VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

What VHL team logo do you like best?

I really like the new expansion team's logo. I think ADV did a great job designing/picking it out and it really suits the team colours well. I'd be very happy to wear that jersey someday.

What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

Ottawa was the first one to reach out to me. They said it's between me and another guy for first overall so I'd be very happy to go to them. I'm also happy here in MIN now that I'm finally getting top 6 minutes, but I'd also like to try out a new team.

Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

Brunette.

Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?

I carry around Korean chopsticks (metal, not wooden) , I need them to eat every single meal as using a fork is for peasants 

Colored tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?

No because I like to just go raw, all that tape is a waste for the environment so I'll save it.

Funniest thing about your player?

Manly af, but loves KPOP music only, hates rap music.

What is your goal/ fight song?

Fight song - Mamamoo- Gogobebe

Goal song- Solo - Jennie

On 4/14/2019 at 12:03 AM, BladeMaiden said:

I really like the Malmo Nighthawks logo. I'm a big sucker for dark hue logos.

Standard looking American jock brown hair, it seems.

Weirdest thing in my bag is probably a Dizzie Gillespie CD, Swing Low Sweet Cadillac. I have never played that actual CD but it's a good luck charm.

My stick nub is taped with purple and black, but the shaft is untaped. Blade is white tape so make of that what you want.

There's a lot funny about Fontenette. I really can't tell what is the funniest but I'll let you in on a secret. Fontenette only learned to skate when he was eight years old.

New Dark Ages by Bad Religion, definitely.

What VHL team logo do you like best?

Malmo’s is pretty sick, but Calgary’s is probably better. I love the horse with its red eyes, as it looks real menacing. 

Blonde. He’s a big Viking.

A copy of Thor’s hammer Mjolnir. I say it helps give me strength. 

Yes. Mine is red, white, and blue to signify my home country.

I have a dry sense of humor, so I guess the fact that I can’t sing.

Anything by Sigur Rós. It reminds me of home.

Malmo

Houston

Burnette

Always a pack of Sour Skittles

Yes, Gotta have a little flash

In the shower he questions his existance

Fat Lip Sum 41

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, FacebookFighter said:

Malmo

Houston

Burnette

Always a pack of Sour Skittles

Yes, Gotta have a little flash

In the shower he questions his existance

Fat Lip Sum 41

Just a heads up, try to give a bit more detail in the future rather than 1 word answers.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

I am very excited to be a part of this league, my father played in the VHL back in 2008 and he was always telling me about the good old days. Now that I am here, I can see that this will be a great league to start my career. Everyone is friendly and helping out and it seems like a great community to be a part of.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

I have not been here long enough to really answer that question, from the short period that I have been here everything seems to be running well and you are given plenty of opportunity to succeed 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I have not read it yet but look forward to reading my first issue very shortly!

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

My aims for this season is to grow as a VHL Goalie and try to make sure I am selected in the first round. I know this will take time but I am here to prove that I will be the top goalie in the league

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

I am not sure I can completely answer that question as a new player in VHLM, I am hoping the best team wins and looking forward to maybe being selected as a player for one of the finalists

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

The GM would be getting an active and dedicated player. I plan to work hard and become one of the top goalies in the league. I know this will be a hard task but I intend to repay the faith shown to me by whoever makes me an offer

I like Toronto's. I think the powder blues look great and it's just well put together.

After spending a year in Saskatoon I'd love to go back, but I'll be happy to try and make a contender out of wherever I go.

My player is blonde. I guess I gotta do warmups with no helmet more--make a better impression haha.

I don't have too much out of the ordinary. I got a towel from the team I played on in high school, some peanut m&ms. Nothing crazy.

I just go white. It's all I had when I started and I never bothered to change it up once I got in a groove. It doesn't bother me on other players, I'm just not going to use it.

Goal song?

