VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1) The World Junior Championship is finally underway; who do you think wins it all and why? I think Canada will win it based on the excellent roster and team management. I think the Goalie Brick Wahl will end up being the deciding factor in Canada's success.

2) With VHLM playoffs right around the corner, where do you see your team ending up when its all said and done? I see the Aces taking home the Cup. The entire team is gelling together really well and seem to be unstoppable. I would say Vegas is the favorite and a trip to the Finals is almost guaranteed.

3) How do you feel about your own personal performance thus far? Do you need to step it up, or stay consistent with what you have? I didn't expect to contribute much after signing with the Aces in the middle of the season. I am happy that my player is adding a few points while not making horrific mistakes. I think this will springboard them into a very great run in Season 65.

4) What team do you think will be the biggest surprise in the last portion of this season? I think Saskatoon will be the biggest surprise. I think they will have a better ending to their season than expected and could make a decent playoff push. I think they have the potential to turn heads.

5) Where do you see yourself at this point next season? What do you hope to have accomplished by then? I hope to be developing my players abilities and be playing more minutes. I'm hoping to be drafted by a competitor(ideally Vegas again) and make more of an impact point-wise. I would like to see my player pass 30 points or 15 goals.

6) What do you like most about the VHL? What keeps you around? I like the structured nature of the website and how everything works well in tandem. Having a constantly updated site helps immensely. I think the possibility of making a good player keeps me invested in the league.

1) Canada has a solid roster and has a good chance of winning it all

2) I'm currently a draft prospect for S66 so i dont have a team at the moment but ill be going for my hometown team of Halifax

3) I've just started with this player but i plan on continuing to improve my player to be the best i can be

4) Ottawa has a good chance of finishing ahead of Halifax as they are on a 5 game win streak at the moment

5) I'd like to have hit 100+ TPE by then, i'll keep putting in the work and try to get there as soon as possible

6) I like that for the most part if youre willing to put in the work you can grow your player pretty much as much as you want

1) Go team Canada! 

2) I am currently undrafted at the moment. I wish good luck to all the teams that have made it and may the best team win. 

3) As I haven't played a single game I know the hype around my name is deafening and I can't wait to go out and play for the fans. 

4)  I can see Ottawa making a landslide finish ahead of Halifax. They just need to keep their stride. 

5) I see myself as the talk amongst the GM's to be a top prospect in the league for the upcoming season. 

6) The community is great. Very fulfilling and rewarding talking to the members and making friendships over a passion that we can all enjoy.

1) The World Junior Championship is finally underway; who do you think wins it all and why?

Europe because we have Dahlberg (I think at least haven't seen him show up on the score sheet so far) @Nykonax

2) With VHLM playoffs right around the corner, where do you see your team ending up when its all said and done?

Saskatoon will sadly probably not be going to deep.

3) How do you feel about your own personal performance thus far? Do you need to step it up, or stay consistent with what you have?

I need to step it up

4) What team do you think will be the biggest surprise in the last portion of this season?

Maybe someone suddenly retiring  would be wild

5) Where do you see yourself at this point next season? What do you hope to have accomplished by then?

Scored at least 100 points

6) What do you like most about the VHL? What keeps you around?

I like ice hockey so i guess that is what is keeping me here besides the great people

Edited by Sova

1) The World Junior Championship is finally underway; who do you think wins it all and why? 

• I feel like Europe has the best players at the moment. 

2) With VHLM playoffs right around the corner, where do you see your team ending up when its all said and done? 

• At this rate, Oslo isn't winning any titles this season. There is a gap in the standings for a reason. 

3) How do you feel about your own personal performance thus far? Do you need to step it up, or stay consistent with what you have? 

• My scoring has been incredibly inconsistent, even when the rest of the team does well and I’d like to fix that.

4) What team do you think will be the biggest surprise in the last portion of this season? 

• I think that with the new additions to their roster, Ottawa will be a force to be reckoned with come playoff time. 

5) Where do you see yourself at this point next season? What do you hope to have accomplished by then? 

• My goal for next season is to be on top of the leader board for scoring and contending for the cup. 

• The community is so friendly and helpful. I also just love hockey and this is a fun way to express that.

