POLL: Who should be eligible for World Juniors?

Banackock

Who should be eligible?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A majority of the talk and decisions will be decided by the BoG - however, it would be nice to know what the general public thinks and feels as well. It may steer the minds of some - including myself, to different ideas and such. Please read carefully and if you have questions, ask and fully understand before voting.

OPTION ONE

Any player, who is in their rookie phase of their careers (basically their first 3 seasons since their draft) will be eligible for the World Juniors AS LONG AS THEY'RE BELOW 350 TPE. Any player above 350 TPE, despite being in their rookie phase, will not be eligible. Rosters have the potential of being smaller. 7-9 forwards, 4-6 d-men and 2 goalies.

OPTION TWO

ANY PLAYER within their first 3 seasons are allowed to play. This would mean, younger players who have smaller TPE amounts may find themselves on the 3rd line - while the big players who have higher TPE (350 to 500) would find themselves on the top lines. This offers realism, but expect your stats to go down. Rosters would be much bigger and would be something like 9-12 forwards, 4-6 D-men and 2 goalies.

Spoiler

@MD9

@Symmetrik

@Corco

@JardyB10

@Toast

@Strtlght

@Toast

@Fire Hakstol

@Frank

@evrydayimbyfuglien

@Ahma

@BluObieZ

@TheLastOlympian07

@Bring Back Chat

@Corco

@boubabi

@Higgins

@Trifecta

@Kylrad

@gregreg

@diamond_ace

@UZI

@Kyle

@STZ

@der meister 

@Kendrick

@Gooningitup

@Spade18

@ADV

@Kesler

@John Scott

@Lunaro

@bgreene21

@Velevra

@Phil

@Beaviss

@Tyler

@hedgehog337

@solas

@Jonessee27

@Will

@tfong

@Green

@jRuutu

@Banackock

@Laflamme

@CowboyinAmerica

@Devise

@Eggy216

@Pandar

@DollarAndADream

@Velevra

@philthethrill81

@Jogn

@Sixersfan549

@Mr.Baller

@Exlaxchronicles

@GoodLeftUndone

@Boragina

@Koradek

@Arthur

@stevo

@bukss_a

@FacePuncher

@DeathOnReddit

@nikkurri17

@HellBillyXIII

@MadMax

@Jepox

@Polygeekism

@Masxn1

@omgitshim

@Sami K

@OldTimeHockey

@Vincebrown

@VHLwhat

@MWHazard

@Týr

@Shaka

@Daniel

@Dangles13

@probably not noah

@iRockstar

@.sniffuM

@Victor

@Barracuda

@cpetrella

@Sathurx

@TrueNorth

@Hoopydog

@GCN7115

@Lloyd_71_Pav

@Burzawa

@CookieJo

@Austin3886

@DomWalton90

@Broalie34

@TWalkerFC

@10293lolo 2nd

@declanburns

@Quik

@Aiden G

@Talia03

@Dante Massaro

@MexicanCow

@jackphillips.18

@Hadz

@MaikTheRed

@Jera

@That1guy

@Zaramon95

@YayIWin

@Benm2110

@ujju2

@InsaneEruptt

@pennypenny

@TNTGamer101

@ColtonMariner11

@AdderClounJr209

@OB1mx

@YoungBlood

@jcfbey01

@Erik Johannsen

@Lax66

@Cleveland crashers

@AnthonyOuellet

@nucks

@PeterZahBa

@Noah Kearney

@GavinHaslam

@AndrewWarren13

@Rosco

@sencitis

@ShaneAppelle

@HockeyGod99

@nzakes

@twoplayable

@Papa Bless' Memes

@Tim

@YourInferiorx

@Seattle Storm

@PKelly

@Kalpa

@Smitty

@Jacob Kundrat

@nolanmclaney

@Gillyweed123

@miketheczar

@TN71

@njheseltine38

@Echotastic2

@lonelyethics

@ColtonMariner11

@Hybrid1486

@Romaris

@why₀

@Boomcheck

@James Ratcliffe

@Poisoniic

@Donno100

@cheidebrecht

@Glebbread

@BBNAT

@Caleb Snoe

@STiN

@bryanxm

@Joseph Wolf

@MrYams

@CahillNFLD

@Reives

@Whip

@Hunter

@david_mccarthy22

@Elhandon

@ShawnGlade

@skyhighTBE

@jrodwire

@tomppa169

@BarzalGoat

@stucky71

@T65

@Nick Blagden

@UltraMick

@Pelimies

@majesiu

@RJHockey21

@Bazmandoo22

@jlowenstein

@Zetna

@golferbml

@iamgrant2149

@Taupert97

@DC_92

@BloodMustache

@bobby

@North12420

@canadiancookie

@flowseidon

@leafsman

@deathsoftx

@muharibshakur

@MrMaxx44

@Brian Yearwood

@Deeks

@KingChance

@Harri Abraham

@Lefty

@SlapshotDragon

@Saucetonia

@Dtayl

@alecbama

@sanlitun

@Jimbo

@Renegade56

•  

Just now, Tyler said:

Option 1 for sure. Having 500 TPE player again people as l ow as 100 seems a bit unfair. Pretty sure @Bushito had like 700 TPE on his two players before he was out of his rookie phase lol.

