Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1. Are you happy with how your off-season went? Yes I’m really happy because the team and I trained really hard and we’re starting develop some chemistry. 

2. What have you improved upon in the last few weeks? I have improved my defense, puck handling,and skating. 

3. On that same topic, what are goals you still want to accomplish before the season starts? I want to just take a day and get some quiet time. Maybe reflect on my new experience and let it all sink in so I can start fresh and go kick some ass. 

4. Who are you most excited about seeing join the team? If a new addition yourself, how are you feeling about joining the Titans? I’m a new addition and I’m excited to be playing with the future HOF players Borwinn & Bailey. I have a feeling this is going to be a special season. 

5. How have you paced yourself leading up to the new season? Taking it easy or grinding out task points? I have been grabbing every TPE point I can get. Wish there were more weekly. 

6. What're expectations you have of yourself or the team this year? I just want to want to produce consistently and win as many games as possible. All the while having fun along the way. So many memories to be made. Thanks for the grand opportunity. I won’t let you down. 

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

-->  :hel:Titans Pre-Season Presser 1:hel: <--

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Are you happy with how your off-season went?

Oh, yes, yes. I found this new bourbon that is really good for taking body shots.

2. What have you improved upon in the last few weeks?

Decreasing the amount of toilet paper I use when I wipe.

3. On that same topic, what are goals you still want to accomplish before the season starts?

In order to use less toilet paper, you need to make sure the shits aren't messy. To do so I've only been eating strawberry seeds.

4. Who are you most excited about seeing join the team? If a new addition yourself, how are you feeling about joining the Titans?

Dan.

5. How have you paced yourself leading up to the new season? Taking it easy or grinding out task points?

I've been grinding on this one chick that I did body shots with.

6. What're expectations you have of yourself or the team this year?

I expect myself to hold Pepper's towel quite a bit. Maybe squirt some water in his mouth.

@McLovin @Wheaties @xDParK @Jbeezy76 @Jubo07 @Quik @Erik Summers @okochastar @Tape-to-Tape @Antone10 @SidTheKid87 @Sonnet @MMFLEX @Harpskii @Garrett @Caboose30 @quanack @Spaz @Jesse Nyman @Gscx420 @Julian Dalvao @Cusemode @ng1291

13 hours ago, McLovin said:

I think it could have been slightly better but overall yea it was a good offseason.

I really worked on my finishing touch as well as trying to make sure Im equally as good in my own end.

3. On that same topic, what are goals you still want to accomplish before the season starts?

Hmm, probably round off my Scoring and leadership abilities

4. Who are you most excited about seeing join the team? If a new addition yourself, how are you feeling about joining the Titans?

I probably wont see action in the VHL for another year or two, but its going to be a fun and exciting time when I do.

5. How have you paced yourself leading up to the new season? Taking it easy or grinding out task points?

Last week I was really grinding them out this week I might take a bit easier since Im feeling burnt out.

I hope these guys go far. as for myself just continue to work to improve. Maybe win a championship in San Diego

1- It was a good off season which gave me time to practice defensive skills

2- defensive side of the game after announcing I would be switching to D

3- Improving my skating and puck handling

4- Erik Draven and Erik Summers

5- I took a small break before hitting the gym and practice ice

6- We should have no issue making the playoffs again and making another run at the cup

On 1/20/2020 at 11:21 PM, McLovin said:

Honestly yes I feel like I've improved as a player ans team mate but we will let the season decide that.

Offensively I worked on skating and shooting the puck more.

Produce more, granted defenses win championships as they say but at the same time you need offensive production too.

I'm loving it so far it really seems like a great orginization love the teammates too even if some think the Marlins are going to win the founders cup.

Grinding the shit out of them and I plan on doing that till it doesn't make a difference or if my life gets too busy.

I mean this probably goes for both questions, win the cup or at least fight till the last drop of blood and sweat.

