VHL Banner Competition Voting

Quik

VHL Banner Competition  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which banner do you believe is the best?

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4
    • Option 5
    • Option 6
    • Option 7
    • Option 8
    • Option 9
    • Option 10
    • Option 11
    • Option 12

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Will said:

Yeah the numbering confused me. I could edit it but doesn't look like it'll matter so I'll just leave it for @Enorama ? 

I'm def not going to win anyways, so I appreciate the generosity.

I'm just really unhappy with the coloring but what are ya gonna do about it.

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Yeah the numbering confused me. I could edit it but doesn't look like it'll matter so I'll just leave it for @Enorama ? 

Matters to get into the top 3 haha

Edited by Quik

• Commissioner

Voting is done so feel free to claim these as PT's if you'd like.

@Quik, you can decide how you want to handle the 3-way tie for 2nd as far as handing out TPE rewards.

First off, congratulations to @McWolf for submitting the winning entry!

LTLrYHz.jpg

Second, with a 3-way tie for 2nd place, the payout for that spot will be lowered by 1 TPE, from 6 to 5 for those who finished in that position. Uncapped TPE Payouts are listed below, link to this post as "Other TPE" in the portal to claim your TPE! Don't forget that you are also allowed to use these submissions as a Point Task for any of the next 4 Point Task Weeks, concluding September 9th!

1st Place: Option 9 (@McWolf) - 8 Uncapped TPE

2nd Place (tied): Option 7 (@Quik) - 5 Uncapped TPE

2nd Place (tied): Option 8 (@Beketov)  - 5 Uncapped TPE

2nd Place (tied): Option 10 (@Pandar)  - 5 Uncapped TPE

All other Contestants (See Below): 2 Uncapped TPE

@Arthur @ShawnGlade @VV2O4 @.sniffuM @Jubo07 @Enorama @pennypenny @Cornflakers

• Senior Admin

Hmm so yes the icons clashing with the linked-icons pose a challenge. 

I see two solutions: 

1) Get rid of the linked icons. They're probably used much less now that update threads aren't on the forum, and we could even get rid of the subforums for Roster and just have the Roster's under the main Team forums so they'd only be one click from homepage. Could probably figure out something for the links to the index's.

2) If McWolf could put up  a version with the icons removed (just the icons, leave the lines), we could possibly use CSS to absolute position the existing linked-icons on top of the banner in the right spots. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Will said:

Hmm so yes the icons clashing with the linked-icons pose a challenge. 

I see two solutions: 

1) Get rid of the linked icons. They're probably used much less now that update threads aren't on the forum, and we could even get rid of the subforums for Roster and just have the Roster's under the main Team forums so they'd only be one click from homepage. Could probably figure out something for the links to the index's.

2) If McWolf could put up  a version with the icons removed (just the icons, leave the lines), we could possibly use CSS to absolute position the existing linked-icons on top of the banner in the right spots. 

@McWolf and I were actually talking about it yesterday as well and he said he does agree about the issues with it as a banner so if it doesn't work as one he was considering using it for some league history type stuff, showing how the teams have moved over the course of the VHL's history.

1 minute ago, Will said:

I mean, I could do that, but it wouldn't work on mobile, as the icons themselves are about as big as the banner on mobile.

I could also do another banner, with logos closer to where the cities are, not all lines up at the bottom of the banner.

Or, as @Beketov just said, if it just doesn't work as a banner, I wouldn't mind modifying it so that it could be used to show the history of the league, the different logos the team used through the years and, most importantly, the movement of the teams across the globe. I'd need a solid VHL historian to help with that though, as parts of that information now seems to be lost.

Edited by McWolf

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, McWolf said:

Or, as @Beketov just said, if it just doesn't work as a banner, I wouldn't mind using it to show the history of the league, the different logos the team used through the years and, most importantly, the movement of the teams across the globe. I'd need a solid VHL historian to help with that though, as parts of that information now seems to be lost.

@street!

Team names I think I could nail down pretty accurately but finding the old logos could prove difficult.

17 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Team names I think I could nail down pretty accurately but finding the old logos could prove difficult.

Yeah, when we talked yesterday, you seemed to remember the movements of the teams pretty well over the years.

Edited by McWolf

• Commissioner

I do have an odd feeling I have some of the old school logos kicking around on my computer. I’m just not completely sure I have all of them. I’ll need to check. The original 8 ones especially will be tough.

to fix the logo issue  for the double logos case, just screenshot the site, and in photoshop or whatever, do a mockup like what I did with mine and base some new lines off the position of the current icons. That way nothing new needs to be done to the site

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

to fix the logo issue  for the double logos case, just screenshot the site, and in photoshop or whatever, do a mockup like what I did with mine and base some new lines off the position of the current icons. That way nothing new needs to be done to the site

Doesn’t fix the problem with the mobile version though, the icons are spaced different and stacked on mobile.

• Beketov unfeatured this topic