VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

23 minutes ago, gorlab said:

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?
I head to Tim Hortons and grab an extra large coffee with two cream and two sugar, then smoke some marijuana on my way home, grab my desktop computer and listen to KPOP while browsing sim leagues and watching twitch and YOUTUBE.

@Rent A McZ

You and xDParK would get along well! 

re-posting so I can claim the other 6 questions.

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith, now the real question is who would you be stuck in the elevator with?

2-What was your worst job?

Playing wing to HHH's centre.  Like really, he can't win face-offs, all he says is 'Give me puck', then can't score when it counts.

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

Never, evvvvvvvvver play the game.  Really, it's not time to play the game.

4-If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

At my house.

5-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

I body check them, take the puck from them and score.

6-What does your name mean?

It means that I am the Best in the World at what I do.

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

Water, how else will you be able to swim or relax?

Like if it was coins (a la Scrooge McDuck) or something else ridiculous you wouldn't be able to enjoy it.  Everything would just be getting up in your bizniz.

Watch some tv, hang out with my wife and kids.

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

Iron Will.  I would watch that a lot as a kid on vhs.

10-If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

Batista.  He'd have the same disdain for HHH, so we'd get along wonderfully.

11-Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Riga and 11th overall.

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

Anybody but HHH.

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

The 1975 - Chocolate. I’m an Indy boy at heart, and this jam just sums me up... no pun intended.

I worked in a taxi place once, man the drivers were dicks. It was like it was my fault that I gave them jobs. Come on now, go drive your car.

Work hard play harder... wait. That didn’t quite work out did it. Oops. My dad always tells me to just stay focussed. I mean, I try right?

New York baby, I’m comin!

I treat everyone with the same respect I expect back. But some people can’t be helped unfortunately.

I have no idea actually. I mean Kirbsson is because my dad is Kirby. In Sweden we add son at the end as I am his son.

1. At first the league looked intimidating but now that I’ve started to get comfortable around here it looks like a lot of fun. Still waiting to see what the season looks like as I’ve only experienced the off season so far.

2. So far I am still getting acquainted with the league so no opinions in this area yet.

3. I did read it and I found it very useful! It’s a nice oversight of the league and really helpful for new users like myself as it covers a lot of areas of this site.

4. I hope to max my TPE every week and become a very good player in this year. Maybe next year I’ll be able to be drafted into the VHL.

5. My homer pick is the Halifax 21st ☺️

6a. Unfortunately I don’t know the players that we’ll yet so hard to comment on this.

6b. So far the team seems like a good group to be a part of and we have a good chance at being a quality team this year.

6c. Skilled center who’s very committed to the development of my skill set above other attributes.

1.What VHL team logo do you like best?

I really like the look of Moscow's logo, pretty bad ass for sure. Malmo is a close second though.

2. What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

I was just drafted by Minnesota and I couldn't be happier. Although, they are the standing champs from last season so we're going to have a lot to live up to this coming one.

3. Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

I gotta go with brunette, his hair is usually caked in mud anyways so it doesn't really matter much.

4. Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?

Pork Rinds, it was always his favorite snack to have growing up so he always likes to keep an emergency stash where he can reach them.

5. Colored tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?

He actually doesn't use any tape at all, said he doesn't like the way it feels.

7. What is your goal/ fight song?

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy by Kenny Chesney

On 4/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, BladeMaiden said:

What VHL team logo do you like best?

What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?

Colored tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?

Funniest thing about your player?

What is your goal/ fight song?

1. Seattle

2. Ottawa (and I got drafted by them)

3. Dirty Blonde leaning towards Brunette

4. An old cheese and ham sandwich with light mayo, and lettuce on the side.

5. Absolutely. Can’t go wrong with some nice gold.

6. Every game he plays he yells that he’s the best VHL/VHLM Australian.

7. The pokemon theme song

On 8/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tagger said:

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

Seems like a pretty cool league so far, everyone is very respectful!

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

So far i have found it difficult to work my way around parts for the site, such as figuring out when the games are and best ways to improve my play, but im learning the points system and i believe the schedule may not be out yet, so that makes sense. 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I did not read it.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

I am trying to improve my player and have some fun.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Saskatoon wild, but i may be bias :)

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

They are very nice and have helped me improve my player and helped me around the site.

