Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1 hour ago, fonziGG said:

1.) What do you think of how we’re currently doing?

2.) How are you enjoying the VHLM this season? Any suggestions for improvement?

3.) What stats are you focusing on for your player?

4.) What is your favourite thing about Halifax?

5.) What are your thoughts on the GM, Thranduil, stepping down?

6.) Do you have any suggestions for the new GM?

1) Confident in our group for the most part. I don't think we are going to grab a top 4 seed in regular season standings, but still feeling good heading into playoffs

2) Good league if you are on a good team. The disparity between good and bad teams is pretty large compared to the VHL, so I'm glad I'm on a good one.

3) Shots mostly. Goals and assists seem to follow. Want to eventually get in a few fights but that might have to wait until next year

4) I like the logo and jersey colours. Locker room is very chill, but still active.

5) I respect that decision. fonzi did a lot this year for us so it seemed fair to pass on the reigns if his heart wasn't fully in it anymore

6) don't overvalue high draft picks. Vhlm draft seems like a crapshoot, so stocking up on low picks and trading high ones for more established players mid season would be my way to build. Seems like what Halifax did last year and this one and its working

On 8/12/2019 at 5:41 PM, studentized said:

1. I think we're close to where we need to be, we just need a little kick to push us to the next level and truly be considered cup contenders.

2. It's been interesting, a lot of changes from what I was used to, especially community wise. However finding people who you can talk with and separate from a lot of what goes on really makes it enjoyable.

3. SK first, SC second, and then probably round out my stats a little bit.

4. Hali has always been an enjoyable experience for me, whether its the people or the actual results the team gets.

5. I didn't have a whole lot of interaction with Thran, so for me it seemed like Fonzi was the GM the whole time. He's the one who brought me in and made sure I was comfortable with the team and everything.

6. Keep doing what you're doing, it seems to be working.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:28 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Well, we're in the playoffs so I think we're a-ok.

2. The system is really clean. The claim menu is a little confusing but that's the only critique I have so far.

3. As of right now, Passing, Puck Handling, and Skating.

4. They offered me a spot on the team : )

5. Well, I don't know who he is but I bet he's a good user if he used to be a GM.

6. From my talks with you, you're a very supportive GM. Just keep doing what you're doing.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, fonziGG said:

1. I'm joining the team for a playoff run so it really doesn't matter. Regular season is wrapped and we all know that heroes are made in the playoffs so currently - who cares - future we better be killing it.

2. Just arriving on the scene - I'll reserve judgement until I at least see the ice.

3. Scoring - I come from a family of scoring defensemen, it usually doesn't work out in the VHL but in the VHLM I plan on scoring 50.

4. The university students will be arriving soon - easy targets for BV.

5. Man I have no idea who that is, and I don't mean that disrespectfully, I just arrived. I'm here for the future and that future has a chip in it so I'm here for the current GM.

6. I signed here to experience the team and GM, I have no advice right now but win or lose keep your head up.

New week, new set of questions for the boats.

1 Season just ended. We sit in 5th place, 10 points behind the Yukon Rush, who we'll be facing in the 1st round. How do you prepare for this matchup?

2 Who on the team needs to step up his game if we want to make it to the 2nd round?

3 Among the other teams in the playoffs, who do you think has the best odds of bringing the S67 Founder's Cup home?

4 In the same vein, if you followed the VHL season, who do you think has the best odds of taking the S67 Continental Cup?

5 Do you embrace or deny the rumours that say the Halifax 21st is actually a satanic cult?

6 Are you excited about being drafted in the VHL and/or in the VHLM in the offseason? Where do you hope you'll land? If you were drafted in the VHL already, are you excited about possibly joining the VHL team that drafted you next season?

1 Season just ended. We sit in 5th place, 10 points behind the Yukon Rush, who we'll be facing in the 1st round. How do you prepare for this matchup?

Just gotta find groove.  Playoffs are all about getting hot.

2 Who on the team needs to step up his game if we want to make it to the 2nd round?

Me.  I really went soft during the last three games.  Should have done a better fob keeping us in those games.

3 Among the other teams in the playoffs, who do you think has the best odds of bringing the S67 Founder's Cup home?

Ottawa has looked really strong all year.

4 In the same vein, if you followed the VHL season, who do you think has the best odds of taking the S67 Continental Cup?

The team that holds my rights is rebuilding, so I will go with Toronto.  Their team looks really strong.

5 Do you embrace or deny the rumours that say the Halifax 21st is actually a satanic cult?

Wait what?  I thought that was red paint.

