Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

3.) Lets do some predictions, Who wins and in how many games? do you hear the sounds of bristle rustling?  Do you hear a Sweep Sweep Sweep a coming? Since the series is over, hard to predict now, but I was rooting for my boys in Helsinki the whole time.

7.) Do you think the refs are more or less strict during the playoffs? More strict I believe, they gotta be on the look for everything I'd imagine

9.)This playoff showdown is gonna be epic, how epic you ask? Well i hear they are going to make a movie... who is playing you in the film? Do you think they do a serious take or is it "Goons" all over again? Since I don't play for the Titans *yet*, I'd just be an extra *for now*

I0.) In the spirit of keeping the mood light, how do you keep lose during high pressure situations? Some Players play music, others can play jokes and some even just bro out play games or go out for food together. I'm definitely more of an "empty mind" type, try not to think about it too much.

II.) What is your playoff style? Are you rocking a new hairstyle? Dis the whole team dye their hair Helsinki blue? Did you change your tape colour, change the way you lace your skates or even grow a beard or shave your head? What are you rocking in the name of the playoffs, and is your team doing the same over all? Gotta get the flow going, as for tape color you already know I'm rocking pink tape.

I2.)What is the most interesting conversation you have had in the penalty box? Wait, those guys in the box can talk?

-->  :hel:Titans S75:hel: <--

For week ending Nov 15th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Its draft week! How excited are you to welcome new faces to the team?
2) World cup gets underway this week. Who do you think takes the medals this time around?
3) What will you be working on during the off-season?
4) What relaxing activity do you like to take part in during the off-season?
5) Are you eager to put the skates back on and get back out on the ice?
6) We were sad to see Erik Draven off to retirement. What closing remarks would you send his way?

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Nov 15th

2) World cup gets underway this week. Who do you think takes the medals this time around?
6) We were sad to see Erik Draven off to retirement. What closing remarks would you send his way?

1) Pretty excited, new prospects coming in and other prospects coming up.

2) I'm not sure, but I'll be watching it nevertheless.

3) Skating and my shot. I can always get better with my shooting but my skating will help with that so I can get myself into the best places to shoot.

4) Scrimmage games with some VHLers. I host them at my place in Tampere, always a lot of fun.

5) Of course. The sooner the better.

6) I went out and got him a banner and a trophy made and wished him well. Such a nice guy who really helped me settle in during my first season.

1- I am excited. We already have a strong future so adding more to that is great

2- we Team Nordic will win it all. Canada looks scary though.

3- my overall game and my angles

4- watching a sunset

5- I have not stopped skating and training. The world cup will keep me in touch.

6- Draven was a legend for us and will be greatly missed

8 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Nov 15th

1- It's always nice getting new teammates.

2- Well I'm playing for USA and we look like a good team so far.

3- I will training hard to stay in shape for another playoff run.

4- I like to cruise around on my motorcycle and travel places.

5- I sure am ready to play my last season until my next player.

6- I just want him to know that his mentality is still a big part of what this team  is about. We work hard and put in the effort to win.

1) Its draft week! How excited are you to welcome new faces to the team? As one of the new faces, it's great to see all the new draftees being welcomed to the franchise so warmly. I can't wait to see what this team gets up to next season.
2) World cup gets underway this week. Who do you think takes the medals this time around? I got my money on one of the NA teams taking Gold. Past that your guess is as good as mine.
3) What will you be working on during the off-season? Skating and offensive game for sure.
4) What relaxing activity do you like to take part in during the off-season? The grind never ends, never take a day off 
5) Are you eager to put the skates back on and get back out on the ice? Absolutely, I got an energy I can't wait to put in the VHLM and show Helsinki they made the right choice selecting me.
6) We were sad to see Erik Draven off to retirement. What closing remarks would you send his way? He was a legend to this team, I wish him all the best in retirement!

Can't wait! Looking forward to not being the newest guy on the team anymore. 

Not really following it too closely but my guess would be Canada.

