VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1) There were a lot of big trades this week; Sidney Crosby to Las Vegas, Ryan Kastelic to Ottawa and Dylan Nguyen and Ryuu Crimson to HFX. Which of these do you think will be the most significant trade? Ryuu Crimson in my opinion is going to be a fantastic player who can produce. 

2) If you were a GM, and you held the number one pick in the draft, which Season 63 Draft Prospect would you select? Tzuyu is currently playing the best hockey in my opinion. You can't go wrong with the first player ranked.

3) We're now halfway through the season, is your team higher, lower or about what you expected in the league standings?  I think its really higher than I expected. We are a expansion team and the team is just clicking right now and we re looking for a deep run this season.

4) The World Juniors rosters have been announced; 

a) (If you made a team) Who do you think is going to be the star player for your roster?  I think Mackinnon is going to surprise everyone but I think Weekes will steal the show for the team.

b) (If you didn't make a team) Which team do you consider the favourites for the tournament? 

5) In regards to your player and his attributes, what's the one area you plan to improve the most between now and the end of the VHLM season? Looking to upgrade puck handling and strength to find does open area and start producing more.

6) I set up a new account @Uncapped TPE Opportunity that's been tagging members for new uncapped TPE opportunities, has this been useful to you at all? Yes very usefull

54 minutes ago, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF @bdu754 @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @Steveziedoesit @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169  @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon   @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony

@DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip  @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama

@Joubo @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @ADV @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

1) There were a lot of big trades this week; Sidney Crosby to Las Vegas, Ryan Kastelic to Ottawa and Dylan Nguyen and Ryuu Crimson to HFX. Which of these do you think will be the most significant trade?

A bit biased but I think Sidney Crosby is what the aces needed to propel them to a deep playoff run. Kastelic has also gone from one dominant d pairing to arguably the best in the league. 

2) If you were a GM, and you held the number one pick in the draft, which Season 63 Draft Prospect would you select?

It would depend on what you need but Macworld and Kastelic are both up there I. Tpe and are very active so I would take one of them. 

3) We're now halfway through the season, is your team higher, lower or about what you expected in the league standings?

Well I got traded so I’m still new to the team but overall I am very happy with how our team is performing at the moment. 

4) The World Juniors rosters have been announced;

a) (If you made a team) Who do you think is going to be the star player for your roster?

Dan Montgomery our starting center is going to turn heads for team USA this wjc. 

5) In regards to your player and his attributes, what's the one area you plan to improve the most between now and the end of the VHLM season?

I’m hoping to get my passing up and then I’ am going to work on my checking. I’ll work on fighting once I get to the league :)

6) I set up a new account @Uncapped TPE Opportunity that's been tagging members for new uncapped TPE opportunities, has this been useful to you at all?

It hasn’t helped me yet but I would reckon it will In The future!

1 hour ago, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Some more questions for this week

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences).

1) There were a lot of big trades this week; Sidney Crosby to Las Vegas, Ryan Kastelic to Ottawa and Dylan Nguyen and Ryuu Crimson to HFX. Which of these do you think will be the most significant trade?

2) If you were a GM, and you held the number one pick in the draft, which Season 63 Draft Prospect would you select?

3) We're now halfway through the season, is your team higher, lower or about what you expected in the league standings?

a) (If you made a team) Who do you think is going to be the star player for your roster?

b) (If you didn't make a team) Which team do you consider the favourites for the tournament?

5) In regards to your player and his attributes, what's the one area you plan to improve the most between now and the end of the VHLM season?

6) I set up a new account @Uncapped TPE Opportunity that's been tagging members for new uncapped TPE opportunities, has this been useful to you at all?

1. I won't be biased here, and even though Crimson and Nguyen to HFX is big, Kastelic to OTT really bolsters the team and fills a hole they needed to really compete with LVA and HFX

2. Probably Tzuyu, Kastelic or Mertz. Tzuyu is a god, Kastelic is shutdown, and Mertz is a potential HOF goalie. all solid choices

3. I gotta be honest, HFX is doing way better than I thought. Even as the GM of the team I didn't think we'd be this good

4. a) Gotta be the goalies man. Both amazing. Plus our first line for USA is looking pretty damn good so we'll see

5. I'm capped so I can't upgrade much but I wanna see my player take home Dman of the year so that's in my eyes

6. I haven't checked it out but I9 will now. Cheers!

3 hours ago, Tagger said:

1) Crosby to LVA, the kids insane and he put up huge numbers in YUKON, imagine what he’ll do in Vegas.

