Bassolino

Smarch

:dav:Bassolino Signs On for One More Year:olddav:

Reports coming out of Davos Switzerland this week have been reporting that former Davos First Overall Pick (Season Fifty-Nine), Joseph Bassolino had contemplated moving on from the Dynamo organization at the conclusion of last season. Although the rumors appear to be coming from a reliable source, it’s tough to actually say as Bassolino put ink to paper on a one year contact with the Dynamo on August 6th; just one day after the Dynamo took home the Continental Cup.

Rumors started to leak from someone attached to the Bassolino camp that, Bassolino and his agent were reaching out to other potential VHL free agents to gauge the free agent market heading into the Season Sixty-one off-season.  

Now on just a one year contract with the Dynamo heading into the start of the season tonight, we have to wonder as the Dynamo hit their competitive years, will Bassolino look at Davos as a long-term solution, or will he leave the only team he has known since entering the VHL.  

Review - I remember reading the Bassolino biography when I has first joined the league. Seeing an update article was a fun read. Still cant picture a 51 year old man from the Bronx playing professional ice hockey but it sure is tough to not pull for the guy. I always enjoy the small touches on these articles such as adding the Davos team logo; I think it adds a more appealing nature to the read.