VHLM Skills Competition

diamond_ace

So I've done this before for the VHL, but have never done it for the VHLM. See this link here if you want to see what it's like. You can choose any of the following to sign up for: fastest skater, hardest shot, creative penalty shot, and obstacle course. I'd also like to get some goalies. At the end, there will be a continuous direct shootout between all skaters. I'll use RNG for the results of the first four comps, and reserve the right to use some poetic license on the shootout. This doesn't require any work on your end, it's just me including you in a giant article.

Ideally, I'd like to get 6 skaters for each comp, and the number of goalies doesn't matter as long as it's even. Please sign up below if you're interested - note, you must have a VHLM player. I'll update the OP periodically as I get signups. I intend to write this for the week ending September 9th, so you have a bit of time yet.

Skater:

Shot:

CPS:

Obs:

Goalies:

Julian Borwinn: Signing up for;

Creative penalty shot, obstacle course and fastest skater (in that order of priority in case I can't take part in all three).

McWolf is sad there is no defensive category, so put him in the obstacle course, and he'll be the guy that gets buzzed off the ice after he's been stuck on that same puck handling attempt for 5 minutes.

EDIT: And he can goalie if you don't have enough goalies. He can block shots and hit people, that's what you need to do when guarding the net, right?

Edited by McWolf

2 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Julian Borwinn: Signing up for;

Creative penalty shot, obstacle course and fastest skater (in that order of priority in case I can't take part in all three).

If we don't get enough sign ups I double people up, so this is actually really useful

2 hours ago, jacobaa19 said:

Darn if only I were VHLM this season I’ll just coach ?

Given the lack of numbers turning up so far, I could open it up to recently-VHLM people. Most of the signups have been guys on my team since I posted the link in the discord - that and a lot of the top guys who browse the forums a bit more. Haven't got as many of the mid-actives from other teams as I'd like. Put down what you'd want to participate in, and if we have the space (which it's looking like we will) then I'll add you

15 minutes ago, BarzalGoat said:

Well if you're taking VHL rookies... put monty in for hardest shot :)

Same with you as with Jacobaa. If we don't get enough VHLM, and it looks like we won't, you two will be in. I'll likely split you up so there's a VHLer on each team.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, ColeMrtz21 said:

Watch him put us on the same team 

Considering your rivalry, I won't do this. One with Stoffiday and one with Kriketers.

Also: this will be bumped back slightly - I'll likely do it Monday night, which is the beginning of the week of the 16th.