Chance Matthews Rookie Profile [1/2]

9564603_web1_croppedap_173077617690212017115151620589.thumb.jpg.a8bca406a61419e8d01fbe19ad45c446.jpg

Chance Matthews - Center

Birthdate: 11/15/1999

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 210 lbs

Hometown: Seattle, WA

Chance Matthews is an American player with youth league, high school, and junior association experience. His most recent professional experience comes from a two year stint with the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League. In his first year with the team they got to the final but fell just short of winning the Ed Chynoweth cup. Matthews centered the third line for the team and his line saw an average of 13.5 minutes per game. In High School Chance centered the first line and saw an average of 30 minutes per game and his team the Omaha Central High School Eagles got to the state semi-finals. In the high school season Chance recorded 25 assists and 3 goals across 25 games.

Strengths

• Passing: Passing is by far Matthews' biggest strength. His passes are accurate, but not excessively flashy. Through his first 10 games with the Seattle Thunderbirds Matthews recorded 8 assists and his third line lead the team in point production. By the end of the regular season he had recorded 70 assists through 72 games. Matthews rarely is focused on the net, more often than not looking for his other players instead. Compared to the previous year the goals from assists of the forward's Matthews played with went up 17%
  • Face-Offs: Matthews is a very good face-off center. At the end of the WHL regular season he was fifth in the league for FO win % with 54.9%. He has quick reaction timing off the puck drop and is good at locking up the opposing center's stick. When winning the puck out of the face-off Chance quickly moves the puck up the ice into the opposing third.
  • Skating: While not the strongest skater by a long shot, Matthews is extremely slippery on the ice and is good at avoiding checks and hits. Compared to his first game in the WHL Matthews' skating speed has improved noticeably. Further improvement is to be expected. Chance is more of a finesse skater than a speed skater.

Weaknesses

• Scoring: Chance Matthews is not a strong scoring option. Throughout the regular season of the WHL he only recorded 20 goals through 72 games. He rarely shoots the puck. If a crucial goal is needed then you don't want Chance to be the one taking the shot. 
  • Defense: Defense is lacking due to skill not physicality. With time he could develop a defensive skillset, but currently he is not a reliable option to stop the opposing offense. Because of his size he's slow to intercept players and his defensive positioning is not at the level to make up for the lack of mobility on the defensive end. 
  • Penalties: Matthews attempted 4 penalty shots during the WHL season and scored on only 1 of them. Matthews should avoid the penalty situation as much as possible. He has a hard time getting around the goalie in a 1v1 scoring situation.
Edited by DaftRaincloud

@DaftRaincloud just a heads up

- Basic information such as your players age, height, weight, hometown, etc. should be included. Rookie Profiles should be, at minimum, 500 words in total. 

- Should include at least 3 solid pros (strengths) and 3 solid cons (weaknesses). The pros and cons section is the core of the rookie profile and should be around 350-400 words at minimum. 

Just now, Da Trifecta said:

- Basic information such as your players age, height, weight, hometown, etc. should be included. Rookie Profiles should be, at minimum, 500 words in total. 

- Should include at least 3 solid pros (strengths) and 3 solid cons (weaknesses). The pros and cons section is the core of the rookie profile and should be around 350-400 words at minimum. 

I do have those things at the top underneath my player photo. Can I edit the post and resubmit it for TPE?

Just now, DaftRaincloud said:

I do have those things at the top underneath my player photo. Can I edit the post and resubmit it for TPE?

Yeah, you don't have to submit a new one, just edit the one you have until you reach the milestones required!

3 hours ago, Trifecta said:

@DaftRaincloud This was what I was referencing to

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Chance Matthews Rookie Profile [1/2]