Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 2/15/2021 at 5:17 AM, Riley_Couture said:

AmNOL53o_o.png
Welcome to the Halifax 21st press conference for the 15th - 21st February. Hope you all had a nice valentines whether sharing love with partners or with your friends and family. Here come the questions, please remember that you only need to answer 6.

1. Which folklore/cryptid creature do you think would make the best mascot for Halifax 21st and why?
2. If you were forming a band with a handful of your team mates, what type of instrumment would you play?
3. Is there a song that you listen to while you are training?
4. What are you most excited for in your player's future?
5. Does your player have a morning routine?
6. Would you rather be good at figure skating or have more strength?
7. What snacks does your player bring on a coach trip to share with the team?

1. Kraken? cause it's from the ocean.

2. guitar

3. I change it up each day.

4. currently it would have to be getting dragged.

5. No not really. it depends on the day.

6. more strength for sure

1. Which folklore/cryptid creature do you think would make the best mascot for Halifax 21st and why?
mothman, because really we're all sorta our own little moth mans
2. If you were forming a band with a handful of your team mates, what type of instrumment would you play?
jurgis would play drums because he likes drums
3. Is there a song that you listen to while you are training?
no
4. What are you most excited for in your player's future?
starting in the VHL and making a name for myself by being really good at hockey
5. Does your player have a morning routine?
jurgis usually goes for a light jog and eats oats
6. Would you rather be good at figure skating or have more strength?
more strength so jurgis can push people out of his crease
7. What snacks does your player bring on a coach trip to share with the team?
lots of oats, they are very good for you oats. tasty too.

nUzI3pM.png
Hi everyone, welcome to this week's Halifax 21st Press Conference for the 22nd to the 28th of February. Hope you're all having a nice week. Here are the questions for you to respond to in order to get your 2 TPE, please remember that you only need to answer 6.

1. Would your player ever consider dying their hair a different colour? How would it look? Or why wouldn't they?
2. Is there anything that helps you to get into the routine of remembering to complete your VHL tasks each week?
3. Can you describe the way your player feels when they are on the ice during a match?
4. How would you describe the locker room environment of Halifax?
5. What type of boat does your player travel on to get to and from the Ice Rink?
6. What does your player do to remain positive during a rough season?
7. If the team were to appear as a cameo on a show, which show would it be and how would the scene go?
8. Your player has to sponsor a brand of cereal, which brand do they choose?
@bluesfan55@Brewins15@Rick132@ShawnGlade@Flames1Fan@efiug@GRZ@rory
@stew2310@charlienhl@Jolline@capogna@MikkoKoskinensMistress@Tbeez99@IHateBobNutting@tylerwest@Willy Myers@Gwdjohnson@Peacefulrioter

1. Would your player ever consider dying their hair a different colour? How would it look? Or why wouldn't they?

No. My hair is too beautiful to be colored in any way, shape, or form.
2. Is there anything that helps you to get into the routine of remembering to complete your VHL tasks each week?

Not really, I just pay attention to the site.
3. Can you describe the way your player feels when they are on the ice during a match?

Angry and wanting to punish people by hitting them

Not really in there much so can't say
5. What type of boat does your player travel on to get to and from the Ice Rink?

British boat because British

I mean, I was on a winning team to start the season, so I just remember the good times there and try to focus on good individual performance because maybe that carries us to a win
7. If the team were to appear as a cameo on a show, which show would it be and how would the scene go?

I guess it would be on some local Halifax show where we make hockey jokes

I'd choose Weetabix because British.

48 minutes ago, Riley_Couture said:

nUzI3pM.png
Hi everyone, welcome to this week's Halifax 21st Press Conference for the 22nd to the 28th of February. Hope you're all having a nice week. Here are the questions for you to respond to in order to get your 2 TPE, please remember that you only need to answer 6.

@stew2310@charlienhl@Jolline@capogna@MikkoKoskinensMistress@Tbeez99@IHateBobNutting@tylerwest@Willy Myers@Gwdjohnson@Peacefulrioter

1.  I would dye my hair color blue color. 

2. I am just used to doing it every Monday now.

3. My player is just focused and relaxed.

4. Everything in the locker room has been good besides the smell of the hockey gear.

5.  I just use the fairy to get there.

6. All you can do is stay focused on the game plan. Eventually things will come together.

2. Is there anything that helps you to get into the routine of remembering to complete your VHL tasks each week?

- I'm trying to out earn my last player as a goal for this one, so early on that's been motivating me a lot to do more for sure.

