Playing around with career stats

Victor

• Admin

Sadly our stats guru @street hasn't updated the linked spreadsheet for a while: 

That's not the end of the world because we now have the portal, but makes comparison between the bestest players ever a bit trickier. So I've gone and thrown in the stats of some of the best modern players in the below:

Skaters Stats - reg. season

Skaters stats - plfs

Goalies stats - reg. season

Goalies stats - plfs

The players I've updated are highlighted in blue. I've gone for HOF inductees and award winners, but let me know if there's any players with good stats I've missed off.

A few points of interest on this though:

John Locke - now the all-time playoff goals leader. That's quite a feat, in around the same amount of games as Scotty Campbell too. Playoff legend this man.

Phil Shankly - became the all-time playoff hits leader. Probably.

A few goalies tried to come for my all-time shutouts record. They failed, just, but split the Cleganes forever :( Astrid Moon should not have retired early though.

Unassisted and Franchise Cornerstone (especially Unassisted) landed well in goals and points as I think was well known. Lots of movement in GWGs though Campbell remains untouchable.

Shankly, Fook Yu, Theo Axelsson up there in all-time hits.

• Commissioner
17 minutes ago, Victor said:

A few goalies tried to come for my all-time shutouts record. They failed, just, but split the Cleganes forever :(

I still think If I could have had a half decent rookie season I would have taken that from you.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I still think If I could have had a half decent rookie season I would have taken that from you.

Yeah, wow you had a rough one. I had 8 shutouts in my rookie season (and a cup). :P 

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Victor said:

Yeah, wow you had a rough one. I had 8 shutouts in my rookie season (and a cup). :P 

Don’t rub it in haha. If I had the same amount of shutouts my rookie year as you did I would have that all-time record. Instead I’m stuck behind the Cleganes in both all time and single season records for shutouts.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Don’t rub it in haha. If I had the same amount of shutouts my rookie year as you did I would have that all-time record. Instead I’m stuck behind the Cleganes in both all time and single season records for shutouts.

We weren't fucking around. RIP @JardyB10

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Victor said:

We weren't fucking around. RIP @JardyB10

It’s the curse of Holik. Always just one step behind someone else. First few years it was the Cleganes, then it was a clash between myself and Skye for a couple of seasons before Moon and DeGrath came in to overshadow me again.

But no, you indeed were not fucking around haha. 22 shutouts in a season is a number hats damn near impossible to attain. Mind you I do think I have the record for consecutive shutouts to start a season, there’s just no numbers on it anywhere to confirm. One of my years in NY I started with I think 5 or 7 shutouts to start the year. @Devise likely recalls.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Beketov said:

It’s the curse of Holik. Always just one step behind someone else. First few years it was the Cleganes, then it was a clash between myself and Skye for a couple of seasons before Moon and DeGrath came in to overshadow me again.

By this point I think it's just the curse of you and goalies. :P 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Victor said:

By this point I think it's just the curse of you and goalies. :P 

You mean my players in general right? I’m onto my 11th and have only 1 HoF spot and 4 awards. I also haven’t had a cup in awhile.

I did edit that post with 1 record I think I hold but it’s pretty damn specific and I don’t think we could be bothered to go back and track it.

• Admin

I also haven’t had a cup in awhile.

Shame you're on Seattle now.

I did edit that post with 1 record I think I hold but it’s pretty damn specific and I don’t think we could be bothered to go back and track it.

I think that's probably accurate. You can have it.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Victor said:

I think that's probably accurate. You can have it.

I’ll take anything I can get over you guys. Certainly don’t have the shutouts, the cups, or the awards so i need something haha

I also went back and checked. Was 5 in a row to start Season 54. I would say it's definitely the most consecutive to start a season if not the most consecutive shutouts in general. Again though, no stats exist for either.

• Admin
1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Glad Wingate's playoff numbers still aren't being touched. And he's not part of the list yet, but McAllister's getting up there on some lists - top 30 in goals and 20 in playoff goals.

yup I decided the manual nature of this update didn't make sense to do for active players. McAllister and Stopko currently the likeliest to feature near the top I think. Forsberg and Arkander would have been two others I think but it wasn't meant to be.

• Senior Admin
15 minutes ago, Victor said:

Also @Will any idea why only half of Markus King's career seems to be showing up on the portal? Reckon he'll have had good stats.

Yeah Jardy fucked me and spelled his name as Marcus King for the first half of his career. Fixed ? 

Shawn Gretzky had a pretty decent career. 674 points, 69th all time in reg season. 93 playoff points which is 8th all time in playoff history. His 62 assists are tied with Chershenko in playoff assists. pretty decent just imagine if i stayed active and added more tpe with him. since i went inactive for his last 3 seasons