VHLM TPE Limit Changes

Will

• Senior Admin

Hello VHLM, 

Some of you may not be aware but currently there is a limit of 175 TPA for a VHLM players. In other words, once you earn 175 TPE and apply it to your player, all TPE earned is supposed to be Banked up until you move into the VHL, at which point you can apply all the TPE you've been banking. But we're going to up that limit to 200 TPA. These restrictions are in place to ensure players don't overly dominate the VHLM where it is supposed to be a relaxed, developmental league.

As well, there is currently a restriction in place that players with carryover must Bank any amount of carryover greater than 30 until they reach the VHL. We've decided that this causes unnecessary hassle for something relatively insignificant and that we will go back to the old way, where a player can apply their carryover as soon as they create. Note, however, that carryover WILL count towards the TPA limits described below. Players who currently have their carryover deferred on the Portal have had it added to their Banked TPE. 

Please see the existing rules here (which by the way are written in kind of a confusing way):

Spoiler
  • Players with VHLM rights must have less than 200 TPE, (175TPE + 25 Banked) at the beginning of the VHLM season (Game 1) to play in the VHLM after their draft year. If they are at 200 TPE and above, they must clear VHL waivers before they can be sent down to the VHLM.
  • A player playing in the VHLM must bank all TPE after 175 TPE
  •  A player is only eligible to be signed by a minor league team if, he is under 115 TPE and is not under contract with a VHL team. They must still clear VHL waivers before they can be sent down to the VHLM.
  •  Any player that is recalled to the VHL during the season must have less than 200 TPE to be sent back down to the VHLM again.
  •  TPE restriction includes banked, unclaimed TPE as well as obvious signs of circumventing the VHLM restriction rules.
  •  Penalties and exceptions are subject to the discretion of the VHLM commissioners.
  •  Any recreate over 30 TPE will have the subsequent TPE after 30 banked upon creation.

The new rules, which are effective immediately, are as follows:

• Players with VHLM rights must have less than 200 TPE total at the VHLM TPE-Cutoff date (marked on the off-season schedule each season) to be eligible for play in the VHLM. Players over 200 TPE at or before this cut-off will not be eligible to play in the VHLM whatsoever.
  • A player playing in the VHLM can apply a maximum of 200 TPE to their player. In other words, if you are under 200 TPE prior to the season starting, choose to continue playing in the VHLM and then surpass 200 TPE during the season, all TPE over 200 must be Banked. TPE can still be earned with no restrictions, it just has to be banked until you exit the VHLM. 
  • The TPE restriction for the VHLM TPE-Cutoff date includes banked TPE, unclaimed TPE, and there may be punishment for circumventing the rules at the discretion of the VHLM Commissioner's.
  • A player whose VHLM rights have expired is only eligible to be signed by a VHLM Team if he is under 150 TPE.
  • Any player who is called up by a VHL Team will not be allowed to be sent back down if they exceed the 200 TPA limit. Points will not be removed from players attributes in order to accommodate for this.

Finally, the VHL Portal will now enforce the TPA restrictions. If you have over 200 TPA, you will still be able to claim your updates and even mess with the rating-update tool to plan your build going forward, but you will not be able to save your ratings until you exit the VHLM. 

:vhlmlogo: :vhllogo:

