VHLM Player Press Conference

Tagger

1) We posted the VHLM Achievement Tracker for this season up for S63 draftees or players who've already been drafted to claim up to 20 TPE:

a) (If you're eligible to claim) How much TPE are you set to earn this season and are you happy with your total?

I think it was in the realm of 18 TPE

2) The playoffs are on the verge of starting today with the Wild-Card round which sees the Saskatoon Wild face the Oslo Storm in a 3-game series, with the winner facing the Halifax 21st in the semi-finals. Do you like the idea of the wild-card game or would you prefer to see playoffs contested solely between the top 4 teams?

Love the wild card aspect

3) There's a VHLM GM job opening available for the Oslo Storm, how do you feel you would do in such a role?

I don't have the commitment level to stay on top of that, oof

4) If the role didn't go to you, which member would you like to see take over the Oslo Storm?

I think @Jubo07 would make an amazing GM, for the love of god please not Enorama, 

5) The Aces and the Lynx are set to do battle in a tightly contested semi-final series, who do you think will wind up winners of the series?

I think the lynx will certainly take a few games, but I see the aces coming out on top.

6) The VHLM Magazine is currently three issues strong, what are your thoughts on the Magazine?

I think it's a bit of rehash and quite honestly there is so much happening and so much content to consume as it is I don't have the time to follow it. rip

Edited by Cornflakers
editing answers inline wouldn't let me fucking press the gorram enter key

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

Looks really nice and I love VHL portal and updating this way.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

Maybe a bit more personal engagement (which is also my fault to be honest, since my first player didn't really pan out, due to time limitations)

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

It's amazing! Finally understood how the TPE cap differs and makes finding information about point tasks that much easier.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

Well, the current season already ended for me before even already starting, so I'm looking towards the next one. Looking at S63 VHLM draft class being incredibly stacked I'm not after individual accolades but it would be really nice to get drafted to an active team and climb through the defensive pairing ranks.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

That's a hard question, I'm yet to take a closer look at each one of them. I'll keep cheering for Oslo next season after they took an interest in me. This year Halifax 21st  looks powerful.

6a) Is there any player on your VHL team that you're particularly looking forward to playing with when you make the VHL? (For players who were also in the VHL Draft)

Not yet, I need to know more about their playstyle and first and foremost get drafted!

6b) What do you think of your current VHLM team? (If you were selected in the VHLM Draft)

I'm grateful Oslo took an effort to sign me for the last few days of the season.

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Active team to help with the first steps of my career, optimally with some decent playing time and opportunity to grow.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:15 PM, Tagger said:

1) We posted the VHLM Achievement Tracker for this season up for S63 draftees or players who've already been drafted to claim up to 20 TPE:

a) (If you're eligible to claim) How much TPE are you set to earn this season and are you happy with your total?

I'm going to be getting 16 tpe. I'm pretty happy with that. I would have been hard pressed to get the full 20, as an undrafted free agent I cant be too upset

Sorry that these are later than usual, completely forgot to post these up for this week

Spoiler

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF @bdu754 @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @wcats  @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @hookemhorns @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip  @Radio @wiggo   @JG10 @RyanZabby @Philliefan  @Steroid Monster @IceSK @NathanN @WHEELsnipePARTY  @Molholt @JSS @Alfred Corey  @Camcall @Fizzwidget @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @JR0B13@Advantage  @Quik @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @Froobydoo  @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences). 

1) So the VHLM Final series is here, Ottawa vs Halifax. Who do you think wins it?

2) Which player do you think will win the Playoff MVP award?

3) The VHL World Cup will take place this season, do you believe you can make it onto your country/continents respected roster?

4/5/6) For the last three questions, summarise your experience this season of the following:

4) Your VHLM team's General Manager

5) Your VHLM teammates

6) Your VHLM team's performance

23 minutes ago, Tagger said:

1) So the VHLM Final series is here, Ottawa vs Halifax. Who do you think wins it?

I am going to have to go with the Lynx since they were the team to take us down and i gotta root for my boy eno.

Ryan kastelic might be a surprise defensive mvp. you can never count him out.