@McLovin @Wheaties @xDParK @Jbeezy76 @Jubo07 @Quik @Erik Summers @okochastar @Tape-to-Tape @Antone10 @SidTheKid87 @Sonnet @MMFLEX @Harpskii @Garrett @Caboose30 @quanack @Spaz @Jesse Nyman @Gscx420 @Julian Dalvao @Cusemode @ng1291

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 1:hel: <--

1. How are you feeling about the teams performance after a 6-5-0 start?

2. How are you feeling about your personal performance thus far?

3. We lead the league in scoring with 44 goals in 11 games. Do you believe we keep this trend going or do we transition to a better balance of offense and defense?

4. What do you miss most from the time off during the off-season?

5. Does your player shy away from post game media interviews or do they adore the attention?

6. Playoffs are a long way off, but do you think Helsinki climbs to the top of the conference before the season concludes?

1. How are you feeling about the teams performance after a 6-5-0 start?  We are playing good we just need to win the close games more.  

2. How are you feeling about your personal performance thus far? I have had the best start of my career statistically. 

3. We lead the league in scoring with 44 goals in 11 games. Do you believe we keep this trend going or do we transition to a better balance of offense and defense? Yes we will sustain the high level of scoring because we have found chemistry in these lines of players. 

4. What do you miss most from the time off during the off-season? I miss nothing in the offseason because I love playing hockey. 

5. Does your player shy away from post game media interviews or do they adore the attention? I’m always open to talk to the media so feel free to interview me anytime. 

6. Playoffs are a long way off, but do you think Helsinki climbs to the top of the conference before the season concludes? I think we have the ability to do so but I see us being in 2nd or 3rd. It doesn’t matter as long as we make the playoffs and win a cup for a Borwinn in his final year. 

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

There have been some kinks to iron out, but leading the league in scoring is promising even when our record isn't as good as it could be.

Similar to our team performance, my offensive production is the best of my career but my defensive stats have left some things to be desired.

3. We lead the league in scoring with 44 goals in 11 games. Do you believe we keep this trend going or do we transition to a better balance of offense and defense?

I think we can play better defense without give up our impressive offensive production.

Tex-Mex food. My time in the VHLM gave my love for the cuisine and it is hard to find in Finland.

5. Does your player shy away from post game media interviews or do they adore the attention?

I just have to get out of the way of reporters trying to ask Fontenette questions. I prefer staying out of the spotlight.

6. Playoffs are a long way off, but do you think Helsinki climbs to the top of the conference before the season concludes?

The European Conference is going to be a tough slog this season. I think the difference between winning the conference and missing the playoffs is going to be narrow. Right now, I'm just focused on helping us make the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 1:hel: <--

A slow start but I believe we can still, turn it around.

A bit of good and wanting to do better,I'm having a career start and so far point for game.but I want to produce more.

I believe you can do both without sacrificing one or another.

Nothing I was ready to get back on the ice.

It really depends on what day it is for him.

Anything is possible, but yes I do believe we can.

1. How are you feeling about the teams performance after a 6-5-0 start? There are many positives and negatives to takeaway from this start, but the team record itself is concerning. This team is too good to be a fringe .500 squad.

2. How are you feeling about your personal performance thus far? 12 points in 11 games and leading the league in shots is not how I saw this year going so far, so it's safe to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

3. We lead the league in scoring with 44 goals in 11 games. Do you believe we keep this trend going or do we transition to a better balance of offense and defense? Offense has been preforming strong, but our defensive side of the game has been holding us down from really taking off in the standings. I'm not sure if we need a shakeup in the lines, new strategies or what, but as I said before, we're too good to be low in the standings.

4. What do you miss most from the time off during the off-season? Getting on the ice and playing my heart out for the fans of Helsinki, that's an easy question.

5. Does your player shy away from post game media interviews or do they adore the attention? Up until the last few weeks, media wasn't really interested in what I was doing so I could take it or leave it honestly.

