Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. We lead the league in penalty minutes right now, and it’s not really close. How are we feeling about that? Intentionally making other teams fear us, or just poor discipline?

teams are scared of us because we are good

2. Nova Scotia Community College has requested that you give a speech on something you’re an expert about, what do you speak about?

i speak about being british and weetabix

3. Bryn Yrwy begins gifting you one can of beans every day, how do you handle the influx of beans? Are you bold enough to reject the bean gift?

i punch bryn because i have the authority and tell him to stuff his beans up his you-know-what

4. How do you feel about your players personal performance to this point in the season? Any particular area you’re impressed, or disappointed, with?

personally i am proud that i am hitting people a lot and that we are winning

5. Making more moves all the time, adding more players. Do you think we’ve added enough to be considered a playoff team?

we were already a playoff team to begin with and now we are even more of a playoff team 

6. Despite the hot streaks we’ve had through the season, we currently 4th in the division, how are you feeling about that?

we are going to make the playoffs

7. Halifax Public Safety Office wants you to do a PSA, what do you want to highlight?

don't drink and drive because that's bad

1. We lead the league in penalty minutes right now, and it’s not really close. How are we feeling about that? Intentionally making other teams fear us, or just poor discipline?

i have some what involved with that as i either get 2 pim per game or not i fear it is my dicspline stat should i upgrade my discpline to make sure i dont cause more pens

2. Nova Scotia Community College has requested that you give a speech on something you’re an expert about, what do you speak about? video games and computers

3. Bryn Yrwy begins gifting you one can of beans every day, how do you handle the influx of beans? Are you bold enough to reject the bean gift? ill take one a day and save up to give to the homeless and food shelters

4. How do you feel about your players personal performance to this point in the season? Any particular area you’re impressed, or disappointed, with? so far he has slowed down with his either goals or assist i need him to pick it back up again and score goals and get assist

5. Making more moves all the time, adding more players. Do you think we’ve added enough to be considered a playoff team? hopfully as this might be my only season with Halifax

6. Despite the hot streaks we’ve had through the season, we currently 4th in the division, how are you feeling about that? people need to upgrade thier players more so we can get out of fourth

7. Halifax Public Safety Office wants you to do a PSA, what do you want to highlight? dont do drugs, smoke, or drink psa

I think that I have had some poor discipline as of lately spending in the box. I think I have spent about 8 minutes in the box the last couple of games and I think that I could work On staying out of the box at practice.

2. Nova Scotia Community College has requested that you give a speech on something you’re an expert about, what do you speak about?

My would probably be something stupid about how you should never quite no matter how hard it gets

3. Bryn Yrwy begins gifting you one can of beans every day, how do you handle the influx of beans? Are you bold enough to reject the bean gift?

I'm allergic to beans

4. How do you feel about your players personal performance to this point in the season? Any particular area you’re impressed, or disappointed, with?

I think I need to work A bit harder on offence Because I have no points yet this season, however I think my defense play has been okay this season

5. Making more moves all the time, adding more players. Do you think we’ve added enough to be considered a playoff team?

I think we have a really good team and have a playoff team, I don't think we need anything else in order to make the playoffs although I'm not the GM and I think Our GM @roryIs doing a really good job In the office.

6. Despite the hot streaks we’ve had through the season, we currently 4th in the division, how are you feeling about that?

I think we are doing the best we can and that the team is playing well I think some of us can play better(mainly me), but I think the goal right now is to make the playoffs and then take it one step at a time 

Nathaniel Minion

On 4/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, GlowyGoat said:

6. Despite the hot streaks we’ve had through the season, we currently 4th in the division, how are you feeling about that?

7. Halifax Public Safety Office wants you to do a PSA, what do you want to highlight?

1. We just need to stay out of the penalty box .

2.I know a lot about hockey so I guess hockey.lol

3. I never reject beans unless I'm full already. Throw in a grilled cheese too!

4.I am happy to be leading team in points! I am also showing my versatility by also having 148 hits.

