but I could be doing a lot more for sure. 

5. How do you think our draft shapes up now that we're nearing halfway through the season?

You drafted Leo Strauss the best player to every play in the VHLM. 

6. Who do you think our biggest rival in our conference

No one, a rival means there is a team that is as good as us and there is NO ONE as good as us. Not even close! YOU ALL SUCK!!! 

16 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

22pSLHg.jpg

Answer 6 questions of your choosing for 2 capped TPE!

After we started off on the wrong foot, I think we just found our flow and are going full throttle right now.

I mean we're first but not by much so I guess only a little bit above expectations, but I think we'll continue to get better and really set ourselves apart.

3. Saskatoon is right there with us. Do you think we'll beat them out this season?

Most definitely. I think we have a much stronger roster than Saskatoon. To be honest I'm expecting them to fall off eventually.

Yea I think I'm performing around where I thought I would. I don't intend to really ball out on either side of the rink so it's good to see that I'm nice and balanced as of now.

6. Who do you think our biggest rival in our conference?

To have a rival is to have someone that's a competitor to us. Right now I don't really see any team stepping into that role.

10. Who'd win in a boxing match. Dil or Shawn?

I think Shawn would just close their eyes and give everyone what they want. It would get ugly pretty quickly.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:08 AM, ShawnGlade said:

22pSLHg.jpg

5. How do you think our draft shapes up now that we're nearing halfway through the season?

7. Besides yourself, who's been dominant for us?

8. What can we still improve on?

9. What's your favorite video game?

1) Team effort - everyone is progressing and that really shows in our performances
2) If I had to pick one of these probably above, I thought we would be good but not this good, not complaining though #boatgang
3) Absolutely
4) Doing about as good as I thought he would, occasionally gets some points, but a very steady physical defensive defenceman
5) Insane draft, everyone is getting better and we'll get even better the further we go
6) Mississauga seems like the only team that could challenge us, but I'm still confident we'd best them in a series

On 9/30/2020 at 1:08 AM, ShawnGlade said:

22pSLHg.jpg

1. Me, I'm the best player.
2. Definitely above I thought you guys were going to be pretty mediocre this season.
3. Yes we already have a positive record versus them.
4. Yes I expected this amount of effort from him, we will get better with time.
5. Very good, we just keep getting better and better.
6. Probably still the guys right on our backs Saskatoon
7. Michael Hall definitely.
8. No clue I think you lad's are doing a great job.
9. Probably the King Kong game on the ps2 it was my first game and I still love it.
10. Whichever one I coach.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:08 PM, ShawnGlade said:

22pSLHg.jpg

1. My faith in Grape due to their delicious taste has really helped push forward the morale of our team, we couldn't have done it without.
2. Above, we've been doing very well. I didn't have much knowledge about the teams before I joined so I didn't have a high expectation for anyone yet.
3. I came from Saskatoon so I have to say I am a little biased to both teams, I don't know who I think will win. Good luck to us though.
4. My player is doing better than I had hoped, with 22 G and 22 A.
9. I like to play monster hunter stories because it has the word monster which reminds me of my favourite drink monster energy.
10. Dil would win with their big feathery fists.

The key to our success has been getting more actual players. Rick Osman is very good but he can't play the entire game by himself.

We are way above my expectations. After winning only 4 games last season, I never expected we would be this good.

I think we have done very well this draft. Our draftees this season are a lot better than last season's.

Dolant Fertitta has been an amazing player. He already has 17 points.

My favourite video is any Pokemon game because trying to catch all the Pokemon is very fun.

Dil would easily win because he is so much better at everything than Shawn. Also Shawn would probably just give up.

4 hours ago, dylanjj37 said:

Dil would easily win because he is so much better at everything than Shawn. Also Shawn would probably just give up.

