Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 4/30/2019 at 11:44 PM, Thranduil said:

New Questions for week of Apr 29-May 5.                                                                                                                                                  

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE or 6 Questions for 2 TPE. Enjoy!

1. What is it like being part of Halifax this season?

As a team member coming in for his second season it’s great. I’m more active and engaged with everyone so far this off season so this year is going to be good!

2. The captains vote is currently on and besides yourself who is your top choice for captain?

As I’m making this AFTER captains were selected I’ll say this, everyone who was selected deserves the role they were given

3. With the season opener about a week away, how much TPE do you preferably want to have by that point?

At the least 180-185 I want to have 200 the first couple games of the regular season

4. What are your goals for this season, in terms of both individual and team performance?

Personal Performance wise I want to get more goals, and be a better line leader. Team wise...we better get the cup this year. On a real note, I feel I’ll be way more active than I was last season so I hope that will help as much as possible

5. What are your thoughts on Halifax's Discord locker-room? Any suggestions on how we could improve it?

Everything as it is now seems good! Any improvement is fine with me but the chemistry now is great

6. What are your overall thoughts on the team and roster that we have here? Where do you think we'll finish in the standings?

The people we have is strong and high in TPE so in that case I hope to see us in the finals and winning a cup finally

1. What is it like being part of Halifax this season?

It's awesome. Getting the opportunity to come back after last season is great and I'm super thankful to @Thranduil for giving me a second chance.

2. The captains vote is currently on and besides yourself who is your top choice for captain?

I thought Blake Gaudette deserved it and I'm glad that he got the C this year.

3. With the season opener about a week away, how much TPE do you preferably want to have by that point?

I'd like to get to 100 TPE or as close as I can.

4. What are your goals for this season, in terms of both individual and team performance?

Hoping I can score more this season, be more responsible and take less penalties. 

5. What are your thoughts on Halifax's Discord locker-room? Any suggestions on how we could improve it?

It's great. We have good talks in there and everyone is friendly. 

6. What are your overall thoughts on the team and roster that we have here? Where do you think we'll finish in the standings?

I think we managed to keep some guys from last season that will really help us this year, and I'm excited to see how the new guys do once the season starts. Ideally we'll finish at the top, but with the expansion, it's honestly a crapshoot.

1. What is it like being part of Halifax this season?

Pretty cool.  Looking forward to my first season in the league and hopefully a first championship for Halifax.

Gaudette seems really passionate about the team, so I am happy he is our captain.

Hoping to get around 80, but will try to get a bit higher if I can.

I want to get a couple shutouts and have a save percentage above .900.  Obviously I hope that my performance helps us win a cup, everything else is secondary.

It's been fun so far.  Hopefully we can carry that forward into the season and keep up the energy.

So far we all seem to be meshing well together.  I think with some more time we can become even closer.  I think this team has the chance to be special, we should make the playoffs without much fuss, and I think we have the ability to become champions.  We have a motivated core who want to win.

New Questions for week of May 6-12.                                                                                                                                                  

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE or 6 Questions for 2 TPE. Enjoy!

1. What are you most exited for this season?

2. Who do you think will lead the team in points this season?

3. What goals do you have for the start of the season?

4. What skills do you think will help you this season the most?

5. Which team member do you have the most chemistry with so far?

6. How do you think the team management could make your jobs as players easier?

2 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

1.) playing with Nacho and Axelson this year

2.) Me or Nacho

3.) get 150 TPE which can happen

4.) my scoring and defence 

5.) Nacho Nacho and More Nachos

6.) it's perfectly fine TBH Thran and RJ have done a  great job

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

1.) To start my first season in the VHLM

2.) Either Rhye Tyr if he's still on the team or Anton Edvin

3.) To improve my TPE and maybe work up the depth chart

4.) Consistency

5.) Since I haven't played yet I would say Thorvald Gunnarsson (all the secondary assists!)

6.) Nothing except maybe cookies..

Edited by Acydburn

53 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

1. I am really excited to see how we do and also to be playing on the top line.

2. Its probably going to be nacho

3. to reach 170+ TPE maybe

4. passing and puck handling

5. maybe nacho

6. nothing really except just telling the new guys what things to do every week

To start the season! I'm excited for my first season in the VHL

I think it'll be Gaudette since he was drafted the highest.

Raise some TPE and get a few starts under my belt. 

Rebound Control. Helps if you swallow up the puck a lot.

Haaaa, I'm not sure yet. I'm gunna have to say Saelven since we're the weirdo goalies.

Not sure yet, I think the team management is great so far.