2) There’s too many variables to consider, but assuming no specific needs I would take Kastelic.

3) Higher, I expected to do as well as expansion franchises are supposed to, which isn’t good. It’s crazy to be first in the league.

4) Me obviously, but seriously we have Ryan Kastelic, a cut from the euro roster who is second overall in the most recent draft class, I’d say he’s gonna be a standout player.

5) Rebound Control, that’s a shaky spot for me.

6) Tagger we’re not supposed to have multis come on now. It’s been pretty helpful I’ve just been busy lately to do the activities.

4 hours ago, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF @bdu754 @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @Steveziedoesit @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169  @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon   @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony

@DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip  @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@Joubo @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @ADV @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences).

sidney crosby and Ryan kastelic will impact both teams

Tzuyu by far would be my choose as a gm.

3) We're now halfway through the season, is your team higher, lower or about what you expected in the league standing?

ottawa lynx are doing very well this season sitting in third place.

Hard to choose who's going to be the star player. I just hope we all play as a great team

Team Canada

To improve more into goal scoring.

It has been, thank you

CROSBY TO VEGAS. CROSBY IS GREAT. MOUNTAIN IS VERY GLAD HE CAN PROTECT CROSBY INSTEAD OF CRUSHING HIM.

MOUNTAIN IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE. MOUNTAIN WILL DESTROY YOUR DREAMS IF YOU DO NOT.

MOUNTAIN IS NOT CONCERNED WITH SUCH THINGS. EVERY RACE IS A JOURNEY. NO ONE WINS AT THE HALFWAY MARK.

MOUNTAIN DOES NOT WISH TO TALK ABOUT THE FOOLISHNESS OF NOT BEING SELECTED TO REPRESENT THE PEOPLE OF FOON.

MOUNTAIN MUST GROW STRONGER. HAVE BEEN PASSING PRETTY GOOD THOUGH.

MOUNTAIN IS PLEASED.

9 hours ago, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@DonaldJWafer @Symmetrik

1) Definitely Sidney Crosby, he's going to a great team with a lot of good complimentary pieces. This might be the piece needed to push the Aces into the first place spot.

2) I would select Julian Borwinn with the first overall pick. a solid point getting LW and he is one of the most active players in the league.

3) The Aces are lower than I thought they would be. However as they are a new team they are playing very well and have a good chance of challenging for the Cup.

4b) Team Canada for sure, they have some of the best players in the league. High quality forwards and D-men. I look forward to an all out war in this tournament.

5) I want to grow in both puck handling and defense. The better I am away from the puck the more my teammates can focus on putting the puck in the opposing players net.

6) This has been very helpful. It keeps me on track and the notification reminds me I got to be the best I can be for my team.

Halifax is getting two good players in Nguyen and Crimson, I'm a little sad to lose one of my linemates in this trade (Crimson) and I think now Halifax is a contender and Crimson will find better linemates in halifax.

Maybe Ryan Kastelic. I like big and physical dmen and Tzuyu is too small and soft.

Pretty much lower and now we just traded Nguyen and Crimson so we'll be even more lower.

It seems I didn't made Team Europe's roster but I'm eligible for this team. I don't know any of them but Rauno Palo could be the star player on Team Europe. He's the center with the most TPE so he'll probably play on the top line.

I need to improve everything. xD It seems I'm gonna be a 3rd or 4th liner in the future so maybe I'm gonna improve my defense. Every team needs a defensive forward or two.

Yeah it's been usefull. When I get messages from this account, I know it's for uncapped tpe opportunities.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@DonaldJWafer

1. The three trades are actually huge for their resptective team, I think. We've been on a roll since Kastelic joined us. We were giving up a lot of shots and Kriketers had a bad stint, so that he can come like that, and help me shutdown the opposing top lines while Baxter and Rasputinov are scoring like there is no tomorrow, it helps us big time. Halifax' two acquisitions gives them a nice depth too.

2. I think it's either Kastelic or Borwinn. Any team with a spot in one of their top 2 pairings can draft Kastelic and their defensive squad would be greatly improved starting next season and Borwinn leads the VHLM in goals if I'm not mistaken, if he can replicate it in the VHL, he will be worth.

3. We thought we had a shot at running away with the Cup from day one so, obviously, not being first right now is kind of a disappointment, but we are catching up so it is fine.

