S61 Hall of Fame Induction

Beketov

• Commissioner

Each season the VHL honours its past players and members by selecting the elite few who will enter the vaunted Hall of Fame. This season we present two new players into the status of VHL mythology within it's walls. Without further adieu, I present the Season 61 VHL Hall of Fame class:

C - Franchise Cornerstone, S53-S60 :hel:

RS: 576 GP, 384 G, 471 A, 855 P, +456, 465 PIM, 836 HIT, 235 SB, 72 GW

PO: 93 GP, 40 G, 63 A, 103 P, +26, 66 PIM, 141 HIT, 41 SB, 8 GW

S53 Grimm Jonsson Trophy (Top Leader)

S54 Grimm Jonsson Trophy (Top Leader)

S56 Scotty Campbell Trophy (MVP)

S56 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

S58 Scotty Campbell Trophy (MVP)

S59 Scotty Campbell Trophy (MVP)

S59 Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Most Points)

S59 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

S59 Scott Boulet Trophy (Two-Way Forward)

S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding)

S60 Scott Boulet Trophy (Two-Way Forward)

Three Continental Cups (S54, S55, S60)

LW - John Locke, S54-S60 :que::rig::hel:

RS: 504 GP, 355 G, 337 A, 692 P, +383, 207 PIM, 491 HIT, 292 SB, 79 GW

PO: 75 GP, 61 G, 45 A, 106 P, +28, 40 PIM, 78 HIT, 52 SB, 12 GW

S54 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie)

S57 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

S57 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S58 Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most Outstanding)

S58 Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals)

Four Continental Cups (S56, S57, S58, S60)

By the time he brought home 5 awards in Season 59 Franchise Cornerstone had already cemented himself firmly as a first ballot Hall of Fame player. Bringing home an amazing 11 awards and three continental cups over his career, @boubabi proved that as a member he may have been controversial but as a player he was unstoppable. One of the top goal scorers in the league, Cornerstone also made a name for himself as an outstanding defensive player bringing home the Boulet trophy for 2-way forward twice on top of his 2 Brooks trophies (most goals), 2 Szatkowski trophies (most points) and 3 Campbell trophies (MVP). A player this dominant does not come around  often and when they do it’s commonplace for them to jump between teams regularly. Cornerstone, however, did not. From the Season 53 draft through his entire career he played as the star forward of the powerhouse Helsinki Titans dynasty; showcasing not only talent but a team-spirit rarely seen in the VHL. Now he shall be showcased differently, as a VHL Hall of Famer.

In what is potentially a record-setting third straight Hall oF Fame induction, @Will enters the hall once again, this time with John Locke. Locke’s individual performances were always spectacular in his 7 VHL seasons, especially in the playoffs where he held an astounding 1.4 PPG. This playoff record could easily be why Locke enters the hall with an amazing 4 continental cups (3 of which were consecutive) as well as a Kanou trophy for playoff MVP. Most known for his amazing seasons in Riga Locke would have success early on as well, winning the Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie) and his first continental cup in Quebec before moving on to win another cup in Helsinki to end his career. Perhaps a telling sign of how clutch Locke was is the fact that, as dominant as Franchise Cornerstone was, Locke had 7 more game winning goals despite having played a full season less. Locke was one half of the most dominant pairs to play in the VHL of the past 10 seasons and now is one half of a dominant pair entering the VHL Hall of Fame as first ballot inductees.

Congratulations to both new entrants in the Hall of Fame!

Induction Voting Results

Franchise Cornerstone - 10/10

John Locke - 7/10

Fredinamijs Krigars - 2/10

Tyson Kohler - 1/10

Jakab Holik - 0/10

Wesley Kellinger - 0/10

Lukas Müller - 0/10

Builder Voting Results

Tagger - 2/10

No One - 8/10

Removal Voting Results*

Wesley Kellinger - 5/10

No One - 5/10

*In the event of a tie in removal voting, no one shall be removed.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Will said:

A little sad the player I put the least into ended up being the best. Thanks nonetheless, I went from an HOF nobody to an HOF hero real quick 

You’ve officially got me beat now. I only have 1 player and a builder.

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Still have never gotten An award this might take awhile for me. :P 

You’re what, on your second player? I have 4 awards and I’m on my 11th haha. They’ll come... probably.

• Commissioner
23 minutes ago, street said:

Apollo Skye should be on the ballot

Well, I mean he should already be in the Hall of Fame tbh

I checked his stats when he was eligible, the year before Holik if I recall. He was always a good goalie but his stats don’t entirely hold up as much as you would expect them too.

Just now, Beketov said:

I checked his stats when he was eligible, the year before Holik if I recall. He was always a good goalie but his stats don’t entirely hold up as much as you would expect them too.

lol yes they do what are you talking about

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, street said:

lol yes they do what are you talking about

I could be remembering wrong, I check a lot of stats when I make the ballots. Hell I may not have even made that one, I don’t recall. I definitely recall someone’s surprising me since I figured they’d be better, thought it was Skye.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I could be remembering wrong, I check a lot of stats when I make the ballots. Hell I may not have even made that one, I don’t recall. I definitely recall someone’s surprising me since I figured they’d be better, thought it was Skye.

tbh I like Skye over DeGrath even

• Commissioner
14 minutes ago, street said:

tbh I like Skye over DeGrath even

Let's take a look at the numbers I guess and see.