6. Playoffs are a long way off, but do you think Helsinki climbs to the top of the conference before the season concludes? It's way too early to say for sure, but I know this squad has the potential, we just have to find it and stick with it.

1- I think if we keep at it we will get on a more consistent pattern of wins

2- I am enjoying being on D and still getting in on the offensive side.

3- I know Jubo likes to work the lines until it is exactly what he is looking for. In him I trust.

4- Beach days

5- I am always available to answer anything from the media. Boucher has never shy’d away.

6- I think we battle it out in the top 2 spots. As a team we are always getting better and we know how important this season is before the Titans attend to a rebuild.

1. How are you feeling about the teams performance after a 6-5-0 start?

I feel like we should be doing especially with the offense that we have.

I got some Ws. Can't complain about that.

3. We lead the league in scoring with 44 goals in 11 games. Do you believe we keep this trend going or do we transition to a better balance of offense and defense?

Offense wins awards. Defense wins championships. I think we need to toughen up on D.

All the supermodels.

I live for that shit. Pepper better get to stepping so the world can see more of me.

I don't. Especially at our current level of play. Just need to get in and then anything can happen.

1. How are you feeling about the teams performance after a 6-5-0 start?

While I think we have a really offensive team, I hoped we could've had a stronger start. While I still think playoffs is within the realm of possibility, I hope we turn things around soon so we're not just another middle-of-the-pack team.

I haven't been called up to the VHL yet so all my performance has been in the VHLM. I think my performance has fallen since last season. Maybe it's the other teams getting better but I still think I should be playing better than I currently am.

3. We lead the league in scoring with 44 goals in 11 games. Do you believe we keep this trend going or do we transition to a better balance of offense and defense?

I think this trend can continue, but I also believe it's in our best interests to invest in being better defensively. All the goals in the world won't matter if our defense and goaltending is as effective as swiss cheese. 

I don't miss the off-season at all, I'd rather be playing.

I wouldn't say I adore the attention, but I enjoy giving my thoughts on both the VHL, my team and myself.

I think it's possible, but our 6-5 start isn't very promising. I think if we want any shot at climbing to the top, we have to be better defensively and our scoring has to be more consistent.

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 2:hel: <--

1. What is a personal goal of yours for the remainder of the season?

2. In your opinion what is the most important ingredient to a successful team?

3. Pepper sits just 16 wins from 300. What is a career goal you wish to achieve?

4. Does Summers hold on for rookie of the year?

5. Should the Titans retire Borwinn's #7?

6. What is your locker room pet peeve?

24 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

I don't want to jinx it, but I am leading rookies in scoring this season. I would like to finish out the season that way.

I'm a little biased, but defense. When it comes to playoff time, defense is what carrier team to the cup.

3. Pepper sits just 16 wins from 300. What is a career goal you wish to achieve?

I want to lift the cup sometime in my career.

Hm... I don't think I should answer this one.

Certainly! If he hasn't earned it, no one has.

I haven't run into this since coming back to Europe, but it was always frustrating when teammates assume I have good English. It is better than it used to be!

1. What is a personal goal of yours for the remainder of the season? I want to produce consistent and help the team win games. 

2. In your opinion what is the most important ingredient to a successful team? I think a good defense is a good offense. Then we can then counter with our offense. 

3. Pepper sits just 16 wins from 300. What is a career goal you wish to achieve? I want to beat my career high in goals and points. 

4. Does Summers hold on for rookie of the year? I think he has the best shot out of all the rookies to succeed as the #1 

5. Should the Titans retire Borwinn's #7? Is this even a question ? of course the man is a legend. 

6. What is your locker room pet peeve? Don’t be the stinky guy take a damn shower everyday ?

7 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 2:hel: <--

I would like to hit 50 or more points so far I should hit that.

Team chemistry and everyone putting in effort.

7 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Hit 100 goals I think that's a great small goal to hit.

Easily as I saw he leads in rookie goals I don't see him stoping.

