Sign in to follow this  
Victor

Repeat Award Winners

A spreadsheet? You betcha.

source.gif

Please welcome the multiple award winners breakdown and a team summary too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PpeN-ojBb_MBZ6EzS_QYGzwl8CUbPgFIuK0pBEqUYk8/edit?usp=sharing

Not to be confused with street's 'every award won by a player' spreadsheet: https://vhlforum.com/topic/50279-awards-won-by-player-and-member/

x

6 minutes ago, Devise said:

The real Victor is back in full swing, which means we get Spreadsheet after spreadsheet after spreadsheet. Yo media spot peeps, these are great research tools for articles. Just saying. 

The real Victor is in the midst of 1.5 weeks of self-study leave from work and is using them as wisely as ever. I'm sure I'll go back into the shadows by next weekend.

31 minutes ago, Devise said:

The real Victor is back in full swing, which means we get Spreadsheet after spreadsheet after spreadsheet. Yo media spot peeps, these are great research tools for articles. Just saying. 

Research? What is this thing you speak of? You mean there are people who can't just spit out 500 words on nothing?

10 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Research? What is this thing you speak of? You mean there are people who can't just spit out 500 words on nothing?

Ha, yeah I mean sometimes I'm guilty of just the throw words out thing. Especially for Fan590's. But back when we all did MS regularly I felt like we always loved to put some research into interesting topics.

On that subject, all these lists are now making me wonder which player agency has the most awards all time. Or like, top 10 player agencies in terms of awards. I think if you compare that with player agencies who also have most HoF players we could probably nail down a top player agency list tbh. Sure some of that is subjective, but at a certain point if a player agency has a ton of HoF and won all the awards ever like @Green and @Higgins for example. 

3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Where's the KNIGHT TROPHY at tho @Victor

The GM spreadsheet covers that.

21 minutes ago, Devise said:

On that subject, all these lists are now making me wonder which player agency has the most awards all time.

Street's thread I linked in the OP addresses that. I think I've now (after Clegane) won every VHL award apart from the brand new ones and the silly Virkkunen (RIP).

3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Where's Black Velvet on the Top D list though? Hello

:leohide:

14 hours ago, Victor said:

A spreadsheet? You betcha.

source.gif

Please welcome the multiple award winners breakdown and a team summary too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PpeN-ojBb_MBZ6EzS_QYGzwl8CUbPgFIuK0pBEqUYk8/edit?usp=sharing

Not to be confused with street's 'every award won by a player' spreadsheet: https://vhlforum.com/topic/50279-awards-won-by-player-and-member/

x

Looking at that list. Shouldnt the Lobo be renamed to the O'Malley? Four times in a row and all ;)

13 minutes ago, Green said:

Looking at that list. Shouldnt the Lobo be renamed to the O'Malley? Four times in a row and all ;)

And the Boulet to Smalling and Labatte to Low? :P

It's actually quite a fine line for me, I don't even know where to stand. Realistically, all of O'Malley, Low, and Smalling were better players than the awards' namesakes. But those 3 played key roles in the league getting past 10 seasons so I feel like we can't change the names on a whim.

We just need to come up with good ways to recognise modern day achievements as well (other than HOF and the achievement itself).