VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1. How satisfied are you with your player's performance so far this season?

I am pleased with my players performance.  I have done well with face-offs and after reeming out the GM, am getting better ice time.  Although he must have gotten his Matthews' mixed up and punished me for something one of the others did.  I was moved to the right wing for maybe 6-8 games, notching only 3-4 face-offs taken (losing only one of course).

What I am pleasantly surprised with is my shooting percentage.  Until my move to RW, I had scored twice out of as many shots.  I get moved to RW, and my shooting percentage goes from 100% to 75% (1 goal on 2 shots).  I have discussed this with the GM and he assures me that it won't happen again.  If it does, I get to take a shot on him in net with him wearing no equipment....I don't miss when I aim to score.

2. What about your team, how are things going with the team? Would you run things differently?

The team is going well.  We are getting along, even with the moves being made with new players coming in.  Those players are complementing the current players and we are winning.

Aside from play me more (let me take the face-off, then b-line it for the bench), I can't say I would do anything differently right now.

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end?

Of course I do.  I plan on being part of the reason they do.

4. What other player in the league do you hate to play against?

Chance Matthews.  When I told Julian that, he went out and got him to play along side.

5. Besides hockey, obviously, what other sports do you like to play casually or watch?

I play soccer, but not really casually.  I'm really quite a good goalie - a gamechanger.  I can't watch soccer otherwise, it's too boring and I'm too analytical to enjoy a game.  Other than that I follow baseball in the offseason - but that is mostly listening to it on the radio.

In the past, I have enjoyed watching the CFL - Ti-cats, you know the real football league.

6. If you had the power to relocate a VHLM team, where would you put it and what would you name it?

Hamilton.  They deserve a team.  I would have had season tickets if the Buffaslugs and Leaves didn't want them to dip into their ticket sales (does anyone actually go to a Buffaslugs game? and do the Leaves really need to worry about taking paying fans away?)

17 hours ago, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@speck1447 @Toasty @Sturg @ETCanucklehead @Rocketman04 @wcats @Eparker24 @Froobydoo @nymets5 @Rykonen @Matt_O @Antone10 @NathanN @NickSunderbruch @Brolaski @evrydayimbyfuglien @tequbs @Fizzwidget @Bonzaijoe @Lefty

@Pelimies @Eudaldkp @Trifecta @DilIsPickle @Tim @SupaStu @dora @Philliefan @Ty343 @SwagSloth @JayF @Tiler94 @Sohva

@803 @BBNAT @handfullofbubba @Dvich86 @JG10 @JSS @Sublime @Jtww @NightHawk_787 @Tacocat @RyanZabby @Brock Boeser @HasekFan94 @Snussu

@The_nameless_man @DaftRaincloud @Ckbruinfan @Rollzey @Infernal @Gooningitup @Felixf21 @Joobles @eaglesfan036 @IniquitY @xsjack @Fowll @ShawnGlade @TMI @Luke Allman @FBR @TacticalHammer @Rzerk @Wololo @Fire Hakstol @TMG1017 @Devise

@Kachur @Doomzday @caltroit_red_flames @kegoo11 @Toast @CurtisG93 @oldmanfreeman @Kip Baier @T65 @TrevorC11

@kayfabe @NikEhlers27 @Evans @Zeniaz @Bear @Harold McTaggart @Hunter @Jad @Slappy1039 @Thranduil @Flare @Aero @bagelbitesisbae @Arayvenn @Bucky___lastard @Kuch9 @Chase Klein @DrHexDex

@Dvich86 @HasekFan94 @oldmanfreeman @Sidhu @Prabh Ria @Jeffrey Wickersty @Bear @handfullofbubba @Snussu @Anthony Matthews @Consider_Me_OP @Hippie28 @BluObieZ @WhiteMocha @Bully22 @luke5299 @Woodsworth @smammy2ck @Kazuzu @Tak @Chicken Little @Scrogs @Dominic Brassard @OneBuffalo1230 @bucktown @hum0r_ha @nick_716 @tunedtorock @THS @Bushito @Sharkstrong @Gared123456 @jDubzzz @starboi @mu19mc2 @Sixersfan549 @Stray Games @rskinner2228 @Galdoblame @lfdorais @Sogarn @Goonie @Pekka Rinne @Jakob Kelob @Papa Bless' Memes @kotkaniemiisbae @Bagels @Mise @Penner9415 @DrunnkPANDAA @Mat Reimer @ziggyziobob @jacobaa19 @Dingle @sean @Marcel @MrCringleberries @Benson @Lightningyamasha @Panther10 @Pipe663 @cynftwproductions @The-OG-Of-Rivia @Peacock @ManualSamual @Bandit @Cmk_

These questions count as regular press conference questions. You can answer 3 of them for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE, but you can't gain more than 2 TPE a week from press conferences, meaning you can't answer these questions if you have already claimed 2 TPE for other press conferences. You could always come back earlier next week to answer these questions, however.

