iPhone 7 Help - boot loop?

Banackock

Hey.

Last week it did it for the first time ever. Probably lasted 10 minutes and then phone has been fine since. Last night, phone was good and went to bed playing on it. This morning, alarm rang and I woke up, however, as I walked out the door at 0630.. my phone shut off and then booted back up BUT ONLY until you see the white apple. The white apple stays on the screen say for 3 seconds, the screen goes black and it repeats this..

It's still going, so for the last 9 hours or so - shutting on and off.

Anyone familiar with this? I'm going to do some reading up but curious if anyone else has experience with this nuisance and pain. 

Have the same thing going on with my good old Nexus LG phone or had, did that same on/off thing for about week, but now it´s been working just fine. Apparently it has something do with the power button or something related to it, what I read from the interweb and what worked with Nexus LG, when you start the phone, keep repeatedly pushing the power button until the phone is on again, tap taptaptaptaptaptaptap - kinda gently, but not really ?

@jRuutu

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

If you see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen during startup, try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, try to borrow one, or go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help. 
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. 
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.

Thats what I did. Right now I'm on iTunes and updating the new shit or whatever.. fingers crossed..

• Senior Admin

Yeah I had that on my 6s at the end of its tenure, I always did the 'hard reset' holding the home button + power. 

But then I switched to android with an s9 and I'll never go back! 

Wow. Hard to believe it could be the end of the "tenure" when the phone isn't even 10 months old, lol and just spent like $800 on it when buying it.

Technology world is a bit of a disgrace these days. The stuff didn't work. Contacted Apple support and ran through stuff. Couldn't update or restore it and still won't turn off. Off to Edmonton I guess tomorrow after work.... :(