VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

This is a thread designed to help newer members and players get the full 2 TPE out of Press Conferences if they haven't received enough questions and will be updated with new questions every Saturday. If you answer 6 of these questions, you will receive 2 TPE.

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do not grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned)

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Spoiler

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

Edited by Tagger

1) The league is very friendly and I have had a lot of help and that what makes it so great!

2) No, everything seems fine right now. If I see any problems I will reach out to staff members.

3) To be completely honest I did not read it yet. You mentioned it so I am going to look into it.

4) Making great line mates and getting chemistry. Also trying to help the team getting to the cup and winning the trophy.

5) Halifax (Not biased at all ;))

6b) I feel like management is very friendly and is willing to build a great core here in Halifax. I am very happy to play here and meet new guys.

2 hours ago, Tagger said:

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

I have felt very welcomed in my new role on the Yukon Rush and all of the GMs have been very friendly. Overall its been a great experieicne so far and I look forward to the first game of the season.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

I dont really have much experience right now but one thing i would like to see changed is having a more concrete schedule. for example the draft was moved up 3 days.

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

Havent read it yet as ive been busy trying to figure it all out. i will give it a read over the weekend.

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Yukon Rush or die!

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

I am very excited to start the season with the Rush. I was happy with the role I was offered and look forward to avenge last season fallout.

1) The league is very friendly, if you have any questions someone always there to help you out.

2) Dont't have enough experience right now to say things to improve. Everything looks fine.

3) No, I did not read it, did not have the time, will read it probably today.

4) Winning all with my team.

5) I heard Ottawa will be pretty good!

6b) Very excited to be part of this this, they had a great draft this year. Can't wait to help them win this year.

1) The league is really cool! I'm excited to be apart of it.

2) No, I do not see any areas that need improvement. 

3) No, I have not read it yet, but I'll definitely check it out.

4)  My goal in the VHLM is to impress everybody.

5) I think Halifax will win the Cup.

6a) I don't think there is any particular player I'm looking forward to playing with. 

6b)  I think it's a great atmosphere and I'm really excited to be apart of it.

1) Its been great everyone has been really welcoming and i already feel apart of the league.

2) Not currently, I think the league is moving in the right direction.

3) Yes, It helped me out to learn more about how the league works and how i can better myself

4) To be the Best Dman in the league

5) Las Vegas Ace's Better win it all baby.

6b) LAS VEGAS HERE I COME!!!!

The league is extremely active, I was going to play NCAA in Boston, but am looking forward to what the GM in Vegas is doing. I am looking to prove my skills from the O last year and see if I can push for a high draft slot in the upcoming Draft.

The league has a fantastic presence, the forum is a bit clunky for my young (18 year old) self, I guess once one knows the in's and outs of things, it'll be easy to move forward, I just need to get my footing!

I read the news letter, aside from formatting, the content was very helpful, some of the links were dead via my mobile, but I got the jist of things for sure.

I want to finish with a strong season and be drafted mid 1st round, I'd like to make the postseason with my club and grow my skills as centermen.

I really like what we have going on in Vegas, if we can find a RW to play along side our top line, I think we really have a chance, I have faith in our goal tending, coach, and management, and of course my self.

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

-Julian Borwinn, Alex Peppers, and the rest of the rookies on the squad.

The league is cool, and pretty much different from Goal line blitz which sucks. Honestly I wonder if I can keep up with writing a 450 words text every week but it shouldn't be too difficult.

I just discovered the league yesterday, so I don't know much. maybe improve the VHLM section cuz it seems it's all about the VHL and just a little section for the VHLM. Also on the website portal I don't find anything about the VHLM. It's the first league newbies sees and joins so it needs to be more visible.

Yep I read it, disappointed that I missed the draft but I'm glad that I'm on the list for the 63rd season draft. And yes it was really helpful on how to train and get better.

I hope to play on the top line and, like any player, win the cup with my team.

I don't really know much about the VHLM teams but Ottawa offered me a contract and said I'd be playing on the 3rd line, so they looks like to be stacked.

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Maybe a power forward who can score goals and hopefully good enough defensively. As a forward, I need to be responsible defensively.

1) I have always thought of this league as one of the best. Very great group of guys. Excellent activity.