21 hours ago, rjfryman said:

Getting my TPE up and possibly trying for a cup! The team we have right now is a great group of people and I can't wait to get started!

Any of our wingers probably 

As stated I'd like to get as much TPE and be as active as possible!

I need to work on basically everything, but mainly my discipline, strength, and checking

Probably Blake Gaudette, He's one of the more active players on the team (everyone is) but he's also my line mate

I feel as of right now everything the MGMT Team is doing is doing great! And to know if I have any issues they are always there

On 5/6/2019 at 6:14 PM, rjfryman said:

1. The opportunity to win it all this year after coming so close last year. 

2. Nacho, maybe Gaudette. 

3. I just want to do my best. Score some goals, not be a liability out on the ice, and not get nearly as many PIMs as last season. 

4. Working on my scoring. Last season I felt I didn’t do enough offensively. 

5. Coffey, my defense partner. Hoping we can get even better as the season goes. 

6. Management does so much for us. Seriously they help out more than I could ever ask for. Sincerely grateful for them. 

My first season, looking to improve and contribute to the team.

Mr.Gaudette is looking good so far.

Contribute on both ends of the ice, chip in offensively.

My 2way game, staying consistent in the defensive zone.

Hachimura, I was fortunate to have assisted his first career goal.

They have been great and extremely helpful, nothing that comes to mind.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, rjfryman said:

1. Excited to play a big role, as I prove that I am able to help the team where they need me.

2. Well I just got here, but to me it looks like Axelson is our star.

3. Not many. I am just a rookie, and I want to help, but I'm not expecting too much off the bat.

4. My physicality and defensive ability, which I've heard are needed on the team.

5. I just arrived so no one. I do know that two of my good friends played on the team. Thranduil and Toasty.

6. I think just keep us in the loop. Let us know what is going on so we never have to worry about you guys keeping something from us.

• Commissioner

1. How do you feel you've played being we're 1/7th through the season? 

2. Do you think the veterans have an upper hand so far in the season?

3. If you can predict right now, what kind of impact will you have on the team? (most goals, assists, etc?)

4. Of anyone on the team (besides yourself) who do you think contributes to your success on the ice (your on ice partner)? 

5. If you could have one player come to the Halifax right now, from any team, who would it be and why? 

6. Do you think that Halifax is a contender for the cup? What would you change?

1.) I'm not too thrilled with my play thus far. I'm - in +/- and haven't really contributed points wise.

2.) I do think they have the upper hand, I think we're going to see less of a difference half way through the season.

3.) I think my point production will increase, I also think i'll be more responsible defensive. Expect that +/- to increase.

4.) At this time, I think Michael Johnson or Thorvald Gunnarson, they both always have my back and we know we can win any game with them in net. 

5.) I wouldn't I think we have a team that can win the cup. 

6.) Of course I do, we're currently sitting in 4th so a playoff spot. We had some good signings over the past week and I think this team is really going to take it all the way.

Fairly inconsistent but have had a few stellar games. Overall stat line is definitely good for my first week.

In the early part of the season yes, but by the time the playoffs come it’ll be a new season on equal playing field ☺️

3. If you can predict right now, what kind of impact will you have on the team? (most goals, assists, etc?)

Top 3 in goals; someone the team can count on all season to pitch in offensively.

4. Of anyone on the team (besides yourself) who do you think contributes to your success on the ice (your on ice partner)? 

Probably my 5v5 partners since my power play stats are underwhelming.

5. If you could have one player come to the Halifax right now, from any team, who would it be and why? 

Probably a defenseman but really our team will be fine just as is.

Maybe a dark horse contender currently but definitely have a shot at it.

I'm not happy with my play yet, I'm hoping I can grow into my own soon.

Um not yet, I think you do need to earn your spot and the vets have done that in the past. It's time to take whats yours though!

Ummm, I'm hoping to have a few shutouts and SAA% to be high. We'll see though.

@Acydburn for sure. He's been pushing me to pull TPE from everywhere. Great teammate and great friend.

I'm not sure, maybe a defensive defensemen.

I definitely do. I think we need a defensive defensemen.

I feel I’ve played well! I got

my First hat trick so there’s that!

As a vet, I believe we need to show leadership in this team. And that being said I feel we’re doing great. Great chemistry in the locker room which leads to more positive fronts on the ice

If I had to guess it’d be most assists. Though I’m not top of that leaderboard, by the end of the season I feel I’ll be there!