My dad always listened to the Eagles when I was growing up. It's like the one CD he had in his car taking me to games and stuff. So I guess I'd go with "Life in the Fast Lane" because it reminds me of him and getting ready to play as a kid.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

1. I have only positive things to say about the league so far. I've been contacted by several GMs. All of them have been very kind and willing to answer any and all questions I have. They haven't waited for me to ask questions; they send a bunch of information to make my transition into this league smooth. I really appreciate that.
  2. At this point, I don't think any changes are necessary.
  3. I have not read the newsletter, because I didn't know there was one. I'll check it out after the press conference.
  4. I just want to get on a team and establish myself as a reliable player.
  5. I think the Halifax 21st will take it all. I would go with Minnesota Storm, but to say the best regular season team will win the cup is too predictable. I'll go with the next best.
  6. I am a draftee. If a GM drafted me, they would be getting a playmaker. Goals are important, but most of the time, assists are the reason for goals. I want to be the player that my team's goal scorers can count on to feed them a perfect pass for a perfect goal. 

The Malmo logo is very good looking.

vegas or one of the expansion teams

He's like a dark blond

either the bear spray or the chocolate wrappers

No it looks kinda weird in the game and its very unorthodox

he can never pronounce some english words correctly like skating or puck handling or passing

the days by my fellow swede avicii RIP

Also stealing Blade's questions for press conference credit, here we go. 

You know, everyone is saying Malmo, and I tried to disagree, but it's simply the best one out there. 

I'm not going to be drafted into the VHLM, but everyone should want to be drafted by Mississauga. I can promise a load of fun here. 

Yes. 

Everyone's always checking my hockey bag for weed, but I don't actually smoke it. Right now, the weirdest thing would have to be a lucky bottle of rat urine, given to me by my lineman Beau Buefordsson as an end-of-the-season present after Houston was knocked out of the playoffs. I don't actually want it there, or anywhere, but I haven't found any good place to put it yet.

Not just colored but psychedelic. Gotta make those opponents trip out when they're trying to get around you to your net. 

I've gotten so many letters from these supernatural-type Deadhead hippies who think I'm actually the second coming of their favorite guitar player. I've been in contact with the local police and every Friday I drive down to the station and drop off all the drugs I've been mailed over the week. 

Give me the Grateful Dead's Terrapin Station. All 16-plus minutes. Not really an adrenaline rush kind of thing but it's a real masterpiece of a mind trip if you listen to it right. 

Edit: should anyone have further questions for Jerry, here's my personal press conference: 

Edited by GustavMattias

I dig it. Exciting talent. Friendly faces. Gonna be fun competing here. Can’t wait to lace up and skate.

A dark forum theme would be great. SBA gives that option and it’s a lil easier on the eyes. 

Haven’t gotten the newsletter yet. Sounds like a cool thing. Will read.

Be a team player. Do the small things that help us win. Learn from my crew. Do what coach wants me to do. 

Whichever team I go to, duhhhh.

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated)

A young buck ready to work. I know that the small things done right make a huge difference. I’m ready to grow on your team. Let’s build something exciting together. 

Looks very interesting to be on! Hopefully I can enjoy and stay on this league for long time.

Well, basically it's my second day here, so I haven't checked everything yet, but I would like that forums doesn't come up with new page, when clicking it on vhlportal.com

Very long, but it's helpful and something to read aswell!

Well, I'm not in team yet, but I am aiming for first contract to VHLM

Minnesota Storm, since they jumped from 5th spot to 2nd spot.

A sniper, who is new here. Except if they offer new contract in few months.

Vegas

Blonde and long god like hair

A drug only gods can use. Mortals like you people would explode

Black is a color

He may have super powers but does not use them to be a super hero

Here comes the money

I like the Moscow Menace logo, the gold crown just pops and it is one of my favorite out of the logos here in the VHL

To me it doesn't matter what team drafts me as I will be giving 110% to any team that drafts me. If I really had to choose I would pick Mississauga as I had the most interaction with their GM and it would be very interesting to start with an expansion team.

Brunette but very hard to tell since my head is always shaved

Can of Pringles as you never know when you will need a snack and need to keep your hands grease free!

Not for me, as a goalie this does not matter to me. I have always used black tape and will be sticking with that.

I don't know if its funny about me but I am always pranking my team-mates and trying to make everyone laugh. I think this helps with team bonding and to have a better locker room culture!

As a goalie, I definitely do not have a goal/fight song as I tend to stay away from those things. If I had to choose though, I would say Cosmic Gate - Exploration of Space

Edited by Greg_Di

I like a couple of them.  New York's probably my favorite.  But I also like Moscow, Malmo and Davos.