- Right now, not very good because he's just starting out. Hopefully it improves 😕

- It's cool and friendly, too bad we missed the playoffs but nice to have a bunch of people I know there already and even people I didn't know before seem cool!
5. What type of boat does your player travel on to get to and from the Ice Rink?

- Easy, canoe. Canoes are the best boat, good exercise and peaceful riding.

- Know that if he keeps working hard he can hopefully be less bad for his actual rookie season!
8. Your player has to sponsor a brand of cereal, which brand do they choose?

- Raisin bran. It's simply the best cereal and I would feel guilty sponsoring any other cereal.

Jurgis has no hair. if he had hair he would not dye it because he is boring.
Nah i just sorta do them and then forget i did them. Usually remember when i check a discord or get pinged by the task ping robot
very scared because jurgis doesn't actually know how to play goalie and is just hoping nobody notices
its very cool, definitely a squad in there thats been built.
canoe so that he can get relaxed and in the zone
remind himself that its everyone's fault but his own
Jurgis would be on a crime show and he'd be the evil bad guy
cookie crisp so jurgis can meet chip the cookie crisp wolf

On 2/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, Riley_Couture said:

nUzI3pM.png

1. I think they might dye it's nothing crazy though.

2. not really I just do my tasks when I have the time.

3. They feel alot of excitement and are ready to fight to the end.

4. it's a present chill place. there's a sense of community between the people in there 

5. a yacht ofc.

6. My player remembers that you have to go through bad to get to the good and right now it's time to work out the kinks so we can do better next season.

AmNOL53o_o.png

Hey 21sters! Here's my first press conference, week of March 1st-March 7th. Hope everyone's doing great and enjoying themselves. Answer 6 questions and get 2 TPE!

1. Our season sadly ended earlier than we would have liked, what will your player be focusing on improving in the offseason?

2. Following up on that, how does your player feel about their performance, and the performance of the team, this last season?

3. If Rory offered to allow the team to spend their training camp on a boat off the coast of Halifax, would you do it?

4. Everyone asks about the pre-game routine, but what about your player's post game routine? Does it change with a loss, or does it stay consistent through wins and losses?

5. The 21st has seen a few management changes lately, first with Rory coming as GM, and now with dren stepping down as AGM, and me filling her spot. How are you feeling about the team's direction and the people leading it?

6. If there was one NHL player, all time, your player could meet, who would it be and why?

7. How do you feel about the recent political revolution Emi has been leading in the Halifax Discord? Who's side are you on?

1. we need to work on Puck handling.

2. my player is really nice and him is cool.

3. I need to  Get my Shooting on net 

4.eat  Healthy

5. It really I can to see who is AGM 

6. Alexander Ovechkin 

7. I am on Gm side 

1. Our season sadly ended earlier than we would have liked, what will your player be focusing on improving in the offseason?

the more offensive aspect of my game; i feel my defensive game is strong but i can work more of my offensive game

2. Following up on that, how does your player feel about their performance, and the performance of the team, this last season?

well i was doing pretty good on mexico city and my numbers definitely took a hit once i was traded here but it wasn't as bad of a drop as i thought it would be

3. If Rory offered to allow the team to spend their training camp on a boat off the coast of Halifax, would you do it?

no, i don't like boats

4. Everyone asks about the pre-game routine, but what about your player's post game routine? Does it change with a loss, or does it stay consistent through wins and losses?

i consistently answer press questions then shower and go home

5. The 21st has seen a few management changes lately, first with Rory coming as GM, and now with dren stepping down as AGM, and me filling her spot. How are you feeling about the team's direction and the people leading it?

honestly i don't even know if i'll be on the team next season nor am i really invested so i can't really answer

6. If there was one NHL player, all time, your player could meet, who would it be and why?

probably brett hull because i heard he's a fun guy, especially when drunk

7. How do you feel about the recent political revolution Emi has been leading in the Halifax Discord? Who's side are you on?

i'm barely even in it so i really don't fucking care

1. Our season sadly ended earlier than we would have liked, what will your player be focusing on improving in the offseason?

