Tyler Smith Press Conference

DrHexDex

Tyler walked up to the row of microphones and sat down, looking around the room. "Hey guys, thanks for having me again." He said with a smile. "I'm ready to take your questions, feel free to ask what ever you please." He said leaning back.

"But for those of you who don't know, I hope some of you read my rookie profile that the VHLM did for me." He said holding up the article

1. Halifax is an expansion team. What are your thoughts about being a part of the first roster that this team has ever put on the ice?

2. You're one of three goalies currently on the Halifax roster. What can you do to stand out from your peers and earn that starting spot between the posts?

3. What are your feelings towards being on a team with Flipachev, who's being heralded as one of the most interesting young prospects from the draft?

4. What personal goals do you hope to achieve this season?

5. Halifax is a long ways from home for you. What do you think will be the biggest challenges from this long distance move? The best benefits?

1. The excess of goalies on the Halifax roster means that you have more competition then many other goalies. Do you think you can compete?

2. Are you excited to play on Halifax with them being an expansion team and all?

3. You are the 3rd oldest player in the most recent draft could that have an affect on your career?

4. If you could wish to be drafted by a specific team in the VHL what team would it be?

5. Have you gotten to practice with the team yet, and if you have is the locker room similar to the Blue Jays back home?

"Yes, @DaftRaincloud you first."

20 hours ago, DaftRaincloud said:

1. Halifax is an expansion team. What are your thoughts about being a part of the first roster that this team has ever put on the ice?

"I was excited, I get to help set the bar for the quality of goalies to come for the future of this team.

2. You're one of three goalies currently on the Halifax roster. What can you do to stand out from your peers and earn that starting spot between the posts?

"Doing what I always do, live in the gym and talk with my trainers. I've already passed 70 TPE in just a week and a half. I'm sure the road ahead will be great."

3. What are your feelings towards being on a team with Flipachev, who's being heralded as one of the most interesting young prospects from the draft?

"It's going to be a interesting time, I can't wait to see how they do on the ice."

4. What personal goals do you hope to achieve this season?

"To be in the top 3 of goalies this season in wins and save %."

5. Halifax is a long ways from home for you. What do you think will be the biggest challenges from this long distance move? The best benefits?

"The language barrier, but I think the best benefit is it's a new place. It's like a reset button."

"Thank you for your time Daft, I'll take the next one please."

Edited by DrHexDex

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes @Jose Gonzalez you're next."

1. The excess of goalies on the Halifax roster means that you have more competition then many other goalies. Do you think you can compete?

"That is the plan, I'd hate to be a let down who can't keep up."

2. Are you excited to play on Halifax with them being an expansion team and all?

"Of course I am! We have a chance to make history"

3. You are the 3rd oldest player in the most recent draft could that have an affect on your career?

"Maybe, maybe not. We'll see as time goes on."

4. If you could wish to be drafted by a specific team in the VHL what team would it be?

"Don't really have a favorite team in the VHL. I'll play where I go."

5. Have you gotten to practice with the team yet, and if you have is the locker room similar to the Blue Jays back home

"I've gotten plenty of practice time with the team. The locker room is different from that back in Bloomington. It's bigger and the players are more serious."

"Thank you for your time."

Edited by DrHexDex

• 4 weeks later...

1. You and Mertz have been awesome this year, awesome. But we have to wonder, is there ever fighting over ice-time?

2. How did you feel when Nguyen and Crimson came to Halifax?

3. Anybody in your team as close to you as Nguyen to Crimson?

4. What are your plans moving forward from this season?

5. Do you wear your sweater with pride and wear it everywhere? Or do you conceal yourself so people can't recognize you?

6. What is your Favourite NHL Team?

• 2 months later...

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@DrHexDex