9 hours ago, Riley_Couture said:

10. Dil would win with their big feathery fists.

happy homer simpson GIF

On 9/29/2020 at 6:08 PM, ShawnGlade said:

22pSLHg.jpg

1) Everything really. We are outshooting our opposition by a lot which means all the skaters are doing well, and the goalie is cleaning up everything coming his way.

3) Saskatoon ain't got nothing on us and come playoff time I expect a sweep.

4) Better than expected, I knew Malone would be among the top goalies in the league but he is having a historically good year

7) GregGreg is a beast every time he steps on the ice

9) The NHL series is by far my favorite. Me and some friends/family have been running an EASHL club on there for years and we are really good

10) Definitely Shawn since he plays hockey meanwhile Dil is a tiny little coder boy

HALIFAX PRESS CONFERENCE OCTOBER 11TH

1. Who has the most annoying quirk in the Halifax Locker Room? What is that?
2. How does your player cope with losing a match? How do they motivate themselves ready for the next one?
3. Which other VHLM team would be the most fun for Halifax to hold a join party event with?
4. If you had to swap positions for a day, where would you play and how would this affect the game?
5. When Halifax wins, and the team mates all go out for a celebratory pizza, do they allow pineapples or no? What topping do you like?
6. Which equiptment company would be most fitting to sponssor the players of Halifax?

5 minutes ago, Riley_Couture said:

2. How does your player cope with losing a match? How do they motivate themselves ready for the next one?
3. Which other VHLM team would be the most fun for Halifax to hold a join party event with?
4. If you had to swap positions for a day, where would you play and how would this affect the game?
5. When Halifax wins, and the team mates all go out for a celebratory pizza, do they allow pineapples or no? What topping do you like?
6. Which equiptment company would be most fitting to sponssor the players of Halifax?

1. Dyl, being dyl is his most annoying quirk
2. He watches tv while listening to sad music. He watches a rocky movie.
3. Mexico City lol
4.  RW because easiest transition
5. I do not mind pineapple on pizza. I like all topings besides shrimp, shrimp pizza is shit
6. Probably VETUS cuz boats.

9 minutes ago, Riley_Couture said:

1) This locker-room doesn't really have anything annoying, at least I haven't seen anything yet.
2) Ove is a hard worker, he takes every loss as an opportunity to get better and stronger for the next game.
3) I've heard San Diego are big party people this season, gotta ring them up sometime.
4) Dyrdahl could be a good power forward, probably could score more points
5) I like pineapples but they get boring fast, love bbq pizza.
6) Every sponsor is welcome to hand us free gear

9 hours ago, Riley_Couture said:

3. Which other VHLM team would be the most fun for Halifax to hold a joint party event with?
6. Which equipment company would be most fitting to sponsor the players of Halifax?

1. The only weird thing in our locker room is Dyl and that's just something everyone has learned to put up with.

2. Shawty plays back every shift in their head, thinking of what they could've done differently or any decisions they made that should've been changed. Really just evaluate how they played and think of areas they can improve on for next game.

3.  I don't know why but I've always seen Mexico City as a fun team to hang around.

4. I'd probably choose center. it's the most defensively responsible position for forwards so I think it's quite fitting. Also they pass the puck a good bit which is something I think I'm pretty strong at.

5. They make the pineapple lovers sit at a different table, while they get something basic like pepperoni or just plain cheese. I like to pair pineapple with bacon. It's pretty damn good.

6. Bass Pro Shops. Not for any reason in particular I just need a new fishing rod.

16 hours ago, Riley_Couture said:

1) @Dil has a habit of speaking.sentences.like.this.