- Just being more than a body filling a free spot. Want to be more impactful in games.

- My performance was basically non existent but I think the team did worse than expected :hfxSadge:

- Ya rory prob throws some sick mf wild parties they're prob really cool.

- glowy as cogm? ewwwwwww the 21st is doomed this is awful especially for any french people in or around the team.

- Nicklas Lidstrom because best swedish player all time and someone all dmen look up to.

- I am on board with the revolution I still don't really get what it is but I wanna eat the rich so revolutions sound Pog.

12 hours ago, GlowyGoat said:

AmNOL53o_o.png

Hey 21sters! Here's my first press conference, week of March 1st-March 7th. Hope everyone's doing great and enjoying themselves. Answer 6 questions and get 2 TPE!

4. Everyone asks about the pre-game routine, but what about your player's post game routine? Does it change with a loss, or does it stay consistent through wins and losses?

1. Overall developement in general

2. I think stat-wise I was the best on our team this season, therefore Id say it was a success

3. Definitely, havent been at the coast yet

4. Go home, eat rice and tuna, then sleep

6. Stan Mikita for sure, dude was a beast and this guy would love to learn from him

5. Its for the best, people stepping down often have other stuff in their mind and they cant focus on the team anymore. New people coming in have their own vision of things and I for least am more than open for new sights

18 hours ago, GlowyGoat said:

AmNOL53o_o.png

1. I will improve my cardio, and endurance so I can take longer shifts and try to focus on beinga two way player.

2. We are playing better and starting to find some chemistry.

3. I'm not big on boats so I might just visit.

4. If we lose I'm eating cookies that's all there is to it...lol

5. I think things will work out for the best and we will start winning more consistently.

6. I would love to meet Ryan OReilly.

jurgis is focusing on improving his enviroment by leaving halifax altogether and going up the the vhl

jurgis blames everything on his teams and takes no personal responsibility for his performance or the teams performance

no, jurgis would fall off the boat

as soon as jurgis takes all his sweaty equipment off (or sometimes even without) he goes and passes out for a long time

halifax is a team in the vhlm and you and rory are the gms of halifax, a team in the vhlm, I think that its possible halifax wins the cup. but they could possibly not.

jurgis would like to meet patrick roy and then punch him in the face

im always on both sides of any political revolution.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, GlowyGoat said:

AmNOL53o_o.png

1. I really would like to upgrade defense and skating.

2. it definitely could have been better but my player is trying to not be to hard on himself due to it being it's first season.

3. yes.

4. it really depends on the day and how I am feeling that day.

5. I think that halifax is heading in a good direction and has alot of potential.

6.  probably lindstrom just because he had a great all around game.

7. I don't really know what's happening.

AmNOL53o_o.png

Answer 6 questions and get 2 TPE!

1. The Minors draft is coming up, and it's going to be a big one with us not having a very fleshed out roster right now. What are you hoping we get out of the draft?

2. Rory's given you the option of deciding where team training camp will be held, the only caveat he's given you is that it has to be on a coast, anywhere in the world, where do you pick?

3. As we head towards next season, how are you feeling about it?

4. Is there any player in the draft you'd really like to have on as a teammate?

5. What sports, other than hockey, does your player enjoy?

6. What are your players plans for relaxation in the offseason?

@MikkoKoskinensMistress@Tbeez99@bluesfan55@efiug

1. The Minors draft is coming up, and it's going to be a big one with us not having a very fleshed out roster right now. What are you hoping we get out of the draft?

honestly good players because i would like to not lose a lot this season 

2. Rory's given you the option of deciding where team training camp will be held, the only caveat he's given you is that it has to be on a coast, anywhere in the world, where do you pick?

i would pick the beautiful, scenic british city of stoke

good because i know i'm good

i don't really know anyone in this class so i can't say

football, cricket, croquet, and rugby; all quintissential british sports

pints, sausage, pints, sausage, wheatabix, pints

13 hours ago, GlowyGoat said:

AmNOL53o_o.png

1. I hope we get some active players that make good builds.

2. Actually the coast sounds pretty good to me.

3. I'm sure there will be ups and downs. But we will do our best to win.

4.Just anyone that is friendly and works hard.