4a. Team World's offense is lacking starpower so I'm gonna go ahead and say the stars the team will be on the backend. We're expecting big things from Mertz, we know he can deliver.

5. I've been hitting the gym a lot lately and I think it is starting to show. I'm trying to gain brute strength, so my hits are even more deadly than before.

6. I think the only time you tagged me with it,  I had already participated, but yeah, it is a good idea!

On 9/1/2018 at 9:39 AM, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@DonaldJWafer @Symmetrik

1. kastelic to Ottawa  was huge. If Ottawa had a weakness that needed filling it was on the back end. His arrival has shored up a shoddy penalty  kill and dropped the goals against in a huge way.  Look out Halifax 

2. If I were a GM I'd choose Tzyuu. Defense is so important and if you can get offense from the back end you get 2 birds stoned at once

3. Ottawa is lower than expected.  We built up for a strong contender and haven't played to our capabilities yet. We've started to play better as of late though. So I still have faith in the team.

4. I made team Canada.  Leph Twinger is going to be the big star on our team and will be in the running for best player in the tournament. If we want to compete with Europe Twinger has to play at an MVP level

5. I haven't upgraded my defense at all so probably should do that to make my player more attractive to teams in the draft.

6. Its a great idea.  I'm always looking for different ways to score tpe and an account like that is a definite follow

In all honesty, in my opinion, the most significant would be Nguyen and Crimson. Halifax just keeps getting better and this expansion team is now a really strong contender for the cup.

2) If you were a GM, and you held the number one pick in the draft, which Season 63 Draft Prospect would you select?

I think I would go for Ryan Kastelic, he seems to be earning TPE at an insane rate and seems like he will do great things for the future. In all honesty, if he does not get drafted first, I will be pretty shocked.

I did not think my team would be as down as we are now, I was hoping to do more for my team to help them defend the title. Although, it is still only halfway through the season and I am sure we can bounce back from this rough start. 

4) The World Juniors rosters have been announced;

I know this is not just one player but I can easily see Crimson, Kovalev, and Kovalchuck doing amazing for our team as we look like strong competitors for this thing.

Seeing as my player can kind of score but does more of passing, I want to help my team score in general as we kind of lack in that department. I will try to imrove my scoring for the most part.

Just seen this, hopefully I can use this and will most likely definitely help me thank you!

On 9/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, Tagger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@DonaldJWafer @Symmetrik

1. Obvs Kastelic to Ottawa ?  but in all honesty, the Lynx have been on an absolute tear since I moved there. My point production may have taken a massive hit, but just having two really solid D pairings to run has lead to Ottawa going 8-1-1 in our last ten, with 41 goals for and only 16 goals against  in that spread. Just check out the power rankings.

2. I abstain ?

4. a) I think you could pick out any of the four Team World defensemen. We were all cut from Team Europe (of which I am actually a GM) but constitute what is probably still the second best D core in the tournament.

5. Well I've just hit the 200 TPA cap, sooooo nothing I guess? I'll be figuring out where I'll be putting my last 11 TPE shortly, but I think VHL GMs already have a pretty good idea of what kind of build I'm putting together.

Reveal hidden contents

@DonaldJWafer @Symmetrik

Sidney Crosby to Vegas was da best.

Hands down scott shawinganen or enamorama cause hes a tpe whore, but im chill af

we are where i thought we'd be

Me, duh.

SK and PH and maybe SC and DF

I haven't been tagged yet?

1) I feel like Halifax won this trade, given where they are in the standings I'd say it was a pretty good deal for them. 

2) If I had the first overall pick I'd select Scott Shawinganen, he seems to have a strong work ethic and desire to be better. 

3) Unfortunately I am still a free agent, but I'm hoping I can help the team I sign with become even better! 

4b) Well, I didn't quite make the rosters, but being a patriotic Canadian I'm rooting for my home country! Go Canada Go! 

5) I'd like to keep working on my offensive abilities, mixed with a little bit of skating improvements here and there as well. 

6) I've only just started, so it hasn't tagged me for any opportunities just yet, but I'm excited to see what it offers! 

1) We're now a few games into the regular season, what are your thoughts on how your team has done to this point of the season? He wasn't been performing a lot but he is really happy to be on a winning team.

2) What are your thoughts on your own performances? Im not happy with my performance as of late but I've have to play harder and not be afraid to get into those dirty areas.

3) What's been your favourite game to this point of the season? I think playing against Yukon because that is one of the teams that really was pushing to sign me.