2) On the very rare occasion that Malone loses a game he makes some of his world famous chili to cheer himself up

3) Philadelphia because then the party could be located in Philly, the best city on Earth

4) I would want Malone to play forward so he can learn what's it's like to score instead of be scored upon

5) Absolutely no toppings, toppings on pizza masks the taste of a good pizza 

6) I couldn't tell you a single equipment company name so idk

2.png

1. What would you say has been your biggest acheivement in the Minors so far?
2. If Halifax had to relocate to a new stadium, what would this stadium idealy be like to you?
3. What theme song plays when your player enters the ice rink? Does it have any meaning to your player?
4. You have to give a quick speech to raise the morale of your locker room team mates, what is it?
5. What unique dish would be appropriate to sell to fans of the Halifax 21st during a match?
6. Does your player have a catchphrase?
7. Where do you see yourself in 2-3 seasons time?
8. Does your player do anything to keep up their celebrity status amongst fans?

18 minutes ago, Riley_Couture said:

2.png

2. If Halifax had to relocate to a new stadium, what would this stadium idealy be like to you?
3. What theme song plays when your player enters the ice rink? Does it have any meaning to your player?
4. You have to give a quick speech to raise the morale of your locker room team mates, what is it?
5. What unique dish would be appropriate to sell to fans of the Halifax 21st during a match?

1) Ove having 1 goal and that goal being the GWG, pure clutch scorer
2) Modern and big, gotta seat as many people as possible and have them enjoy their time
4) Always keep it simple... ''lets go out there, have fun and win this damn hockey game''
5) The finest lobster rolls in the nation
7) Establishing myself in the VHL as a defensive defenceman
8. Dyrdahl doesn't really consider himself as a celebrity, he just loves playing hockey and wants to win some cups

If we could get a giant stadium in the shape of an X with the rink in the middle that would be great.

I would have the theme song of the quiz show which Rick's friend Alex now presents. Rick has already been offered a job on the show when he retires.

I think the people of Halifax would love it if we sold Yorkshire puddings at matches. Yorkshire puddings are very popular in Halifax.

He does indeed! He has been working hard on it for his future job. "And by country, we mean a sovereign state that is a member of the UN in its own right."

Rick Osman will probably be retiring soon as he already has a job offer and he is growing tired of hockey.

Rick does not have to do anything. Fans like him because for a while he was the only good player on Halifax and he is also just a great person.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, Riley_Couture said:

2.png

1. I was top 10 in game winners but now I'm not anymore.
2.I just want something big to fill my ego in
3. Take it - By The Seige. It just motivates me to take what's is mine and our teams...DA MONEEYYYY and trophys
4. "Whatever the result of todays match is remember, nothing will change in your life, your family will still love you, your friendships will stay the same and only a small percentage of the world will care about the result of this game. Now go out there and have fun."
5. Boat cakes..yes.
6. Nope the lad doesn't have ay catchphrase sadly.
7. Being one of the best offensive players in the big leagues
8. I just post a lot of memes and keep the gorilla persona going but its fun for me so win-win.

On 10/12/2020 at 4:47 AM, Riley_Couture said:

2.png

1) Leading the league in save percentage and shutouts has been pretty cool

2) Be able to accommodate 50,000 people to fit all of Malone's adoring fans

4) Think of the Braveheart speech before the big battle - awesome scene

5) Definitely Kevin Malone's world famous chili

6) Why use many word when little word do trick?

7) Winning London's first ever cup and going down in history 

On 10/12/2020 at 4:47 AM, Riley_Couture said:

2.png

Well I haven't done anything really "achievement worthy" yet but I love how my development has gone this season. I've really blossomed into a good defenseman

An arena that really captures the sound of the fans and funnels it down to the ice. To be able to elevate the cheers from the crowd is a big motivator

There's only one song that's made for me: "Replay" by Iyaz, for obvious reasons.
I wouldn't really say much. Just tell the guys to stick to what we practiced, skate hard, play physical, you see a loose puck, you go for it. The more battles we win, the more chances we get. Then we just gotta go out on the ice and prove that we have the right mentality.

I mean, in the VHL of course. Hopefully a decent defenseman. I'm not expecting to shred it up or anything. Just to be someone responsible in their own zone and with the puck.