Tagging all VHLM players in this thread

Spoiler

@cheidebrecht @SirRupertBarnes@colton14@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet @AdamEss @Tacocat @Rad Russian@Steve Razyn  @McWolf @Flyershockey90 @Bdlondon @ventsan @Schmidt @Arayvenn @pierogituxedo @Greenert11  @brownboy102@bdu754 @Scorpio @DrHexDex @Reckasaur @Foehammer @Tigerteeo @DBCrumpets @Jerramy @Claust @Mike_Houle @mhart97 @Desjar @Joobles  @Lefty @Harri Abraham @KingChance @Deeks @Brian Yearwood @MrMaxx44 @muharibshakur @deathsoftx @leafsman @flowseidon @canadiancookie @North12420@bobby  @BloodMustache  @DC_92 @Taupert97 @iamgrant2149 @golferbml @Zetna @Potato @Nelson @803 @FuzzyLeeroy @devilsfan35@Deft @Drob127 @Jose Gonzalez @Doomzday @Sublime @Keywi @DurdenBrandSoap @jlowenstein @Bazmandoo22 @RJHockey21 @Pelimies @UltraMick @Nick Blagden @T65 @Dijital @DickRobbins @JaacTree @bagelbitesisbae @VV2O4 @ViIIains @Tniz15 @Galchenyuk_is_God @Josh Ho-Train @McCan @SidTheKid87 @Jubo07 @mjrv21 @nymets5 @SupaStu @Rykonen @Rzerk  @Sook @Sllaym @ZST @libbyfanaccount  @tomppa169 @BarzalGoat @stucky71  @Sixersfan549 @Renegade56 @Jimbo @sanlitun @alecbama @Dtayl @Saucetonia @SlapshotDragon  @Reives  @Joseph Wolf @MrYams @CahillNFLD

@Glebbread @DaftRaincloud @madmonstermax @RealJohny211  @oilmandan @ChaceT  @Russell Jerome @LordTony @DonaldJWafer

@BBNAT@Whip  @Romaris @evrydayimbyfuglien @AndrewWarren13 @Symmetrik @ChrisF @Hunter @david_mccarthy22 @Elhandon @skyhighTBE @jrodwire

@Caleb Snoe @eaglesfan036 @Frank @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @Cornflakers @nicolas01 @RickRandals @Kian Lopushinsky

@STiN  @bryanxm  @Enorama @ShawnGlade @Nyr1994 @Jtww @canucksHD @PremiumFunk @JohnnyT_77 @Gravyncarrots

Great job, this definitely needed clarification, as evidenced by a few of the new guys not realizing it was a thing. I'm still curious as to whether anything will go on re: Crimson and Revchenko, who've both already applied over 200. I'm assuming they weren't aware, so I'm not faulting them, and you definitely already know of their case, but just to clarify what is going on with them? Ultimately they're not over by a ton, so if the answer is "nothing, they can sit there where they're at, just don't apply more" it's not too much of a concern.

• Senior Admin
9 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Great job, this definitely needed clarification, as evidenced by a few of the new guys not realizing it was a thing. I'm still curious as to whether anything will go on re: Crimson and Revchenko, who've both already applied over 200. I'm assuming they weren't aware, so I'm not faulting them, and you definitely already know of their case, but just to clarify what is going on with them? Ultimately they're not over by a ton, so if the answer is "nothing, they can sit there where they're at, just don't apply more" it's not too much of a concern.

I'm compelled to leave them since it was admittedly my fault for not thinking to build it into the Portal, and that the rules were kind of unclear/not communicated well. Plus it's a small amount of TPA that they're over (3 and 11 for Crimson and Revchenko, respectively). But I'm going to chat with the VHLM Commissioner's and see what they want to do, I just wanted to get the restriction built into the Portal first. 

16 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

So can I apply 200 and just sit there for my entire career? @Will

The limit to be able to stay down for a season will still be 200, like it was previously. So if you're planning on making a VHLM lifer, you can now apply 200 TPE rather than 175, but make sure not to earn over 200. Also, as per this rule:

2 hours ago, Will said:

A player whose VHLM rights have expired is only eligible to be signed by a VHLM Team if he is under 150 TPE.

it looks like in order to be a VHLM lifer you'd have to stay under 150 TPE. Not sure if an exception would be made to this rule if it applies to an active player though.

26 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

The limit to be able to stay down for a season will still be 200, like it was previously. So if you're planning on making a VHLM lifer, you can now apply 200 TPE rather than 175, but make sure not to earn over 200. Also, as per this rule:

it looks like in order to be a VHLM lifer you'd have to stay under 150 TPE. Not sure if an exception would be made to this rule if it applies to an active player though.

@Will any ruling on this part?

58 minutes ago, Romaris said:

So does that me for roctrion king he has 181 tpe but I banked them when I hit 173tpe. So I can spend my points now till I hit 200 and the bank till I go to the vhl?

