Best VHLM Idea

So @Devise kinda laid the ground work for this one.

I propose that creation TPE for everyone is 175 TPE. Everyone will be on a level playing field. Devise said "One of these days there is going to be a new underground VHL Meta where the challenge isn't how much TPE you can earn, but how good of a VHLM Superstar you can build with only 175 TPE at your disposal."

So why not have some fun and try to contest this? Whether recreate with carryover or first gen, hand out the 175 and see what people can do with it. You would still be able to earn just like a normal person would, except it would all be banked. Carryover would also be banked as the cap would still sit at 175 applied. This helps out some of the vets who don't really like to sit in the VHLM long and at the same time the parity in the VHLM could be fun once more again. It would be interesting to see all teams either on a competing level or trying to trade some players away to kind of rebuild but with lesser players.

I know @.sniffuM also had his idea with the Splitting carryover and creation and bumping up the VHLM cap thing and this could kind of still help that in a way.

This could also help with those first gens so they don't have to worry about career years kicking in. They can still get the full 8 year career in the VHL without having to worry about playing an extra season in the VHLM unless they opt to do so. The 200 hard cap would still be in place in order to no longer play in the VHLM.

I personally think this could be fun and it could definitely help the league. At least by doing this those new guys who create at 30 TPE then go missing would be 175 TPE players who would still be better depth players than those with 30 TPE.

@Will @Devise @Banackock @diamond_ace @Victor @Tyler @Spade18 @Beaviss @hedgehog337 @DollarAndADream @Laflamme @ShawnGlade @BarzalGoat @Gooningitup

Edited by Trifecta

Torn - parts I like and parts I don't. I think it would kill the VHLM, as any offseason where more than 25 points are available (giveaways, plus prob 2 weeks of cap) means all max active people in those years would skip the VHLM entirely

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

Torn - parts I like and parts I don't. I think it would kill the VHLM, as any offseason where more than 25 points are available (giveaways, plus prob 2 weeks of cap) means all max active people in those years would skip the VHLM entirely

That's the thing though, you can't skip it. With this your creation would be right there at the year. No more of this trade deadline retirement stuff. If you retired at the deadline, you will be waiting until the new season starts.

Just now, diamond_ace said:

So new guys would have to hold off creating, causing them to go inactive. Don't get me wrong there are parts of this I actually like, I'd say largely it's decent, but there are some holes in it

Luckily this is the ground work. I guess you could say those who create after the draft, etc would get maybe like 125 then. They could still manage to get 50 in that season. But recreates would be stuck to playing one season minimum in the VHLM (entire season) and can't TD recreate.

I like the thought of trying to keep players engaged and make it more competitive, but on the GM that’s what separates good GMs from bad GMs, being able to find active players and get them on your squad. Everyone having a maxed out team eliminates the need for trading at all and GMs wouldn’t need to put any effort in at all. I’m sure players wouldn’t mind all too much because it’s free TPE, but it’s not fair to those who grinded to 175 normally and even those in the VHL now who hit 300 by the time they were in the VHL.

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

I like the thought of trying to keep players engaged and make it more competitive, but on the GM that’s what separates good GMs from bad GMs, being able to find active players and get them on your squad. Everyone having a maxed out team eliminates the need for trading at all and GMs wouldn’t need to put any effort in at all. I’m sure players wouldn’t mind all too much because it’s free TPE, but it’s not fair to those who grinded to 175 normally and even those in the VHL now who hit 300 by the time they were in the VHL.

This would make it so GM's can still be separated from good and bad as well. Also if you think this would eliminate trading, take a step back and re-think what you said. This would open up trading more. GM's would be scrambling to find the right players for their style of play. Also how would it not be fair to those who grinded? Everyone will be at the proper level so it would still be those who put in the work. This helps eliminate career years for those first gens. I mean as it is unless you hit the 200 cap in one season, you will be losing out on one entire year of VHL eligibility. That means a 7 year career over an 8. Which would you prefer?