3) The VHL World Cup will take place this season, do you believe you can make it onto your country/continents respected roster?

I dont even think i am eligible but i wouldn't think i would make it anyways.

4/5/6) For the last three questions, summarize your experience this season of the following:

havent had much interaction with him but he did a good job managing the team

5) Your VHLM teammates

everyone has been chill. when i was traded over they accepted me in right away.

Bowing out in the semis was dissapointing but overall i think we did well in the standings but came up short of our expectations

5 hours ago, Tagger said:

Sorry that these are later than usual, completely forgot to post these up for this week

Reveal hidden contents

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF @bdu754 @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @28_stab_wounds @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @wcats  @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @hookemhorns @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @toshimann @Flare @KnucklePuckAdam @Shou Tian @Pauly51 @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip  @Radio @wiggo   @JG10 @RyanZabby @Philliefan  @Steroid Monster @IceSK @NathanN @WHEELsnipePARTY  @Molholt @JSS @Alfred Corey  @Camcall @Fizzwidget @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @JR0B13@Advantage  @Quik @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @Froobydoo  @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds

If you've already answered enough questions in other press conferences to reach 2 TPE for this week, then you do not need to answer these questions (These questions here do NOT grant an additional 2 TPE on top of the 2 TPE you've already earned from asking/answering questions in other conferences). 

1) So the VHLM Final series is here, Ottawa vs Halifax. Who do you think wins it?: Halifax, they are just insane!  

2) Which player do you think will win the Playoff MVP award? Karl Von Moltke, no explanation needed to be honest.

3) The VHL World Cup will take place this season, do you believe you can make it onto your country/continents respected roster? No chance haha, I am wayy too young and don’t have enough TPE.

4/5/6) For the last three questions, summarise your experience this season of the following:

4) Your VHLM team's General Manager: He was okay I guess, I came a bit later in the season so I don’t know much about my GM.

5) Your VHLM teammates: I’ll be really honest, I am kind of disappointed.

6) Your VHLM team's performance: Pretty bad, I did the most I could.

1) So the VHLM Final series is here, Ottawa vs Halifax. Who do you think wins it?

I thought Halifax was going to win it all after we lost in the 2nd round. But Ottawa looks to be too hot to stop.

Whomever is the Goalie for Ottawa. Couldn't have destroyed Halifax with out him.

I doubt it, considering I didn't make the JR team.

4) Your VHLM team's General Manager

Barely spoke with the GM apart from being drafted by him mid season. The AGM and I speak almost weekly.

5) Your VHLM teammates

Other than Julian Borwinn, no one has reached out to me.

I had high hopes for us to make the finals, but we didn't. We did well during the regular season but other teams were just better down the stretch.

6 hours ago, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

1) So the VHLM Final series is here, Ottawa vs Halifax. Who do you think wins it? Ottawa Lynx

Hard choice to make.. Whoever gets congrats on them.

3) The VHL World Cup will take place this season, do you believe you can make it onto your country/continents respected roster? I hope I can but will see.

4) Your VHLM team's General Manager Diamond ace is a great gm

5) Your VHLM teammates All my teammates were great together.

Our team Ottawa lynx pulled thru when we needed it. I'm very proud with playing with them all.

5) Your VHLM teammates

1. I think ottawa because im really hopeful for my own squad. we got a really good team and i see us doing very well against halifax

2. hard to say because there are so many good players. i could y my guy but he isn't the strongest player on the ice.

3. probably not because im condign and a lot of canadians have players here. hard roster to crack is what im hearing

4. i think he is great and always willing to help the guys in our lockerrom and really cares about getting everyone on the same page.

5. they've been okay, sometimes a little filled with attitude but not too bad. seem really caught up in all this.

6. very good, we've been breaking down barriers and winning so that is a very good sign for us.

MOUNTAIN COULD CARE LESS. PERHAPS MOUNTAIN SHOULD FIND YOUR PREVIOUS GIRLFRIENDS AND FUCK THEM ALL AND THEN ASK YOU HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT.