5. I just hope we stay out of the penalty box cant win if we are chasing all night.

6. We always need to improve  in order to be the best.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, GlowyGoat said:

1. My answer is simple. FEAR THE BOAT GANG. DO NOT GET IN OUR WAY OR YOU WILL FACE THE WRATH or something. I don't know, I'm very non-confrontational. But yeah. Fear the #BoatGang.

2. Probably something relating to Music Production. I fell in love with it after a brutal injury in high school forced me to miss a lot of playing time.

3. While I am flattered by the beans, I am allergic. So no beans for me, sorry Bryn!

4. I had a rough start to the year but I am happy with my results as the season has progressed. I think I've done well, based on what I've earned, basically.

5. Absolutely. We have a great squad and one that I'm super proud to be a part of. And even if we don't make it, I'll still be proud to be a member of the Boat Gang.

7. I want to highlight the alarming amount of people who voluntarily choose to live in France. It's very concerning! We should be paying more attention to it.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:39 AM, GlowyGoat said:

1. I can't speak for everyone else but I know I've made some mistakes here and there with my poke checks, resulting in some unnecessary tripping penalties. Sometimes the game just moves so fast and you see an opportunity that looks perfect, you put your stick out there and all of a sudden it's in the skates. It's something I need to work on getting better at.
2. Oh, I haven't given a speech since 2nd year. I am not really an expert in anything but the thing I know the most about is music. I suppose I could give a speech about the Japanese music industry and it's focus on idol creation and exploitation. 
3. Oh, I wouldn't ever reject a gift! I'm not sure what I'd do with so many beans, I'm afraid I couldn't eat a can of beans every day. Maybe a local food pantry might be a good idea?
4. I've been doing okay, I started off pretty good, then I slumped a little bit, now I'm performing pretty well again. I am mostly just trying to make sure I keep trying to get better. 
5. I don't know about how to compare teams really. I trust the management of the team to put us in a position to succeed. If we make the playoffs it will be because we made the most of the opportunities that the team has given us as players. If we don't, then we'll only have ourselves to blame.

7. Well, this is going to be tough. There are so many wonderfully deserving causes out there that I would like to try and promote. If I had to pick just one I think I'd do a PSA on child hunger and how it's a very real problem in even advanced countries like Japan, Canada, and the USA. 

Edited by CrazyCaityCat

On 4/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, GlowyGoat said:

Mr Duk says that causing fear in the hearts of his enemies is good

Mr Duk says drinking the blood of enemy combatants

Mr Duk does not need beans for nourishment

Mr Duk is very pleased

Mr Duk cares not for playoffs, only the BLOOD OF MORTALS

Mr Duk cares not for record, 

Drink lots of water

AmNOL53o_o.png

Welcome to a new week 21sters! Another week, another Press Conference. Answer any 6 questions for 2 TPE. You only need to answer 6.

1. The 21st institute an initiative to ensure players are bilingual, what other language do you learn?

2. Bryn is back with the beans! He's opened an all-bean themed restaurant, what recipe suggestions do you give him?

3. So far we've been mostly a middle of the pack team, sitting in 4th, but with playoff and cup aspirations that might not be good enough. How are you feeling, do you think we're still cup hopefuls?

4. Someone stole your (team provided) boat! Who on the team do you recruit to help you find the thief, and your boat, before Rory finds out?