Going to try and get my checking up a little bit. Hoping to get some hits out there on the ice this season, also going to be hitting the gym to work on improving my strength too.

I like to spend some time doing some yoga. Helps my body recover and get back to full strength and lets me relax my mind a bit too. 

Can't wait! Looking forward to getting back into it and playing some games in the VHL.

Sucks to see him go, would have loved the chance to play alongside him but hope he enjoys his retirement!

19 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Nov 15th

Draft week is always the most exciting week IMO , its a once in a lifetime experience that no player ever forgets

Team Canada is looking REALLY scary especially if Brock Louth keep up that hot hand theyre going to be very tough for anyone to handle

This offseason for me is all about working on my consistency and working at being a leader in the dressing room and on ice during training camp as one of the vets here now and with my experience i know i have lots to share and teach with my young Titan brothers

to me relaxing is defined by anything involving hockey, if its playing or watching , thats when im most relaxed

eager to put them back on and get back out ? i havent stopped , ive been on the ice with Team Nordic for a while now and cant wait for the WCoH to start up !

No comment..... (Elsby leaves the room in tears)

So excited it will be great and we will be solid for seasons!
2) World cup gets underway this week. Who do you think takes the medals this time around

USA Europe mercs in no order but it will be exciting!

Seeing how to get 10 games out of 72 this time around and having a better save percentage.

Walking around the city and sightseeing the landscapes.

Yeah, I guess so nice to get the ice under me again.

Good luck in your future endeavors and the best in everything!

Edited by Mrpenguin30

On 11/9/2020 at 5:18 PM, Jubo07 said:

Yes, yes! Very excited to be here. Goat GM.
2) World cup gets underway this week. Who do you think takes the medals this time around? USA, Canada, Asia
3) What will you be working on during the off-season? A little bit if scoring. A little bit of defense.
4) What relaxing activity do you like to take part in during the off-season? Do some live stream events with my fans.
5) Are you eager to put the skates back on and get back out on the ice? Of course. It's my comfort zone.
6) We were sad to see Erik Draven off to retirement. What closing remarks would you send his way? Enjoy your family and continue to spread your positive influence to the world.

New info for your AGM

Just wanted to start by saying hello to everyone. So HELLO!  There will be 2 posts of questions this week for you to answer as a player feel free to answer some of both or only one, it is your choice. In this first PC I am going to focus on getting to know you all and questions that will help me make the press conferences more geared  towards you as players, because no one like boring questions!

1.) Did you know that the Titans hired a new AGM? 

2.) How do you feel about GMs Hiring AGMs that are from other teams? Do you think it is better or worse if they are not in your conference? Do you not even care as long as they do their job and cheer the team on?

3.) Do you enjoy questions that are based on current game play, what is going on in the season and prediction based questions?

4.) Do you like questions that let you character build, like talk about things you have done off and on the ice. These are typically things that could inspire future media spots.

5.) I will usually use the team tag to let you know wen there is a new Press Conference out for you to answer, do you want to be tagged in it.

6.) Are you ok with the encouragement of tagging team mates in media such as press conferences and articles?

7.) Are you ok with questions focused on your players that others can answer?

8.) If I get created and throw some curve ball questions will you throw me a curve ball answer back?

9.) Can a Press conference replay be too creative of sassy

Edited by BladeMaiden

Week Ending Nov. 22nd

This is part two of this weeks questions and if you just want to answer the fun player related stuff and leave the admin stuff to the GM and AGM this is the post for you. Feel Free to Answer a mix of these and the questions in the first post if you want to, or stick all to one if that is more your style.

1.) Did you tune into the draft? If so what did you think of it?

2.) Did you expect the Draft to be so long? What do you think about have a deep pool of prospects and How it will potentially effect the team?

3.) During the Draft this past week the Titans welcomed some new and returning faces to the team, Give a shout out to a new or returning Titan. If you are a new Titan shout out any teammates you are excited to eventually play with (after all this is how we get to know each other)

4.) What did you do as a player to welcome a new titan into the fold? If You are the new player what did someone do to welcome you?

