Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1. The Regular Season has ended: Titans Players: What do you plan on working on to come back better next season?

I need to work on my plus minus because -43 is absolute shit. Hopefully we will have some more defensive help next year.

1. Gabriel McAllister fell just 3 goals shy of the vaunted 400 goal milestone in his career; are there any milestones you wish to hit in your career?

I want to hit 250 assists and 1000 hits

1. What is your favourite non-hockey sport, and why?

It has to be soccer. I  grew up playing it

1. If you could try any cuisine that you've never eaten before, what would it be?

I would like to try real indian food. i know they make spicy food and i love spicy food.

1. Whether you partake in Christmas or not, what are your thoughts on Christmas music being played as early as November 1st in Canada, or just after American Thanksgiving?

They play christmas music on november 1st in America too haha. As much as everyone says they hate it we all know everyone loves it. It is in fact the most wonderful time of the year

1. Any good Netflix recommendations?

Schitts Creek

1) Planning to stay the course maxing weekly TPE and hitting 500 before the draft. Hyped for what should be an exciting season in the redefining of the franchise.
2) Cracking 1000 TPE. Looking to be a consistent 50+ goal scorer here on out.
3) This is a tough one for me. Its so close between Golf and Disc Golf. Both are games of skill, finesse and course mastery. I had more fun this past summer disc golfing so I'll go with that.
4) Perhaps Romanian would be interesting.
5) Don't mind it, but as soon as the snow hits and I'm out clearing the driveway multiple days a week it just reminds me how much I miss the summer.
6) The Bodyguard was a recent add and a very enjoyable one at that. I can sit here and list a bunch of series I've binged but they are the typical suggestions. "The Toys That Made Us" was a nostalgia overload if you're into that.

:hel: :hel: :hel:  Helsinki Titans Press Conference :hel: :hel: :hel:

Week Ending: Dec. 09

1. The time is nigh (?), do you prefer gift shopping early, to get it out of the way, or are you more of a last-minute, procrastination kinda person?
  2. What are your thoughts on the Nylander contract; do you think a player should just sign (assuming it's a fair contract) and play, or do you side with the player holding out to earn as much as possible?
  3. Who in the VHL would you get a gift for? Who would you give coal to?
  4. What is your favourite way to get to the rink: Car/SUV, Snowmobile, Public Transit, Walk something else?
  5. What's a song you've had on repeat lately?
  6. If you were sitting in the General Manager's chair, what kind of chair would it be?

Can you tell I'm having a little difficulty coming up with questions now that our season is done? ?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™ @nicolas01 @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet @solas @Beerfridge @BBNAT @Jtww @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles

3 hours ago, Quik said:

1. The time is nigh (?), do you prefer gift shopping early, to get it out of the way, or are you more of a last-minute, procrastination kinda person?
  2. What are your thoughts on the Nylander contract; do you think a player should just sign (assuming it's a fair contract) and play, or do you side with the player holding out to earn as much as possible?
  4. What is your favourite way to get to the rink: Car/SUV, Snowmobile, Public Transit, Walk something else?
  6. If you were sitting in the General Manager's chair, what kind of chair would it be?

Can you tell I'm having a little difficulty coming up with questions now that our season is done? ?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™ @nicolas01 @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet @solas @Beerfridge @BBNAT @Jtww @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles

1. Yes, I do prefer to get gift shopping done early, however, that's always easier said than done. Between simply being busy and a little bit of procrastination, it ends up being later than I want. 

2. I side with the player most of the time if they deserve it. And with the CBA looming, more players are looking for guaranteed money up front rather than an annual salary, so the situation is a bit unique. I think he got a fair deal and should have been done sooner, but instead I think Dubas is playing hardball with him. Dubas was just seeing if he could make that bridge deal happen at a lower rate. That's the business side I guess. 

3. I'm not sure who the gift would go to, perhaps a GM as a bribe for a larger salary. Something tells me I'd just get traded. I can't give coal to anyone. I'm simply not that mean.

4. Seeing it hasn't been any other way for me, I have no other choice but to select car\SUV

5. Bulls On Parade - RATM, specifically from their Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium album. Really good overall live album too.

6. First off, something comfy. As much as I'd like a bean bag chair, can't have that as it won't be great for my back. Perhaps an ergonomically friendly chair? Or better yet, a chair like Tony Montana had in his office in Scarface? Sorry, that's the best I can come up with.    

5 hours ago, Quik said:

1.The time is nigh (?), do you prefer gift shopping early, to get it out of the way, or are you more of a last-minute, procrastination kinda person?

1. i usually get my shopping down early so i can enjoy the festivities in peace without having to worry about what to get certain people.