2) More LIVE streaming of drafts, free agency, lottery, etc

3) I happened to read it today (just got it) and it is very helpful for the new members (or guys that disappeared and reappeared like myself lol)

4) I want to be successful but make my team and teammates around me better too.

5) Saskatoon

6b) I'm excited to be a part of Saskatoon and going to get the opportunity to play with an excellent winger. I hope I can help this team win!

On 8/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

1. Runs fairly smoothly, most of the active players are easy to contact whenever help or advice is needed. I have noticed some miscommunication among the higher ups, however.

2. The new player help forum needs updating for sure. The newsletter that you put together is helpful for sure but there shouldn't be false or out of date information in official help threads.

3. I read it, I liked it, and it helped me. I had already tredged through the forum to find most of what you said but it did remind me about the banner contest.

4. TPE farming. Like constantly.

5. Knowing absolutely nothing about how this league works I'm going to say the Rush because I'm on it. ezpz

6b. Barzal has been welcoming and super easy to talk to. Our recent FA pickup Sid is a nice and cooperative guy too, but I haven't talked to any of my other teammates yet.

I'm hooked. The community is great, there are always new updates/media spots/graphics etc.

The VHL and VHLM index pages appear to be quite outdated. Perhaps those could use a refresh.

This was the most helpful article I have read since joining. Assisted me greatly with getting off to such a hot start earning TPE.

Hit the 175 TPE max allowed for a VHLM player and get drafted in the first round of the VHL entry draft.

As the Assistant GM of Las Vegas, we are hoping to get this club back on the map and contend for a championship while assisting members with remaining active.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favorite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Go Vegas! No bias I swear.

We have a solid core of forwards and d-men along with an up and coming star in net. All the recipes for a successful season.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tagger said:

1) The community is great, be it on the forum or on the Discord server. I've already talked about that a couple of times, both globally and specifically with the involved people, but I'm going to say it again out loud again; all you veterans are so understanding and helpful towards us rookies, it makes things so much easier and makes the whole experience so much better as a result. Thanks a lot, you guys!

2) @ColeMrtz21 actually did a VHL.com article about it yesterday. We were talking about it on the Discord Server and we both agreed that 4 points for Welfare seemed a bit much. You can still reach the 12 TPE cap without having to do that one big chore worth 6 TPE. But hey, I'm still full of energy and I love writing stuff, maybe when we talk about it again in a couple months, I'll be glad there's an easy to get some TPE instead of doing homeworks for the league.

3) It was really helpful. Really helped guiding me to the resource sections on the forum, where all my questions could be answered.

4) Goal has 3 parts. (1) Reach the 12 TPE cap every week of the season. (2) Earn a buttload of TPE and progress as a player. (3) Help my team win the VHLM Founder's Cup.

5) I definitely consider the Ottawa Lynx to be the team to beat right now. We got so many impressive players right now on the roster, and each of them got at least some tasks done. Some more than others, obviously, but still. We got a solid goaltender in Kriketers, the goalie with most TPE available in the last draft. Our defensive squad is absolutely crazy. Baxter, myself, Rasputinov, Renner. I see 3 of them hitting the 175 TPA cap before the end of the season, myself included. Then we got a deep center line with a couple of impressive wingers too. Andrianopoulos, James, Odinsson, Matthews, Desjardin, Mitchell. Yes, definitely, we are the team to beat.

6b) Oh. See answer to question 5 I guess. Plus, I'm going to add that GM knows what he's doing. He got each one of us a specific role to play, and we're going to do just fine with him at the helm!

1) Love the community so far, seems to be very active and friendly! I'm new, but was welcomed by everyone!

2) Looks great so far! Quite a bit of info to go through, but that's part of the learning process, and everyone's been really helpful.

3) Sure was! Had a lot of helpful links, and I'll continue to go back to it as needed.

4) Max out on weekly TPE, continue to progress as a player, win the Founder's Cup with the Wild!

5) Saskatoon Wild are gonna take it! :D

6b) Think we're set to compete! Looking to contribute as best as I can!

Some more questions for this week

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences).

1) The VHLM Regular Season is set to start today, what's the one thing you're most looking forward to seeing?

2) From the guys on your team, who do you think is the most under-rated?