MOUNTAIN IS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WHICH VHL TEAM WILL HAVE THE SPINE TO DRAFT MOUNTAIN AND TURN MOUNTAIN LOOSE TO DESTROY.

.........THAT IS A COMPLICATED QUESTION FOR MOUNTAIN.

HE SMELLED TERRIFIC.

5) Your VHLM teammates

THEY TOOK MOUNTAIN'S PASSES AND PLACED THEM INTO THE GOAL AT AN ACCEPTABLE RATE. ALSO, NO ONE STANK TOO BADLY WHICH IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE IN A LOCKER ROOM.

IT ENDED IN DEFEAT.

1. The series ended before I could answer this question, however... being a member of Halifax I would have chosen them. 

2. It has to be, without a doubt in my mind, Lando Baxter. He's a primary reason why I'm golfing right now. 

3. I hope so! I'm not confident, but I would like to crack the bottom six if I can. 

4. My GM has been Shawn Glade. He's been an awesome GM to work with, and a great player to have as a team mate! 

5. We're all pretty social with one another, so it's been a pleasant experience, especially considering I joined so late in the season. 

6. We did amazing, even in the postseason, although I wish we had done better in the finals. 

17 hours ago, Tagger said:

Well what can you say? Cant beat a Founders Cup Championship. We had a regular season that I think disappointed a lot of people but we definitely put it all together once the playoffs started and we just kept building like a snowball. It's an amazing feeling 

Honestly I would have said Ottawa, because they came out hard against us, and honestly, I was dumbfounded as to the trumping, alas, they did win it, god this league moves fast.

Someone from Ott, give it to kastelic for getting the most TPE most likely

I think I'll be on the roster for sure. There are things my player does well. As long as he isint required to play D and goalie as well.

the GM was kinda absent ...

5) Your VHLM teammates

some great teammates, also, some ghosts, more of the good than bad though, they started mid year, so shame we couldn't get them to the 200 cap and made a better show in the pos

I think the team did well, we finished near the top of the standings for the regular season, we were consistent, but we were over powered in the playoffs, that is what it is ...

Ottawa

@Enorama because hes the goat

Not sure tbh, Im from Canada so I imagine that team will be pretty stacked.

Good I wasn't here very long but he gave me some solid ice time and that is always great.

5) Your VHLM teammates

Yukon is gunna be a good team next year, we have some solid young players who are only getting better this offseason. @Philliefan keeps feeding me those great sauce passes so im pretty happy with him on the backend.

Pretty bad finish to the year but I think we'll be turning it around next year.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:27 AM, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

5) Your VHLM teammates

1. Even before the sweep (where's my broom emoji), I would have said Ottawa. I don't think I would have put any money on it, but I would have bet on the series going longer than 4 games.

2. Kriketers, and it isn't even close. Lead VHLM goalies in every stat in the playoffs, and had 2 shutouts when every other goalie had none. That cup-winning game, we were outshot 25-15 or something like that, but he held down the fort and allowed us to come back from a 3-0 deficit to win the game 4-3.

3. I honestly don't have the faintest idea who would be under the Western Europe flag, but I would have to imagine I could at least compete for a spot.

4. @diamond_ace and @BarzalGoat were both great. They're open and communicative, and they're both invested in their respective teams' performances.

5. We're a pretty tight knit crew, our locker room on the discord often goes off after each sim, and especially after the big finals win last night.

6. After being the lone star on a floundering team in Yukon, I expected Ottawa to be the exact opposite. Although we didn't quite get our feet under us in the regular season, we went on a 8-1 roll to finish off the postseason strong.

My bold prediction is that my mighty Ottawa Lynx sweep the series against Halifax. You read it here first folks!

Kriketers will take that award in my opinion. His play in net kept us in games, and allowed our forwards to play their natural game.

I'm not sure to be honest. I made the WJC squad, but it's a massive leap to play VHL level internationally. The quality of players you are up against is no joke, so I wouldn't blame the management of Europe to bypass me in favor of more experienced and talented players.

Jason has been terrific to play for this season. He is knowledgeable, keeps his players motivated and is very smart with rosters and lineups. He did a great job to take us to victory this season.