1. How satisfied are you with your player's performance so far this season?

2. What about your team, how are things going with the team? Would you run things differently?

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end?

4. What other player in the league do you hate to play against?

5. Besides hockey, obviously, what other sports do you like to play casually or watch?

6. If you had the power to relocate a VHLM team, where would you put it and what would you name it?

1. I am pretty happy. I have 19 points in 22 games, I hope to be able to pick it up and hit 72 points though.

2. Las Vegas is killing it. We just traded for I think Curtis Gary from the Saskatoon Wild, and now we are stacked when it comes to our top two forward lines. I also love the New York GM Spade18, who always tags the team in every TPE opportunity available, which is a nice reminder.

3. I think the Aces can keep it up, I think we can win it all.

4.There aren't any players I hate to play against, I never liked the Halifax 21st though, maybe because they almost beat us last year in the playoffs, since I was on Saskatoon last year.

5. I watch the NFL, and I would get the NFL league pass if the rest of my family didn't get triggered when I watched the NFL. I also casually follow the NBA, and the MLB I pay attention to and watch in the playoffs.

6. I would put the Oslo Storm in some whack city that has no professional sports teams, like maybe somewhere in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland. The Nova Scotia Whales, perhaps

20 hours ago, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@speck1447 @Toasty @Sturg @ETCanucklehead @Rocketman04 @wcats @Eparker24 @Froobydoo @nymets5 @Rykonen @Matt_O @Antone10 @NathanN @NickSunderbruch @Brolaski @evrydayimbyfuglien @tequbs @Fizzwidget @Bonzaijoe @Lefty

@Pelimies @Eudaldkp @Trifecta @DilIsPickle @Tim @SupaStu @dora @Philliefan @Ty343 @SwagSloth @JayF @Tiler94 @Sohva

@803 @BBNAT @handfullofbubba @Dvich86 @JG10 @JSS @Sublime @Jtww @NightHawk_787 @Tacocat @RyanZabby @Brock Boeser @HasekFan94 @Snussu

@The_nameless_man @DaftRaincloud @Ckbruinfan @Rollzey @Infernal @Gooningitup @Felixf21 @Joobles @eaglesfan036 @IniquitY @xsjack @Fowll @ShawnGlade @TMI @Luke Allman @FBR @TacticalHammer @Rzerk @Wololo @Fire Hakstol @TMG1017 @Devise

@Kachur @Doomzday @caltroit_red_flames @kegoo11 @Toast @CurtisG93 @oldmanfreeman @Kip Baier @T65 @TrevorC11

@kayfabe @NikEhlers27 @Evans @Zeniaz @Bear @Harold McTaggart @Hunter @Jad @Slappy1039 @Thranduil @Flare @Aero @bagelbitesisbae @Arayvenn @Bucky___lastard @Kuch9 @Chase Klein @DrHexDex

@Dvich86 @HasekFan94 @oldmanfreeman @Sidhu @Prabh Ria @Jeffrey Wickersty @Bear @handfullofbubba @Snussu @Anthony Matthews @Consider_Me_OP @Hippie28 @BluObieZ @WhiteMocha @Bully22 @luke5299 @Woodsworth @smammy2ck @Kazuzu @Tak @Chicken Little @Scrogs @Dominic Brassard @OneBuffalo1230 @bucktown @hum0r_ha @nick_716 @tunedtorock @THS @Bushito @Sharkstrong @Gared123456 @jDubzzz @starboi @mu19mc2 @Sixersfan549 @Stray Games @rskinner2228 @Galdoblame @lfdorais @Sogarn @Goonie @Pekka Rinne @Jakob Kelob @Papa Bless' Memes @kotkaniemiisbae @Bagels @Mise @Penner9415 @DrunnkPANDAA @Mat Reimer @ziggyziobob @jacobaa19 @Dingle @sean @Marcel @MrCringleberries @Benson @Lightningyamasha @Panther10 @Pipe663 @cynftwproductions @The-OG-Of-Rivia @Peacock @ManualSamual @Bandit @Cmk_

These questions count as regular press conference questions. You can answer 3 of them for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE, but you can't gain more than 2 TPE a week from press conferences, meaning you can't answer these questions if you have already claimed 2 TPE for other press conferences. You could always come back earlier next week to answer these questions, however.

