To the rafters in Ottawa you go!

diamond_ace

Beketov's post about retiring jerseys made me kind of evaluate recent contributors to the club. It's hard to really have someone worth retiring in the VHLM, since players tend to spend one season and then go up to the bigs, so how much did they really contribute to the VHLM team in the long run? I wanted to do one for now, and there will likely be another after the season, but the Ottawa Lynx need to show appreciation for a longtime VHLMer, who finished his career here with us and is now plying his trade for the Toronto Legion in the VHL.

Paul Dimirio Jr actually spent more of his VHLM time in Saskatoon than he did in Ottawa, with 6 seasons total, 4 there and 2 here, but the thing that stands out to me, and why Dimirio is the first Lynx jersey retirement in a long while is that he chose to come here as an active free agent twice after his draftee rights years expired with Saskatoon. Dimirio bought into the team philosophy in S60, when we tried to make a run for the cup but lost in game 7 of the finals to Saskatoon. He chose to return in S61 despite the brief retool and the fact that we were only a mediocre team that year. This is the type of guy that isn't typically going to make the headlines, he's not the top TPE earner or anything of the sort, but he's been a great servant to the club prior to his promotion to the VHL.

Obviously with player numbers being such a small part of the sim, I'm not going to make a rule that no future Lynx can wear 13, because I'm not going through all the player pages to check, so it's more a symbolic retirement than anything, but the banner of Paul Dimirio Jr will hang in the rafters in Ottawa into perpetuity.

@124715 

@Beketov here's one :)

• 9 months later...
On August 17, 2018 at 8:14 PM, diamond_ace said:

Beketov's post about retiring jerseys made me kind of evaluate recent contributors to the club. It's hard to really have someone worth retiring in the VHLM, since players tend to spend one season and then go up to the bigs, so how much did they really contribute to the VHLM team in the long run? I wanted to do one for now, and there will likely be another after the season, but the Ottawa Lynx need to show appreciation for a longtime VHLMer, who finished his career here with us and is now plying his trade for the Toronto Legion in the VHL.

Paul Dimirio Jr actually spent more of his VHLM time in Saskatoon than he did in Ottawa, with 6 seasons total, 4 there and 2 here, but the thing that stands out to me, and why Dimirio is the first Lynx jersey retirement in a long while is that he chose to come here as an active free agent twice after his draftee rights years expired with Saskatoon. Dimirio bought into the team philosophy in S60, when we tried to make a run for the cup but lost in game 7 of the finals to Saskatoon. He chose to return in S61 despite the brief retool and the fact that we were only a mediocre team that year. This is the type of guy that isn't typically going to make the headlines, he's not the top TPE earner or anything of the sort, but he's been a great servant to the club prior to his promotion to the VHL.

Obviously with player numbers being such a small part of the sim, I'm not going to make a rule that no future Lynx can wear 13, because I'm not going through all the player pages to check, so it's more a symbolic retirement than anything, but the banner of Paul Dimirio Jr will hang in the rafters in Ottawa into perpetuity.

@124715 

@Beketov here's one :)

Very honored o.o