VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

20 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Guess I'll take it away with another set of questions then...I need my press conference TPE for this week. 

1. What inspired your player's name?

2. What's been your favorite part of the league so far?

3. What's been your least favorite part of the league so far?

4. Do you have any questions about the league that you would like answered?

5. For our S67 players, do you plan on going up to the VHL, or staying down? For our S68 players, or S67 players going back into the VHLM draft, which team do you think will pick you up? Which team do you hope will pick you up?

6. The VHL currently offers a bit of bonus TPE for being involved in our affiliates, the SBA (basketball league) and the EFL (American football league). Have you heard about this? If you have, have you considered joining those leagues? If you came here from either league, how does the VHL compare to the others?

1. Honestly, Im really not too sure how I landed on it, but it popped in my head and thought it could be a pretty sweet name for a player.

2. Favorite part has been becoming a part of the community and watching my team and player succeed.

3. Not too many negatives at this point. 

4. I have questions on player regression, but surely i have time to get those answered.

5. I plan on going up to the VHL - I think Ill have a nice amount of TPE banked at that point. 

6. I did see that and I joined the SBA a few weeks back. I like it. It's good that you dont have to duplicate too much effort across leagues for PTs

It was my original players name when I joined in S1.

Meeting some of the new people around here has been nice.

Probably the lack of forum activity. I understand that all of the activity is essentially on Discord at this point but I come from the time when there were non-stop posts on the forums. Just something new I need to get used to.

I am going to be asking around for the best ways to max out TPE week-to-week at some point here.

5. For our S67 players, do you plan on going up to the VHL, or staying down? For our S68 players, or S67 players going back into the VHLM draft, which team do you think will pick you up? Which team do you hope will pick you up?

As a S68 player I kind of hope to be picked up by Saskatoon as I played for them for a few games and the playoffs this year. Being picked by Las Vegas would also lead to some easy media spot content.

6. The VHL currently offers a bit of bonus TPE for being involved in our affiliates, the SBA (basketball league) and the EFL (American football league). Have you heard about this? If you have, have you considered joining those leagues? If you came here from either league, how does the VHL compare to the others?

I have already joined up as a member at the EFL and plan on making a player and being active over there. I'm not a huge basketball guy so I'm doubting I'll join the SBA. I'm also intrigued by the NASCAR league we are affiliated with.

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Guess I'll take it away with another set of questions then...I need my press conference TPE for this week. 

1.  It's a name straight out of the west, inspired by a cowboy's life on the range.

2.  My favorite part has been the community.  Everybody is super supportive and welcoming, regardless if they are my teammates or not.

3.  My least favorite part is sometimes it is unclear how to earn TPE (uncapped vs not), but this is just part of the learning curve, at least for me.

4.  What is the most efficient way to earn TPE?

5.  I am ranked somewhere in the top 40, so I assume I will be drafted into the VHL.  I am not sure if I can stay in VHLM or not if this is the case.

6.  I plan on joining SBA, inspired to play some basketball after the Raptors championship run.

1) We're now a few games into the regular season, what are your thoughts on how your team has done to this point of the season? 

Yukon was a rebuilding team, so I didn't expect very much. 

2) What are your thoughts on your own performances? 

I signed a contract, but never got to play this season, which was a little disappointing. 

3) What's been your favorite game to this point of the season? 

I haven't been able to tune in all that much these past few weeks, so I don't have a favorite game in particular. 

4) With the World Juniors being announced to return this season, how excited are you at the prospect of potentially representing your country? 

I would love to represent America. 

5) We're currently working on creating a more up to date video tutorial to help people around the site, if there's anything you're currently unclear of or something that took you a while to pick up that you'd like to see mentioned in the tutorial, what would it be? 

I'd definitely show screenshots of pending updates so new members get an idea of everything they should do each week. 

6) I do a tag for you when I post new press conference questions, would you like that whenever a new point task opportunity arises? 

That would be great. I don't have too much time during the week to look around the forums finding point task opportunities. 

It was the name I first used when I joined the VHL way back in the day. Wanted to bring it back.

The active community and the multiple ways to earn TPE such as the VHL Fantasy league and fantasy zones.

The spam in game threads for the lottery gets a little annoying when sorting by "new" content

Not at the moment, everything if pretty self explanatory 

While I would love to come back for another season with the Marlins, I hit my 200 TPE cap so I don't think I can come back down to the VHLM.

