Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

Weeeeeeeekly Presserssssssss

1. A warm welcome to Spartan's new player Nico Pearce! How should we welcome him aboard? 

2. With no reason to tank not owning any of our own first 3 round picks, what do we need to do to make the playoffs here?

3. What's more impressive, Bryn's 57 goals or Zach's 81 assists so far? 

4. Can one of the Boat Gang forwards get past Duncan Montana of Sasky for the points lead, or is it unreachable?

5. Do you have any favorite IRL amateur sports to watch (college, LLWS)? Who's your favorite amateur team?

6. Mac or PC and why?

1. With a couple of wins :) 

2. We maybe need to play a more defensive style to not allow as many shots on goal 

3. 57 goals for sure 

4. i think myself or Bryn can catch him!

5. Hm not really i do watch NBA and nhl though! 
6. Pc, pc has more freedom 😝

1. A warm welcome to Spartan's new player Nico Pearce! How should we welcome him aboard? 

Help him with setting up, getting in to a routine of doing his tasks and help him with any questions he has.

2. With no reason to tank not owning any of our own first 3 round picks, what do we need to do to make the playoffs here?

We gotta start winning. We need to earn maximum TPE every week, then we will be the best team out here!

Zachs 81 assists is more impressive because people can score just by getting a good pass, where as passing to a scorer on time and making sure the other team does not intercept is pretty hard.

4. Can one of the Boat Gang forwards get past Duncan Montana of Sasky for the points lead, or is it unreachable?

I think it could be reachable. We will need to make a big push for points, but it is possibile.

5. Do you have any favorite IRL amateur sports to watch (college, LLWS)? Who's your favorite amateur team?

No. I don't really have a favorite amateur sports team/sport to watch.

6. Mac or PC and why?

I would choose PC, because would there still be windows on a mac?

On 8/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, BarzalGoat said:

•  Well i dont know i wont play with him, and i dont know him you should decide youre self. 

• Wins and a lot of them. Without wins well fall of the standings we dont want that. We will try to win.

• I think both are impressive scoring 57 goals is hard and getting 81 assists is hard. For me the assists becouse im a defenceman and thats a lot. 

• I dont know well just have to wait everything is possible.

• College football becouse its a different speed from the profesionals. I dont have a favorite ametoure team.

6. Mac or PC and why?

• Its going to be PC for me becouse more games and cheaper.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, BarzalGoat said:

Lifting the cup alongside my team would sure as hell

be a great way to start.

The management have been focusing on getting big, strong defensemen, I believe we should play smart, defensive hockey and capitalize on opponent's mistake to score.

It must feel amazing to know that you were there 81 times for your team, as a defensemen, I respect that. Of course scoring a whopping 57 goals is nothing to scoff at by any means, that guy is a scoring machine.

We will have to wait and see how things go out there but I have full faith in the boys of the Boat Gang.

None that I can think of.

6. Mac or PC and why?

PC all the way, I'm a hardcore gamer so PC is always my go to.

Edited by Raven
Spacing

A: Well, being new to the team I think it's important to get the guy acclimated, we're all here to win so let's start with that.

A: I mean, obviously it's important to build an team from the ground up, and starting with a solid defence is key. the goals will come as long as we're solid in our own end.

A: I mean you can never say one is more impressive than the other, both are outstanding achievement in their own right, as a forward I will always pick the goals.

A: I think if you look at the player stats it is possible. whether it happens we'll see.

A: I tend to watch college football when I can, I don't follow it closely enough to have a favourite team though.

6. Mac or PC and why?

A: I will always choose PC it is more versatile. Not to trash Mac users, I understand the appeal to a Mac, they are simple to use, but at the end of the day if I'm gaming with the boys, I'm using a PC.

1. A warm welcome to Spartan's new player Nico Pearce! How should we welcome him aboard? 

A: Well, nothings gonna be better than going out and getting the new guy a W on his first night.

A: Well, I feel with a very talented team, that it’s not out of the picture to say we have a good chance of doing well in the playoffs. This team really has the tools to go far.

A: While both very impressive, I’m gonna have to give this one to Bryn. His goal scoring ability has been outstanding, however it does not take away from Zach’s ability to find the open ice and get the puck to his teammates.

A: I think it’s reachable. Our team will really have to turn up the heat on offense, but with our squad, we have many players here who have the ability to rack up points on a nightly basis.

A: I do enjoy watching College Football from the states. I tend to cheer for Notre Dame due to my Irish and Catholic heritage.

