VHLM GM Spot (Vasteras/Moscow/St. Petersburg)

Corco

I miss being a GM. Since there is no VHL GM spots open, I'll throw my name in the hat. You guys know what I can do, and I've got more time on my hands to be a good GM. I've been a GM of Oslo, Bern and Kolari as well as Co-GM of Ottawa, on top of countless other teams in other leagues. 

So yeah. 

Honestly no offense to Seth but he went through like a 5 year re-build in the SHL.... and was fired...

Get your facts straight before posting inaccurate information, and make yourself look foolish. I was the GM for six seasons, and rebuilt a team that was deployed of talent. The championship that team won a few seasons ago, was based off the foundation I built. I was not fired, I stepped down because I was starting college. In the future, before you criticize or mitigate a member's accomplishments, fact check your information.

I say this out of love! <3

Edited by Seth

I wish to apply for the open VHLM GM spot.

I am currently a Grader and an Assistant GM under EaglesFan for the Yukon Rush. I have learned many things in the almost month and a quarter I have been here.

I understand that having an active locker room is very important as is being an active GM. The more active the GM, and the more they talk to potential players and players on their roster, the higher percentage that new recruits will stay active. As a VHLM GM, I realize that my main objective is to help nurture and grow young players to make it to the VHL, but I believe that I will be able to create a winning environment, while still helping the development of my players. My goal is to see each of my players remain active and secure a role on a VHL team.

My action plan:

1. I plan to have daily chats with recruits and players in my locker room. That way I can keep a social and active locker room, while also keeping recruits interested even if they do not land on my team.

2. I plan to discuss with each of my players what their plans are and hopefully be able to keep them active. I plan to constantly remind my players if they have not completed Point Tasks until they have done it or have given an adequate reason not to. Though this seems harsh, it will hopefully keep players active and show them that I care.

3. Though my main goal is to develop players, I will never sacrifice team success to do so. I will NEVER TANK! I believe tanking to be stupid. I will always try my best to bring in talent and ice my best players. If a player is on waivers, you can sure as hell bet ill be putting a claim in for them.

I believe that my work so far with Konstantin Azhishchenkov has shown that I am active and dedicated to the VHLM and VHL. I hope my applications shows my interest and dedication to this league, and I hope that you will pick the best person for this job.

Edited by d3vilsfire

Lots of good options but.......

I wish to apply for the open VHLM GM spot.

I am currently a Grader and an Assistant GM under EaglesFan for the Yukon Rush. I have learned many things in the almost month and a quarter I have been here.

I understand that having an active locker room is very important as is being an active GM. The more active the GM, and the more they talk to potential players and players on their roster, the higher percentage that new recruits will stay active. As a VHLM GM, I realize that my main objective is to help nurture and grow young players to make it to the VHL, but I believe that I will be able to create a winning environment, while still helping the development of my players. My goal is to see each of my players remain active and secure a role on a VHL team.

My action plan:

1. I plan to have daily chats with recruits and players in my locker room. That way I can keep a social and active locker room, while also keeping recruits interested even if they do not land on my team.

2. I plan to discuss with each of my players what their plans are and hopefully be able to keep them active. I plan to constantly remind my players if they have not completed Point Tasks until they have done it or have given an adequate reason not to. Though this seems harsh, it will hopefully keep players active and show them that I care.

3. Though my main goal is to develop players, I will never sacrifice team success to do so. I will NEVER TANK! I believe tanking to be stupid. I will always try my best to bring in talent and ice my best players. If a player is on waivers, you can sure as hell bet ill be putting a claim in for them.

I believe that my work so far with Konstantin Azhishchenkov has shown that I am active and dedicated to the VHLM and VHL. I hope my applications shows my interest and dedication to this league, and I hope that you will pick the best person for this job.

Pick this guy

Why not, I'll apply again. I have experience not only as a VHLM GM, however, as well as SMJHL GM and ABA GM. I'd love to gain this position, I'll do nothing but give my full front each day ensuring I do the most of my abilities to win, and grow my players. I'll be looking to be a contender each season never looking to lose purposely. I expect a fun locker room, and I have fun ideas and ways to keep my members active, which worked the last time I was a general manager. I was also close to a championship my last go around ergo leaving me hungry for more. I'll also make fair trades, never try and manipulate players or other general managers. I hope that I can get the job and I know I can get the work done. I understand what's needed to keep a new member active or a returning member, I understand that when you are a new member the process of trying to settle can be mind-boggling and with my team I'll try to do nothing more than help them through their early stages. I also believe that a good team, active locker room and great general manager can do a lot things right for a new member remaining active. I will take care of my players and keep in mind if that's the right place for them to be traded other than being stubborn and igorning their demands. Again, I believe everyone's voice matters in the locker room and if someone suggests something reasonable I'll do everything in my capabilities to get it done. I'd also say I know how to work my lines as I've had previous success with STHS many times as a general manager in the VHLM previously. Give me another chance, I won't disappoint. 

A few ideas on my part to get the activity going is having a Skype or AIM room to ensure our members stay active and we can discuss pretty much everything. I'd also make sure that my players are caught up with league goings and point tasks available. It'll never be a dull moment if I were given the position. Drafting well is key so I will ensure that we have draft picks for the long run. I'm also interested in any of the other possible destinations if I were give the role I wouldn't jump the gun on relocating to Moscow or St. Petersburg although I'm fine with the history and location of Vasteras as well. 

Edited by John

Again no offense to previous guys but over my couple years in sim leagues the guys that get the spots are guys that post like 500 word paragraphs with a bunch of bull shit that they are/are going to do.... I would do that but 1) I would probably have to spell check it and 2) I am not going to lie to get a job...... Not saying that these guys are lying....

Edited by Kesler17

Again no offense to previous guys but over my couple years in sim leagues the guys that get the spots are guys that post like 500 word paragraphs with a bunch of bull shit that they are/are going to do.... I would do that but 1) I would probably have to spell check it and 2) I am not going to lie to get a job...... Not saying that these guys are lying....

I've won cups, been a GM in this league 4 times, and I've been in the league since S15. Who are you? 

I've won cups, been a GM in this league 4 times, and I've been in the league since S15. Who are you?

Says the guy notorious for flaking out whenever he gets more authority.

Says the guy notorious for flaking out whenever he gets more authority.

I've been a Commissioner on this league, as well as GM, Updater, Grader and Mag Writer. I've always seen my GM jobs through and haven't went inactive or fucked any teams over while being in their possession. Thanks for the input Doom :)

edit: if you'd like to discuss this further, PM me. Arguing on the boards will not look good for newer members or the league in general. 

Edited by InstantRockstar

Pretty sure my app was 3 sentences max.

Good for you, your point?

don't talk s*it when you've barely been here. Some people on this league applying don't lie about what they say, but someone like devil who is new, we don't know what his intentions are. 

Like Kendrick said, I follow the VHLM, I follow the new guys that join and I always love helping them as much as possible, I've had so many positive results from my VHLM team and a lot of guys are really good players here that I used to help down in the minors. 

I gave up my GM job of Bern to become Commissioner, I'm not a commissioner anymore so I want to get back into the game.