@Will

Yes. The rules are effective immediately, so you can now spend up to 200 TPE in the VHLM before you have to begin banking.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, AdamEss said:

its nice as anew player to see the league is still working on things 60+ seasons in and trying to make the best experience for everyone

The VHL is a constantly evolving entity. I’ve been here 11 years and I find it tough to think of many seasons where absolutely nothing was adjusted to continue improving.  I doubt it will ever be fully complete and concrete.

• Senior Admin
7 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

7 hours ago, Trifecta said:

@Will any ruling on this part?

There'd be no exception for active players, that part of the rules is meant to discourage just that. 

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Trifecta said:

What a party pooper. I would have been fine with the 175 :(

The VHLM is a developmental league, always has been. If we start opening too many doors to have VHLM superstars it takes the development aspect away because no one will see a point in updating just to get stomped.

You also don’t help your argument much for VHLM years not counting if you plan on tryouts by to stay down as long as possible. Just proves our safeguards are necessary.

32 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The VHLM is a developmental league, always has been. If we start opening too many doors to have VHLM superstars it takes the development aspect away because no one will see a point in updating just to get stomped.

You also don’t help your argument much for VHLM years not counting if you plan on tryouts by to stay down as long as possible. Just proves our safeguards are necessary.

I mean it hasn't been implemented and has been a topic of discussion for a few seasons now. So it seems as if it won't be a thing any time soon, so why should I not capitalize on a chance to take a break from graphics/writing all while still enjoying the league?

• Commissioner
34 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I mean it hasn't been implemented and has been a topic of discussion for a few seasons now. So it seems as if it won't be a thing any time soon, so why should I not capitalize on a chance to take a break from graphics/writing all while still enjoying the league?

As I’ve said before, there’s too many loopholes that need to be closed up and other things have taken a higher priority. Especially considering hitting the capnis easier than ever before.

As for you, you can do whatever you like. We aren’t going to tailor the rules so that someone can endlessly beat new players into the ground though, that’s certainly not how you keep people around.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

As I’ve said before, there’s too many loopholes that need to be closed up and other things have taken a higher priority. Especially considering hitting the capnis easier than ever before.

As for you, you can do whatever you like. We aren’t going to tailor the rules so that someone can endlessly beat new players into the ground though, that’s certainly not how you keep people around.

I mean I don't intend on making it as I am ruler of the VHLM. I just have been gradually earning tpe at a lot slower rate with this guy. So I may not even cap out in like 1-2 seasons. Maybe I only earn like 20 TPE a season or something. I'm not doing it to be an asshole. Just kinda have a break so it will keep me in the league longer. I could end up having a nice long career player after this one.

2 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I mean I don't intend on making it as I am ruler of the VHLM. I just have been gradually earning tpe at a lot slower rate with this guy. So I may not even cap out in like 1-2 seasons. Maybe I only earn like 20 TPE a season or something. I'm not doing it to be an asshole. Just kinda have a break so it will keep me in the league longer. I could end up having a nice long career player after this one.

I mean...why not just claim welfare at that point? Minimal writing/graphical work depending on if you want to do fan590/player cards/press conferences or not, and you're still earning a decent amount of TPE.

1 hour ago, Fire Hakstol said:

I mean...why not just claim welfare at that point? Minimal writing/graphical work depending on if you want to do fan590/player cards/press conferences or not, and you're still earning a decent amount of TPE.

Because if I get drafted to a team and am depended on to become something, I will go the extra mile. I don't want to force myself into that. Hell I may just claim the achievement track each year and just go with that.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:31 AM, Will said:

I'm compelled to leave them since it was admittedly my fault for not thinking to build it into the Portal, and that the rules were kind of unclear/not communicated well. Plus it's a small amount of TPA that they're over (3 and 11 for Crimson and Revchenko, respectively). But I'm going to chat with the VHLM Commissioner's and see what they want to do, I just wanted to get the restriction built into the Portal first. 

SEND THEM TO THE PROS!