5) Your VHLM teammates

I was in the minority when it came to team communication(I prefer old style locker rooms, but the new guys like fancy toys such as discord), so my teammates while excellent players, remained a bit of a mystery to me. I hope that at the VHL level, when I eventually reach it, I'll be able to mix a little more socially with my team.

Well obviously we won the title, so there isn't much to say about our performance. I do think we started a little slow and sometimes got lucky in games, but there's no doubt that the guys worked their asses off all season and never gave up. To win it all is a just reward.

5) Your VHLM teammates

1) Hard to say since I don't know the teams, but Ottawa had dominant showing so far so I'll go with them.

2) Lando Baxter he is amazing with 13 points so far

3) Not really, I'm probably on team world that should be stacked so new player isn't one to make a roster.

4) Trifecta for taking a chance on me

5) Didn't have the opportunity to play with anyone or even train yet, hopefully, it will change soon!

6) Oslo Storm put up a nice fight in the first round even though I wasn't quick enough to join it

So the VHLM Final series is here, Ottawa vs Halifax. Who do you think wins it?

If I didn’t already know who won, I would say Halifax, only because they’re brand new and hungry!

Which player do you think will win the Playoff MVP award?

Shoot, I think it should go to Ottawa’s goalie! Dude was a beast!

The VHL World Cup will take place this season, do you believe you can make it onto your country/continents respected roster?

It would be an honor to play for the United States in the World Cup. I believe I might be able to make that team, or even make the team for North America. I’d just be honored to be asked!

Your VHLM team's General Manager:

Dan Montgomery @BarzalGoat can do no wrong in my eyes. He’s supported me in every endeavor I’ve tried to accomplish, and it’s an honor to play for him.

Your VHLM teammates:

My teammates are mostly inactive, with the exception of a few. That being said, the guys who are active are great at keeping pucks out of the net, and I look forward to playing with them next season!

Your VHLM team's performance:

We’re a team in a rebuild. We won some hard fought games, and lost some close ones. We’re going to be awesome next year, I feel it in my bones!

I think Ottawa is gonna pull off an upset and win the cup.

Lando Baxter cuz he's the top scorer with Ottawa and has 18 blocked shots.

I didn't made Europe's roster for the WJHC so I doubt I'll make it for the VHL World Cup. I guess i'll watch it again from my living room.

He was heplful at the beginning but then we didn't talk much.

5) Your VHLM teammates

I didn't talk much with my teammates. Maybe because i'm not on discord.

It was disappointing during the regular season but then we beat Oslo in the wild card playoffs and it makes me really happy. I'm still celebrating it with booze and girls. Please don't tell my agent, he wouldn't be happy.

Spoiler

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF  @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15  @Nykonax @Esso2264 @TheDrunkDrew @Brock Boeser @Pwest7788 @Tiler94 @Eddyconqs @NightHawk_787 @ATaylor27_ @wcats  @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @TMG1017 @crazytexanfan @bhs7902 @Austin Kenobi @austendeven @ShadierGalaxy100 @Erik Flyyn @Wololo @Saclord @Bailey   @WTB  @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Owen Borah@Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @hookemhorns @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@BBNAT@Whip   @Eparker24 @TimNig @IniquitY @Alexander McMaster @DucksFan64 @Progamer5432137 @Rollzey @Kotkaniemi sucks @JonnyU95 @CurtisG93 @JORANNEXTDOOR22 @malone on coke @Lizard_Wizard @Salemsix@ihlevi @Slipperybutter @jackt815 @Kip Baier @FenPo @#LOLER @Big thic z @Basehockey @The_nameless_man   @NewtonianBoots@Escott@mjl3475 @Radio @wiggo   @JG10 @RyanZabby @Philliefan  @Steroid Monster @IceSK @NathanN @WHEELsnipePARTY  @Molholt @JSS @Alfred Corey  @Camcall @Fizzwidget @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @VenomBlast500 @JR0B13@Advantage  @Quik @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama   @Froobydoo  @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds 

Since we've had a lot of new members come in, most questions will be geared towards those members. If a question mentions VHLM, but you're playing in the VHL, feel free to answer as if you were in the VHL.