5.) The season is about to begin on Wednesday, are you ready? (What have you been doing to make sure you are at your best come Wednesday when the puck drops both physically and mentally?

6.) Do you have any goals for your upcoming season? You gonna be a hit machine or a passing god?? I am dying to know where you think you will shine.

7.) Predictions, predictions... do you think Helsinki will be a top contender this season? Where do you think we are ranked in the Euro Conference?  (If you like predicting things just going to mention season predictions are open until Tuesday, November 17th @ 11:59PM EST)

8.) What is your go to flavor of sports drink? Do you think it says anything about you as a player?

9.) What is the oddest company you can imagine being endorsed by? Would you still endorse it for a crazy amount of money or can your integrity not be bought?

I didn't but I know it was very exciting for everyone, especially all those who were drafted.

2.) Did you expect the Draft to be so long? What do you think about have a deep pool of prospects and How it will potentially effect the team?

It did seem like it was going to be just based off of how many prospects there were. I will be good for every team as all teams will be really strong.

3.) During the Draft this past week the Titans welcomed some new and returning faces to the team, Give a shout out to a new or returning Titan.

If you are a new Titan shout out any teammates you are excited to eventually play with (after all this is how we get to know each other)

I am really excited to be back with laine and driver and to watch them do well.

4.) What did you do as a player to welcome a new titan into the fold? If You are the new player what did someone do to welcome you?

A big ol' hello and a nice slap on the back with a coupon for the food joints around the city.

5.) The season is about to begin on Wednesday, are you ready? (What have you been doing to make sure you are at your best come Wednesday when the puck drops both physically and mentally?

I am really working on my posture for the bench. It is getting really good honestly!

6.) Do you have any goals for your upcoming season? You gonna be a hit machine or a passing god?? I am dying to know where you think you will shine.

Win a few games, lose a few game, play a few games that is about it. 

59 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Week Ending Nov. 22nd

This is part two of this weeks questions and if you just want to answer the fun player related stuff and leave the admin stuff to the GM and AGM this is the post for you. Feel Free to Answer a mix of these and the questions in the first post if you want to, or stick all to one if that is more your style.

I did not unfortunately, but I do know we ended up getting some future studs.

Yeah the site is growing which is a good thing and I believe it can add to a depth a team needs at the moment or the future.

3.) During the Draft this past week the Titans welcomed some new and returning faces to the team, Give a shout out to a new or returning Titan. If you are a new Titan shout out any teammates you are excited to eventually play with (after all this is how we get to know each other)

@MMFLEX @Caboose30(even though he didn't really play lol and I won ?)

A welcome prank ;)

I'm ready as I can be, it's time to focus on having another deep playoff run. But first to focus on making the playoffs.

I'm going to continue trying to put pucks on the net.

7.) Predictions, predictions... do you think Helsinki will be a top contender this season? Where do you think we are ranked in the Euro Conference?  (If you like predicting things just going to mention season predictions are open until Tuesday, November 17th @ 11:59PM EST)

For sure and I would rank us at the top.

8.) What is your go to flavor of sports drink? Do you think it says anything about you as a player?

Water or just about any gatorade expect yellow, orange, and cucumber lime I think it is.

9.) What is the oddest company you can imagine being endorsed by? Would you still endorse it for a crazy amount of money or can your integrity not be bought?

Pepto-Bismol and most likely lol. 

I wasn't able to watch, but shoutout to all of the guys Helsinki picked. Excited to have the chance to play with all of you

I didn't really have any idea about how it would be, it's something that's interesting and I'm curious to see the way that it affects the team in the long run

I'm a new player on the team this season (even though I wasn't just drafted). Everyone's been really nice and supportive so far and done a lot to make me feel welcome.

I'm ready. I've been putting the work in since the last season finished, hopefully it pays off when I step onto the ice

Hopefully can put up some assists. I'm probably going to be a third pairing defenseman but hoping I can do enough to drive some offense from the blueline.