Dirty blond.  Somewhere in the middle of blond and brown hair, I feel like the color changes every day.

It changes, but either candy or some kind of junk food snack.  Right now I've got a big bag of gummy bears.  I'm a very active person, even when I'm not playing hockey, so I tend to burn the calories pretty quickly.  I suspect the coaches will make me change my diet in the pros though.

Sure!  I like doing things differently.  I've gone with white in the past but sometimes I go with a team color.  That's what I did in the playoffs and I'll probably do it in the VHL.  Maybe I'll switch up the color on special occasions, like specific causes or something.

I'm pretty gullible.  I knew a good amount about foreign countries when I was a kid, but I only knew so much about America before moving to play in the VHLM here.  So my teammates tend to play jokes on me a lot by getting me to believe some stupid things.  I'm starting to catch on though!

Usually whatever my teammates are playing in the locker room, honestly.  I love music, so I like to listen to as much types of music as I can.  Especially since I've moved to America and have the opportunity to see so many more concerts compared to the Faroe Islands or Denmark  If I had to pick one song, I guess I'd say "The Underside of Power" by Algiers.  But that answer probably changes day to day.

Vancouver Wolves! #spiritanimal 

I'd love to play for an expansion team. 

Black.

Agatha Christie Murder Mysteries. Miss Marple is a delight.

Def. Neon all the way. 

I time traveled here from 2240 to escape a dystopian nightmare. 

The Cisco call waiting tone.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, BladeMaiden said:

I think Malmo has to have the best logo. Nice amount of flair in it. But still simple and subtle.

I don't really care who I get drafted by, I more so would just be hoping to go in the first or the second round. The earlier the better.

I'm a dirty blonde. Matches my play in front of the net.

Sheet metal. I used to trim my blade with it so it hurt more when I whacked people. 

I'm down for some colour in my tape during the regular season. Match the team colours and it looks sweet.

--------------------------------

Fight song is an obvious one. Here Comes The Boom - Nelly. 

In the short time i've been a part of this league everything has been pretty great. The gm's and others that are responsible for keeping the league running have been very friendly and helpful. I am also very impressed with how immersive the whole experience is.

As of right now I haven't found anything that has been a problem or issue. You guys do a great job helping us newbies get acclimated in the league and figuring out how to navigate the sites in order to boost the experience.

Yes I have! This is a perfect example of what I was talking about above. It definitely helped me in terms of what things I should be focusing on in terms of building my player and tasks I should be completing. As well as filling me in on what is going on around the league

The main thing I would like to focus on being my first season is building the skills of my player. I hope to be a strong contribution to whichever team I am lucky enough to get drafted to.

With the 65th season playoffs just wrapping up I would have to think the Minnesota Storm have to maintain their position towards the top. I'm hoping the new expansion teams can stir the pot a little bit though.

To any GM considering adding me to their team, I would just want them to know that I plan on being as active as possible and contributing to the team as much as I can. Especially for any of them looking to bolster their defense since I plan to develop my player into a defensive style defensemen.

Hello Future Reapers (All my upcoming draftees) ! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

2-What was your worst job?

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

4-If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

5-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

6-What does your name mean?

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

10-If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

11-Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

⭐Blade

I've been super lucky that I've never had to get a "real job." Hopefully I can keep improving and make a career out of hockey so I can keep it that way. I saw how hard my parents worked to make it possible for me to get better, so it's my turn to work hard at hockey and make it last.

Step one is just try not to get annoyed. I'm pretty laid back so I let people be who they are if I can. If I find someone annoying I just ignore them for the most part. I don't have time to mess around with people who get on my nerves so I leave the room or put on headphones or something.

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

Have you ever seen the cartoon Duck Tales? There's a scene where Scrooge McDuck full-on swan dives into a pool of gold coins. That seems nice in animation but if I tried it I'd break my skull and spine. So probably water or chocolate pudding or something. 

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

I'm a fan of naps. I might watch some TV. I try to play video games with my friends from home in Indiana when I can. 

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

I'd have to go with Aladdin. It's got great story, great animation, great characters and casting. I love the growth Aladdin has to go through in the movie.

