Check your country

Will

• Senior Admin

Hi, 

Some of you may have noticed that on the create-a-player form, instead of typing a birthplace you now select a Country from a dropdown list of all countries. Mainly this was done to a) automate player creation in the sim and b) ensure flags could be shown properly here

Problem is that migrating everyone from a text-field country abbreviation entered by the simmer to the country dropdown was tricky, especially because Higgins is lazy AF and set all the new players to Canada for some reason that is beyond my understanding. And a so lot of newer people are probably set to Canada who shouldn't be. Luckily with the country dropdown versus manual entry, countries/flags can be guaranteed accurate going forward. 

So, easiest way to get things fixed up is for you to check your own player's flag here, and if it's wrong post here letting me know your player name and what your correct country should be. 

Thanks! 

@Will

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

When I click the portal button on the forum.

• Senior Admin
4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

@Will

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

When I click the portal button on the forum.

Fixed was applying update.

• Senior Admin
8 minutes ago, Enorama said:

@Will should VHLM players be correct too? All of Yukon is Canada still.

Yes VHLM players too, though i'm less worried about any inactives. 

I originally wanted Lando to be from Ireland (as per my text create-a-player form) however when I decided that, I didn't know about international tournaments.

Will my country affect the team I'm on for World Cup or World Juniors?  If so, I don't want to miss out (I'm guessing Ireland wouldn't have a team in any tournament...)

8 minutes ago, Elhandon said:

I originally wanted Lando to be from Ireland (as per my text create-a-player form) however when I decided that, I didn't know about international tournaments.

Will my country affect the team I'm on for World Cup or World Juniors?  If so, I don't want to miss out (I'm guessing Ireland wouldn't have a team in any tournament...)

They are not leaving anyone out. We might get a Europe unified team or something like that.

And McWolf should be brit.

50 minutes ago, Elhandon said:

All countries are included and grouped. I’ll be looking at player pages tomorrow and updating everyone in the World Junior Eligibility list! 

1 hour ago, Will said:

Yes VHLM players too, though i'm less worried about any inactives. 

That means Kastelic should be Slovenia, but he still says Canada.