5. Who would win in a fight? 1 Rory sized duck, or 10 duck sized Rorys?

6. Should we officially banish dylan from the locker room for his dillo dillo crimes?

Edited by GlowyGoat

1. The 21st institute an initiative to ensure players are bilingual, what other language do you learn?

since we're in a multilingual province i learn french duh

2. Bryn is back with the beans! He's opened an all-bean themed restaurant, what recipe suggestions do you give him?

none because fuck his beans

3. So far we've been mostly a middle of the pack team, sitting in 4th, but with playoff and cup aspirations that might not be good enough. How are you feeling, do you think we're still cup hopefuls?

we're going to make the playoffs

4. Someone stole your (team provided) boat! Who on the team do you recruit to help you find the thief, and your boat, before Rory finds out?

since bryn is a bonafide stalker psychopath him

none since they're both small

6. Should we officially banish dylan from the locker room for his dillo dillo crimes?

YES FINALLY DO IT PLEASE DO IT PLEASE

Japanese, and Chinese to read manga

2. Bryn is back with the beans! He's opened an all-bean themed restaurant, what recipe suggestions do you give him? chill

3. So far we've been mostly a middle of the pack team, sitting in 4th, but with playoff and cup aspirations that might not be good enough. How are you feeling, do you think we're still cup hopefuls? as long as players keep updating thier men we can make it

4. Someone stole your (team provided) boat! Who on the team do you recruit to help you find the thief, and your boat, before Rory finds out? everyone on the team as it needs to be a team effort to find my boat if that happened. (p.s. what is this grand theft auto 5)

1 rory sized duck can eat all the other ducks in seconds.

i have no idea what that is so im gonna stay out of this one

Armadillo language

His own as it is bussin bussin, SHEEEEEESH

If you put Dylan in 1st line he will do 90 points a game, just a tip from a pro player

Dylan, he will get his armadillo army and hunt down the person who tries to steal from me

10 armadillo sized Dylan's

Absolutely not, we should give him and his closest mates the privilege to say DILLO DILLO and make us gods among you mortals

French

Fake bean muffins

The cup is ours this year. BOAT GANG

I would tell rory and then call me friend inspector gadget ;)

10 duck sized rorys

no we should how ever we should sentence him to being mute for a week

17 hours ago, GlowyGoat said:

1. The 21st institute an initiative to ensure players are bilingual, what other language do you learn? Spanish because i know parts of it 

2. Bryn is back with the beans! He's opened an all-bean themed restaurant, what recipe suggestions do you give him? Bean cups with chocolate on the outside, bean stuffed bean 

3. So far we've been mostly a middle of the pack team, sitting in 4th, but with playoff and cup aspirations that might not be good enough. How are you feeling, do you think we're still cup hopefuls? Yes because we have heart we believe 

4. Someone stole your (team provided) boat! Who on the team do you recruit to help you find the thief, and your boat, before Rory finds out? No one,I will get my best friends to help me @Dil @Eagle Eye @16z I can always trust them 

Neither they are all Rory so they all lose 

6. Should we officially banish dylan from the locker room for his dillo dillo crimes? No worse josh zone him forever 

Edited by Vkobe-v

On 4/21/2021 at 8:33 AM, GlowyGoat said:

1. I mean yeah we're in Canada so the obvious choice is French... but lmao nah probably something like Spanish that I could use whenever I go back home

2. None because beans are weird and sometimes wacky

3. I feel like with a can-do attitude we can make it all the way. We just can't lose confidence in ourselves along the way- no matter how tough times are.

4. Lmao joke's on them, I actually bought a personal boat just in case my team provided boat was broken or stolen. I'd pursue the thief with great poise as we traversed the open sea. And then I'd probably just launch the robber into the sun somehow. I'll find a way.

5.  10 duck sized Rorys, easy

6. This is an easy yes, DILLNO DILLNO

A. Spanish.

A. Make chilli.

A. Yes. I will never give up until the season is over.

A. I wouldn't need anyone's help but I would get Kobe

A. 10 duck sized Rorys

A. Yes he is a menace to society.

On 4/19/2021 at 2:26 AM, Lefty_S said:

good

Mr Duk says drinking the blood of enemy combatants

Mr Duk does not need beans for nourishment

Mr Duk is very pleased

Mr Duk cares not for playoffs, only the BLOOD OF MORTALS

Mr Duk cares not for record, 

Drink lots of water

Lefty are you okay 

On 4/21/2021 at 5:33 AM, GlowyGoat said:

1. Well, I want to learn English better. We are taught it in school in Japan but it's a very difficult subject and I think living here in Halifax will give me an opportunity to learn it much better.
2. Sometimes when I was younger my mother would make Kintokimame as a side in my bento. It was a very nice side dish. I'm sure Bryn would not have that on the menu already so I'd suggest that.