2. i see it from both sides. i think a player earns the right as per the collective bargaining agreement to go to restricted free agency. that being said you also have to prove your worth it. he better hope he performs well or he will be booed by the fanbase.

3. i would get a gift for pepper our goalie because he is going to carry the load over the next phase of this retooling franchises uprising.

4. boat. in halifax i get to travel right into the harbour on a boat, it's awesome!

5. NF - Lie. he is a rapper born down the road from eminem in detroit and he is amazing

6. it would be a chair made of recycled plastic because im all about the low carbon footprint

10 hours ago, Quik said:
  • The time is nigh (?), do you prefer gift shopping early, to get it out of the way, or are you more of a last-minute, procrastination kinda person?

if there is one thing i know how to do exceptionally well it is to procrastinate like a mofo. Its way more productive for me because i will just think about what im getting for days on end. I work best in the final hour.

10 hours ago, Quik said:
  • What are your thoughts on the Nylander contract; do you think a player should just sign (assuming it's a fair contract) and play, or do you side with the player holding out to earn as much as possible?

Look, im all for everyone getting all the money you can while you can get it but there comes a point where you are just being a bitch. Like leveon in the nfl. Get the bread while not being a bitch

10 hours ago, Quik said:
  • Who in the VHL would you get a gift for? Who would you give coal to?

I would get our boy in net a shiny new gift for sure. them shots aint gonna block themselves. I wouldnt get anyone coal. thats just a dick move

10 hours ago, Quik said:
  • What is your favourite way to get to the rink: Car/SUV, Snowmobile, Public Transit, Walk something else?

I just hitch a ride on peppers back, he carried the team all season anyways

10 hours ago, Quik said:
  • What's a song you've had on repeat lately?

lil wayne uproar. that shit keeps me hype

10 hours ago, Quik said:
  • If you were sitting in the General Manager's chair, what kind of chair would it be?

A really great mesh black high-back swivel chair

The time is nigh (?), do you prefer gift shopping early, to get it out of the way, or are you more of a last-minute, procrastination kinda person?

What are your thoughts on the Nylander contract; do you think a player should just sign (assuming it's a fair contract) and play, or do you side with the player holding out to earn as much as possible?

Who in the VHL would you get a gift for? Who would you give coal to?

What is your favourite way to get to the rink: Car/SUV, Snowmobile, Public Transit, Walk something else?

What's a song you've had on repeat lately?

If you were sitting in the General Manager's chair, what kind of chair would it be?

1. I usually mix it up a little. For some people I see things throughout the year and grab it, but for others, it can be a race to the wire!

2. I don't follow the NHL to be honest, but as someone who's often been labelled a mercenary when it comes time to hit Free Agency(don't worry @Quik , not this time) , I'll back Nylander.

3. I'm not an idiot...I'd get a gift for my GM. Hopefully that will ensure plenty of ice time in Season 64. I'm not sure I'd give coal to anyone. I'm a lover not a fighter.

4. I prefer a piggy back from the current playmate of the month. That's currently Jordan Emanuel.

Jordan-Emanuel-399x515.jpg

5. Not sure why, but Eminem's "Remind Me" has been coming up a lot in one of my playlists. Eminem crossed with Joan Jett....weird.

6. It would most likely be a Stimberlake Shaker chair from Bethel, ME.....I'm planning my next trip, so that's probably why.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:07 AM, Quik said:

1) Try to get things done at the beginning of the month, but usually have like one last minute gift.

2) The players have a limited career and should use their leverage for the best deal.   I dont get why the Nylander deal took so long, was what was expected 6.5-7.

3) I;d give a gift to Pepper for all the wins he stole for us.  I dont have any VHL player to give coal to but if Tom Wilson were a VHLer he'd definitely get it.

4) Public Transit so I can be like whoever it was on the Capitals that took the subway to the Cup Finals game.

5) Tequila by Dan and Shay.  My wife and bridesmaids kept signing it at our wedding in October and they keep  snap chatting each other singing it so its stuck on repeat in my head.

6) Mesh Highback Desk Chair

1. The time is nigh (?), do you prefer gift shopping early, to get it out of the way, or are you more of a last-minute, procrastination kinda person? I have tended to wait until the last minute for my Christmas shopping.
  2. What are your thoughts on the Nylander contract; do you think a player should just sign (assuming it's a fair contract) and play, or do you side with the player holding out to earn as much as possible? If someone thinks they are good enough to be paid holding off is ok. Fun to see him coming back.
  3. Who in the VHL would you get a gift for? Who would you give coal to? I do not know many players at this time. I would buy a gift for each teams general manager which would be a chalkboard and pack of chalk.
  4. What is your favourite way to get to the rink: Car/SUV, Snowmobile, Public Transit, Walk something else? Never pass up a walk. Driving is best in the winter.
  5. What's a song you've had on repeat lately? Its beginning to look alot like christmas.
  6. If you were sitting in the General Manager's chair, what kind of chair would it be? A comfortable office chair with an ottoman. Have to be confortable when spending time on the phone and making deals.