5. My player also likes playing baseball and volleyball for fun.

6. I'm just going relax and then train hard when I can. 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:02 PM, GlowyGoat said:

AmNOL53o_o.png

1. Active players

2. coast of france

3. I'm feeling very confident and excited to play.

4. I mean I'm in the draft so take me 😛

5. Football and lacrosse

6. Enjoy time with family and friends. Eat some good food and just chill.

1. The Minors draft is coming up, and it's going to be a big one with us not having a very fleshed out roster right now. What are you hoping we get out of the draft?

-I mean, getting me would be pretty cool I guess...

-Portugal, we train right on the mf Atlantic. They also have the cheapest alcohol I've ever seen.

-Good! Just trying to keep earning steadily and hope I'm solid for whoever takes me.

-No clue tbh. Don't recognize anyone from the draft last time I checked except I know enigmatic is in shl, so I guess her? Lmao

5. What sports, other than hockey, does your player enjoy?

-Soccer, fütbol. Practices all the time

-Watching an unhealthy amount of Netflix

me

Charleston, SC

Good

me

Baseball

see above question

AmNOL53o_o.png

Hey team! First press conference after the draft! Exciting, isn't it? Answer 6 questions for 2TPE, remember that you only need to answer 6!

1. We just had the VHLM draft, seeing our roster restocked with faces, some new, some returning. How do you feel about our draft results?

2. Building off of this, how do you feel about our chances next season?

3. We filled some holes in the draft and some in free agency, but is there anything you think we obviously missed?

4. New players! Are you enjoying your time on the 21st so far? Returning players, are you enjoying how much more active the locker room has become?

5. Rory agrees to give every active member of the 21st a boat as a signing bonus, what kind of boat do you get and what do you do with it?

6. Last season saw a lot of management changes, but how do you think it turned out overall? New players, are you excited to be here? Returning players, are you happy you stuck around?

7. The 21st offer you a scholarship to go back to school in case hockey doesn't work out, what do you do with it?

8. I'll ask this after every VHLM draft because it's the single most recurring question in the league but it works for new players; What's your pregame ritual?

1. We just had the VHLM draft, seeing our roster restocked with faces, some new, some returning. How do you feel about our draft results?

i feel good about our results since we got bodies in

we are making the playoffs because i will drag us to them

3. We filled some holes in the draft and some in free agency, but is there anything you think we obviously missed?

no i do not, i think we have filled all of the holes

5. Rory agrees to give every active member of the 21st a boat as a signing bonus, what kind of boat do you get and what do you do with it?

i get no boat due to my phobia of boats

6. Last season saw a lot of management changes, but how do you think it turned out overall? New players, are you excited to be here? Returning players, are you happy you stuck around?

we'll find out when the season happens

7. The 21st offer you a scholarship to go back to school in case hockey doesn't work out, what do you do with it?

i take it, learn things, then become genius guy

8. I'll ask this after every VHLM draft because it's the single most recurring question in the league but it works for new players; What's your pregame ritual?

i eat wheetabix and sausage to get in the mood

4 hours ago, GlowyGoat said:

I'm very excited to have been picked up just after the draft. I don't know who was drafted but I've been to a practice and everyone seemed really, quite good. 

I don't really know. I'm a new player so it's hard for me to say. Everyone seems really good though. I really hope we do very well!

4. New players! Are you enjoying your time on the 21st so far? Returning players, are you enjoying how much more active the locker room has become?

I'm very happy to be here! It's so wonderful to be a part of a VHLM organization as storied and wonderful as Halifax. I hope that I can help in my own way to do whatever I can for the team.

WOW. My own boat? I don't need much, just a nice little houseboat will do. I'd love to live near the water. The waterfront is one of the best places for me to perform and I think I'd very much like to have that.

I would study music of course! I would love to learn about all kind of music I've never heard before! 

I hadn't thought of this! I think I'll start one! Maybe I'll have a performance before every game, I'll perform one song for the locker room if they like!