2. What about your team, how are things going with the team? Would you run things differently?

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end?

5. Besides hockey, obviously, what other sports do you like to play casually or watch?

6. If you had the power to relocate a VHLM team, where would you put it and what would you name it?

1. meh he's stuck in the press box but teams playing well

2. Going well obviously cause we're the best in the league

3. Probably don't see a reason why not.

4. No player I hate playing against, I'll take just playing in general.

5. Baseball is number one, then football basketball and soccer. 

6. I want Boston to get a team so I can hate them. 

Am I still allowed to do these cause I'm in the VHL now

22 hours ago, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1) I am extremely satisfied with my player's performance. He has been putting up good stats across the board both offensively and defensively! More importantly though these stats reflect his ability to help his team win games. Las Vegas Aces are number 1 right now and if Parker keeps playing the way he is it will be difficult for another team to take our place!

2) I love my team and the chemistry we have. Right now I wouldn't change a thing and I think that's the right thing to do. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" We are in first place and our management is doing great and the players are doing great!

3) I might be partial since I am their captain but I definitely think its possible. We are running on all cylinders and as long as every player keeps doing his part we'll stay on top!

4) I would have to say Diljodh. I don't have anything against him personally. The reason I "hate" playing against him is because he is such a dynamic scorer and he's hard to shut down defensively.

5) I really like watching the NFL. My team are the Indianapolis Colts and they are having a great season. They started off rocky but caught fire, made the playoffs, and already got a playoff win!

6) I couldn't choose any specific team but generally speaking it would be cool to see one of the Canadian teams relocate south of the border to add another VHLM team in the States besides Las Vegas.

How satisfied are you with your player's performance so far this season? Could be better

2. What about your team, how are things going with the team? Fine Would you run things differently? No it's great

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end? Hard to say could go either way 1 bad loose could cause a cold streak

4. What other player in the league do you hate to play against? None there all great

5. Besides hockey, obviously, what other sports do you like to play casually or watch? Basketball and wrestling

6. If you had the power to relocate a VHLM team, where would you put it and what would you name it? London England called the lions

At the start of the season I expected more for myself, however as I did the point tasks and improved myself I saw it reflect in the games

2. What about your team, how are things going with the team? Would you run things differently?

Halifax is doing well right now, I wouldnt really change much.  Las Vegas is the only team we really haven't been able to figure out yet.

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end?

I think they will sustain through the regular season but anything can happen come playoffs.

Haven't played long enough to really have a grudge match yet but who ever hits me the most because I'm made of glass.  Is there a away to see that?

5. Besides hockey, obviously, what other sports do you like to play casually or watch?

I play paintball when the weathers warmer.  I played for my college team and play D4 nationally which is cool.

6. If you had the power to relocate a VHLM team, where would you put it and what would you name it?

Long Island Rough Riders (T.Roosevelt reference)

18 hours ago, Matt_O said:

6. I would put the Oslo Storm in some whack city that has no professional sports teams, like maybe somewhere in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland. The Nova Scotia Whales, perhaps

The Halifax 21st disagrees.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:55 PM, Quik said:

I don't have my laptop with me rn, but you would be 2nd in line now behind @Chase Klein. Don't know whenmake sigs for the 2 of ya

14 minutes ago, McWolf said:

No trouble. I was not blaming you or anything, I was just saying that this is the reason you didn't start yet. If I have to choose between two inactive members, of course, I'll start the better one. But if you're active aand you get a bunch of TPE, then I'll give you the start every game!

5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

The Halifax 21st disagrees.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, McWolf said:

Being at the top of the scoring race while being top 3 in goals is really good. i'm more than satisfied with my players performance so far.

I feel like Vegas does not get the respect it deserves. its GM have done a great deal of work to make this team what it is and i feel we will surprise a lot of people.

We have a strong team backed with strong and smart GMs. The other teams will only catch up if we slip otherwise its ours to lose.

Jagger. hes one of the best defenders in the league and he shuts me down most nights

MMA(mainly UFC) and Football. Sadly im a NYG fan

I would relocate Yukon and bring it to Moscow. I'd call them the Moscow Gunners.

Edited by NathanN

1. How satisfied are you with your player's performance so far this season? He's having a bit of a slow start but I am looking forward to his continuous improvement.