1) What are your thoughts on the league thus far?

2) Which VHLM team would you like to be a part of next season? (Can find the current VHLM teams here)

3) What are the long-term goals for your player?

4) Who from the NHL would you compare your VHL player to?

5) How did you arrive at your choice for your player's name?

6) What attribute(s) do you think you will be focusing on first with your player?

Edited by Tagger

1) My thoughts on the league: Well, it seems like a great place. I've been treated well. Leander has yet to be drafted, so I haven't gotten to experience that yet.

2) Leander is a good ol' Ontario boy, so the Ottawa Lynx, and Toronto Legion would catch his interest, but his focus is on winning, so if there is a chance to win big, he'll take it.

3) Foxxe's long term goals are:

i. Getting drafted

ii. Winning the cup

iii. Being the best he can be

4) I would probably compare Leander Foxxe to Andreas Johnsson or Kasperi Kapenin. He plays hard and skates hard, and he shoots well and can slip saucers though a crowd if needed.

5) His name was originally going to be Warrick Foxxe, but I remembered I was using that name for another character in a different story. I'm trying to write a hockey themed comic at the moment, and Leander (brother to Warrick) is the name of the top player for the Hamilton Tigers in it.

6) The attributes to focus on first with Leander will be his skating, passing, and shooting. I want him to become one of the faster players on whichever team drafts him.

Edited by NightHawk_787

1 hour ago, Tagger said:

Reveal hidden contents

@tfong @Enorama @Jubo07 @McWolf @Arayvenn @Sonnet @DaftRaincloud @ColeMrtz21 @Jose Gonzalez @Toast @SidTheKid87 @Cornflakers @BOOM™ @Frank @Joobles @Doomzday @AdamEss @Pelimies  @LordTony @803 @Rykonen @DrHexDex @VV2O4 @Tacocat @ChrisF  @nicolas01 @Sublime @nymets5 @Rzerk @Dijital @Zetna @devilsfan35 @brownboy102 @Schmidt @Foehammer @DurdenBrandSoap @mjrv21 @Bdlondon @Rad Russian @DickRobbins @ViIIains @Tigerteeo @oilmandan @Nelson @pierogituxedo @DonaldJWafer @FuzzyLeeroy @Greenert11 @SupaStu @Galchenyuk_is_God @Sook @ZST @Josh Ho-Train @Deft @Claust @Scorpio @ventsan @Sllaym @Jerramy @KyleS56 @colton14 @joeyboucher1 @McCan @libbyfanaccount @Mike_Houle @Reckasaur @Keywi @Kian Lopushinsky @Desjar @T65 @mhart97 @bagelbitesisbae @Nick Blagden @SirRupertBarnes @Potato @UltraMick @Drob127 @RickRandals @Flyershockey90 @Russell Jerome @Steve Razyn @RJHockey21 @Bazmandoo22 @Nyr1994 @DBCrumpets @JaacTree @Tniz15 @NightHawk_787 @ATaylor27_ @wcats  @Peace @Dude @monkeywrench15 @Symmetrik @kerryj13 @PaintingItOrange @Romaris

@cheidebrecht @TMG1017 @crazytexanfan @bhs7902 @Austin Kenobi @austendeven @ShadierGalaxy100 @Erik Flyyn @Wololo @Saclord @Bailey   @WTB  @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @Jonah38 @Rosco @Steveziedoesit @Ruggiero10 @Gravyncarrots @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Owen Borah@Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @hookemhorns @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@BBNAT@Whip   @Eparker24 @TimNig @IniquitY @Alexander McMaster @DucksFan64 @Progamer5432137 @Rollzey @Kotkaniemi sucks @JonnyU95 @CurtisG93 @JORANNEXTDOOR22 @malone on coke @Lizard_Wizard @Salemsix@ihlevi @Slipperybutter @jackt815 @Kip Baier @FenPo @#LOLER @Big thic z @Basehockey @The_nameless_man   @NewtonianBoots@Escott@mjl3475 @Radio @wiggo   @JG10 @RyanZabby @Philliefan  @Steroid Monster @IceSK @NathanN @WHEELsnipePARTY  @Molholt @JSS @Alfred Corey  @Camcall @Fizzwidget @Kisshan @ChaceT @Jtww @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @VenomBlast500 @JR0B13@Advantage  @Quik @RealJohny211 @madmonstermax @canucksHD @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama   @Froobydoo  @Joubo  @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @AnthonyOuellet @AndrewWarren13 @evrydayimbyfuglien @eaglesfan036 @MexicanCow @Wolf Edmunds 