I have heard about the other leagues but at the moment I do not have the time to play in another one. Maybe sometime in the future I will check out the SBA

A mix between my real name and a player in my home town.

How active the community is and how many different ways there is to earn TPE. 

The lottery (just kidding, I haven't even bothered with it). Even if theres several ways to earn TPE, sometimes it's unclear with uncapped and capped, at least when you're new.

How to be efficient with earning TPE. What's the max capped TPE I can get every week?

I don't even think I'm up for consideration for the VHL right now, so I'm staying down. As much as I want to stay in San Diego, with so few draft picks I don't think I'll get to stay there. That's all I have to say. 

I've heard about it, but those two sports don't interest me. Now if there was some kind of MMA league on the other hand...

It's a mix of my in real life nick name and tribute to my player's beautiful mane.

Pretty much that I don't have to stress to do finish stuff. I can play and be competitive, but I might never become a top player. That's ok with me.

The tasks to get TPE every week. It's hard to find subjects to write about when you are not to involved in the league.

Will you ever add other tasks? Like making up trivia questions about irl stuff or other things.

I'm at 87 TPE so I will definitely stay. I hope for a late pick so I won't disappoint, lol.

I wish there was a soccer league because I don't know enough about basket or american football so actually enjoy it I think.

On 6/24/2019 at 5:18 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. King Czar III was my last player, just makes sense.

2. Player creation, great "new" way to update now.

3. I don't really know a lot of the people that are around now.

4. No, not really.

5. No idea who will pick me, I'd love to play anywhere. I'd love to go back to Yukon and play for the Rush though.

6. No I have not heard about this, I may actually join up then. 

Well my first player's name was named after me in real life, didnt want to reuse it. I figure this is my original player's grandson, therefore reusing the last name Perrin. Seabass is my nickname in real life so I went with that.

I've liked how everyone seems eager to help.

navigating the forums, i havent gotten the hang of where to find the things i want yet. 

Well i've asked other members all the questions that I had. Like I said before everyone is eager to help and provide you with good information. 

Honestly I dont really care who picks me up as I just want to be able to play and earn my stripes here. I supposed id rather play for one of the bottom teams from last year as I think they'd have more holes to fill and Id like to take the opportunity to pick up as much ice time as I can. Now where I think i'll end up? Probably in Canada.

Not until now no, and I dont plan on joining either as I dont follow those other two sports.

Edited by Sebster03

1. My middle name modified and my favorite name.

2. The interactions with others has been great.

3. Obtaining TPE is a little slow and I could imagine higher overall players agreeing on this one.

4. No.

5. I've had two teams talk to me already and it makes it exciting but, hard to decide which one. I think Hamilton will pick me up and I'm happy just to play.

6. I hadn't heard anything about these and plan on checking them out.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:18 PM, GustavMattias said:

What inspired my players name?
I've always liked the name Case or Kase. I'm not sure why. The Martell's are from Game of Thrones. I probably like the name Case Martell because I've heard the name Tate Martell 100 times, but what can you do. I never go with generic names, so trying this on for size.

What's been your favorite part of the league so far?

Frankly, I'm trying to cover the league through SSN and it's teaching me a LOT about the league. So much. I'm really getting into it!

Do you have any questions about the league that you would like answered?

I would. I can't figure out how Frostbeard was a VHLM selection just this past year but is already on a VHL team. I thought VHLM draftees get drafted and become VHL draftees that year, so he'd have been eligible for this upcoming draft. Right? That entire transition from VHLM to VHL and guys who were drafted still playing in VHLM confuses me a bit.

Looks like we have a few questions here; I'll do my best...

On 6/24/2019 at 8:41 PM, Sullvino said:

4. I have questions on player regression, but surely i have time to get those answered.

Your player's attributes will decrease at the start of your 6th, 7th, and 8th seasons in the VHL (your first season in the VHLM doesn't count as one--if your player is a S67, then S67 will be the first of these seasons, whether you're going up or staying down). At the start of the 6th season, they'll decrease by 3%, at the start of the 7th season by 5%, and at the start of the 8th season by 7%. To help fight against this, you can make some (rather expensive, but certainly very helpful) player store purchases prior to the start of these seasons, so it's best to save your money!

On 6/25/2019 at 9:06 AM, JeffD said:

I am going to be asking around for the best ways to max out TPE week-to-week at some point here.

On 6/25/2019 at 1:13 PM, Dalton Wilcox said:

4.  What is the most efficient way to earn TPE?

On 6/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, Dominus89 said:

How to be efficient with earning TPE. What's the max capped TPE I can get every week?

