SCOTT SHAWINGANEN TO CENTRE 2ND LINE IN VEGAS [1/2]

Cornflakers

OTTAWA CITIZEN PRESS, AUG 13, 2018

SCOTT SHAWINGANEN TO CENTRE 2ND LINE IN VEGAS

“It all happened so fast…” Scott Shawinganen, the newest member of the Las Vegas Aces, said. “[The guys] have been great so far, I am excited for sure, can’t wait to get going”.

Jubo07, assistant GM of the Aces, told journalists earlier that Shawinganen could be centering the 2nd line, with recent draftee Borwinn lining up on his left. This comes moments after Scott accepted the highest offer, despite rumours that other GMs were offering 1st line minutes.

“We talked at length with the GM, assistant, and other management, and we are going to push for Scott to get as much ice time as he can, whether that be on special teams, or an extra shift here or there … ultimately we will leave those decisions to the coach” said Scott’s agent and elementary school teacher Mr. Reinstadt.

Reinstadt was the one who got Scott into hockey in grade six, he played varsity and was a natural, he was quickly scouted to play for the Jr. Senators and found his way into a tryout for the 67s where he was eventually signed.

Reinstadt coaches the Jr. Senators in his free time, and runs his agent business for local athletes in the summer months. Retiring soon, Reinstadt says he will stick with Scott until he transitions to “the next level” and can be taken care of by another agent.

Scott’s other linemates for the upcoming season are as follows: Centre - Scott Shawinganen, Left Wing - Julian Borwinn, Right Wing - Patrick Stucky, Defender(s) - Raul Saint.

“I’m looking forward to building chemistry with these guys, we are a bit of a rag tag team, but we have a lot of heart and I think we can make a real run for our money, we are certainly going to be fun to watch, and I think that’s something fans are going to notice, I hope it helps come next offseason as a fan favourite to get drafted.” Scott added.

In a small scrimmage game, set just off the Vegas strip st a practice facility, Scott landed early in the morning and headed straight to the rink. He warmed up and they had a quick 3 on 3 with Von Moltke, Revchenko, Boucher potted 3 goals, while Shawinganen, Borwinn, Stucky potted 2. Defenders were of note, and Alex Peppers stood on his head to keep the score close. “Peps was insane, he’s in great shape and his level of compete is nothing like I’ve ever seen” Scott told citizen reports over Skype.

“It’s warm here, I miss my folks a bit, it’s more of a dry heat, so it’s not as humid as back home, it helps with my breathing, there are a ton of cool places to eat. Coach won’t let us party on the strip, which you’d think would be a bummer, but I’m more so focused on getting in shape and ready to start the season”. He added.

We have yet to get a copy of the upcoming schedule, but look for Shawinganen and the second line to provide some consistent supporting cast to what could become a very entertaining Vegas team.

Jill Fontaine, OTTAWA CITIZEN PRESS, Aug 13, 2018

Review - I really like how you weaved in the personal relationship with your player and the teacher. Those small details like that go the distance and really help ground the entire thing. Great job there. You did good weaving the paragraphs with player quotations and you give a good glimpse at the personality of your player. I really liked this write up, amazing work.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to SCOTT SHAWINGANEN TO CENTRE 2ND LINE IN VEGAS [1/2]