3) What are your thoughts on the current competition within the team for places at your position?

4) What do you think of your team's locker room forum? Anything you'd like to see added to it?

5) From the time that you've been here, what's the first piece of advice you would give to a new member joining the league? 

6a) Having already spent time last season in the VHLM, would you say this current team is better or worse than the one you were on last season (If you aren't in S63 Draft Class)

6b) Since the last questions, we launched a TPE tracker to allow you to see how well you're earning TPE against other players in the S63 Draft Class. Where do you expect to be on those rankings come draft day? (If you are in the S63 Draft)

Spoiler

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud  @oilmandan @ChaceT  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip  @Romaris @evrydayimbyfuglien @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @eaglesfan036 @Frank @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @Jtww @canucksHD @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77 @Gravyncarrots

Edited by Tagger

1) Looking Forward to winning the Flounders cup

2)I don't think anyone is under rated on the team I'm currently on since most have just started on there first team.

3) I don't have a problem with my current position but if my GM prefers to let someone else move up I'm more the willing to let them try it.

4)I like the team forum. Nothing to really add in it.

5)The advice I would give is have fun and don't sweat it to much about not making that much tpe. You will get up there.

6) Since I was on a stacked Yukon team last year and now moved to Ottawa lynx I really think that this team will be better then my previous team. 

6b) Well since I already was drafted by the Quebec meute in 19th spot I can say much about this question

On 8/11/2018 at 5:17 AM, Tagger said:

1) It's an interesting place full of welcoming people, I'd say it's a good way to make some new online friends.

2) No, not really.

3) I did not. I really wanted to, but I never really had the time to check it out.

4) Score some goals and hopefully not end up getting benched for being a bad player.

5) You know, I've gotta say that the team we've built in Ottawa's pretty good to make a run for it, so that's one of them.

6b) Ottawa has always been extremely welcoming. The management, my teammates. They're all good people.

Reveal hidden contents

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

1) The VHLM Regular Season is set to start today, what's the one thing you're most looking forward to seeing?

"The tears in the eyes of the opposing players as they try and fail to move the Mountain."

"The Mountain do not yet know my new team well enough to suggest."

3) What are your thoughts on the current competition within the team for places at your position?

"Such things do not concern the Mountain."

4) What do you think of your team's locker room forum? Anything you'd like to see added to it?

"What is a forum? Can it be eaten or hit? Then the Mountain does not care."

5) From the time that you've been here, what's the first piece of advice you would give to a new member joining the league? 

"Shoot elsewhere, fool."

6b) Since the last questions, we launched a TPE tracker to allow you to see how well you're earning TPE against other players in the S63 Draft Class. Where do you expect to be on those rankings come draft day? (If you are in the S63 Draft)

"What is this sorcery? This makes the Mountain.......uneasy."

1.) I love the idea of being to connect with a great community of people who want to help out the new commers in the league!
2.) just the tpe set up i would like there to be more of a guide and understanding, 
3) i didn't end up reading it but i'll be sure to read it soon

4) fFor me it would be to get familiar with all the setups for this site 

With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?
5) las vegas aces for sure
6a)no but i am excited to play with all of my team mates ! :)
6b) i love it, enjoy being part of my new team on the first year of playing 
6c)I would be a balanced scorer, good playmaker to make some great plays for my teammates to finish.

10 hours ago, Tagger said:

The Yukon Rush comin out and whoopin some ass

Athanasios Andrianopoulos looks like a promising player after posting 3 assists in our first two games

I think myself and enorama have the first line locked down

Tbh i havent seen it and cant find it. i would want current team stats and tpe totals as well as an in depth depth chart

get active on the discord! lots of good people and good conversation. also, make sure you are alone when looking through boomshack

I am aiming to be in the top 5 and top 2 positionally

The league has been fantastic. Plenty of members put in place to help the rookies like myself adjust to the leave and find our way. The transition from Juniors has been very easy.

Honestly, I haven't been around the league long enough to notice anything that needs improvement. My main focus right now is gearing up for the regular season.

I didn't even know there was a newsletter being passed around. I will take a look at it as soon as I have some time.