6. Mac or PC and why?
A: PC easily. I can’t get over that Mac’s can’t run anything at all know, and I feel like PC’s, while larger and bulkier, are far easier to use.

THE PLAYYYOFFFFF PRESSER!

Pga Tour Golf GIF by PGA EuroPro Tour

1. First round for us is @ Saskatoon, how do you think we stack up ?

2. The best player on Saskatoon is Duncan Montana, how can we hope to contain him?

3. Is this your first postseason in the M? Any pre-series jitters?

4a. (New Waiver Players): How do you feel your "welcome to the league" has been? 

4b. (Drafted Players): Have you been interacting with our new players ? What do you think of them?

5. Who is your pick to win it all, to make it more fun you can't pick Halifax.

6. Finally, what adjustments do you think coach should make to the lines if any before we start game 1?

1 hour ago, BarzalGoat said:

I think our odds are quite good, despite people claiming we are an underdog team. The new pieces to the team will give Saskatoon a hell of a time.

2. The best player on Saskatoon is Duncan Montana, how can we hope to contain him?

Montoya can have slick hands, but I promise you no one is going past me, come hell or high water, I will grind anyone who tries, Montoya or anyone.

4a. (New Waiver Players): How do you feel your "welcome to the league" has been? 

Honestly, first game and it's the playoffs every step I take counts, all eyes are on the new players especially so yeah that makes me nervous, but I just channel that nerve to excitement and pure focus.

Oh, I'm Canadian so I guess I'll cheer for Toronto, my city. 

6. Finally, what adjustments do you think coach should make to the lines if any before we start game 1?

I have absolute faith in our coach that he has analyzed every single player and mind mapped, plays and scenarios in his head to build our team like this, trust our Coach, he knows his stuff.

6 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

• Well i dont know becouse every game is different maybe in one game they will have more stress and we wont so that would be easier so as i said every game is different. Maybe luck will bounce our way one game but in a different game to them.

• Pressure we have to apply more pressure on him when he is on the ice. Make him make mistakes. 

• No its like every game but you just know in the back of youre head that one game can turn everything around.

• It has been great everyone is friendly its great i got picked by a great team. 

4b. (Drafted Players): Have you been interacting with our new players ? What do you think of them?

• Mostly ive been around my team but as mutch as i talked to other players they are great.

• If i cant say my team i dont really know becouse it can go either way in the playoffs.

• Well try to mix up the lines but mostly i would mess with the lines during the game to be better than the other team.

Edited by DUSS7Y

1.First round for us is @ Saskatoon, how do you think we stack up ?

Saskatoon is a deep team, I mean they were at the top of league for a reason, but I think it’s possible for us to take the fight to them. Who knows maybe we shock the pundits.

Duncan is great yeah, but we can’t stay focused one guy, it’s a team game as we know and if we aim to shut one player down others will step up. But it’s imperative we stay agressive.

this is my first post season, obviously as one of the new guys it’s harder to jump right into action, at the end of the day I’m just trying to help the boys win.

4a. (New Waiver Players): How do you feel your "welcome to the league" has been? 

It’s been a rude awakening for sure, so many talented players and the speed of the game is different from what I’m used to. It’s going yo take some time to truly sink in.

i was a free agent signing but I’ve been trying to get the know the boys. 

I think with the tough draw we have in Sask, I think they have the ability to win it all, of course we’d like to play spoiler to that.

we need a more defensive approach with a team that is high scoring we need to be on our toes and not our heels and try to dictate the pace.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, BarzalGoat said:

1. I feel a little weird answering this after our run is over, so I will answer in the present time, I thought we matched well against them, we brought in a bunch of young new talent and we just couldn't get the job done, I feel like as the captain of the team, I did not do a good enough job leading this post season.

2. Montana is great, and he had a great series, He was the only one to beat me in points and he is an elite talent, I hope Sask goes on to win it all.

3. this was my 4th I believe and I think my first, first round exit, it is bittersweet and it was a good experience with this team 

4b. I have been super busy so not as much, but they all seem to be pretty excited to be working on their builds and their players!

5. Sask, they beat us so why not lose to the champions!

6.I feel like we did everything perfect, just more experience on the other side.

This is a presser that's always a little tougher to write... 
OFFSEASON PRESSER I

1. How do you feel Halifax stacked up this season compared to your expectations?

2. What was your personal Halifax Highlight for this past season?

3. Are you looking forward to another season in the M, or are you expecting a promotion to the E? 

4. How will this player have a different career than your last player? If this is your first player, how do you feel like you want this player's career to go ?