Spoiler

Rhett DeGrath

RS: 494 GP, 302 W, 153 L, 37 OTL, 2.03 GAA, .925%, 86 SO

PO: 65 GP, 31 W, 27 L, 7 OTL, 2.51 GAA, .909%, 4 SO

S59 - Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)
S59 - Greg Clegane Trophy (Lowest GAA)
S55 - Scotty Campbell Trophy (MVP)
S55 - Brett Slobodzian Trophy (Most-Outstanding)
S55 - Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)
S54 - Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)

Apollo Skye

RS: 517 GP, 275 W, 192 L, 48 OTL, 2.14 GAA, .927%, 83 SO

PO: 63 GP, 30 W, 24 L, 8 OTL, 2.37 GAA, .929%, 1 SO

S51 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (Top Rookie)

S53 - Dustin Funk Trophy (Most Improved)

S53 - Scotty Campbell Trophy (MVP)
S57 - Scotty Campbell Trophy (MVP)
S57 - Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)

I'll admit, I must be thinking of the wrong player because his numbers look better than I remember. His win column and GAA are lacking a bit compared to DeGrath but his shutouts stand up and award cabinet is decent. Wins and GAA can obviously be overlooked a bit based on team. His stats are certainly comparable to Holik (below for comparison since he's the only goalie currently on the ballot) and his playoff performances and awards are there.

Spoiler

Jakab Holik

RS: 500 GP, 292 W, 178 L, 30 OTL, 2.00 GAA, .922%, 88 SO

PO: 35 GP, 15 W, 16 L, 4 OTL, 2.59 GAA, .908%, 3 SO

S53 Aidan Shaw Trophy (Top Goalie)

If I'm being truthful I think the S51 class may have been completely missed when adding players for whatever reason. The S59 HoF class would have been when they came in but I see no one added that season. May be something we look into as an entire draft year of eligible players may have been jumped over. Mind you I think Skye was the only player of note from that class.

• Admin
6 hours ago, Beketov said:

Let's take a look at the numbers I guess and see.

Reveal hidden contents

I'll admit, I must be thinking of the wrong player because his numbers look better than I remember. His win column and GAA are lacking a bit compared to DeGrath but his shutouts stand up and award cabinet is decent. Wins and GAA can obviously be overlooked a bit based on team. His stats are certainly comparable to Holik (below for comparison since he's the only goalie currently on the ballot) and his playoff performances and awards are there.

Reveal hidden contents

If I'm being truthful I think the S51 class may have been completely missed when adding players for whatever reason. The S59 HoF class would have been when they came in but I see no one added that season. May be something we look into as an entire draft year of eligible players may have been jumped over. Mind you I think Skye was the only player of note from that class.

Wow I actually came into the inductions section to check if Skye had been inducted - as my career stats work earlier today suggested he very much should be.

• Commissioner
Just now, Victor said:

Wow I actually came into the inductions section to check if Skye had been inducted - as my career stats work earlier today suggested he very much should be.

Honestly I think it was a mistake that he was missed. No one else from that class was really worth inducting so I didn't add them but I must have missed Skye. It's odd procedure but I imagine I will be adding him to the ballot next season because he does deserve to be on there.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I think it was a mistake that he was missed. No one else from that class was really worth inducting so I didn't add them but I must have missed Skye. It's odd procedure but I imagine I will be adding him to the ballot next season because he does deserve to be on there.

King and Skye over Holik next season it is then. :P 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Victor said:

King and Skye over Holik next season it is then. :P 

Oh I fully expect Holik to never get in. Shit playoff stats and only 1 Shaw will likely hold me back. Last season was likely my best chance but Jokinen was too good and DeGrath was kinda obvious. However if King gets in and I don't I'll riot.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Oh I fully expect Holik to never get in. Shit playoff stats and only 1 Shaw will likely hold me back. Last season was likely my best chance but Jokinen was too good and DeGrath was kinda obvious. However if King gets in and I don't I'll riot.

yall better induct Freddy first though

• Commissioner
Just now, hedgehog337 said:

yall better induct Freddy first though

Based on the discussions in there this time around, it would have to be one hell of a class next season for him not to be.

That's basically why I suspect Holik won't make it. Would have to be a low year and not have a pile of good players still sitting on the ballot. Hard to get in on good shutout and GAA numbers alone.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Based on the discussions in there this time around, it would have to be one hell of a class next season for him not to be.

That's basically why I suspect Holik won't make it. Would have to be a low year and not have a pile of good players still sitting on the ballot. Hard to get in on good shutout and GAA numbers alone.

Year after maybe. I'm not sure anybody from the S55 draft class will be inducted, Boeser probably would've been the closest pre-retirement.