VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

On 4/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

2-What was your worst job?

4-If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

10-If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

Still technically in the M so I’m stealing these questions

1. Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver 100%. You could hear me on every level of that building

2. Worked in a chip factory one summer as a packer. It was awful. Super hot, tedious, and repetitive. Quit after 3 months.

4. I absolutely love living in Nova Scotia outside the Halifax area. It’s so nice here, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else in the world.

9. There’s a special place in my heart for The Lion King.

10. Russians love Bears. Has to be grizzly though.

12. @Plate if he ever gets back into his rhythm again.

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

elevator music because I really don't care

never had one before this lol

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

"Spend your money wisely" - my dad

Amsterdam is really beautiful.

5-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

I just ignore them.

6-What does your name mean?

Arnor, son of Sigurd

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

water, duh

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

video games are a fun way to relax

D2: The Mighty Ducks

none, because i don't like pets

11-Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)

1, Moscow (i really don't know who's gonna pick me)

Dangies cause he's a beaut

Woo! First press conference! I’m super excited!

The worst job I ever had was a photographer at a theme park. People were very weird about it. I had a man bark at me in my face once when I asked if he wanted his picture taken.

An old coach of mine once told me that fear was your biggest enemy. I didn’t get it at the time, but it keeps revealing new opportunities whenever I find and stamp out fear in my life.

Very kindly. I’m a big believer in killing them with kindness. I’ll just play a practical joke on them later.

Going to the gym, running for an hour, then eating a huge dinner.

Probably a chimp. Odd choice, I know. But their intelligence fascinates me.

I honestly have no idea what to expect. I hope that I’ll be the first person drafted to a very hungry team so I can show them what I’m about, but I’m going to go with the final round to be pleasantly surprised. I’ll be drafted by the Philadelphia Reapers (because I can’t seem to get away from Philly in my life!)

What VHL team logo do you like best?

Moscow has a pretty neat and great looking logo. The expansion logos including Malmo really have the nicest jerseys of the ten VHL teams.

What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

I don't have a preference leading into the draft. I would like to go to a team that wants me around and is willing to allow me to play my game.

Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

Neither, I have black hair. I keep it pretty short so something I have no hair

Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?

Cheezies. I love cheezies and its a great snack during the intermission. Plus you get in a fight and leave some orange marks on their face.

Colored tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?

No, I have white tape on my stick, and alternate between white or black

Funniest thing about your player?

I like to trash talk when on the ice, but I'm not very good at it. I try hard but sometimes the results are laughable. I won't quit though and will dig team to cut someone hard if given the chance.

What is your goal/ fight song?

Jamming by Bob Marley. Nice chill song when lighting the lamp

On 4/22/2019 at 3:23 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Free pressers? Hehehe, don't mind if I do.

1. Going up the Country by Canned Heat. Very awful song, but knowing my luck, that's probably what I'd end up with.

2. I've never had a bad joke because I'm that funny. Just joking... Oh... I guess that was a joke. Ya, probably that one then. It's not even funny, jeez. OH SHIT I just reread the question and it says worst job, not worst joke. Eh oh well, not worth rewriting now.

3. Score goal. -John Madden

4. Finland.

5. I roast them with an article about their garbage team.

6. Moose is a great word and Mr. Basaraba was one of my highschool teachers. I thought his name was funny, so I just rolled with it.

1-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you? Don't pee into the wind!

2-If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Probably Colorado or someplace up in the mountains away from most everyone.

3-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason? Ignore them, annoying people feed off the attention and any 

4-What does your name mean? It was a username from when I was little, I was a runner in grade school, high school and college for a few years and then went back to my high school to coach cross country and track for a handful of seasons, so Runner and my name Ro"Bert"

5-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be? A pool of jell-o or pudding would be awesome, but I'd probably need a lifeguards to rescue me after I gorge myself on some while I'm in there ;)

6-How do you relax after a hard day of work? Hippie lettuce? A left handed cigarette? What do you call it haha

7-What’s your favorite Disney movie? Jungle Book, classic! Bear Necessities!

I'd probably block it out or endd up signing to it without getting annoyed, so it can be anything, I won't mind.