7.)Predictions, predictions... do you think Helsinki will be a top contender this season? Where do you think we are ranked in the Euro Conference?

I think we've got this. Hopefully we can be a top two team in the conference, would be great to see us go on a playoff run too

7 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

New info for your AGM

Just wanted to start by saying hello to everyone. So HELLO!  There will be 2 posts of questions this week for you to answer as a player feel free to answer some of both or only one, it is your choice. In this first PC I am going to focus on getting to know you all and questions that will help me make the press conferences more geared  towards you as players, because no one like boring questions!

1.) Did you know that the Titans hired a new AGM? Freak ya! Goat AGM.

2.) How do you feel about GMs Hiring AGMs that are from other teams? Do you think it is better or worse if they are not in your conference? Do you not even care as long as they do their job and cheer the team on? I don't expect them to not cheer for their own player, but I'm good with it if they do their job.

3.) Do you enjoy questions that are based on current game play, what is going on in the season and prediction based questions? I'll answer anything. Some might be tougher than others, so go easy.

4.) Do you like questions that let you character build, like talk about things you have done off and on the ice. These are typically things that could inspire future media spots. I do like a good role play. 

5.) I will usually use the team tag to let you know wen there is a new Press Conference out for you to answer, do you want to be tagged in it. Tag away! Easier for me to spot.

6.) Are you ok with the encouragement of tagging team mates in media such as press conferences and articles? Yep! Might be a good way for me to see more of the league.

7.) Are you ok with questions focused on your players that others can answer? As long as they only say how glorious my hair is.

8.) If I get created and throw some curve ball questions will you throw me a curve ball answer back? You ain't ready for it.

9.) Can a Press conference replay be too creative of sassy. Freak no. I know you love your PCs.

6 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Week Ending Nov. 22nd

1.) Did you tune into the draft? If so what did you think of it? I was hopping back and forth waiting to hear "Dan Dan."

2.) Did you expect the Draft to be so long? What do you think about have a deep pool of prospects and How it will potentially effect the team? Having a lot of prospects just means I need to work harder to showcase my talent. Good for the team to have flexibility tho.

3.) During the Draft this past week the Titans welcomed some new and returning faces to the team, Give a shout out to a new or returning Titan. If you are a new Titan shout out any teammates you are excited to eventually play with (after all this is how we get to know each other) My man @Caboose30 is a new Titan. He needs to work out a bit more tho.

4.) What did you do as a player to welcome a new titan into the fold? If You are the new player what did someone do to welcome you? I taped the shit out of Caboose's locker. Took him way too long to take it down.

5.) The season is about to begin on Wednesday, are you ready? (What have you been doing to make sure you are at your best come Wednesday when the puck drops both physically and mentally? I've been making sure to pay attention in practice and really work on what coach wants. 

6.) Do you have any goals for your upcoming season? You gonna be a hit machine or a passing god?? I am dying to know where you think you will shine. Hitting it sounds saucy. I'll go with that.

7.) Predictions, predictions... do you think Helsinki will be a top contender this season? Where do you think we are ranked in the Euro Conference?  (If you like predicting things just going to mention season predictions are open until Tuesday, November 17th @ 11:59PM EST) We won't be too far off from where we were last season. Let's make another run to the finals! Euro league ain't ready for us.

8.) What is your go to flavor of sports drink? Do you think it says anything about you as a player? I'm plain. I like Orange. I think it says a lot about how tangy my player is.

9.) What is the oddest company you can imagine being endorsed by? Would you still endorse it for a crazy amount of money or can your integrity not be bought? I could never be endorsed by Nad Nad. You know, the company that makes hygiene products for man parts? Just seems they are making fun of Dan Dan's name.

7 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Week Ending Nov. 22nd

1. I did tune in I watched the first 5 or 6 rounds.. I thought it was awesome.. I laughed quite a bit during the draft..

2. Didn't expect it to be long... I'm excited about the future of this team.

3. @Dil @enigmatic I believe these two can get me to improve my game...