The real question is why wouldn't you retire his number?

Don't be the guy with the big ego even if you are great, their is always room for improvement.

1. What is a personal goal of yours for the remainder of the season? Keep up the pace and help this team make the playoffs

2. In your opinion what is the most important ingredient to a successful team? Chemistry, you can't win if everyone isn't clicking and working together. It's a team sport after all

3. Pepper sits just 16 wins from 300. What is a career goal you wish to achieve? Win another cup or two with this squad, have a couple more points than my career high honestly

4. Does Summers hold on for rookie of the year? At the rate he's going, I'd say so for sure.

5. Should the Titans retire Borwinn's #7? The best Titan the team's ever seen, easily HoF so yes we should retire his number too.

6. What is your locker room pet peeve? Not having enough pink tape ?

1- Improve my plus minus rating and just improve on defence overall

2- good lineup chemistry

3- win one more cup this season before retirement

4- it may be close but he has a real good chance at it

5- yes they should for sure

6- stinky foods

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 3:hel: <--

1. Halfway through the season, are you happy with the teams performance?

2. On that same topic, how are you feeling about your individual performance?

3. What's the key to making the playoffs at this point in the season?

4. At our halfway mark, who is your candidate for Titans MVP?

5. Who's a player that has surprised you with their production this year, whether good or bad? (Answer can be anyone in the VHL, not just Titans)

6. What changes would you make if you were Titans management to ensure short & long term success?

Edited by McLovin

1. Halfway through the season, are you happy with the teams performanceYes but we can do better and be more consistent. 

2. On that same topic, how are you feeling about your individual performance? I got off to a fast start but have been streaky as of late. 

3. What's the key to making the playoffs at this point in the season? We just have to keep getting on winning streaks. 

4. At our halfway mark, who is your candidate for Titans MVP? I think Borwinn has been solid as always. 

5. Who's a player that has surprised you with their production this year, whether good or bad? (Answer can be anyone in the VHL, not just Titans) I think our rookie Erik has been a pleasant surprise. 

6. What changes would you make if you were Titans management to ensure short & long term success? None really just would  keep scouting players that will replace our retirees next season. That way we can still compete and win. 

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

We have had our rough patches, but we're just inches out of second in the European Conference. As long as we keep improving, I am happy.

Much the same. My scoring has been up and down, but I am very happy with my defense so far this season.

Sticking to our game and our identity. We take over games when we are on our game.

Borwinn has been playing out of his mind. He is the top candidate for league MVP, not just Titans MVP.

5. Who's a player that has surprised you with their production this year, whether good or bad? (Answer can be anyone in the VHL, not just Titans)

Berocka Sundqvist. He's improved greatly this season.

6. What changes would you make if you were Titans management to ensure short & long term success?

We've played really well against top teams, so I like our playoff chances this season. With some of the veterans nearing the end of their careers, this might be the season to sell some futures for a run at the cup.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:07 PM, McLovin said:

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 3:hel: <--

Yes, but there's always room to do better.

I'm doing great but not like I probably should be, I know I could be doing a lot worse but I'm pretty disappointed.

Not giving up and putting W's in the win collum.

Probably Erik Summers destroying it as a rookie.

Personally I'm not sure it's a hard question for me being in the vhlm.

I know a lot of veterans are going after this season, I would personally keep draft picks I have trust the futures can be great might not be next season but I feel like it could take a season or two.

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 4:hel: <--

1. Julian Borwinn retired today (but will finish the season with the Titans), what parting words do you leave for him?

2. Alexander Pepper retired today (but will finish the season with the Titans), what parting words do you leave for him?

3. We appear to be comfortably nestled in a playoff position, where do you see us in the playoff power rankings?

4. The VHL trade deadline is 3 days away; do you feel the Titans should entertain the trade market?

5. What is the last movie you watched? Was it at home, Netflix, theater etc.?

6. What is your go to post game beverage?