I really want to make a name for myself. Hopefully, I can show Vegas what I am capable of and justify my place on the first line. My ideal goal would be to hit 20 goals this season. That would be nice.

Las Vegas Aces or bust!

I love the current state of Vegas. Our top 2 lines look very good. A lot of speed and scoring on the wings and our #1 center Revchenko is primed for a breakout year. We lack a little bit of depth but hopefully we can stay healthy and that won't be an issue.

Seems like it will be pretty fun. Everyone so far has been very accommodating and helpful to help me hit the ground running

I think it's a bit too early to tell at this point as I've just joined. But I'm not one to shy away from suggesting things to improve the overall experience in the league.

I don't believe I've stumbled upon it yet. I'm sure it is helpful, but I've been too busy focusing on my training to get ready for the upcoming season

I'm looking to always work hard and strive to improve on my game to help shape my career long term. I feel the VHLM is the place for that so I guess we'll see what happens.

Hopefully Halifax. That new defenseman they got is not bad ;)

Looking forward to playing alongside offensive dynamo, Tzuyu. Always exciting when you can have a player like that on your team.

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)?

I think we have a good team and will turn some heads this season. 

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated - recently signed with Halifax).

I've always considered myself as a two way player. Need to play both ends of the ice in to be successful in this game. 

Looking to have a breakout rookie season and prove to the big guns i deserve to be drafted high.

I would Say Chance Matthews hes good enough to play top line easy.

The two guys in front of me are really talented, but im sure with hard work i can surpass them.

It looks pretty good no complaints to date. Management is pretty open to suggestions

Be active and very creative  when creating content and the skys the limit for your talent.

6b) Since the last questions, we launched a TPE tracker to allow you to see how well you're earning TPE against other players in the S63 Draft Class. Where do you expect to be on those rankings come draft day? (If you are in the S63 Draft)

I am expecting to be in the top 5. its a bold statement but i will do my all to back it up.

Saskatoon Wild winning the cup!

Maybe Chris F is a real good center I think

Actually I think I'm the best RW but maybe another RW who have more time than me to train and write stuff will show up and I'll drop on the 2nd line.

There's a lack of beers in the locker room! Seriously, maybe it would be cool if the standings and the next game was shown in the locker room.

Prepare yourself to lose a lot of your free time on the forum (and on discord for those who use it). When I joined I didn't thought I would spend as much time in this game.

6b) Since the last questions, we launched a TPE tracker to allow you to see how well you're earning TPE against other players in the S63 Draft Class. Where do you expect to be on those rankings come draft day? (If you are in the S63 Draft)

Well I haven't seen the tracker but honestly I don't expect to be at the top. I don't have the time to write enough stuff to be at the top, but hopefully I won't be last either.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:31 AM, Tagger said:

Some more questions for this week

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences).

1) I'm late to the party, so it actually started yesterday, but what I wanted to see before it started and what I want to see now is still the same thing; wins. Ottawa has a strong core and we are confident we can take it all this season. Obviously, that 0-2-0 in the first sim was disappointing, after that strong offseason, but we are now back on track at 2-2-0 after 2 dominant wins in back to back games versus the Wild.

2) I'd say the guy that's the most underrated on this squad is my fellow d-man Gregor Rasputinov. He's sitting at #3 on the positional depth chart, right behind Baxter and myself, but he's got what it takes to play top minutes. Look for him to score a lot from that 2nd pair!

3) Our GM set us some roles right after the draft and, for the most part, they are still holding. He set Baxter, Rasputinov and I in a 3-man rotation for 1st pair and 2nd pair of defense, with added time on PP and/or PK for everyone of us, which makes a lot of sense, really.  On offense, one move I'm aware of involved Matthews passing James, as he himself suggested, seeing how Matthews put a lot of work in. That was pretty humble of James!

4) We actually got ourselves a Discord server set up and it's been fairly active so far. We are doing good on that.

5) Community is great, but it's at its best on the Discord server. Join it ASAP.

6b) I don't think I'll move much. 2 guys right in front of me, @Jubo07 and @Enorama are capping every week and seizing every uncapped TPE opportunities available, so I'm not passing them unless they go inactive. Current #1 is pretty far ahead if me. That being said, I don't intend on going inactive either, so I should stay put at 4th.

Edited by McWolf