Yeah, it’s not hard to get above 500 and still be rookie phase contract. I personally look at above 350 as definite VHL player. So, in the same vein that there’s some U20 players who aren’t released for WJC because they’re too good, there’s gonna be guys who are too good to play in the juniors here

24 minutes ago, Quik said:

Yeah, it’s not hard to get above 500 and still be rookie phase contract. I personally look at above 350 as definite VHL player. So, in the same vein that there’s some U20 players who aren’t released for WJC because they’re too good, there’s gonna be guys who are too good to play in the juniors here 

Yea exactly. Jokinen and SMith from Davos should be top tier junior players but if everyone in their rookie deal is in the tourny they become depth players almost.

9 minutes ago, Victor said:

Actually voted not for what I intended which would have been option 1. Although my preferred is option 3 - just VHLM players.

Just VHLM players is kind of a useless competition though. Most people wouldn't pay attention if there weren't VHL players.

• Commissioner

Option 1. As much as I would like to be able to take part in this, it really is for the VHLM guys. Having 500 TPE guys like myself, @Victor, @street, etc would really make their ability to contribute much lower.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Just VHLM players is kind of a useless competition though. Most people wouldn't pay attention if there weren't VHL players.

Not sure how many would pay attention with option 1 either. Or indeed option 2. People struggle to focus on the actual World Cup ffs.

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

Not sure how many would pay attention with option 1 either. Or indeed option 2. People struggle to focus on the actual World Cup ffs.

Based off Discord reactions, I'd say quite a few to OPTION 1. Same argument could go for the World Cup too. If they're a waste of time, why do them. 

5 minutes ago, Victor said:

Idk I think it'd suck for a guy to be at like 201 TPE and get left out. It isn't like it's really hard to get to 201 TPE either compared to 350 on your rookie deal.

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

Idk I think it'd suck for a guy to be at like 201 TPE and get left out. It isn't like it's really hard to get to 201 TPE either compared to 350 on your rookie deal.

IMO,

I'd stick with the 350 cap, if so. I'm a fan of either way. Earn your stripes, earn your way. It promotes effort and such. If you're shit and don't try, do you deserve a spot? Though, I would still say yes. If you log on, do some training, you're a key part to the site. Not everyone can be TPE whores. We need all members, not just some. 

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Option 1 for sure. Having 500 TPE player again people as l ow as 100 seems a bit unfair. Pretty sure @Bushito had like 700 TPE on his two players before he was out of his rookie phase lol.

Are you racist against 700 TPE rookie contract people bud?

I think actually VHL rookies should be in no matter what. Like 1st year rookies. Guys like Twinger or Malenko, or others are passed 350 TPE but are rookies  so they wouldn't be in? That kind of sucks. They're both on rebuilding teams so in an NHL situation they'd likely get sent to play in the WJ's.

Not like Riga totally needs Twinger or Toronto needs Malenko trying to contend right now. At little unfair for them to miss out on something like this that hasn't happened in a long time. Maybe at least for this season they can be let in, or create a youngstars team like the NHL World Cup had.

I’d be willing to find a way. I was gonna let it for guys like Slipher who are so close.

Best I think we could offer, is take whatever TPE off the build to bring your player to 350 if you want in. This is something I’d be open to for sure just to give these players their one chance to experience it as it won’t happen for another 5+ seasons etc. I’m willing to bend to make happy, but so do others ?

• Commissioner

I'd say VHLM + first year VHL rookies

This limits the extreme rookie cases but provides enough players for a reasonably sized playoff.

Edited by Reives

10 hours ago, Banackock said:

I’d be willing to find a way. I was gonna let it for guys like Slipher who are so close.

Best I think we could offer, is take whatever TPE off the build to bring your player to 350 if you want in. This is something I’d be open to for sure just to give these players their one chance to experience it as it won’t happen for another 5+ seasons etc. I’m willing to bend to make happy, but so do others ?

I like this idea. I'd prefer to see my spot go to someone newer who is actually going to be invested in this, but for those who are just above the cap the ability to knock off some points to fit in is a fair compromise (assuming players need to be re-created and it's not just some unnecessary work for the simmer).

On 8/20/2018 at 6:42 PM, Tyler said:

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of the VHLM having players over 175 tpe, but what can ya do ...

the WJC should be for anyone at 175 cap or below. Once you’re in the VHL, that’s your job, you can go to World Cup or something though