Its hard to go against a team like Canada or Europe but in the end I think the strong goaltending of Canada gives them a slight edge over Europe

I think Oslo makes the playoffs but being behind the top 3 in points by a far margin, I don't see a first round upset at all

My first set of games will be today, so I am just going to skate hard and play solid two way hockey and try not to make any mistakes to give the Storm the best chance of winning

I think Ottawa has the chance to surprise people even though they are in 3rd and just one point out of second -- even though they may not score a lot, they appear to have a solid defense and play the type of hockey to succeed in the playoffs

Definitely a force on both ends of the ice -- offensively by scoring goals and causing havoc in front of the net and defensively by back checking and creating turnovers in the neutral zone, and would love to help the Storm be one of the top teams in the league next season

Love the game of hockey and being able to build my own player and test out different skill set and everyone has been so helpful both here and on discord which is a big reason why I joined and will stick around

Team Asia. Jk, we're already out. I'd say Canada, but, to be honest, World doesn't look half bad, they could surprise.

0-4 vs Vegas tbh.

Started out very very very awfully, getting 4 points in 30+ games with one of the best teams in the league, but since the trade to Oslo, I've finally started producing to my talent. Next year should be great for Kai.

OSLO BABY! But seriously, Ottawa. They're third behind Vegas and Halifax, but I think they've got this. Playoffs are a different season. (Still love ya bbyyyyyys!)

Top 10 in league points, I don't think I'll be with Oslo anymore, but I think I'll be one of the big players in the VHLM by this time next season.

Boredom. I don't have anything to do, so I come here to take care of a player that I don't even see playing.

@SlashACM

1. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read on the VHL or seen this week?
  2. What’s the most useless talent you have?
  3. Reason you were last sent to the penalty box, or would be if you don’t have penalty minutes.
  4. Your most over used emoji and why you use it so much?
  5. What players have the best personalities goalies, forwards or defensemen? Explain your reasoning.
  6. What’s something you really resent paying for?

Just now, BladeMaiden said:

@SlashACM

1. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read on the VHL or seen this week?
  2. What’s the most useless talent you have?
  3. Reason you were last sent to the penalty box, or would be if you don’t have penalty minutes.
  4. Your most over used emoji and why you use it so much?
  5. What players have the best personalities goalies, forwards or defensemen? Explain your reasoning.
  6. What’s something you really resent paying for?

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read on the VHL or seen this week?

That there's a thunderdome. Sometimes theres some juicy drama to watch or participate in

What’s the most useless talent you have?

I'm really good at being shy. I wish I wasn't.

Reason you were last sent to the penalty box, or would be if you don’t have penalty minutes.

One thing I learned from my brother is that you slash the person screening you. If they catch you, they send someone else to the box.

Your most over used emoji and why you use it so much?

Fist bump, sometimes you just gotta bump nucks.

What players have the best personalities goalies, forwards or defensemen? Explain your reasoning.

Goalies, they have the most fire out of all the players and want to win the most. 

What’s something you really resent paying for?

Once I paid for the guy's food on the first date. I know better now

1) The World Junior Championship is finally underway; who do you think wins it all and why?

As a biased Icelander, I’d say Team Scandinavia. I believe in my fellow Norsemen to get the job done. 

From what I know, Ottawa has been pretty good so far, and we have a solid chance of winning the cup. I see us winning it. 

I haven’t played a game yet, having signed for the Lynx yesterday. I want to step in and make a mark with the limited time I have in the regular season. 

Oslo. They’ve been competitive as of late and I can see them clinching a playoff spot.

Hopefully I’m still in the VHLM, learning how to get better and make the VHL proper. I hope to have scored at least 25 points, which I’d say is a reasonable goal.

I haven’t been here for very long, so I haven’t really gotten the full VHL experience. However, everyone’s been really friendly to me, and my GM and teammates have been willing to help me adjust to the new league. That’s what’s been keeping me here so far.

1. I'm a little late with this but I say World and because I feel we are underrated but deep.

2. Second place and I see Ottawa winning it all tbh

3. If I am being honest, I think I am doing a pretty decent job. I'm not much of a scorer, but I play defense as intended.

4. That's really hard to say as any team could surprise just as much as the next.

5. I see myself drafted to any team except QC/Vancouver because I am just not a fan of the franchise. I hope to maybe be a starter too.

6. My own question used against me? Alright, I'd say mainly the community and the drive to get that hall of fame player I would have to say.

On 1/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, Sonnet said:

New week, new questions! Respond to all of these questions within this thread in order to be eligible for 2 capped TPE.