6 Are you excited about being drafted in the VHL and/or in the VHLM in the offseason? Where do you hope you'll land? If you were drafted in the VHL already, are you excited about possibly joining the VHL team that drafted you next season?

Really excited to move up.  New York will be exciting next year.  Lots of competition for playing time.

9 hours ago, McWolf said:

1 Season just ended. We sit in 5th place, 10 points behind the Yukon Rush, who we'll be facing in the 1st round. How do you prepare for this matchup?

2 Who on the team needs to step up his game if we want to make it to the 2nd round?

3 Among the other teams in the playoffs, who do you think has the best odds of bringing the S67 Founder's Cup home?

4 In the same vein, if you followed the VHL season, who do you think has the best odds of taking the S67 Continental Cup?

5 Do you embrace or deny the rumours that say the Halifax 21st is actually a satanic cult?

6 Are you excited about being drafted in the VHL and/or in the VHLM in the offseason? Where do you hope you'll land? If you were drafted in the VHL already, are you excited about possibly joining the VHL team that drafted you next season?

1) Prepare for a long series. I don't really consider ourselves underdogs despite being the lower seed. This one can go either way, so we just need to step up.

2) It always helps to have a hot goalie in a playoff series so he just needs to do what he's been doing all season. Player-wise, everyone should be stepping up, including myself.

3) Ottawa's goal scoring ability is just too easy for them. I'm not sure how anyone beats them in a 7 game series, but I hope we get to try.

4) I like Vancouver this year. Toronto is so dominant that I can't cheer for them.

5) I will just say that we are very diverse and support the beliefs of all ;)

6) Yes, excited to get my pro career started. No idea where I will land, but hope to have some role on the team

1. No need to prepare, Yukon is trash. There is no Rush.

2. I’d like to see my game come back to where it was. Playing on the second line I need to be an impact player and I haven’t been since my first 10 games.

3. The obvious answer is to say Philly but I think everybody here can put up a strong fight for the cup.

4. I haven’t been paying too close attention to the VHL this season so I can’t say.

5. I’m torn on the situation.

6. Ideally I want to end up on one of the expansion teams, expansion has always excited me in this league and any league really.

18 hours ago, McWolf said:

1. I come from a history of championships with my father winning a freaking bunch of them. That alone gives me all the confidence to beat Yukon.

2. COLE MERTZ we need some depth to score us biggie goals if we want to go far.

3. I turned down an offer from Las Vegas so it would be ironic if they won so I'll give them the most likely to win award.

4. VHL? It's all about the VHLM tbh.

5. Deny deny deny. We don't need those silly Christians putting some sort of curse on us to fail.

6. Excited for the VHLM draft, as an agency it's been 20 seasons since I've had a player in a VHL draft as my last 2 players were GM creates so I'll be pumped to get into the VHLM draft!

1 Season just ended. We sit in 5th place, 10 points behind the Yukon Rush, who we'll be facing in the 1st round. How do you prepare for this matchup?

Keeping our noses clean, get the rest we need, stay focused on the grand prize and brace ourselves for the journey ahead. 

2 Who on the team needs to step up his game if we want to make it to the 2nd round?

I think it's fair to say that we as a team need to elevate our game as a whole. We know we have the talent and skill, we need to remind ourselves that it's time for Playoff Mode.

3 Among the other teams in the playoffs, who do you think has the best odds of bringing the S67 Founder's Cup home?

I hate to say it, but the Reaper's have a good roster with a solid regular season under their belts. My bet is them.

4 In the same vein, if you followed the VHL season, who do you think has the best odds of taking the S67 Continental Cup?

Although Toronto has been on a tear, I'd like to see Vancouver go all the way.

5 Do you embrace or deny the rumours that say the Halifax 21st is actually a satanic cult?

Hey, I'm not much of a satanist but if their omens and spells can give us some good fortune in these playoffs... who needs a soul, right? Not that I'm advocating for it or anything, of course...

6 Are you excited about being drafted in the VHL and/or in the VHLM in the offseason? Where do you hope you'll land? If you were drafted in the VHL already, are you excited about possibly joining the VHL team that drafted you next season?

I honestly don't know where I'll end up, I'd just be grateful to be playing in the big leagues and to prove my worth in playing for whoever drafts me. I understand that this coming draft is very Defense heavy so I get that it's a little crowded but hey Halifax is always my #1.

Edited by Kekzkrieg

1 Season just ended. We sit in 5th place, 10 points behind the Yukon Rush, who we'll be facing in the 1st round. How do you prepare for this matchup?

Since this series is done, I'll say I think we prepared really well for Yukon. I saw the guys putting in extra shifts after practice was over. It was a determination that I don't think most teams can match.