2. What about your team, how are things going with the team? Would you run things differently? Absolutely proud of the team... We are really grinding out some wins and holding our position well.

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end? They definitely had a strong start, but look for Halifax to find their groove and surprise everyone when they reach the top.

4. What other player in the league do you hate to play against? @NathanN , He's unstoppable.

5. Besides hockey, obviously, what other sports do you like to play casually or watch? Baseball, Collegiate wrestling.

6. If you had the power to relocate a VHLM team, where would you put it and what would you name it? I would relocate a team to Houston and they would be the Vaqueros

Edited by Bucky___lastard

1. How satisfied are you with your player's performance so far this season?

— While I wouldn’t say I’m satisfied, as I would like to produce more offence, I’m pleased that I’ve had a solid +/- and have been able to help the team win in other ways like hits and a strong two-way game. 

— With the 21st in 2nd place, I have to say the season is moving along nicely and the team has been run excellently. 

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end?

— Nope. We will catch them!

— I love to play against everyone. The best players provide a fun challenge and allow me to improve my game.

— Really big into baseball, but unfortunate my Blue Jays aren’t looking too strong this upcoming season. Hopefully some of the youth can take off. 

— Kelowna could use a team... how about the Kelowna Kodiaks?

Mm it's ok, but not nearly as good as I had hoped to be honest.  I think a good deal of that comes from the unfortunate thing that happened that left me out of the first 5 games of the season, but it's not too big of a deal.

Yeah things are going pretty well I think, no real complaints

I think you'll be hearing Ottawa a lot come post season.

No one really, I'll play against anyone

Football and baseball/softball are my go to sports....well and soccer, love me some soccer

Seattle just because I have a soft spot for the main city where I'm from, but there's already a VHL team there

On 1/9/2019 at 6:09 AM, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. I can already skate in a straight line so really happy.

2. We are overachieving so far. Let's see if we can mantain this postion for the playoffs.

3. Noup. The Halifax is going for them ?

4. Everyone not on my team. Nah I don't really hate anyone. Luv u guys

5. Swimming, Amercian Football, Waterpolo, basketball...

6. Valencia Molten Icelanders lmao

On 1/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Good ol McD went bad to start but is now over one ppg and one pim per game too so that was a shock. Finally showing his sniper ability from last year and more blocked shots as soon as I slightly changed his defence. 

Vegas is pretty self explanatory. Wouldn’t change a thing.

Nope, I agree that gaining Curtis stacks their centres, and two goalies shows how good the depth is.

Smitty Werbenj... has T-3rd in shot blocks and 3rd in dman scoring.

Baseball, Vladdy Jr is gonna be the best hitter and worst 3rd baseman in the league next year.

I dunno, maybe somewhere southern U.S. There’s no one there yet and people love the sport, so Texas or Florida, maybe even bring in the Houston Aeros to the VHL (no other names come to mind that’s not the same as New York’s.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:09 PM, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. Pretty alright, but Warren is just heating up and will be a force to be reckoned with

2. I think we're underperforming a little, but d_a knows what he's doing so im not worried

3. Absolutely fucking not they suck

4. Everyone. They all hit on Katie

5. Lacrosse, because why not?

6. I would move it to North Korea, because almighty Kim Jong Un is a great leader and deserves a hockey team to reward his people with and show the world what a truly great leader he is. I'd name it the Leopards because they're cute

On 1/8/2019 at 11:09 PM, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. Very, some how am putting up points.

2. Halifax is doing very well, the only change I would make is getting an active goalie.

3. No, they will be good but they are starting to lose more games.

4. Gritty, reasons are understandable.

5. Baseball and College sports in general.

6. Oslo to St. Petersburg

1. How satisfied are you with your player's performance so far this season? I am very impressed. Mitch is doing great and has more points then I expected. I’m not happy about his discipline to date but we will work on that. Very happy overall.

2. What about your team, how are things going with the team? Would you run things differently? I love the team I am on. We are doing great. We have a solid goaltender and we have some really good offensive forwards. I wouldn’t run anything different as it seems we have a good thing going and wouldn’t want to change that. 

3. The Las Vegas Aces seem to have separated themselves from the rest of the teams. Do you think they can keep it up until the end? I think we can go all the way. We have a great goaltender, powerful offence and solid defence group. I believe we will have a few more long winning streaks, finish first overall and win the championship. 

4. What other player in the league do you hate to play against? I hate playing against Diljodh. He is a solid offensive player and is really hard to play against. For being a small player and only 16 years old, he is far above many players in this league. Would be a good addition to the Aces if that were possible. 