Since we've had a lot of new members come in, most questions will be geared towards those members. If a question mentions VHLM, but you're playing in the VHL, feel free to answer as if you were in the VHL.

1) What are your thoughts on the league thus far? I'm still a bit confused but I think this is a really cool league.

2) Which VHLM team would you like to be a part of next season? (Can find the current VHLM teams here) The Las Vegas Aces.

3) What are the long-term goals for your player? To win the Cup and be a successful top pair D-man for my team.

4) Who from the NHL would you compare your VHL player to? Mike Green with a little more mobility similar to a Charlie McAvoy.

5) How did you arrive at your choice for your player's name? It's my name.

6) What attribute(s) do you think you will be focusing on first with your player? Being able to move the puck up the ice better without turning it over.

1) What are your thoughts on the league thus far?

I'm enjoying it. I wish I had more time for it but things should ease up after Christmas.

2) Which VHLM team would you like to be a part of next season? (Can find the current VHLM teams here)

The Titans. I think the GM has a chest vision for the future and I want to be part of that.

To be the best I can be. Role player, first liner, Josh Leivo. Whatever it takes.

Wayne Simmonds

Scandanavian spelling of my first name and a reordered version of my last name. Same as my NHL be a pro 

6) What attribute(s) do you think you will be focusing on first with your player?

Defense and strength.

3 hours ago, Tagger said:

It seems like, a great place, well organized, and alot of fun to be apart of.  I'm still figuring things out, but once I get my barrings, I'm sure it will be great.

2) Which VHLM team would you like to be a part of next season? (Can find the current VHLM teams here)

At the moment there is no specific team I am looking to be apart of. I am just hoping, that I can find a team that I can fit into, and have a chance to prove myself.

For my player, I am hoping he can become a good fast two-way sniper, who can put up alot of points, while being defensively responsible. I am looking for him to be a forward that uses his speed, as an asset for offence and defence, and can find a team, where he can fit into their top six forwards, and contribute to a successful team, that can hopefully win some championships.

I would compare my player to Dylan Larkin. His biggest asset is his speed, and he uses it to improve his entire game.

I used the name of the best player I drafted in NHL18 franchise mode. HE was drafted in the second round, and as a 20 year old, made the team. In his second season he blew away all expectations, forcing  his way onto the first line, and putting up 80 points. He was consistent point per game player, throughout his career, and he helped our team win multiple stanley cups. A big part of his success came in from his incredible speed.

The primary attribute for my player will be speed, as is is crucial for both his offensive and defensive game. The secondary attributes for my player will be scoring, passing, and defence, as they will be key for him to effectively use his speed. Other important attributes are, puck handling, and faceoffs(unless his team finds a better spot for him on the wing).

The community is what keeps a forum alive. VHLforum has that in spades. We’ve got the right people in the right roles to keep everything fresh and new members flooding in.

2) Which VHLM team would you like to be a part of next season? (Can find the current VHLM teams here)

As a member of the upcoming VHL draft pool I am simply expecting an early first round selection and hope to go to a team where I can play a key role for years to come. Can’t wait to start my VHL career.

1000+ TPE and a consistent 1+ ppg. Winning a championship would be the cherry on top. If there is a week where I do

not collect the max TPE we can safely

label it an anomaly. I plan on maximizing every opportunity to grow Borwinn into an elite superstar.

Patrice Bergeron

The first name in my real first name and the last name is a play on words with my actual last name and the word “win”.

6) What attribute(s) do you think you will be focusing on first with your player?

Sorta late to answer this. I plan to have a very well balanced offensive player focusing on skating and scoring while keeping defense in mind.