I always try to go out every so often and meet with fans, do some charity events, sign some merch, and just make sure people can recognize me when I'm off the ice and know my name without looking at the back of my jersey. The more you go out and interact with the fans, the more popular you grow amongst them.

presser_oct_19_25_by_coralmelon_de75u13-
Hi everyone, here are the questions for oct 19th - 25th. Please remember that you only need to answer 6.

1. Halloween is fast approaching us, what event would you like to see Halifax hold for it's team members in celebration?
2. If you had to guess your GM's favourite Halloween candy or treat, just based on his personality, what would it be and why?
3. Will your player be wearing a costume on the ice next week? What will it be?
4. What would you like to see our captain Rick Osman wearing? Keep in mind he is a tall guy.
5. What area do you think your player is succeeding in the most?
6. What area is your player's weakness, can you work towards improving this?
7. Which team do you see as Halifax's biggest rival at the moment, and what can we do to overcome them?
8. Which team in the NHL would you like to see affiliated with Halifax, why?
9. If there was mutiny in the Halifax locker room and you got to overthrow the GM, would you change anything about the team's current branding?

6 minutes ago, Riley_Couture said:

Hi everyone, here are the questions for oct 19th - 25th. Please remember that you only need to answer 6.

1. Halloween is fast approaching us, what event would you like to see Halifax hold for it's team members in celebration?
2. If you had to guess your GM's favourite Halloween candy or treat, just based on his personality, what would it be and why?
4. What would you like to see our captain Rick Osman wearing? Keep in mind he is a tall guy.
7. Which team do you see as Halifax's biggest rival at the moment, and what can we do to overcome them?
9. If there was mutiny in the Halifax locker room and you got to overthrow the GM, would you change anything about the team's current branding?

1. Halloween themed boat cakes...yes.
2. He is very thicc so every candy possible.
3. Yes I will, I will wear a gorilla costume obviously.
4. Everyone needs to wear gorilla costumes...or polar bear ones.
5. Punching people...also scoring.
6. Passing and maybe when I'm in the big leagues but so far I need to focus on offense.
7. Houston Bulls since they slapped us up.
8. Pittsburgh penguins cuz penguins and boats are both cool
9. No being boat gang is perfect...tho penguins would be better.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:55 AM, Riley_Couture said:

1. Obviously there needs to be a haunted house. We could turn the rink into one and bring in some great actors.

2. Since I haven't known our GM for very long I think a safe answer would be a tube of M&Ms. He seems to be a man who enjoys chocolate, and who doesn't love the little tube that they come in!

3. Thadius Sales intends to wear his brick wall costume, let's hope it gives him a performance boost.

4. Clearly he needs to dress up as Andre the Giant. Imagine that skating at you!

5. My player seems to be handling rebounds fairly well.

8. As a Penguins fan would it be fair for me to say...the Penguins! The Penguins are in desperate need of a quality goaltender, and if Halifax can work with Thadius Sales a bit more then a shift up to the NHL would be great for both Pittsburgh and Sales.

403257967_PlayerCards-Sales.jpg.f670387db805bbe8c854bd96c6f2bf78.jpg

On 10/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, Riley_Couture said:

1) haunted house event, the one who gets scared the most has to get everyone drinks for a month
2) reese's halloween candy, simply because they're the best
3) Halloween isn't that big back home in Norway, so Ove isn't a big costume guy
5) Defensive side of the game, good +/- with some big hits to his name
6) Offense for sure, he isnt the most offensive player right now, but that will come with time
7) Probably the Aces, but we just have the better players

Let's get the whole team going out trick or treating together

Hard to guess but I'm going to say something like a butterfinger? Really don't know

I will be wearing a costume of my favorite hockey player, Gabriel Akerstrom

I think he could dress up as Lurch from the Addams Family

5. What area do you think your player is succeeding in the most?

He isn't really succeeding anywhere tbh, maybe in getting water for his teammates?

Definitely putting up any kind of production whether offensive or defensive is his weakness. Need to earn some more TPE I guess