I'm not an animal person. I don't like when dogs jump up on you and dig their snouts on you and stuff, and I don't want to live in a house with a cat and litterbox stinking up my place.  Maybe I think about these questions too hard. I guess if I had to pick I'd go with a fish tank with some cool exotic fish. It's basically a living art piece more than it is an animal in my head. Now I'm gonna get PETA on me or something haha. Is this live? Maybe we can cut that question before it hits air.

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

Old Town Road, and I understand it’s become a meme at this point, but I can’t lie it’s a pretty good song. 

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

Think before you speak. Pretty common saying, but it helps.

I’m usually not annoyed, because I’m annoying to most people. I just tell them to piss of it's on purpose. But if not I just ignore them to my best ability. 

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

Water, and that’s because most things I’m thinking of are solids, and I’m not trying to get an injury. Though chocolate milk wouldn’t be to bad. 

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

Can I say tie, and if so it’s between Emperor's new groove and Lion King. I’m leaning towards Emperor's new groove though. 

11-Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)

1st Round (mid), and I think I’ll go to Ottawa. 

Im personally a fan of the Vancouver Wolves. It is simple yet bold, with a good color palette. You know what it is and it does a good job at making it work.

Julius Freeman is a brunette but it is darker than most other brunettes.

Julius always has a book of logic puzzles in his bag and it has so many scribbles on it since he uses it before every game and in intermission. He believes if he can use logic puzzles to keep him sharp and use it to exploit other teams weaknesses.

Colored grip tape YES, colored tape for my toe and blade Nope. I have no problem with color on my hands its a cool way to express how I feel but I cannot deal with anything other than white on my blade b/c I try not to look down at all and when I do I need to do it quik, any other color doesn't help me the way white tape does.

He likes to go an crank up the music and play his synth pop female artist playlist every overtime. starting with Bulletproof by La Roux and ending with Remedy by Little Boots

Remedy by Little Boots starting around 1:30 and lasting around 30 seconds.

What VHL team logo do you like best?

Halifax. Who doesn’t like trains?

Doesn't matter, just a team where the boys are chill and we win games. 

Brunette

Tape ball

White and nothing else, because it’s the best. 

He once fell on a breakaway

Old Town Road

On 4/23/2019 at 1:23 AM, BladeMaiden said:

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

⭐Blade

On repeat or not? Wholly depends. Maybe the long season by Fishmans. goes on for ages.

Giving up 6 couple of times this past season.

I think I'd like to try living in Chicago, or Tokyo. Can't speak a lick of Japanese though.

Stay level-headed and leave as soon as possible.

Something small and quiet, but lively anyways. That probably means a well mannered cat. I'm allergic to cats so it's also an "if you could" answer. :)

Any defensive center please. I can't name any off the top of my head right now.

thanks, Blade!

On 8/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tagger said:

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated)

‘1) there has been a lot of change since I left. These press conferences are one of them! I think they are a great addition. Especially for us podcasters. Although I need to figure out how I’m going to start those up again! The player management in the VHLM portal is a huge win in my books!!

4) for sure it’s to be drafted by Mississauga. Their GM reaches out to me within minutes of me being drafted and my wife is from there. Oh yeah, I’ve gotten married since I’ve left! I’m building a two way forward so if I can rack up a decent amount of hits and points I’ll be happy. Don’t need to dominate 

6c) they would be getting a two way forward that is going to provide weekly updates and continually improve throughout the season. Not necessarily will they get the best of the best, but I will be putting the work in to improve!

I’ll answer three more from the post quoted above:

1) I love Dream Theatre, so I would go with Endless Sacrifice. It’s over 14 minutes so it’s a great way to pass the time by listening to it 10 times straight. Also a little ironic with the lyrics “moments wasted, isolated, time escaping... endless sacrifice”

5) I just ignore them. I don’t need to make someone else’s problem my problem. If they are really insistent though, I will throat punch them. I’m a 6’4” monster. You don’t want to make me mad.

10) hopefully a mix of newer members I’ve never met and some oldies that were active in my days. I’ve always loved  meeting new people and continuing to build connections with those I know. 

Edited by Phil