Brackets and Cap For S63

Beketov

• Commissioner

New Brackets & Cap Incoming

This may seem like jumping the gun a bit but we want all players and GM's to be prepared when it happens. As those in the know are aware, the current Salary cap of $36 million was never meant to be permanent. It was put in while we adjusted brackets after having an extra influx of TPE from raising of the weekly cap. After much deliberation the new brackets and cap have been agreed upon and follow as such:

Legend:

TPA: Rookie Min / Prime Min

1. 0-200: 1M / 1.5M
  2. 201-300: 1.25M / 1.75M
  3. 301-400: 1.5M / 2M 
  4. 401-500: 2M / 2.5M 
  5. 501-600: 2.5M / 3.5M 
  6. 601-700: 3M / 4M 
  7. 701-800: 3.5M / 4.5M 
  8. 801-900: 4M / 5M 
  9. 901+: 4.5M / 5.5M

Salary Cap: $34 million

Maximum contracts across the board stand as $6M for Rookie contracts and $9M for Prime contracts. Please note, however, that a maximum of $3M is available to players who have been drafted but are spending extra seasons in the VHLM.

These changes won't be particularly important to many of you outright but we wanted to be clear about what's happening with them so that everyone on VHL teams, or those who are being drafted in the coming season, can be prepared. In light of these changes the league rule requiring that no salaries be decreased after they are accepted will be waived during the off-season, after the S62 Finals are complete,  to allow teams to adjust their salaries accordingly with the new brackets. Accepting these changes falls under regular regulations for the players in question.

• Beketov featured this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Senior Admin
On 8/24/2018 at 9:18 AM, Beketov said:

In light of these changes the league rule requiring that no salaries be decreased after they are accepted will be waived during the off-season, after the S62 Finals are complete,  to allow teams to adjust their salaries accordingly with the new brackets. Accepting these changes falls under regular regulations for the players in question.

Just a quick note on this that I didn't realize before: ever since we switched to TPA for brackets, we have allowed salaries to be decreased if depreciation caused a player to go down a bracket AND their salary before decreasing was the minimum for their bracket.

In other words, if a player is signed at minimum for their TPA bracket and depreciation causes them to drop a bracket, their salary can be adjusted without player acceptance. 

So we should probably codify that in the rule book too.

46 minutes ago, Will said:

Just a quick note on this that I didn't realize before: ever since we switched to TPA for brackets, we have allowed salaries to be decreased if depreciation caused a player to go down a bracket AND their salary before decreasing was the minimum for their bracket.

In other words, if a player is signed at minimum for their TPA bracket and depreciation causes them to drop a bracket, their salary can be adjusted without player acceptance. 

So we should probably codify that in the rule book too.

Without player acceptance? Actives or only inactives?

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Without player acceptance? Actives or only inactives?

Yes and either. 

It's the way we've been handling it ever since we switched to TPA. Basically we're considering signing at minimum to be signing at minimum, whatever that minimum may be.

30 minutes ago, Will said:

Yes and either. 

It's the way we've been handling it ever since we switched to TPA. Basically we're considering signing at minimum to be signing at minimum, whatever that minimum may be.

Id like to see the hometown discount become a thing if you have played 5+ seasons on a team then your salary becomes 2 tiers less than the minimum.

• Admin
On 9/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, Will said:

Yes and either. 

Not quite. I thought we agreed if they signed to a higher salary than what their minimum becomes then we keep the higher salary.

Example:

Player A signed the following contract when his minimum was 3mil. 

S62: 3mil

S63: 3mil

If his minimum based on TPA went down to 2.5mil in S63, nothing changes as he signed a 3mil contract.

However, were he to have originally signed a contract worth $1 a year, that would automatically become 3mil and 2.5mil based on his TPA.

5 minutes ago, Victor said:

Not quite. I thought we agreed if they signed to a higher salary than what their minimum becomes then we keep the higher salary.

Example:

If his minimum based on TPA went down to 2.5mil in S63, nothing changes as he signed a 3mil contract.

However, were he to have originally signed a contract worth $1 a year, that would automatically become 3mil and 2.5mil based on his TPA.

when is the next contract spreadsheet out? ive done a small one for QC but i want to make sure none of my math is off

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

when is the next contract spreadsheet out? ive done a small one for QC but i want to make sure none of my math is off

Will is dropping some madness on the portal, the spreadsheet is dead.

15 minutes ago, Victor said:

Example:

Yeah, that's been my interpretation of it. Because of TPA vs. TPE, players can sign for league min. if they want, and just be adjusted up to their bracket minimum. Anything that's "guaranteed" stays the same, even if they fall to a lower bracket...