3. The competition is very fierce. I think I'd love to win a cup but our team may not be able to compete with MIssisuaga. I know we will try our best though!
4. Oh, well... I would ask Baldur for help of course. He's a very reliable person and I would be sure to get the boat back with his help.

5. Rory sized duck? I don't think I understand. How could a duck get so big? Why would Rory be fighting it? How would there be so many Rory's? This scenario is very confusing.

6. I don't even know what is a dillo dillo. It sounds really annoying though. Perhaps we could simply convince him to change his ways? I wouldn't want any of the team to be removed from the locker room.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:33 AM, GlowyGoat said:

1/ I would learn the Spanish language.

2/ I would suggest some really good Chili Pie with sweet cornbread!

3/ We can definitely win the cup if we can get some good net front presence.

4/ I would just pay good money and hire a professional PI.

5/ I say 10 duck sized Rory's for sure.lol

6/ I am not sure what's going on there.

1. We have defeated the Storm in 6 games, is there any improvements we can make to improve our team?

2. How are you preparing to take on the Hounds in round 2?

3. Halifax is in need of a new mascot, any suggestions?

4. Who is your pick for VHLM MVP this season?

5. Which VHL team do you see yourself playing for in the future?

6. What is the best meal you've had during your time with Halifax?

1. We have defeated the Storm in 6 games, is there any improvements we can make to improve our team?

no we are going to win the cup

i will hit them and make them feel pain

force bryn to do it 

willy myers was good i guess

i'm going up to warsaw next season so them

not beans that's for sure

2 minutes ago, rory said:

1. We have defeated the Storm in 6 games, is there any improvements we can make to improve our team? Yes not have that bum Rory as gm 🙂

2. How are you preparing to take on the Hounds in round 2? I’m preparing by practicing blocking shots better than I ever have 

3. Halifax is in need of a new mascot, any suggestions? Honestly Paul would be good ask for Paul’s phone number later tbh if you want a mascot 

4. Who is your pick for VHLM MVP this season? Honestly Tho some potato salad recipes in the Halifax lr for anyone who wants some 

5. Which VHL team do you see yourself playing for in the future? 😇🤪😂🤩🤩🤣🤩🥸🤩🙂🧐🤪🤣🥸🥲🤪🙂🙃😊😅😀😃😄 the end 

6. What is the best meal you've had during your time with Halifax? The sea food of course it is the best ever 

1. We have defeated the Storm in 6 games, is there any improvements we can make to improve our team?

Keep upgrading and hope we beat Mississauga. 

sailing my boat and working hard to upgrade my guy so i can be helpful in the season buy ive reached my 250 mark so i cant do much.

marlins have a dolphin we need something to do with boats so maybe with a shark costume or a guy in a boat costume

i know im no where near the vhlm mvp but if i get nominated ill be grateful but i guess anyone on my team.

the D.C. Dragons unless im traded or if pittsburgh gets a team in the vhl then ill leave or if i become a gm/agm for a team but other than thouse three ill stay in d.c. till i retire

6. What is the best meal you've had during your time with Halifax

beans (LoL)

I think we need more from our bottom lines they could scoure and pick up more points

Working on my scouring and defense other then that I'm ready

I say an Osprey its a nova scotia Bird

I don't know yet maybe Kyle glass

Where ever I play my best and I feel like the team wants me to be their

I love the World-Famous Digby Scallops you can get In nova scotia I get them like once a week

9 hours ago, rory said:

Give yog more minutes at LW.

I've been beating up ufc fighters all week.

yog.

DeAndre Hollywood he had 2 hits in 6 games.

Papi chulo Jeffs team

The blood of my enemies :)