Reveal hidden contents

@Fire Hakstol @Tim @TacticalHammer @Eudaldkp @eaglesfan036 @Arch Stanton @Jad @jastep @Canadian_allstar @Viperxhawks19 @dgibs @Trifecta @speck1447 @Ryan Faid @Universe @Heckefar @nathan855mckay @Blades500 @Nizzx @lepavaa @Troix @Vijay Patel @Dallaszeek @Canucks23 @tjmckenna22 @Ckbruinfan @FBR @sboopy @Hawzy @Bated @Chesterfield @Skull @Maladus42 @Ninenine222 @Paul Wilkinson @kegoo11 @Chuck @Fevan @huntax0 @Gimmix @Gablae @Bonzaijoe @IgorPetrovic @murdockdm @Palmtoptiger @Foyboydahgoat @Brolaski @Halfchubfightclub @Harold McTaggart @Everlast73 @Bucky___lastard @btrav @Felixf21 @Jimmy October @Thomas Wilson @Gabella19 @MaceDouglas @mattymoo271 @Abdul Razzaq @Slappy1039 @SkeddaniusJunior @xsjack @Kuch9 @largenarbo @Szimanski @jrdwdmn @nawkturnal @Luke Allman @Erebrew @Chase Klein @NIKEJWN @Antone10 @Infernal @Dvich86 @HasekFan94 @oldmanfreeman @Sidhu @Prabh Ria @Jeffrey Wickersty @Bear @handfullofbubba @Snussu @Anthony Matthews @Consider_Me_OP @Hippie28 @BluObieZ @WhiteMocha @Bully22 @luke5299 @Woodsworth @smammy2ck @Kazuzu @Tak @Chicken Little @Scrogs @Dominic Brassard @OneBuffalo1230 @bucktown @hum0r_ha @nick_716 @tunedtorock @THS @Bushito @Sharkstrong @Gared123456 @jDubzzz @starboi @mu19mc2 @Sixersfan549 @Stray Games @rskinner2228 @Galdoblame @lfdorais @Sogarn @Goonie @Pekka Rinne @Jakob Kelob @Papa Bless' Memes @kotkaniemiisbae @Bagels @Mise @Penner9415 @DrunnkPANDAA @Mat Reimer @ziggyziobob @jacobaa19 @Dingle @sean @Marcel @MrCringleberries @Benson @Lightningyamasha @Panther10 @Pipe663 @cynftwproductions @The-OG-Of-Rivia @Peacock @ManualSamual @Cmk_ @Bandit @Scead Simmons @Kyler Kuzar @wuma @SpartanGibbles @Snowflyer @GlowyGoat @Mrhockey26 @Connor mcdavid @Mirgri @Bonaventure @Gav56789 @tyler brown @Wheaties @Beaviss @paulo1323 @TheLastOlympian07 @SirRupertBarnes @GRZ @hejta @MD9 @nethi99 @CANADIANTIRE @FearlessPlayer @Scott Stelling

1. USA, because me

2. In the history books duh

3. I've been garbage, I need to pick it up

4. How Oslo has yet again become a losing team

5. Hopefully the 1C on Davos

6. What keeps me around is my official obligation to be active or ill get fired

+2 Warren

1. Canada obviously! ?? 

2. I think Halifax can go all the way. We have the talent and skill to do so.

3. Great. I am leading the league in both points and goals. This is more than I expected.

4. Halifax. We have been the consensus second all seasons but I think we can perform much better.

5. In Calgary for my rookie season.

6. I like the community and how passionate people are.

The USA. Because everything is great here again, didn't you hear? We're gonna win so much we're gonna get tired of it. When does that winning start by the way? Soon, I hope.

We're gonna take the wildcard round then lose to Las Vegas or Halifax. Though I'll steal a game from them somewhere in the series.

I'm always looking to improve, but I have to say I'm mostly happy with how I've fared. I think I said this same thing a few weeks ago, but I have faced by far the most shots in the VHLM and am still sitting at a strong save percentage. (88.9%) That's only going to get better now that a team is starting to collect in front of me too, even if I didn't personally improve at all. So all in all, I'd say I'm on track.

Saskatoon, when we win that wildcard playoff series.

On the one hand I have no idea. Peace has been a great GM so I'd love to be back at Saskatoon, but I'm also the top goalie in the upcoming dispersal draft and I know some teams set to make big runs are going to need a good netminder, so I could land in a few different places. Wherever I wind up though, I know I'll be leading a team making a run at the cup, and that's exciting.

The Saskatoon looker room, really. Great bunch of people we have.

Just now, Sonnet said:

New week, new questions- answer these 6 questions in this thread to be eligible for 2 capped TPE this week.

1) The VHLM has officially announced expansion, with the new teams seeing action as early as next season! What are your thoughts on the teams they unveiled, or expansion as a whole?

2) If you were the GM for a new expansion team, what would be the first order of business?

3) Four teams have now clinched, and two are fighting for the last available playoff spot. Who takes it, Saskatoon or Yukon?

4) Which VHL team has the best logo/design to you? Why?