@Acydburn has been there since the day he was drafted! Paving his way to a good career and great leader has definitely shown

The group we have now is perfect just the way it is! And if someone were to join the team I feel as if the team would welcome them with open arms! But if I had to pick a type, we need a good FA D man

Absolutely, this team is proving its self Day in and day out. Look at the wins and losses. Wins are big, losses are by only a little hiccup. Discipline is an issue? We figure it out. Talent needs to be spread? Change up the lines. We’re in 4th place...we got this

14 hours ago, Acydburn said:

1. i think i'm playing great, just hope i don't start to cool off

2. i think its great for the new guys, having the old ones lead the way and just help put in the locker room

3.probably gonna have like 2nd most assists and 3rd most points

5. it would be a great dman or a depth winger

4. @Gaudette is just such a leader in the locker room, and .he takes it on the ice too

6. definietley a contender, just get the young guys to keep getting better and we could win the cup

16 hours ago, Acydburn said:

Well. I have only played 3 games and have done nothing. I want to get my offense going, and become a physical presence on the ice.

Yes, but they have earned it. I mean I think Axelson, and Gaudette and Nacho were all in the same boat as me at one point. Not scoring every game. It is there turn to score. Next season it will be mine.

Um, I think I can become an all-rounded d-man, just like my good friend Basaraba Moose, and maybe add a few points to the scoresheet.

I like Hugh Chan. He is a defender who is a similar situation to me. I like playing with him on a pair here and there.

John Madden / Basaraba Moose. Both are good friends of mine in real life and while Madden is more into it than Moose, Moose could teach me how to build my player well.

Nothing. I think we're ready to go for the cup again.

1. How happy is Halifax with the 7-4-2 start to the season?

2. Are the coaches trying to make any changes to the lines to get an advantage?

3. Where do you think Halifax will finish in the standings this season?

4. Who would you say are your top 3 players for the time being?

5. Do you think anyone will get sent up to the VHL during the season or playoffs?

6. Is goaltending an issue?

7. What do the players like to do on an off day?

8. Does everyone show up when you give them the optional skate?

9. How hard was it to swallow the loss to the Mexico City Kings in game 65 in Overtime?

10. What do you do in Halifax during the offseason?

1.)  I've played great scoring a lot of goals and getting assists

2.) well of course us vets do we know about the league 

3.) Goals and points 

4.) idk Nacho or Axelsen

5.) we don't need any TBH maybe Madden cuz that's our GMs player

6.) we don't need to change Jack shit

1. I think that I have played fairly well so far, although I definitely had a slow start.

2. Yes of course, but they definitely have been showing us new guys the ropes. I feel as though their upper hand is justified and deserved.

3. I think that I could definitely lead my team in +/- as I have been consistently good in our defensive end. 

4. Acydburn has been a great locker room presence and has been contributing to our team in so many other ways including my own play.

5. Madden seeing as though that is our GM's player. Although I like the group that we currently have.

6. Nothing I would change, our team is starting to see good results and as of late have been working well together as a team.

I've had a good start to the season, producing at a point per game in the VHL.

Yes, it is clear to me that most of our successful players this season are vets, save a few.

As a GM, I just hope I can get us our first ever cup this season and manage to stay competitive next season.

Well once again, as a GM, Aycdburn has been super helpful while rjfryman is away. He is making my job a lot easier.

Nathan MacKinnon. He has played on Halifax in every one of the team's 4 seasons, and we could really use the extra depth, plus him joining still isn't ruled out.

I think we are a contender now, but we just need to grow as a team.

1.) As a team do you feel you guys mesh well?
2.) are you guys confident for the push?
3.) How are you all feeling about the next few weeks of hockey any tired guys not ready for a few weeks of hockey?
4.) Gaudette, does it feel good to be in the running for the 2nd Line LW spot on team Canada?
5.) Any changes personnel wise, tactics wise, or any line changes that you guys feel need to be made?

1. How do you feel you've played being we're 1/7th through the season? 

I've had a pretty good start.  My goals against is trending in the right direction and I have had several strong games recently.  I would like to improve my save percentage though.

Yes, but they have also provided valuable insight and instruction to the newer players.

I'm hoping to give us 20+ wins in the regular season and provide enough support to keep us in games.  I don't think I will be the most outstanding goalie in the league, bit I plan on winning the most important prize.

Michael Johnson.  We don't share the ice but when one guy is playingwe, or developing faster it pushes the other to improve.  We have a healthy competition.

I can't think of any one particular 0layer who I think would fit in right now, but anyone who can help keep the young goalies from getting bombarded would find a spot.  I think our team has those players already, they just need the time to develop.

6. Do you think that Halifax is a contender for the cup? What would you change?

FOR SURE! I think we are well positioned to make a championship run.  Would like to see our power play get going though.