Honestly i'm always at last minute for shopping. I'm too busy working out to be in shape and thinking about hitting and scoring that i forget about xmas then I realise it's coming and I still haven't buy any present then I rush to the shopping center at the last minute lol

I don't agree with holding out as long because while he's holding out he,s not playing so no hits and goals for him. I don't agree either with his choice to play in the NHL because the VHL is the better league. Look at @SidTheKid87, he's better now as an Helsinki Titans dman!

idk maybe I'd give a gift to @Sonnet because he's a great goalie and I'd give coal to any GM who didn't drafted me and their GM's player.

Definately walk. I like walking. Actually it takes me an hour to walk from my appartment in Dartmouth to the arena in downtown Halifax but I love it.

Thunderstruck by AC/DC. I listen to this song on repeat before every game I'm playing. This is how I get pumped to score goals and hit as many players as I can!

No chair. It would be a jacuzzi and I would have my laptop and a drink in the jacuzzi. because a jacuzzi is cooler than a chair!

:hel::hel::hel:Helsinki Titans Press Conference:hel::hel::hel:

Week Ending: December 16th

1. We've got a pretty big influx of youth arriving in Helsinki next year, what's your best piece of advice for the new guys? 

2. What's your favorite story about a teammate that took place over the course of the season?

3. Who on the team deserves a pat on the back for their efforts this year?

4. The VHL and VHLM Finals are both currently 3-0; do you think it's possible we see a reverse sweep come back in either - if not, did you think the series would both be so dominated?

5. If you were to go into a death match fight, and can only bring one weapon or defensive item, what would it be?

6. What's your favourite show currently still in production?

Credit to @Sonnet for Qs 1-3

We've got a pretty big influx of youth arriving in Helsinki next year, what's your best piece of advice for the new guys? 

What's your favorite story about a teammate that took place over the course of the season?

Who on the team deserves a pat on the back for their efforts this year?

The VHL and VHLM Finals are both currently 3-0; do you think it's possible we see a reverse sweep come back in either - if not, did you think the series would both be so dominated?

If you were to go into a death match fight, and can only bring one weapon or defensive item, what would it be?

What's your favourite show currently still in production?

1. My one piece of advice is that if you are in the showers with Borwinn after a game, don't bend over in front of him....

2. Definitely Sonnet being tested for PED's. Of course they didn't find anything, but it was great that they thought he might be on some kind of drugs.

3. Everybody that put on their skates and hit the ice deserves credit for their performances this season. It's a tight knit playing group here in Helsinki and will only get better moving forward.

4. I don't see the reverse curse coming into effect this season. Occasionally teams can dominate a series, so why not here in S63?

5. Probably a rabid honey badger that I would train to love me.

6. I don't watch that much TV to be honest. If forced to answer, maybe Ray Donovan.

1. We've got a pretty big influx of youth arriving in Helsinki next year, what's your best piece of advice for the new guys? 

Well I'm not sure what advice to give to myself, yes I'm one of the new guy! Just have fun when your on the ice, play your game and don't try to do too much.

2. What's your favorite story about a teammate that took place over the course of the season?

We were at a hotel in Saskatoon and Jesse Wilson @monkeywrench15 was stuck naked outside of the room and he had to go to the lobby to ask for a new key.

3. Who on the team deserves a pat on the back for their efforts this year?

Julian Borwinn @Jubo07 because he's already over 500 TPE so he must have put a lof of efforts in training

4.The VHL and VHLM Finals are both currently 3-0; do you think it's possible we see a reverse sweep come back in either - if not, did you think the series would both be so dominated?

Well I don't understand why Ottawa beat Yukon and considering that Saskatoon beat us (Halifax), I'm not surprised if they sweeps Ottawa. I have no idea about the VHL finals.

5. If you were to go into a death match fight, and can only bring one weapon or defensive item, what would it be?

Running shoes. Because I'd run away! I like hitting everyone on the ice, but I don't like fighting to death.

6. What's your favourite show currently still in production? 

Maybe Hawaii 5-0, it's the only one that I still watch. Idk why, tv has been really boring lately.

We've got a pretty big influx of youth arriving in Helsinki next year, what's your best piece of advice for the new guys?

Remain active and join the ride. This team is on a quick rise and it could last several years with many pleyers in place long term.

Welcome aboard.