5. What's your player's favorite memory of the post-season trip with the team to Benihanas? What did your player order?

6. Is there anything you feel we as management can improve upon for next season?

This is a presser that's always a little tougher to write... 
OFFSEASON PRESSER I

1. How do you feel Halifax stacked up this season compared to your expectations?

2. What was your personal Halifax Highlight for this past season?

3. Are you looking forward to another season in the M, or are you expecting a promotion to the E? 

4. How will this player have a different career than your last player? If this is your first player, how do you feel like you want this player's career to go ?

5. What's your player's favorite memory of the post-season trip with the team to Benihanas? What did your player order?

6. Is there anything you feel we as management can improve upon for next season?

1. I think we did fine, when i was selected i was told it was a rebuild so i figured it was just gonna be a near play off miss or a first round exit if we made it.

2. Becoming the assist leader for the season!

3. i will be promoted to the E so i am super excited!

4. This player i am a way more active updater and know what I’m doing when it comes to my player build.

5. I just got a steak, not a seafood guy.

6. i feel like you two did fine! 

Offseason Presser II !!!

1. What does this offseason hold for you, in Halifax and beyond!?

2. What sort of season do you expect Halifax will be able to put together next season? 

3. WAYYYYY too early for this, but who do you predict as champion of the M, E, and VHL? 

4. Do you have a VHL affiliation? If so, how do you think that team will do, if not, is there any team in particular you want to be drafted by? 

5. If you could have one superpower what would it be? 

6. What is the best condiment to put on a hot dog? yes there is a correct answer.

Offseason Presser III (the last one)

1. Some old faces some new, what's your favorite way to pass the time in Halifax (so far) if you're new, or from a veteran's perspective if you've been here before?

2. With Jacob and Bryn returning we have some veteran presence, how have they been in the team's locker room?

3. With Jorgen, Maple, and Harry we have some new faces, how have we been welcoming them or how have they felt welcomed so far?

4. What is your goal for this season as a player?

5. What is your goal for the team this year? 

6. Do you have any pre-game superstitious which you practice, or, are you planning on finding one?

1. Some old faces some new, what's your favorite way to pass the time in Halifax (so far) if you're new, or from a veteran's perspective if you've been here before?

I'm very excited to be back in Halifax again. I like to go and look out at the sea and also spend time with my friends.

2. With Jacob and Bryn returning we have some veteran presence, how have they been in the team's locker room?

Although I am sad many people have left, I am happy that Jacob is still here as he is a great person to hang out with in the locker room.

3. With Jorgen, Maple, and Harry we have some new faces, how have we been welcoming them or how have they felt welcomed so far?

I have tried to be as welcoming as I can with the new players. I hope they are enjoying themselves so far.

This season I would like to be the best I can so  I will spend a lot of time practicing to improve my skills.

My hopes for the team is that we don't do as bad as that one year where we only won about two games. I think this is a realistic goal.

6. Do you have any pre-game superstitious which you practice, or, are you planning on finding one?

I have many pre-game superstitions but another superstition is that I am not allowed to tell you what they are or they won't work.

Haven't really gotten that much of a feel for it yet to be completely honest, but I've had a great time chatting with my new team in the locker room so far.

Like I touched on a tiny bit above, I've had a great time chatting with the team so far, so I can only say they've been very nice to me as one of the new faces and very welcoming.

It's honestly felt very easy to come into the locker room after being greeted with such kindness and just an overall great atmosphere. Just reaching out to chat with the new guys has felt very nice for me as I'm of course one of them. 

Gain experience and learn the ins and outs of the league further.

Of course you'll always want to win but this being my first season I really want to put more emphasis on learning and 'getting into it' so I'll value development over long winstreaks this season for sure.

Not yet, I'll have to figure something out though.

1. Just being drafted here has been great. The city is very friendly and relaxed. My favourite part is probably walking by the harbour at midnight while listening to music. Definitely helps ease the mind before game days.

2. The locker room has been incredibly welcoming. Always someone in there to say hi to or chat with. Halifax has been a great team to be drafted to based on my first few days experience.

3. It has been easy to feel welcomed and welcome other players so far. I definitely felt apart of the team from the first minute I stepped in the locker room. Great team environment so far.

4. I want to win a championship. That's my goal for every season. To get there I need to improve significantly, and take strides to become a better teammate. 