You can earn up to 12 capped TPE per week. If you'd like to max out, here's what to do:

-Pick a 6-point task, whether a media spot, graphic, or podcast, whichever one you're best at. Do it.

-Also, do a VHL.com submission. These are just like 6-point tasks, but on a smaller scale and worth 2 points. You have the same choice as the 6-point tasks: articles, graphics, and podcasts, and can pick any two of these.

Other tasks that you can do for 2 capped TPE are listed below:

-Press conferences (either asking 10 questions or answering 6)

-Reviewing (review eight 6-point tasks for 2 TPE, giving constructive feedback)

-Trivia (on weeks when there is trivia, there won't be for a while)

Practice facility is uncapped; keep that in mind.

My earning routine, before I started picking up 2 capped per week as a GM, was this:

-Media spot

-VHL.com article (I'm best at writing)

-Press conference

-Trivia on weeks we had it

-A 2-point graphic on weeks we didn't (a second VHL.com submission). Some people prefer reviewing for those last couple points. It's all up to you.

On 6/28/2019 at 3:18 AM, banko said:

Will you ever add other tasks? Like making up trivia questions about irl stuff or other things.

I'm not sure, as I don't make these decisions. I don't see other tasks coming up in the near future, though--I'd say we have a good system that works, and as far as I know those in charge like it just fine as is.

4 hours ago, Shaka said:

I can't figure out how Frostbeard was a VHLM selection just this past year but is already on a VHL team. I thought VHLM draftees get drafted and become VHL draftees that year, so he'd have been eligible for this upcoming draft. Right? That entire transition from VHLM to VHL and guys who were drafted still playing in VHLM confuses me a bit.

Frost, like me, is actually a S66 player, meaning he created not this past season but the one before it. He created after the VHLM draft, though, making him a free agent. When his one-season contract (free agents can only be signed for one season) expired, he became eligible for the VHLM draft again, and was drafted this past season by both Philly (VHLM) and Calgary (VHL).  

Our TPE cutoff is 200--above 200 TPE after your first full season, and you go up to the VHL. Below that, you stay down in the minors. Frost was able to stay down, as he kept his player below 200 TPE. 

I hope this explains things to all who asked questions--feel free to ask anything, anytime.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:18 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Nothing really simply a google search and badabam

2. Just the entire setup gets people working and moving.

3. Can’t really say much though discord activity some people have been rather toxic.

4. Are uncapped TPE besides RP and BIO and PF every gonna be added

5. I retired my S67 and I honestly hope I can go back to San Diego.

6. Yes I was in the EFL ,but I haven’t really got into it (the TPE thing). The VHL's site seems just much better than the others. 

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?
I am extremely excited to be here. This place seems to have a lot of friendly people who are willing to help, be it with a graphic or the best possible build you wish to achieve. 
2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 
I think I am a bit too new to make any suggestons and be taken seriously; However, I think having TPE be received automatically instead of through the claim system would be a bit easier. 
3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?
It's amazing the depth the league goes into to bring that little aspect of realism into the site. It makes you a bit excited to see what they do during the upcoming season. Hell, even what they feature in the draft.
4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?
Contribute, be active, and learn the ropes.
5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?
Reapers. And I am only picking them strictly based on how aggressive the name sounds. 
6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).
Someone who is going to give their all, learn what he can, take advice and listen. 

1. What inspired your player's name?

The Bud Knight. 

Either the great community or how organized this is. 

It’s tough to say I have a least favorite anything on this site. Maybe not getting to play after I was signed in the VHLM, but I don’t think that really matters. 

Most of my questions have already been answered by the great community members I’ve met. 

5. For our S67 players, do you plan on going up to the VHL, or staying down? For our S68 players, or S67 players going back into the VHLM draft, which team do you think will pick you up? Which team do you hope will pick you up?

I’m gonna go with the same answer for both. I’m thinking and hoping that the Reapers will draft me. I’d be lucky to be on any team though. 

6. The VHL currently offers a bit of bonus TPE for being involved in our affiliates, the SBA (basketball league) and the EFL (American football league). Have you heard about this? If you have, have you considered joining those leagues? If you came here from either league, how does the VHL compare to the others? 

I’ve been relatively busy, so, I don’t think I should get into more than one. I struggled for a few weeks to get on and even do my rookie profile, but my activity should pick up soon. 