I think, as a whole, we all have to step up our games if we plan to take the 2nd round. We have a great team, but we can always try to be doing better.

Besides ourselves, I think it's between Philadelphia and Ottawa again. Both teams had strong foundations in play to contend for a 2nd cup. I also think we're in the mix there as well, ofcourse.

I think it has to be Helsinki again. Great team, but I must say I haven't been following the VHL post regular season.

5 Do you embrace or deny the rumours that say the Halifax 21st is actually a satanic cult?

I EMBRACE IT, OF COURSE!

I have a feeling that I will be protected for the expansion draft so, I don't expect myself to go to a new team. However, I'm excited to see which players are chosen. It'll be a very interesting season in S68.

We made it to the 2nd round, let's answer some press Qs to celebrate.

1 The Rush and the 21st were seeded 4th and 5th. Did you expect us to dispose of the Rush in only 5 games?

2 Any word for your Rush opponents, whose season just ended to your hands?

3 Who would you say was the star of the team in this 1st round?

4 The semi-finals are now started, our new opponents are the Ottawa Lynx. Who's the player to watch on their squad?

5 The other semi-finals has the Minnesota Storm currently leading 3-1 over the Philadelphia Reapers. Supposing we beat the Lynx and make it to the Founder's Cup Finals, which team would you rather face on the big stage: the Storm or the Reapers?

6 As we are about halfway through this whole thing, who on the team has the maddest, nastiest playoffs beard?

7 hours ago, McWolf said:

1 The Rush and the 21st were seeded 4th and 5th. Did you expect us to dispose of the Rush in only 5 games?

4 The semi-finals are now started, our new opponents are the Ottawa Lynx. Who's the player to watch on their squad?

5 The other semi-finals has the Minnesota Storm currently leading 3-1 over the Philadelphia Reapers. Supposing we beat the Lynx and make it to the Founder's Cup Finals, which team would you rather face on the big stage: the Storm or the Reapers?

6 As we are about halfway through this whole thing, who on the team has the maddest, nastiest playoffs beard?

1) Unexpected for sure. Most of the games were close though so might have been a little lucky to get rid of them so quickly. The extra rest was appreciated though.

2) Excited to join some of those guys in the VHL next year. For the ones staying behind in the VHLM, I'm sure your GM will give you another good shot at competing next year.

3) Thorvald is the easy pick. Team defence was great, but an "off" goalie would have changed the series . We are lucky to have one of the best tenders in the VHLM

4) They have a whole bunch of good players but Z. Miniti really dominated the regular season and continued it into playoffs. I need to be a part of shutting him down.

5) Well as of writing this, the Storm just won. I would have picked them too just based on how we matched up against them in the regular season. We'd have a good shot.

6) You always picture George Washington as clean shaven, but that's not the case when Hali makes a deep playoff run

8 hours ago, McWolf said:

1. There is no rush.

2. There is no rush.

3. Nolan really exemplifies the play we need for me, +1, 8 points, staying out of the box, he's doing everything that needs done.

4. The who?

5. I'd have to say the Storm, Philly has been dominant all season, that's a scary squad to go up against.

6. If you've never seen an undead general powder his beard then you've never truly seen a ridiculous playoff beard.

1 The Rush and the 21st were seeded 4th and 5th. Did you expect us to dispose of the Rush in only 5 games?

I always had faith on our squad and how we can turn things around on a dime to keep us in the competition. There's no telling what this team can do when we're all on the same page.

2 Any word for your Rush opponents, whose season just ended to your hands?

Good series boys and best of luck on where your careers take you!

3 Who would you say was the star of the team in this 1st round?

Nolan has been skating his ass off out there and doing a lot of the dirty work on both ends and keeping us on the scoreboard. Gunnarsson has also been incredibly clutch when he's in the zone, it inspires me to work harder and sacrifice my body more often to help shot block.

4 The semi-finals are now started, our new opponents are the Ottawa Lynx. Who's the player to watch on their squad?

Amberback has been a monster out there with his assist numbers, block shots and hits. I think he's the main guy in need of a good shut down.

5 The other semi-finals has the Minnesota Storm currently leading 3-1 over the Philadelphia Reapers. Supposing we beat the Lynx and make it to the Founder's Cup Finals, which team would you rather face on the big stage: the Storm or the Reapers?

It doesn't matter to me who it is. Again, I think we as a squad have the talent, skill and chemistry to take on either.