5. Like I said before, the teams goals are my goals. I want to win, simple as that. We do that as a team and from what I've seen so far I like our chances.

6. I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious. 

1. Im new here, so i dont know yet :)
2. Dont know how that is, but i look forward to meet them.
3. I feel welcoming so far.
4. I look forward to get in to this, and help my team win some games. 
5. Dont know yet. 

6. Nothing yet...

Good turnout for last week's media event press conference! Let's see it again, please come to the stage....

(Food questions requested by the boss @Brewins15)

1. 2nd in the division! What do you attribute our success to?

2. Even though our goalie is a bot, how do you bond on your time off the ice?

3. What is the best sauce to dip a McNugget? Regular chicken nugget if different?

4. What is your favorite pizza topping, and what is your favorite 2-topping pizza combo?

5. Do you have any interesting dietary restrictions (ie not eating fish, meat, cheese, etc) which you think are peculiar or noteworthy? If not, what's the most interesting thing you've ever eaten?

6. How many hot dogs could you eat in 10 mins, yes buns included, your choice of condiment.

I think our forwards have been doing a great job on the offense, it's definitely easier to win games when you've got these guys putting pucks in the net!

I try to bond as much as possible with the bots on the team, and I think they deserve some credit as well so they don't go all Matrix machine style on us. Most recently me and the goalie shared a (virtual?) post game drink, I ordered a cold beer and he had a nice tall glass of motor oil to keep all the moving parts running smooth.

3. What is the best sauce to dip a McNugget? Regular chicken nugget if different?

Dunno if this is a thing elsewhere but McDonalds in Sweden recently (last year or so) added a truffle dip which does wonder to a nugget if you ask me.

4. What is your favorite pizza topping, and what is your favorite 2-topping pizza combo?

Definitely kebab, and if I have to choose two it's kebab + sauce.

5. Do you have any interesting dietary restrictions (ie not eating fish, meat, cheese, etc) which you think are peculiar or noteworthy? If not, what's the most interesting thing you've ever eaten?

I'm allergic to nuts, that's about it. As far as interesting goes I can't come to think of much besides octopus which I don't think is THAT wild, but yeah I had a really nice grilled piece of octopus marinated with a bunch of chilis and other stuff.

6. How many hot dogs could you eat in 10 mins, yes buns included, your choice of condiment.

Hmm. I could probably down 4 under 5 minutes, but after that each one would take longer/be harder to swallow I think. So I'll say I could probably eat 6-7 in 10min.

1. 2nd in the division! What do you attribute our success to? I’m not sure yet I just got here lol hoping good dman tho .

2. Even though our goalie is a bot, how do you bond on your time off the ice? Family time mostly .

3. What is the best sauce to dip a McNugget? Regular chicken nugget if different? I like bbq or sweet and sour.

Ham and pineapple and taco with lettuce and green peppers lol 

5. Do you have any interesting dietary restrictions (ie not eating fish, meat, cheese, etc) which you think are peculiar or noteworthy? If not, what's the most interesting thing you've ever eaten? Most sea food I haven’t eaten 

6. How many hot dogs could you eat in 10 mins, yes buns included, your choice of condiment. 12 I bet 

I attribute all my success to my diet of chicken nuggets. Chicken nuggets are very nutritious.

I believe that everyone deserves chicken nuggets, even bots and so I spend time with the goalie eating chicken nuggets.

Personally, I think that ketchup is the best sauce for dipping nuggets/smothering the nuggets.

My favourite pizza topping is chicken nuggets which is very unusual. For 2-toppings, I would just have two lots of chicken nuggets.

I think I already answered this question but I only chicken nuggets as they are very good for you, they taste great and they are also my lucky food.

I would be unable to eat any hot dogs in 10 mins as I am on a strict chicken nugget-only diet at the moment and don't want to ruin it.

On 9/27/2021 at 5:21 PM, BarzalGoat said:

Good turnout for last week's media event press conference! Let's see it again, please come to the stage....

(Food questions requested by the boss @Brewins15)

1. the willing of our teammates and our great gm 
2. well the goalie isn't a bot anymore cause I'm their new goalie
3. this might seem like a unholy sin but I don't like to dip my nuggets with sauce 
4. mushrooms and bell peppers 
5. the most interesting thing i have eaten is fish yea its a common thing but where i live fish isnt really sold here
6. 2 i dont eat fast at all it takes hours if its a big meal