My last one, working in a grocery store, doing online orders. Job was fine, bosses weren't.

Just let things happen as they're meant to. Even if I don't listen to that advice, because I'm a dumbass.

Malmo, baby. Or Montreal.

I probably just ghost them. I ghost most people, anyway.

The english version of my shoot first name and the name of a K-Pop idol, the last name of a WWE wrestler and the name I thought about giving to my cat.

It would have to be Gogobebe by Mamamoo (KPOP) . Already listen to it non stop all day long so it wouldn't be much different from what I already do.

IRL? Stone quarry for sure.. or washing dishes at a crazy busy restaurant while being understaffed.. On sim leagues.. Probably SHL Commish. 

Look at the bright side of things, try to stay positive. I do my best to follow this advice, but sometimes it can be hard. It's helped me get through a lot though.

Gold Coast Australia. Lived there for 6 months already, but I want to go back :( Amazing weather right on the beach.

I just ignore them, no reason to waste my time and engage with them.

It's my old SHL/VHL player Chico Salmon, mixed with my new SHL player's name (Chico Salmon's son who hooked up with a Korean girl)

1-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you? 

Ward the lane bush with your trinket you horrid, ty @gorlab

2-If you could live anywhere, where would it be? 

Somewhere in Europe probably but not exactly sure where

3-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

I annoy them back more

4-What does your name mean? 

Part of the name I got from a random name generator when I needed ideas for a character name

5-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

Water because i feel like i'd die if i jumped into the things i'd consider saying

6-How do you relax after a hard day of work? 

Sleeping

Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith, now the real question is who would you be stuck in the elevator with?

Playing wing to HHH's centre.  Like really, he can't win face-offs, all he says is 'Give me puck', then can't score when it counts.

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

Never, evvvvvvvvver play the game.  Really, it's not time to play the game.

At my house.

I body check them, take the puck from them and score.

It means that I am the Best in the World at what I do.

Water, how else will you be able to swim or relax?

Like if it was coins (a la Scrooge McDuck) or something else ridiculous you wouldn't be able to enjoy it.  Everything would just be getting up in your bizniz.

Watch some tv, hang out with my wife and kids.

Iron Will.  I would watch that a lot as a kid on vhs.

Batista.  He'd have the same disdain for HHH, so we'd get along wonderfully.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Riga and 11th overall.

Anybody but HHH.

What VHL team logo do you like best?

Tied between Malmo and New York.

What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

I'm happy to play wherever the wind takes me, but Missaugua, San Diego, or Mexico City would be awesome. 

Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

Ginger as the day is long.

Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?

Nacho Cheese / Dill Pickle fusion sunflower seeds. Don't knock it til you try it.

Colored tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?

Match that color to the season/holiday, baby.

Funniest thing about your player?

Well. I'd like to think my name is pretty chuckle worthy. I try and play him as straight forward as possible though

What is your goal/ fight song?
Don't really get the chance to show off a goal or a fight but if I had a theme song, it may be Easy on Yourself by Drive-by Truckers

Edited by Jus

Hayden Clarkson, LW, Saskatoon Wild

1) So far, I'm really enjoying the League. I'm looking forward to having more time to engage with the community and build my career more.

3) I've read the newsletter, and as a new player, it helped me get a hang of things in the League.

4) Right now, I just want to make myself a better player. I want to add value to the team, help get some success for the boys and eventually make it to the next level.

5) They have a lot of younger guys, but I think the Storm have a good shot this year.

6a) Not on my VHL team, but my minors team, I'm really looking forward to playing with Dissanayake, his shot is wicked.

6b) I just got into the locker room, but the guys have helped me focus on what I need to get done to crack the lineup and make some moves.

m-m-m-m-my Sharona

stunt double, human cannonball, beef jerky tester

dont deal with doubt

a movie theatre showing non stop Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin films

kill them with kindness

what cool breezes do, you gotta do what you feel

1)Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole? So far I think it’s fun. It’s definitely a different experience from other leagues.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvements? Not that I can see right away everybody’s helpful.

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you? Sadly no I did not read it

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM? Improve my player and the role on my team and hopefully win the championship.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup? The Saskatoon Wild have a very good chance at pulling away and winning it. 6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? I like it, it’s a good thing to be chosen by an original team such as the Ottawa Lynx. Lots of leadership and veteran experience to this league.