6. Just wanna get better un all aspects of the game... I just wanna be the best team player I can be..

7. I believe Helsinki is definitely a top contender.. I believe they are the number 1 team in the euro confrence.

8. I love orange Gatorade.

10 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Week Ending Nov. 22nd

1- I did not and I'm sure Jubo did good.

2- No I didn't. Its all good that way it turned out.

3- Nice to see McLovin playing with us again in the future.

4- We just cooked up some food and hung out & threw some darts.

5- I am ready for the puck drop on Wednesday. It's my final season of my career.

6- I just plan on playing good defense and dishing out some sweet saucy assists.

14 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

New info for your AGM

1.) Did you know that the Titans hired a new AGM? 

2.) How do you feel about GMs Hiring AGMs that are from other teams? Do you think it is better or worse if they are not in your conference? Do you not even care as long as they do their job and cheer the team on?

3.) Do you enjoy questions that are based on current game play, what is going on in the season and prediction based questions?

4.) Do you like questions that let you character build, like talk about things you have done off and on the ice. These are typically things that could inspire future media spots.

5.) I will usually use the team tag to let you know wen there is a new Press Conference out for you to answer, do you want to be tagged in it.

6.) Are you ok with the encouragement of tagging team mates in media such as press conferences and articles?

7.) Are you ok with questions focused on your players that others can answer?

8.) If I get created and throw some curve ball questions will you throw me a curve ball answer back?

9.) Can a Press conference replay be too creative of sassy

1) I had no idea until the locker room heard the news.
2) I mean I don't think it's a bad thing. We are all one community after all.
3) I enjoy any type of questions, as long as they are interesting.
4) For sure.
5) Feel free to tag me
6) Yes
7) Yes
8 ) Indeed
9) Press conference responses can be anything that the person wants. Simple, basic, creative, sassy, unexpected. It depends on what the player wants

13 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Week Ending Nov. 22nd

1) Yeah we were all watching in Tampere, called up each of the new Titans to welcome them in.
2) I knew it was a big class, but not THAT big of a class. Jeez, I spent an extra hour watching the late rounds.I think it will help keep our window open though.
3) I'm excited to play with Gabriel Akerstrom (@Mason). He's a great guy off the ice and he'll be just as good on it. I'm sure of it.
4) Always call them, always. I also help them get settled in when training camp happens. 
5) I'm ready. I've been training all offseason and I've been keeping myself in mental shape by learning lots of play concepts and studying film.
6) Hoping for a 30-40 goal season. 50 points doesn't sound too bad right about now.
7) I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the European Conference and we'll go on a cup run.
8.) Fruit Punch for sure. That's been my favourite since I was a kid.
9) Integrity. I get a lot of sponsorship deals and I know my fans are young so I think "should I really endorse that product?". That's why most of my sponsors have been limited to hockey gear companies (Bauer and Warrior) and sports drinks (Gatorade).

1- The draft was excited and we did well to get great talent added to our prospects

2- i think it was quick for being extra rounds

3- akerstrom will fit well on the blue line. We worked him hard in practice for initiation

4- lots of practice and time in the gym working out to stay in shape

5- I want to get more shutouts and steal more games. Team Nordic was big for my confidence.

6- helsinki will see a third finals appearance. You can count on it.

I was front and center and all in all it went well.

I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly we got through the extended draft.

McLovin, MMFLEX and Caboose are back in the Titans organization. Those three and the other crop of fantastic players we got... I've been type since the draft!

Were going to give Akerstrom every chance to make a run at rookie of the year. I am really excited when former draft picks make the hop to the pro roster.

We are more than ready. Helsinki has been close the last two seasons and we are not going to slow down any time soon. And now we have our AGM Blademaiden on board, what more could we be excited about. Things are looking strong for the Titans!

Hoping to gain more chemistry between Vaakanainen and Vikingstad. This duo + Spaz on the right side has the makings of being a terrifying line to deal with.