15 hours ago, AcousticKazoo said:

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

1. I joined the league a while ago currently retired my player and I love it.

2. The tagging of  members

3. I’ve read it but it seems repetitive

4. To get enough points and Defensive plays to be a useful part to a team.

5. Well the Reapers already won and since Ottawa has the first I think they are gonna make a mistake with the pick and I think the Reapers are winning this upcoming season

6. An overall good player. 

Ten Questions For Any Player

1. Where are you and what are you doing?

2. Who is your favorite fictional hero?

3. What is your greatest fear?

4. Tell us a secret about yourself?

5. How would you like to be remembered?

6. What is your worst trait?

7. What's the best meal you ever had?

8. If you could fly anywhere in the world right now where would you go?

9. Would you rather be rich or famous?

10. If you could meet anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would it be?

I am in Las Vegas, eagerly awaiting tomorrow's VHLM draft! I've been training incredibly hard and can't wait to see where I'll end up this year.

James Bond without a doubt. Smart and tough, always has a way in and a way out.

Not being remembered.

I was named after my grandfather's pet toad.

As being the greatest Welsh hockey player ever, and one of the greatest in the world.

Just returned home after finishing some extra training in Las Vegas. Will be with my family for tomorrow's VHLM Draft.

I hate water. Was not a fan of pond hockey when I was young.

I want to be remembered as a reliable defenseman, who was able to contribute for the team both offensively and defensively.

Patience has always been a struggle for me.

I had this great salad in Halifax. The restaurant menu changes though, so the next time I went, they didn't serve it.

Probably somewhere outside of North America, maybe Europe or something.

It seems like an interesting community, I'm looking forward to seeing what the locker room environments are like.

None that I can think of, I will keep an eye out for any ideas I might have. 

Didn't notice this, will make sure to read it from now on. Gave it a read, yes it is helpful and I will make sure to continue reading it.

Once I'm drafted I aim to have an excellent start to my VHLM career.

Looking at the standings it seems as though the Reapers and Ottawa are the two contenders to be watching.

A focused player excited to start his career in the VHLM.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:33 AM, chillzone said:

1.  I am in Las Vegas, partying it up right before the draft.  

2.  My favorite fictional hero is Thor.  We look alike, same build with pretty much the same powers (except mine are on the ice).

3.  My greatest fear is that I won't be remembered once I'm gone.

7.  The best meal I ever had was a 32 oz porterhouse steak with side of a double baked potato and fries.  Amazing meal.

8.  I would fly to straight to Texas to see the biggest ranches on the planet.

9.  Preferably both.  But if I were to choose one, I would choose to be famous, as  I can leverage that fame to get rich.

Ottawa and trying to get drafted!

Spiderman

Letting down all the coaches and teammates that have gotten me to this draft

I never get injured, I just take time off

As a playable 1st round draft pick

My hypnotizing eyes

Lasagna, any.

Europe

Famous

@Esso2264

In a hotel room, prepping for the VHL draft

Luke Skywalker, One of my favorite movies and he is just a great character

Not living up to the expectation I placed on myself for my VHL career

As the greatest VHL goalie to have played

Tahiti, went there once and it was just an incredible place. Would love to go back

Definitely Rich, to much media/paparazzi when you're famous.

Ten Questions For Any Player

Relaxing with family and friends before the draft kicks off

Indiana Jones. The guy is just cool

Not being able to live up to my potential, and becoming a failure.

No, its a secret

As someone who gave it his all.. in life and in the sport I love.

Being a bit to emotional. Kinda' get pissed easily

Tacos.. any time anywhere

Tahiti

Rich

Jim Morrison

1) So far I have really enjoyed my experience. So many people have been helpful. Managers of teams I’m not even on reach out to make sure to help. 

2)  I wish there was an easier way to learn how to play. I’ve only learned how to play because of my general manager is telling me what to do. I wish the website was more helpful. 

3)  I did not even know there was a newsletter.  I will have to check it out after I am done finishing my interviews.  

4) I aim to help my team as much as I possibly can. I want to improve my player as much as possible so that I can help my team win. The goal is always to win. 

5) I have high belief in my team. Our manager treats us all very well and I believe that we have a solid team around us. 

6a) I haven’t been paying too much attention to that so far.  Again it is only my second day so I haven’t looked at any of those players yet. 

6b) I am really enjoying my team so far. My manager is such a help. They’ve been nothing but nice and understanding for a new player like me.