VHL Portal - Fix the VHLM?

Will

• Senior Admin

So, I've been well aware that the VHLM page of the Portal has needed a re-vamp for some time. It doesn't look good and its not very functional.

I've had a few ideas for it, but I haven't been able to decide which way to go so I've been putting it off. My sort of going plan was actually incorporate all the main stat pages like indiviudal leaders, overall league leader, standings, schedule ect into one tabbed VHLM page (rather than the ugly links to VHLM-versions of the VHL stat pages). 

But I think I might have come up with a better solution: why have a dedicated VHLM page at all?

Instead, we could have a 'switch' that would always be visible somewhere in the header, and it would look something like this:

54a14b6c7c40178c92d0ddab6e036fbd.png

And when you click one league, we could have everything that comes from STHS switch to VHL or VHLM. So there would be no need for a separate VHLM 'page', you'd just click the button to change to VHLM-view and all the standard stat pages would be showing VHLM instead. On the homepage, VHLM Recent Games would be shown instead of VHL. This wouldn't have any effect on the other pages like player list, ect obviously - just the stat ones. It would also be stored as a 'user setting' type thing, so it would remember your chosen view each time you visit the site.

But I'm thinking that's probably the most functional solution?

45 minutes ago, Will said:

So, I've been well aware that the VHLM page of the Portal has needed a re-vamp for some time. It doesn't look good and its not very functional.

I've had a few ideas for it, but I haven't been able to decide which way to go so I've been putting it off. My sort of going plan was actually incorporate all the main stat pages like indiviudal leaders, overall league leader, standings, schedule ect into one tabbed VHLM page (rather than the ugly links to VHLM-versions of the VHL stat pages). 

But I think I might have come up with a better solution: why have a dedicated VHLM page at all?

Instead, we could have a 'switch' that would always be visible somewhere in the header, and it would look something like this:

54a14b6c7c40178c92d0ddab6e036fbd.png

And when you click one league, we could have everything that comes from STHS switch to VHL or VHLM. So there would be no need for a separate VHLM 'page', you'd just click the button to change to VHLM-view and all the standard stat pages would be showing VHLM instead. On the homepage, VHLM Recent Games would be shown instead of VHL. This wouldn't have any effect on the other pages like player list, ect obviously - just the stat ones. It would also be stored as a 'user setting' type thing, so it would remember your chosen view each time you visit the site.

But I'm thinking that's probably the most functional solution?

Its great that one of the biggest parts of retention is getting an update. 

• Senior Admin

Only thing is, when viewing Team Scoring for VHLM, we don't have the nice square images for VHLM teams like 47o7K3g.png so I had just use small logos for now.

@Beketov think we could make some of those for all the VHLM teams once we get the HFX logo?

Have to say this change has been really good, awesome job! The only thing I've noticed is that the link to the index when your in VHLM still goes to the VHL, is that possible to switch to VHLM index? Cause that'd make it even more awesome!