Tbh there's no real meaning, I always wanted the letters G and Z in my usernames, and R is the first letter of my name.
water seems like a good answer.
Putting on some chill vibes definitely helps.
Hercules for sure.
I'd probably go for a raven, they're cool.
Not sure about the team yet, but I'm confident in my abilities of going top10, even top5.

Not much meaning to my name. I just used my first name from past players then added a last name from my player in the SHL. Chico Smeb has a black father and a Korean mother. 
Money seems like an obvious answer, but I'll go with chocolate milk.MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm
I head to Tim Hortons and grab an extra large steeped team with 3 cream 1 sugar, then grab my laptop when I get home and listen to some KPOP while browsing sim leagues and watching YOUTUBE.
Lion King is a classic, also really like the newer Jungle Book, it's really good.
Hmm good question. I spent 6 months living in Australia so I'd have to go with a Koala bear. If you tamed it and kept its nails short, they would be super cuddly and adorable.
In the second round for sure. I'd be shocked if I went in the first round. I think Riga will take me with one of their second rounders, possibly 15th overall. I'd be very happy if that were to happen. 

Borrowing from Blade, even though im not a reaper :P

Easy one for me, it would be Exploration of Space by Cosmic Gate. Great tune, check it out!

One of the best advice I received was from my first ever manager, paraphrasing a little bit but it was:

Every person you meet is a potential door to a new opportunity, build good bridges and connections everywhere you go because you never know how they’ll weave into your life in the future

Definitely Poland as that is where I grew up, currently living in Canada but in the future (maybe in retirement) I want to go back and live there

Skittles! It might hurt jumping in but damn are they delicious!

Well not that Disney owns Star Wars, my fav Disney movie would be any of the original Star Wars!

I would say a Koala. There is just something about them that I think would make them a great pet or even a Panda!

Charlie Paddywagon steps to the podium to answer this week’s press conference questions.

Charlie: Before I begin, I’d like to thank you in advance for not asking any questions about the current ongoing investigation.

What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

My dad recently gave me some great advice, “you control you.” What he means by that is that it’s up to me to decide what I want to do and how I want to do it. But also how I react to things and how I perceive things that happen to me. It’s been very helpful to keep me focused on the one thing that is most important to me through these difficult times, hockey.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

I’ve only ever lived in the USA. I guess I’d like to live in another country before answering that question. Or maybe I need to live everywhere before I can actually answer it? Hmm.

How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

This kind of goes back to that quote I talked about earlier. I focus on myself, which usually leads to me realizing they don’t have a reason and then ignoring them. That’s for off the ice. On the ice is a different story, if you try to annoy me, I’ll make your life miserable for the rest of the game. No doubt.

If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

I like my pools to have water in them. I really like when it’s non-chlorinated water. I did see a video one time of this scientist guy making a water/flour solution in a pool. If you ran fast enough you could run across the pool without sinking, but it you were too slow, you fell into the water. When I’m rich enough, I’d like to buy a pool and do that.

Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)

At this point, I’m not really sure. I think I’ll get picked in the 2nd round, but I don’t really know. I guess this is why anticipation builds for the draft, no one really know what’s going to happen.

Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

I think Mikko Aaltonen and I became close last season, we both went from the Reapers to the Aces. That let us spend some time in the locker room together. I think we have a similar way of thinking. It’d be great to be on the same team as him again. I also enjoyed playing with Jerry Garcia on the USA World Junior team.

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

Would I Lie to you - Charles and Eddie

2-What was your worst job?

worked for a refrigeration company installing heat pumps. Boss was a prick. 

Greece or Germany!

Oh boy, that’s a tough one. Soft spots in my heart for Toy Story and Monsters Inc.

Gorilla. They’re so cool and human like.

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

would love to play with my good friend irl @leafssteen

Remember The Name by Fort Minor

I'm a big believer of the idea of 'going with the flow' there are many things in lie that you aren't going to be able to control, both good and bad. So I think it is very important how one is able to react and bounce back when bad things happen.

Not much really, just switched the first letter of my first and last name.