5) When you leave the VHLM to play in the VHL, what legacy do you think you'll leave behind? How will you be remembered for your time in the minors?

6) You're eligible for some free TPE if you recruit a friend and they end up sticking around; how would you pitch the VHL to an interested friend?

1. It's good to see that most of the new guys coming through the VHLM will get a chance to play on something other than the fourth line. As for the VHL, another team for those in the minors to graduate to.

2. Depends if it was the minors or not. The minors would be to try and bring in anybody who wanted to play. For the VHL, it would be to build through the draft.

3. Saskatoon will be the team to do so

4. Davos will always be #1 to me

5. The guy who won two cups on two different teams

6. Come join the VHL dude, it's fun and the people enjoy being trolled haha (to some extent)

New week, new questions- answer these 6 questions in this thread to be eligible for 2 capped TPE this week.

1) The VHLM has officially announced expansion, with the new teams seeing action as early as next season! What are your thoughts on the teams they unveiled, or expansion as a whole?

Pretty cool. I like the idea of expansion, as it opens up spots for more players.

2) If you were the GM for a new expansion team, what would be the first order of business?

Build a solid team of young and active players or trade for a proven VHLM Star.

3) Four teams have now clinched, and two are fighting for the last available playoff spot. Who takes it, Saskatoon or Yukon?

Saskatoon. They’ve consistently looked better than Yukon and deserve the last spot.

Ottawa. The design is so clean and the color palette meshes well.

5) When you leave the VHLM to play in the VHL, what legacy do you think you'll leave behind? How will you be remembered for your time in the minors?

I hope to have left a positive legacy of a great two-way forward who’s remembered for being both a good producer and a good locker room guy, 

6) You're eligible for some free TPE if you recruit a friend and they end up sticking around; how would you pitch the VHL to an interested friend?

I’d tell them how fun the portal is and how easy it is to update a player. 

1) The VHLM has officially announced expansion, with the new teams seeing action as early as next season! What are your thoughts on the teams they unveiled, or expansion as a whole?

6) You're eligible for some free TPE if you recruit a friend and they end up sticking around; how would you pitch the VHL to an interested friend?

1 I think it will be more fun I think the league will be more fun and competitive 

2 To grow players and get good players from free agency

3 Saskatoon there is no doubt about it

4 Ottawa Lynx It just looks so cool 

5 One of the best goal scorers in the minor leagues

6 I would say It is very fun and everybody playing is friendly 

I feel like this move is really gonna benefit in the long run, having a surge of new players + giving them a chance to build a legacy of their own and build a new teams legacy at the same time, sounds amazing to me.

I feel that checking out most active players and viewing the draft class is the best start, getting dedicated players will always be more rewarding than getting inactive but currently strong players, atleast in my opinion.

I really enjoy underdog stories, and following that statement....lets go Yukon!

I really enjoy Quebec's logo, it looks really simple but the aesthetic works really well, honorable mention - HC Davos, I really love the colors they have incorporated in their logo and the whole composition fits really well in my opinion.

Hopefully I'll have had fun in the minors and will have made some friends for life, since VHLM is the start to my career of course it will be kinda hard to move on onto the "Big Boy" league, but with time I'm absolutely sure that I will be ready and will do everything in my possibilities to ruin every goalies Save% that stands infront of me.

I'd just give them the link to this site and let them experience the awesomeness themselves, this community has really nice people that are always ready to help out with any questions or anything else that you need help with. 

2 hours ago, Sonnet said:

6) You're eligible for some free TPE if you recruit a friend and they end up sticking around; how would you pitch the VHL to an interested friend?