5. Besides hockey, obviously, what other sports do you like to play casually or watch? Golf and baseball. I enjoy watching and playing golf. I enjoy watching baseball and would like to play it some time. I also went curling recently and really enjoyed that. Would be fun to join a league and play more often. 

6. If you had the power to relocate a VHLM team, where would you put it and what would you name it? I think it make up a team and city name. Maybe something like the River Falls Rock or the Northern Bears. 

On 1/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, McWolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. Well, I haven't been active recently but from what I've seen he only has 2 points so far. No goals yet. I hope to improve that rate because its pretty pathetic.

2. It is a bit unclear to me what team I am a part of but I beleive I have been traded from Las Vegas to Halifax from what my friend, Thranduil told me. Halifax looks to be doing ok, not as good as Las Vegas, hopefully I can help.

3. I would think so, hopefully that won't include the playoffs too. I played for Halifax last season and we got pretty close but hopefully this year we actually win the cup.

4. I am unsure of most players but I remember that Nathan MacKinnon was very good on Halifax last year. I probably didn't enjoy playing against him very much. Thank god he is on my team.

5. Basketball, just casual, but I enjoy the odd game here and there.

6. Kiev Slavs or something. Ukraine is close to Russia. They mustn't be too bad at hockey, but also I am not very poetically creative so that is the best I could come up with.

No games yet but I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes!

I'm enjoying the camaraderie, and have no suggestions at this time

Doesn't look like there's an end in sight, unfortunately

Nobody (yet)

NFL mostly, though I like watching Rugby Sevens during the Olympics and soccer during major tournaments like the world cup or champion's league

Saskatoon Wild -> Cincinnati Hornets

Edited by Sogarn

1) The World Junior Championship is finally underway; who do you think wins it all and why?

I'm a little new around here so I am not to familiar with everyone yet but I am going to go with my home country in USA!!!

2) With VHLM playoffs right around the corner, where do you see your team ending up when its all said and done?

I just joined the Wild recently and know we are having a tough season but to end on a high note will be awesome motivation.

3) How do you feel about your own personal performance thus far? Do you need to step it up, or stay consistent with what you have?

For my first 2 games and to have 3 pts, I think that is a tremendous start to my young career.

4) What team do you think will be the biggest surprise in the last portion of this season?

The Wild hands down!!!

5) Where do you see yourself at this point next season? What do you hope to have accomplished by then?

I want to see myself talk off and become one of the top players in the VHLM!!!

6) What do you like most about the VHL? What keeps you around?

The people and its not even close. Awesome environment around here.

1) I have to say Canada, as an obvious choice, their roster is really solid and I can easily picture them winning the whole thing.

2) Currently I am a free agent, looking for a team that would benefit both parties, hopefully soon enough an offer that interests both parties rises up....

3) Since I've not played a game, I've been training this whole time, getting my health, strength and overall so that I am in top shape, so no injuries happen during a season

4) I feel that Ottawa Lynx could jump up to the 2nd position in the standings, but we will see.

5) Hopefully established myself in a team, raking points every game and helping out my team, and of course the dream would be to enter playoffs and do good in them.

6) Awesome environment/atmosphere and cool people around here.

Edited by GRZ

1) The World Junior Championship is finally underway; who do you think wins it all and why?

Gonna go with Canada, they are sitting in second with a game in hand as I write this.  Maybe not the strongest scorers but with a Goals Against of 10 their defensive actions will take em to the end.

2) With VHLM playoffs right around the corner, where do you see your team ending up when its all said and done?

Halifax will always aim to win it all.  We have to prove ourselves against Las Vegas to ensure that Ottawa doesn't catch us for 2nd place.

3) How do you feel about your own personal performance thus far? Do you need to step it up, or stay consistent with what you have?

I do need to step it up a little more.  I consistently get 8 TPE points a week but I want to do more.

4) What team do you think will be the biggest surprise in the last portion of this season?

I smell an unexpected upset coming in the playoffs. 

5) Where do you see yourself at this point next season? What do you hope to have accomplished by then?

I will by over 100 TPE so I plan to have a sound skater who puts up around a PPG.

6) What do you like most about the VHL? What keeps you around?

Making graphics to be honest.  There's something really fun about it to me, especially relating it to hockey.  Personal favorite so far has been "who wants that money" which featured an actual photo of myself during a beer league game.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

Its great the community is super helpful

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

Add A few new teams 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

yes it was great

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

to be the best I can be

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Halifax21st

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players

who were also in the VHL Draft)

Bald guy