Reveal hidden contents

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @nicolas01 @ChrisF @RickRandals @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip @canucksHD @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ADV @evrydayimbyfuglien @AnthonyOuellet @ShawnGlade @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @Frank @BOOM™ @Trifecta @tfong @KyleS56 @Kian Lopushinsky

+2

Named after the british luxury car brand! idk why i chose it lol 
Chocolate pudding, obviously 
Take a nap, watch YouTube, watch sports 
Lion King easily
I would go with a black bear, hopefully i would come out alive
for the S67 VHL draft - thinking maybe 2nd round?

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

Don’t Stop Believing by Journey

The worst job I’ve had would have to be being a grocery clerk. I would always take the night shift since morning was taken up by hockey, so I would always be exhausted at the end of the day. There are definitely people who have gotten free cans of soup because of me.

I would live in my home town for the rest of my life. The mountains, the cooking, the cheese, the wine… vive la France.

Well Titus was a roman emperor who really helped out the roman people. My parents loved that name. And LaClass because, humbly put, I’m a classy guy.

Definitely water. I like to swim, so jumping into anything other than that would just be disappointing.

I have always wanted to have a Pegasus. If that existed, I don’t think I would ever drive again.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

The league is an absolute treat to be a part of. I've found a real sense of community both within my team and veterans to the league itself. Everyone's willing to help you learn and grow, and it's been such a great experience.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

There's a few minor technical changes in website design I could go for, but nothing stands out on the whole.

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I read this religiously! It's so great to be able to keep up on any new goings-on in the league, fantasy opportunities, TPE earning spots, just everything. New players should definitely keep an eye on this one.

Honestly I just want to crack the league and see what I can do. I'm in a bit of a footrace with a fellow rookie on my team for TPE earning in Michael Gary Scott, excited to see which of us is ahead by season's end.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

The Reapers are the standout. They've got a hell of a team put together with some very high-skilled players and are going to be an absolute pain to play against. I can't wait.

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

Aside from Scott, who I mentioned earlier, I really want to see what Rodriguez can do. We don't have any other players at his level, so he's definitely going to stand apart from everyone else.

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

I think we're in good shape for a deep run under some solid veteran leadership. We'll have to make sure our players keep growing and build some depth, but its looking good so far!

- Probably the game of thrones instrumental 

- cleaning horse trailers for a while

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

- You can't fix it all in one day 

- Used to be Sweden, but now its definitely switzerland

- Monsters Inc.

- An elephant

(Full Disclosure: Stole these from Las Vegas press conference)

1 which VHLM team has surprised you the most so far?

I'd have to say Mexico City has been the most surprising so far this season, I know being an expansion team can have some additional obstacles so it's very impressive how well they've been doing already.

2 what would you say to a friend to get them to join the VHL?

I would first mention the idea that you get to create your own personal player and develop their skills however you'd like. Everyone likes to be able to personalize their own characters. I'd also stress how awesome the community already is and that there is always something going on in the site.

3 if you could have added your own expansion team, where would it have been?

I thought it would be pretty cool to have an Australian team, not very realistic but thats part of the fun

4 what other sim leagues are you involved in?

The VHL is the only sim league i'm in right now

5 are you watching GOT at all?

Yes! I've been watching since the beginning since I had read the books as well. Interested to see how theyre going to wrap this up

6 best vacation spot ever?

My personal favorite is Lake Norman in North Carolina, so much fun in the summer.

A Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr - truly an inspiration

It would have to be Texas, chances are I can find a large ranch and truly live a life on the range.

There is really no meaning behind it, but it the name of the greatest hockey player from the West.

Relax on my ranch, kick back with a few brews

The Lion King - there are a lot of similarities between mine and Simba's life

A horse - there is no better companion for a life on the range.

1 which VHLM team has surprised you the most so far?

Mexico and San Diego. We're doing decent and San Diego got a game off us. We have to keep getting shots and scoring a bit more, we'd be even higher in the standings.

2 what would you say to a friend to get them to join the VHL?

" You know that thing I used to do years ago? Yeah that's this thing, hockey simulation league. You should try it out, it's fun."

3 if you could have added your own expansion team, where would it have been?