1. TPE inflation. It would completely fuck the brackets - or largely help players get to higher ones faster which would make players more expensive. The end result, having to raise the cap which is no easy task.

2. As stated, would kill the VHLM. No competition. Here, everyone. Without any hard work, you earn maximum TPE for our minor league system. It would be a joke if a league.

If you wish to see what players can do at 175 TPE, provide them with the necessities and knowledge of earning weekly, Season and career TPE to reach the plateau. As proven with our many new members who are already at, slightly below or much so above, it’s very possible.

While a cake watch as such would be nice, Im sure most can collectively agree there would hold no benefit to the league. It’s free TPE and a higher starting rate just to try and keep TPE. If player 2 failed, this wouldn’t stand a chance and would do more harm than good. 

• Commissioner
55 minutes ago, Banackock said:

provide them with the necessities and knowledge of earning weekly

From a first-gens perspective, I feel this is the entire purpose of the VHLM. Supporting and developing players until they understand enough and are ready for the jump next season.

The VHLM is also doing it's best in a long time (or so I hear). New members are being very active, especially in the discord. I don't think a drastic change like that is warranted.

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

1. TPE inflation. It would completely fuck the brackets - or largely help players get to higher ones faster which would make players more expensive. The end result, having to raise the cap which is no easy task.

2. As stated, would kill the VHLM. No competition. Here, everyone. Without any hard work, you earn maximum TPE for our minor league system. It would be a joke if a league.

If you wish to see what players can do at 175 TPE, provide them with the necessities and knowledge of earning weekly, Season and career TPE to reach the plateau. As proven with our many new members who are already at, slightly below or much so above, it’s very possible.

While a cake watch as such would be nice, Im sure most can collectively agree there would hold no benefit to the league. It’s free TPE and a higher starting rate just to try and keep TPE. If player 2 failed, this wouldn’t stand a chance and would do more harm than good. 

TPE inflation happened when we agreed to the asinine 12 TPE cap. Wanna resolve that? Go back to 9 per week.

There would be plenty of competition lol. Are you joking or just trolling?

It's good to see you don't care about the first gens. Let's just get that out of the way.

Also Player 2 failed because the commishes thought it would be a cool idea to make it be double the work. They were wrong and we ALL knew it going in. P2 could work with just the normal work load for both. Granted it's not needed now, but yeah.

21 minutes ago, Reives said:

From a first-gens perspective, I feel this is the entire purpose of the VHLM. Supporting and developing players until they understand enough and are ready for the jump next season.

The VHLM is also doing it's best in a long time (or so I hear). New members are being very active, especially in the discord. I don't think a drastic change like that is warranted.

Well if you have an intelligent GM, you shouldn't need to take longer than a season or half at that matter.

5 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

TPE inflation happened when we agreed to the asinine 12 TPE cap. Wanna resolve that? Go back to 9 per week.

There would be plenty of competition lol. Are you joking or just trolling?

It's good to see you don't care about the first gens. Let's just get that out of the way.

Also Player 2 failed because the commishes thought it would be a cool idea to make it be double the work. They were wrong and we ALL knew it going in. P2 could work with just the normal work load for both. Granted it's not needed now, but yeah.

@.sniffuM why does everyone troll him? 

I don’t care care about the first gens because I don’t want to increase the free TPE from 30 to 175..? Man, you really pull shit out of your ass, hey? 

I think its very evident, based off my presence on the boards, role on the boards and discord stuff - so that’s heavily unfair to say when i can promise I’ve privately spoken to more first gens with help than yourself. ;) I could also say I do a lot more for the VHL than you! 

How would giving new members 175 help at all? I just don’t see the picture you’re trying to paint. 

Edited by Banackock

25 minutes ago, Reives said:

My point - coming from a first gen member who has become a solid, new member that contributes more than a lot of vets. 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

@.sniffuM why does everyone troll him? 