4) With the World Juniors being announced to return this season, how excited are you at the prospect of potentially representing your country? Very happy to be representing team Canada and just being a part of a tournament which you the player represent your country is just amazing.

5) We're currently working on creating a more up to date video tutorial to help people around the site, if there's anything you're currently unclear of or something that took you a while to pick up that you'd like to see mentioned in the tutorial, what would it be? Yes to show where the games are at and being able to understand all of those criterias in the link. I had lots of trouble at the beginning of the season finding it.

6) I do a tag for you when I post new press conference questions, would you like that whenever a new point task opportunity arises? Yes

1. The Group Stage of the World Juniors has concluded and we are now into the WJ Playoffs, during the Group Stage, did your country meet expectations or did your team perform better/worse than expected?

2. With our last three recruits, we now have 113 players entering the S63 VHL Draft, 47 of which have accrued and added TPE to their player. Is there any player in that draft class that you could see being a potential late round steal?

3. 24 points ahead of the competition, it looks like Von Moltke might have the Ethan Osbourne Trophy for most points in the bag already, but if anyone was capable of catching him, who do you think it would be?

4. Is there any VHLM player this season that's surprised you by how good they've been?

5. The VHL has turned up a number of surprising individual performances this season, and a number of VHL records that have lasted over 50 seasons are under threat! Out of interest, how much attention do you pay to the VHL as a player currently in the VHLM?

6. I've started adding hints to the answers to the VHL Trivia questions at the end of the VHLM Newsletter. Have you used these and if so, have they proven helpful?

Spoiler

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF @bdu754 @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @Fizzwidget @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@Caleb Snoe @JR0B13 @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

Edited by Tagger

20 minutes ago, Tagger said:

The Group Stage of the World Juniors has concluded and we are now into the WJ Playoffs, during the Group Stage, did your country meet expectations or did your team perform better/worse than expected? I'm proud of the USA this year, they've done  stellar job!

2. With our last three recruits, we now have 113 players entering the S63 VHL Draft, 47 of which have accrued and added TPE to their player. Is there any player in that draft class that you could see being a potential late round steal? Rhett Stoffiday, all day. He may be a sleeper right now, but he's a strong goalie with a lot of play time and is getting better everyday!

3. 24 points ahead of the competition, it looks like Von Moltke might have the Ethan Osbourne Trophy for most points in the bag already, but if anyone was capable of catching him, who do you think it would be? Lordy. I don't know. Maybe Podrick Cast? He's a killer player.

4. Is there any VHLM player this season that's surprised you by how good they've been? Probably my favorite player in the VHLM right now is Alex Pepper. He's out there showing us other goalies how it's done, and I'm proud of him!

5. The VHL has turned up a number of surprising individual performances this season, and a number of VHL records that have lasted over 50 seasons are under threat! Out of interest, how much attention do you pay to the VHL as a player currently in the VHLM? As a hockey fan, I love watching both leagues play. and am a big fan of watching records get broken! I have to say, however, that currently I am most watching the VHLM, because that's where the action is at! :)

6. I've started adding hints to the answers to the VHL Trivia questions at the end of the VHLM Newsletter. Have you used these and if so, have they proven helpful? I've not used them personally. but I love reading the newsletter!

29 minutes ago, Tagger said:

1. The Group Stage of the World Juniors has concluded and we are now into the WJ Playoffs, during the Group Stage, did your country meet expectations or did your team perform better/worse than expected?

2. With our last three recruits, we now have 113 players entering the S63 VHL Draft, 47 of which have accrued and added TPE to their player. Is there any player in that draft class that you could see being a potential late round steal?

3. 24 points ahead of the competition, it looks like Von Moltke might have the Ethan Osbourne Trophy for most points in the bag already, but if anyone was capable of catching him, who do you think it would be?

4. Is there any VHLM player this season that's surprised you by how good they've been?

5. The VHL has turned up a number of surprising individual performances this season, and a number of VHL records that have lasted over 50 seasons are under threat! Out of interest, how much attention do you pay to the VHL as a player currently in the VHLM?

6. I've started adding hints to the answers to the VHL Trivia questions at the end of the VHLM Newsletter. Have you used these and if so, have they proven helpful?