First thing I usually do is come home and spend some time with my dog, Geno. Then I'll usually to the gym and finish up the night with a movie.

This is a tough one, but I'd probably have to go with Monsters Inc. or the Incredibles

I always thought it would be wild to have a Bengal Tiger as a pet. Maybe even rig up a saddle and ride him around.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

I was in the league several years ago (2014 I think). A lot has changed and it has grown substantially. Looking forward to being a part of it again. 

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

Nope, but I will mention if I see anything. It is unfortunate that there are no more graphics contests. I was looking forward to that the most coming back as an artist. 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

No, I didn't know this was a thing. Too much info when you first start. 

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

Gains lots of TPE and rise to a high spot in the draft. Get picked by a team with nice colours to do graphics with. 

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

I don''t know. There's a lot of good players and good teams out there. I think Mexico City is the dark horse. 

6) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

Idk. I'm not familiar with the VHL players as much. I heard Lukas Nykvist was a heck of a player for the Wranglers once. Wish he wasn't retired. 

Generally my response is to shut down and not acknowledge them if I can.  Unfortunately, I do get frustrated fairly easily, but I tend to say stupid things when I'm angry so I usually just stay quiet.

For my username, I just put a bunch of different words into Google Translate in random languages just to see what sounded cool.  Pretty sure solas is "light" in Gaelic. 

For my player name, I have no idea what Aron Nielsen means.  It's just a combination of Danish names that I found a while ago.  I have a Google doc full of different name ideas for different nationalities, and I've had the idea for this one for a while.  Originally the player was going to be from either Greenland or Denmark, but I settled on the Faroe Islands instead.  I wanted a more obscure country for a more interesting backstory.

Usually I either listen to music, watch some YouTube videos, or maybe play video games.  After I've done a lot of work I tend to prefer a more passive activity.

Probably Finding Nemo.  I was really interested in fish and the ocean when I was a kid, so naturally it piqued my interest.

I think Nielsen will probably be drafted in the late first round.  Malmo would probably be the realistic team that I'd want to go to the most, but Davos and Riga both seem like possible destinations as well.  Honestly, there's so many great players in this draft that I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to go.  

I'd like to team up with another defenseman from Minnesota.  Codrick Past or Andreas Sundell would be the guys in this draft - although I wouldn't mind playing on the same team as Denver Wolfe again too.

The Symphony No. 3 by Gustav Mahler  Longest classical song ever, hopefully it would keep me from going crazy.

Paris, It's a beautiful city and gives me an oppritunity to watch some professional football. Malmo or Stockholm would be cool to so I could watch football and hockey, I also have friends in Sweden that I haven't seen since high school

Usually video games, I prefer something light. Ive been playing double dash lately.

I like cats, I also like penguins but they're real messy. So cats will do.

I think I'll fall to the Moscow Menace in the third round. 25th overall.

Either aleks or Gustav. Fun guys in the locker room who have a nice work ethic

The mass effect 1 elevator music

Sim leagues

Sleeping

If i had to take care of it a fish, or a turtle seems low maintenance, both would probably still die under my care

Somewhere in the mid to late 2nd round, maybe riga since they have like a million picks, or moscow/malmo/davos

Gorlab/Jet Jaguar because us two together will = 9 cups

I ripped it from the Godzilla film series. Jet Jaguar first appears in the 1973 movie GODZILLA vs. MEGALON.

I would jump into a pool full of tpe, so my player could reach superstar status in the VHL and finally get THE CALL TO THE HALL.

I head to Tim Hortons and grab an extra large coffee with two cream and two sugar, then smoke some marijuana on my way home, grab my desktop computer and listen to KPOP while browsing sim leagues and watching twitch and YOUTUBE.

Cool Runnings... unless the question is asking for like a traditional animated Disney film. If that's the case, A Goofy Movie.

I would pick my good friend and sim league legend @Rent A McZ as my pet. I would feed him MEAT and occasionally let him play with BALLS.

Probably first round in the pick 3-8 range. No teams have really even PM'd me, so I couldn't even guess. Whichever team it is will probably regret it though. *runs away crying*. Stockholm Vikings with the 3rd overall pick.