I don’t care care about the first gens because I don’t want to increase the free TPE from 30 to 175..? Man, you really pull shit out of your ass, hey? 

I think its very evident, based off my presence on the boards, role on the boards and discord stuff - so that’s heavily unfair to say when i can promise I’ve privately spoken to more first gens with help than yourself. ;) 

How would giving new members 175 help at all? I just don’t see the picture you’re trying to paint. 

You can claim to not care but it seems you aren't very into it. You put on this charade to conceal your true feelings. If you really cared, you would be for something like this. Why not instead of trying to shit on it, talk about a way to improve it. As for the speaking to first gens, it's your damned job. If it wasn't, I couldn't see you jumping at it.

Also it helps them out because they don't have to be thrown down to like 2nd or 3rd lines and can actually make a difference. We expanded one team for what? We got a huge influx of members and all that was to be added was just 1 team? SMH. Should have been 3. But go on about "I have talked to more first gens than yourself" and "Your idea is shit and wrong".

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

My point - coming from a first gen member who has become a solid, new member that contributes more than a lot of vets. 

cOmInG fRoM a FiRsT gEn WhO hAs BeCoMe A sOlId, NeW mEmBeR tHaT cOnTrIbUtEs MoRe ThAn A lOt Of VeTs

Just now, Trifecta said:

You can claim to not care but it seems you aren't very into it. You put on this charade to conceal your true feelings. If you really cared, you would be for something like this. Why not instead of trying to shit on it, talk about a way to improve it. As for the speaking to first gens, it's your damned job. If it wasn't, I couldn't see you jumping at it.

Also it helps them out because they don't have to be thrown down to like 2nd or 3rd lines and can actually make a difference. We expanded one team for what? We got a huge influx of members and all that was to be added was just 1 team? SMH. Should have been 3. But go on about "I have talked to more first gens than yourself" and "Your idea is shit and wrong".

I didn’t claim to not care? I’m not into the idea - if that’s what you’re saying. I don’t like it. It won’t be implemented - I can guarantee it. 

And we have spoke of ways ways to help the VHLM. Shit takes time. We can’t just implement the first idea we think of or stuff like this would be in place and we’d be the next league closing doors after 11 entire years. 

I think I can say I’ve helped a lot of new and old members prior to me being commissioner.

You need to stop speaking so manipulative as it’s not working and bringing stuff into the argument that isn’t true for the sake of bringing people to your side. 

Ive also explained why the idea won’t work and @Reives also touched on somethings. As have others. The idea won’t work. 

Just now, Banackock said:

I didn’t claim to not care? I’m not into the idea - if that’s what you’re saying. I don’t like it. It won’t be implemented - I can guarantee it. 

And we have spoke of ways ways to help the VHLM. Shit takes time. We can’t just implement the first idea we think of or stuff like this would be in place and we’d be the next league closing doors after 11 entire years. 

I think I can say I’ve helped a lot of new and old members prior to me being commissioner.

You need to stop speaking so manipulative as it’s not working and bringing stuff into the argument that isn’t true for the sake of bringing people to your side. 

Ive also explained why the idea won’t work and @Reives also touched on somethings. As have others. The idea won’t work. 

All hail banana cock the new Hitler of the VHL!

Just now, Trifecta said:

Even that right that was more than you have contributed in the time you have been here.

Really? 6 seasons as VHLM GM, commissioner, BoG member, 12+ seasons as Bears GM. 

Lol man. You’re hilarious. It’s like a quarter of @boubabi lives on in you. 

Just now, Banackock said:

Really? 6 seasons as VHLM GM, commissioner, BoG member, 12+ seasons as Bears GM. 

Lol man. You’re hilarious. It’s like a quarter of @boubabi lives on in you. 

Thanks, the other 3 quarters rest inside of you

• Admin

Guys, fucking stop. You were actually making good points before you decided to regress back to the mean ffs.

For what it's worth, I think Bana's counter-points are valid and though good in principle, I don't think this solves the issues it's trying to. Now STFU children.