Reveal hidden contents

@Fire Hakstol @Tim @TacticalHammer @Eudaldkp @eaglesfan036 @Arch Stanton @Jad @jastep @Canadian_allstar @Viperxhawks19 @dgibs @Trifecta @speck1447 @Ryan Faid @Universe @Heckefar @nathan855mckay @Blades500 @Nizzx @lepavaa @Troix @Vijay Patel @Dallaszeek @Canucks23 @tjmckenna22 @Ckbruinfan @FBR @sboopy @Hawzy @Bated @Chesterfield @Skull @Maladus42 @Ninenine222 @Paul Wilkinson @kegoo11 @Chuck @Fevan @huntax0 @Gimmix @Gablae @Bonzaijoe @IgorPetrovic @murdockdm @Palmtoptiger @Foyboydahgoat @Brolaski @Halfchubfightclub @Harold McTaggart @Everlast73 @Bucky___lastard @btrav @Felixf21 @Jimmy October @Thomas Wilson @Gabella19 @MaceDouglas @mattymoo271 @Abdul Razzaq @Slappy1039 @SkeddaniusJunior @xsjack @Kuch9 @largenarbo @Szimanski @jrdwdmn @nawkturnal @Luke Allman @Erebrew @Chase Klein @NIKEJWN @Antone10 @Infernal @Dvich86 @HasekFan94 @oldmanfreeman @Sidhu @Prabh Ria @Jeffrey Wickersty @Bear @handfullofbubba @Snussu @Anthony Matthews @Consider_Me_OP @Hippie28 @BluObieZ @WhiteMocha @Bully22 @luke5299 @Woodsworth @smammy2ck @Kazuzu @Tak @Chicken Little @Scrogs @Dominic Brassard @OneBuffalo1230 @bucktown @hum0r_ha @nick_716 @tunedtorock @THS @Bushito @Sharkstrong @Gared123456 @jDubzzz @starboi @mu19mc2 @Sixersfan549 @Stray Games @rskinner2228 @Galdoblame @lfdorais @Sogarn @Goonie @Pekka Rinne @Jakob Kelob @Papa Bless' Memes @kotkaniemiisbae @Bagels @Mise @Penner9415 @DrunnkPANDAA @Mat Reimer @ziggyziobob @jacobaa19 @Dingle @sean @Marcel @MrCringleberries @Benson @Lightningyamasha @Panther10 @Pipe663 @cynftwproductions @The-OG-Of-Rivia @Peacock @ManualSamual @Cmk_ @Bandit @Scead Simmons @Kyler Kuzar @wuma @SpartanGibbles @Snowflyer @GlowyGoat @Mrhockey26 @Connor mcdavid @Mirgri @Bonaventure @Gav56789 @tyler brown @Wheaties @Beaviss @paulo1323 @TheLastOlympian07 @SirRupertBarnes @GRZ @hejta @MD9 @nethi99 @CANADIANTIRE @FearlessPlayer @Scott Stelling @solas @Walter Gustafsson @GRZ @Plate @matthewtols @OMEGA @hockeyis66 @Dangles13 @Spade18 @SlashACM @Tolsy @Barracuda @bluesfan55 @cpetrella @JohnOQuinn @VisualDarkness @jimbomaybe @krazeedevil420 @LIL V O D AK @Gaudette @tiash11 @luke5299

1. Gives a bunch of new players more opportunities instead of just playing on the 4th line 

2. Get the best and most active players 

3.saskatoon for sure they are getting better 

4. Seattle bears for sure

5.someone who always put teammates first

6.i would say come join The vhl it’s so Fun and I can help you get some tpe

Its always good for a league to expand. More teams which means a way more competitive league. I am so excited for it.

Trying to build the best roster to start with a be a little competitive.

Saskatoon, you know it!!!

The Americans, damn right!!!

I just want everyone to know that I put 100% of my time and game to try my best and do best for my team.

This place is so much fun. Everyone is super nice and helpful.

--The expansion seems very well thoughout and isn't an overreaction to a bunch of people signing up.  It will give more opportunity for people to run teams and allow new people that sign up the chance to get significant minutes over players that have gone inactive

--I would start hitting the draftees list pretty hard and seeing if I could move up in the draft at all to grab someone to build around or scouting the depth to see if there is someone I could steal in the second or third rounds

Yukon has the better offense but I think in the end, Saskatoon and their better defense and goaltending will win the final playoff spot

I like Seattle's the best -- the bear looks tough, angry and someone who you do not want to mess with

That I worked hard earning my tpe and left everything out on the ice to help improve the team I am with and give them the best chance to win night in and night out

Great community, lots of fun, pretty easy to earn tpe and build a decent player without putting in too much time during the week

1) The VHLM has officially announced expansion, with the new teams seeing action as early as next season! What are your thoughts on the teams they

unveiled, or expansion as a whole?

Expansion as a whole is awesome seeing new teams come in and draft players from other franchises is great a lot of players will get a better chance then on another team

trying to locate a first like Center, first line Centers are probably one of the most valuable pieces to a team and you need a great one in order to ever win a cup

3) Four teams have now clinched, and two are fighting for the last available playoff spot. EWho takes it, Saskatoon or Yukon?

i gotta give it to Yukon, it would be so cool to see Yukon a team that would never get a team irl make the playoffs in this

I haven't gotten a chance to take a look at the logos yet, but they all look pretty cool 

My legacy will be the guy who joined mid season and thought I would be first overall 

6) You're eligible for some free TPE if you recruit a friend and they end up sticking around; how would you pitch the VHL to an interested

friend

id explain how easy it is it work these Fourms I just joined yesterday and it's really easy