6 As we are about halfway through this whole thing, who on the team has the maddest, nastiest playoffs beard?

When you're aging in a coffin for as long as Washington before picking up a hockey stick, there's really no match in who's beard is most dominant.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, McWolf said:

1. When you add talent right before the playoffs start that Yukon has no access to, the results make sense.

2. GG. Play with confidence next time, that was the big difference between the two teams.

3. Lucky Luciano came up clutch a few times on the score sheet and let's be honest the luck was on our side.

4. No one in particular, I hope they are watching our defense because after those first two games I think we will tighten down and defend.

5. Can't think that far ahead as an athlete you have to stay in the moment as cliche as that sounds, I ignore all other teams and games aside from Halifax.

6. Our goalie Thorvald has a couple white Finnish whiskers showing up on his neck...

Since the season is over, figured I'd give you guys some final presser questions to finish the season.

1. If you could sum up your time in Halifax with one word, what would it be?

2. Does it feel a little better knowing we went out against the champions?

3. Who do you think wins MVP this season?

4. Which team do you think you'll be drafted by?

5. Which team do you think will win it all next season in the VHL?

6. Halifax will miss you all dearly, do you hold Halifax dear to your heart?

(To all the players getting drafted in the next draft, good luck. I'll be wishing nothing but the best for you and your player.)

4 hours ago, fonziGG said:

Since the season is over, figured I'd give you guys some final presser questions to finish the season.

(To all the players getting drafted in the next draft, good luck. I'll be wishing nothing but the best for you and your player.)

1. Amazing

2. Naw will be bitter about it but ive accepted it

3. Luciano deserves it hands down

4. Idk i hope i get drafted at all 

5. Idk i cant tell the future 

6. Absolutely gave me a chancr when noone else did

On 9/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, fonziGG said:

1. Perfect, Halifax gave me the best reintroduction to the league I could ask for, met a lot of old friends and made a lot of new ones. If I'm lucky I'll be back for S68.

2. It's always better to lose to the best than to watch the guys who beat you get tossed around in the next round, but a loss is still a loss and nothing can make that feel good per se.

3. Probably Thorny Underyew, sure OTT also had Miniti who had an outstanding seaon, but Underyew produced when it mattered and was present everywhere at all times.

4. With how late into the draft I'm likely to go, it's really difficult to say. I hope to be with one of the new expansion teams or a younger program that's just starting to regain it's footing, but at the end of the day you're being drafted to go pro. It's hard to complain about going anywhere.

5. I couldn't tell you, I'm way too uninvolved in the pro aspect at the moment to make that call.

6. Ye.

Welcome guys! Answer all these questions for 2 tpe!

1.) How was the draft experience for you?

2.) Where were you projecting yourself to go?

3.) What do you think of Halifax so far?

4.) For those who don't know, what type of player do you intend to become?

5.) What do you think we can achieve in Halifax this season?

6.) Who is your favourite NHL player and team?

1.)    How was the draft experience for you?

A:  It was an amazing experience, going into it I was incredibly nervous, I know I have game but I haven’t had many opportunities to show it off. Luckily, I was found by the staff at Halifax that really believe in me and I’m really excited to put in the work and go far with this team.

2.)    Where were you projecting yourself to go?

A: Honestly, I had conflicting reports some people projected me to go a lot higher but I was also hearing that I might only come in right at the bottom. I ended up in a place I am comfortable and would want to have gone anywhere else.

3.)    What do you think of Halifax so far?

A: I’m blown away. Fellow players and staff have been super helpful with me adjusting and have already had players offering to work with me and help me work on my game the otehr teams should be scared of what Halifax will do this season.

4.)    For those who don't know, what type of player do you intend to become?

A: Hailing from Australia I was called the Bomber because I send smokers through the net. Playing on the right wing (RW) my main focus is winning and scoring. For me team success is my main goal and always my first priority when taking the ice.

5.)    What do you think we can achieve in Halifax this season?

A: Sky is the limit for this team, everyone I’ve met so far have been super helpful and that kind of team first mindset leads to winning 100% of the time. But I think the Cup is a goal everyone on this team is looking at.

6.)    Who is your favourite NHL player and team?

A: Jamie Benn, Dallas Stars

I like the

I just joined, but I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The management has been good to me and the Captain has been selling the team to me, so I'm happy that I chose to sign here.

Right now, I am going to focus on getting my skating and scoring up and then I'll work on my physicality afterwards.

I like the atmosphere in the Discord, even though I only recently joined. Fonzi and Gaudette have been very helpful when I was making my player and what to do with getting more TPE to grow.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to meet him when he was GM, but it looks like he created a great team and a great atmosphere for the players to be in.

To keep doing what he's doing as it seems to be working so far.