New Helsinki Titans GM

Higgins

How lucky am I? The first time I was the GM of the Helsinki Titans it was amazing I thought there was no way I could top it.

And then I did. I can honestly say I had more fun during my second tenure as GM of the Helsinki Titans.

There are many, many things I am proud of, but I think these might be the three best:

1) The Jacob Trade

To YTzfe5K.png

(S53) G - Jacob

To T28YhwD.png

(S48) D - Black Velvet

(S50) RW - Theo Axelsson

S54 CGY 1st (G Torsten Ironside)*

*This pick was swapped with Toronto to draft Hudson Abbott 1st overall in S54.

2) Season 53 Draft Pick Swap During the Entry Draft

To IhclZ49.png

S53 HSK 1st (C Lukas Muller)

S53 COL 1st (D Xander Finn)

S53 HSK 2nd (C Fredinamijs Krigars)

To T28YhwD.png

S53 QUE 1st (C Franchise Cornerstone)

S53 SEA 1st (G Astrid Moon)

S53 CGY 2nd (G Chet Manley)

3) Having a team of members that played the league villain role perfectly.

Honourable Mention

Winning back to back championships and then one more 5 seasons later.

The list of people who have helped me in some way along this journey is long, but I can narrow it down to a few special ones to shout out, these users shaped my time as GM of Helsinki more than they know:

@boubabi (Franchise Cornerstone & Ay Ay Ron)

@Trifecta (Astrid Moon)

@Corco (Rudolph Schmeckeldorf)

@solas (Theo Axelsson & Lukas Muller)

@evrydayimbyfuglien (Daryl Dortch & Augustus Gloop)

@Wasty (Maksym Barnyashev)

@Bushito (Hudson Abbott)

@Fire Hakstol (Shayne Gow)

Extra special thanks to @boubabi the member. If it wasn't for having a person like boubs by my side for the past 10 seasons I never would have lasted this long or have been as successful as the GM. I dedicate this GM tenure to @boubabi for keeping me sane and always being online to talk and being 100% real.

So who replaces me? Well it'll be someone who has experience in the role, a REALLY long time ago. The former Titans GM from S12-16, after a 46 season break from the managers chair he's back. Effective immediately @Quik is the new Helsinki Titans General Manager. I hope your second tenure is as fun as mine was!

For the final time... Hardballer out! (For real this time)

HARDBALL1_zpscbcc0ae6.gif

End of an era, stellar GM career Higgs. Despite everything nice to see the shout outs to Boubs as well as you and him pretty much built a dynasty  that absolutely has to be acknowledged in the league history books. Going to be interesting to see how @Quik can do finally dusting off the boots and getting back in the role.

23 minutes ago, Devise said:

End of an era, stellar GM career Higgs. Despite everything nice to see the shout outs to Boubs as well as you and him pretty much built a dynasty  that absolutely has to be acknowledged in the league history books. Going to be interesting to see how @Quik can do finally dusting off the boots and getting back in the role.

?

First I’d like to congratulate @Higgins! He’s done an incredible job leading Helsinki for the last few years. It’s going to be a tough task following you as the GM of the Titans!

I look forward to running the same team I was GM of about 9 years ago now. It’ll be a fun role for the foreseeable future!

Congrats @Quik , I couldn't think of a better replacement. You'll definitely be great in the role as you have been for the league as a whole. I'm assuming Johnsson will be leaving Calgary next season and you will be sorely missed.

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Krigars over Muller is debatable.

congrats Higgins. you were good. sorry I wasn't active when i actually had the chance to play with you

Muller was also good, no denying that, but I don't think it's that debatable. Krigars was ridiculous. First ballot HOFer if he wasn't in a class with two other first ballot HOFers.

• Admin
10 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I find that second trade interesting, as someone who wasn't here when it happened. Other than obviously Cornerstone, who'd have expected the next best guy to be one of the 2nds?

Saw it as I was compiling the GM stuff and found it quite interesting that both teams kind of won it (especially with Quebec quickly swapping Finn for Locke). They then met in back to back finals, and accounted for at least one finalist for most of the next 8 seasons. True masterminds at work - @Frank and @Higgins.

Great run as GM again, as I think I've come to realise very much as part of my recent research. Interesting to see Quik back in it, very strong performance back in the day.