Reveal hidden contents

1. USA is doing about how I expected, a middle of the pack team

2. Uh not sure but I know a few Halifax guys like Toby Fitzgerald, King Gow, Lars Tommernes and Juri Rykonen could all be steals

3. Well not to brag but my own player has the best shot at reaching KVM just because we play on the same line and im second behind him in points

4. Again, myself. Shawn Glade is a defenceman playing on the second pairing yet he's got 60 points this season in ~50 games

5. Not a ton yet, but next season I'll be in the VHL so I might pay attention more :P

6. I wish I could say they're useful but my VHL GM posts answers aswell :P

23 minutes ago, Tagger said:

3-5 for team USA isnt very impressive. I think we can turn it around in the elim rounds and battle it out for a medal!

the Rush GK Rhett Stoffiday has been putting in work and i think with some increased activity he can come into the leageue and be a stud in a few seasons.

Julian Borwinn has been on fire lately and although i think its unlikely Von Moltke gets caught, Borwinn has the best shot at catchin up.

Mountain thunderfist has been consistently on the points leaderboards with only 92 tpe. he has been shocking the world from the dman position.

I havent paid too much attention because i has been trying to get a firm grip of how everthing works out as i am a first gen bu i have been looking at potential teams that i will land at in the draft.

YESSSS you are a god haha

I think I'm eligible to be on team Europe and it's hard to tell because I don't find the standings. And I'm not on the team roster so I didn't really have any expectations for this.

Rylan Pearce. He's new this week and already have 55 tpe. If he keeps writing stuff, he could be a steal. I'm trying to catch up with Jessy Thomas and Joey Boucher (6th ranked RW) but Pearce could catch me up before I catch them up.

Maybe Shawn Glade or Tzuyu. The players Halifax acquired from Sask will help them racking up points.

Magnus Backlund on Sask. Still at 30 TPE he's 2nd on the team with points and 1st in assists.

Honestly I don't really pay attention to the VHL. Maybe I should cuz I'll be drafted soon. I think next season when I'll be drafted and if I'm sent down to the VHLM, I'll care about my VHL team but actually I don't follow this league.

I'm too lazy to find the trivia questions and answer them. Sorry, it's not the best answer to give to this question. :D

Edited by nicolas01
grammar mistake

3 hours ago, Tagger said:

Team canada has done very well for the first round robin. I expected Team canada to make it to the finals.

I don't see just one player making a late round steal, I do see lots of players that will.

I don't think anyone will catch up to him but shaun glade or roctrion king or even tzuyu can.

shaun glade,kvm,tzuyu have all been surprised on how well they been

Since I was trade to the New York Americans I've been keeping a eye out on the Vhl

I haven't used it yet but yes they are helpful.

Reveal hidden contents

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF @bdu754 @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @Fizzwidget @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@Caleb Snoe @JR0B13 @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

On 9/8/2018 at 1:09 PM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Team World definitely did not live up to my expectations. 2 wins in 8 games is not how I expected them to fare. I wonder how the team would have played if I had made the team.

2. I think I might be the steal of the draft, I know I won't be taken in the first few rounds but I feel like I'm going to fill a defensive niche on any team. If given the chance to play with more offensive linemates I know that we will excel.

3. Julian Borwinn has the skill to compete for the trophy. Las Vegas is a solid team and the right line combinations are essential in allowing him to reach his potential.

4. Cole Mertz has been insane in net for Halifax. Having such a strong starter is the main reason they are leading the league.

5. Honestly, I check scores and standings of the VHL on occasion, but my focus has been the VHML. If I get drafted my focus will turn to the VHL.

6. I saw the hints this week after I had found the aswers to my questions. Knowing that there will be hints helps, but I enjoy the fun in looking up the answers, or engaging other players for their knowledge.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:09 AM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I was a little surprised to be selected for Team Europe but at the same time it was an honor. We didn't perform as well as I hoped and were just knocked out in the quarter finals by Team World. At least I scored my first goal though!

2. I'm not really sure about late round steals to be honest, as I've been trying to focus on myself and improve as much as I can. I am sure someone will rise up and make the GM's take notice....there is always someone.

3. If anyone can, which is highly doubtful, it may be Borwinn. Seems the only player even remotely capable of challenging Von Moltke at this stage.

4. Shawn Glade. His play so far has been really good from the blue line.

5. As mentioned previously, I've been focusing on myself and Ottawa and ways to improve this season. The VHL is a dream right now and I'm just hoping to play well enough and develop my attributes so that one of the VHL franchises deems me worthy of being a selection come draft time.

6. Sometimes I need assistance but for the majority of the time, I try to answer using my own research. I wouldn't hesitate to check out your help if I was really stuck though....assistance is always appreciated!