Maryland or the United Kingdom. No idea on the branding yet.

4 what other sim leagues are you involved in?

I got here from the SBA. In addition to SBA, I got into EFL recently.

5 are you watching GOT at all?

Yeah, I am. I haven't been looking forward to it as much recently, but I've been watching. Only one more episode to go, probably thankfully.

6 best vacation spot ever?

Obviously I haven't been everywhere in the world... Northern Italy, Copenhagen are my selections.

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

Gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.

Never not working.

Monsters, Inc

Would be cool to have a pet Chimera

Probably undrafted tbh! 

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

My grandma. I love her home cooked meals. She could make food for the whole team. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a very friendly and fun league  to be in so far.

I wish there were some beginner tutorials on making graphics from the players here that make them instead of watching YouTube.

Yes. It is nice to be kept up to date on the workings of the league.

My main goal is to just be a consistent player and improve in anyway that helps the team.

A lot of hockey left in the season, it would be hard to pick on that is going to win the cup.

Halifax 21st is a great team filled with a lot of talent. I am lucky to play with  those guys.

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

I've met a couple of good people and my experience as a whole has been positive. Happy to keep earning and getting better towards the pro league.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

Not necessarily. League could be moving forward a bit quicker, but that's just my preference.

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I've read it since I joined, and the League recap and stars of the week is a nice flavour addition.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

Be an effective offensive defenseman, help Mexico to a historic expansion season.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

Ottawa looks like they are doing well. Always fun to cheer my original squad, and Esso has been doing well for them.

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

I have no problems with anything. Good group of guys, they all like to have fun and improve, which is the most important thing. Trouble scoring from time to time but Jtv has been awesome this year.

What VHL team logo do you like best?

Malmo is of course the best logo and color scheme out of the VHL and VHLM, but the Vancouver Wolves are a close 2nd because I like how simple and clean the logo is. 

What VHLM team do you want to be drafted by?

Saskatoon of course ?

Is your player a blonde, brunette or redhead?

A light brown, but I will not be commenting on the rumors that my hairline is receding. 

Weirdest thing in your hockey bag?

That gun-shaped bulge at the bottom? Oh that's my... uh... cigarettes?

Colored tape for your stick, totally yes or absolute no? why?

The most adventurous I get in colored tape is gray and sometimes silver. 

Funniest thing about your player?

My mustache. 

What is your goal/ fight song?

Gotta be some Hank Williams III, maybe Drunk Again.

here are 10 questions for any VHLM player to answer!

1. What is your Kryptonite?

2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

3. Best advice for your childhood self?

4. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way?

5. What are your favorite lyrics of all time?

6. Who's your favorite hockey player?

7. What's one goal you're determined to achieve in your lifetime?

8. What's your biggest fear?

9. What's your favorite quote?

10. How did you discover the VHL?

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

Considering my music taste ranges from Hardstyle/EDM and early 2000s Punk Rock, I have no idea, so I'll go Brand New Low by Treble Charger

I've only ever had one job, in a coffee shop. Burnt my hand once, not fun.

It was one of those simple things every parent says to their kid, "Honesty is the best policy." It really has been in my life.

Somewhere in europe or scandanavia, cause I like snow and europeans.

I ignore them unless I absolutely have to deal with them.

It's just a name I came up with on a random generator website to be honest.

Still loving the game of hockey.

Find something you love to do and let it control you.

Not everybody deserves trust.

Anze Kopitar

Win a Continental Cup

HFBoards a longggg long time ago.

Snipers that go high blocker.

Man, hopefully still playing hockey... We will see though.

Don't sell yourself short... If you work hard for what you get, take all that comes with it.

Earning TPE :)

If you wanna be my lover... It isn't really a question.

@chillzone

Ice Cream.

Hiding from society in the woods near a mountain and lake.

Be Selfless.

Still Learning the Hard Way!!

I'm Blue Daba Dee Daba Doo!

Zarley Zalapski

Take care of my family and help those in need.

Going to the lake of fire for all of eternity.

Offense sells tickets but Defense Wins Championships!

StamkosFan.

@chillzone

As a VHL champion, in the midst of a VHL HOF career

Phil Kessel

Win a championship in both the VHL and VHLM.

Not being able to provide for my family

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" Michael Scott

Reddit