What's your favorite story about a teammate that took place over the course of the season?

Pepper taking Asia to the gold medal game in the world juniors. Without him they likely finished bottom two of the tourney.

Who on the team deserves a pat on the back for their efforts this year?

Sidney Crosby. The guy blocked shots like his life depended on it.

We spent a large budget on chiropractic therapy.

The VHL and VHLM Finals are both currently 3-0; do you think it's possible we see a reverse sweep come back in either - if not, did you think the series would both be so dominated?

Answered this too late. The finals were alright I guess. Ottawa making it all the way in the VHLM was hard to watch but the sim does what the sim wants. It was a fun season regardless of the outcomes.

If you were to go into a death match fight, and can only bring one weapon or defensive item, what would it be?

Rubber chicken. Annoy the opponent until they give up and walk away.

What's your favourite show currently still in production?

Shameless followed by Game of Thrones, Stranger Things and Billions.

Week Ending: December 23rd

1. Once again, your GM has made several moves this off-season; how do you feel they will impact the team's performance this coming season?

2. Which move made by the Titans has surprised you the most, and how do you feel about it?

3. With the Sponsor's Shield currently going, which Brand are you most surprised by?

4. If you could purchase one real thing with your player salary, what would it be?

5. Which type of Christmas party do you prefer, and why: House, banquet hall, restaurant, other, none (bah humbug).

6. With training camp opening up, what are your favourite ways to prepare for a season? Are you more of a lifter, a runner, or do you prefer flexibility training?

:hel::hel::hel::hel::hel:

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™ @nicolas01 @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet @solas @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles

Once again, your GM has made several moves this off-season; how do you feel they will impact the team's performance this coming season?

Improving an already impressive depth is never a bad idea. We have vastly improved over last season which has created excitement within the organization.

Which move made by the Titans has surprised you the most, and how do you feel about it?

Sending our 2nd this season for a 2nd in season 65. At the time I was watching the draft board excited to see who we would acquire. I understand the move though as we have a fair share of depth peices as it is. Having the 2nd in the bank opens up trade possibilities down the road.

With the Sponsor's Shield currently going, which Brand are you most surprised by?

To be honest I’m not sure if the sponsorship stuff will stick. I’m personally not a fan of it and thus haven’t followed along.

If you could purchase one real thing with your player salary, what would it be?

One Aston Martin V12 Vantage please and thank you.

Which type of Christmas party do you prefer, and why: House, banquet hall, restaurant, other, none (bah humbug).

Banquet hall party with great food, family, friends, karaoke and dancing.

With training camp opening up, what are your favourite ways to prepare for a season? Are you more of a lifter, a runner, or do you prefer flexibility training?

Skating, passing and shooting drills.

1. Once again, your GM has made several moves this off-season; how do you feel they will impact the team's performance this coming season?

The impact will be positive. Mats Johnsson is a great addition to our team for this season and Vesto Slipher, for the long term. With all last year's rookies getting better and those, like me, who were in the VHLM coming to the team we'll be one of the top teams in the league!

2. Which move made by the Titans has surprised you the most, and how do you feel about it?

Signing Mats Johnsson. I didn't thought he would sign with us, maybe he likes our potential. I'm really happy to have him on the team but unfortunately he'll retire soon I think.

3. With the Sponsor's Shield currently going, which Brand are you most surprised by?

What? I guess you're talking about the brand tournament, I haven't looked at it.

4. If you could purchase one real thing with your player salary, what would it be?

A house because I need a new home, though I'm not sure if my salary is high enough. Considering my salary, a house in Costa Rica would be ok.

5. Which type of Christmas party do you prefer, and why: House, banquet hall, restaurant, other, none (bah humbug).

Restaurant. With my imaginary girlfiend (she left Manti Te'o for me) and all my imaginary friends. We'd eat lots of stuff and drink lots of booze. I would dress as Santa and give presents.

6. With training camp opening up, what are your favourite ways to prepare for a season? Are you more of a lifter, a runner, or do you prefer flexibility training?

As I said previously, I prefer walking than going to the arena or the gym by car, it helps for my cardio. I also have a unique way of training. After the team training, I install punching bags on the ice along the boards and in open ice and I skate, skate and hit them all!

• Once again, your GM has made several moves this off-season; how do you feel they will impact the team's performance this coming season?

I think we will for sure make the playoffs this year. we had a stellar rookie class and with all these aquisitions we are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

• Which move made by the Titans has surprised you the most, and how do you feel about it?

There were a lot of rumblings in the locker room about these "potential" moves so none of them came as a surprise but i am pumped that a lot of them were followed through with.

• With the Sponsor's Shield currently going, which Brand are you most surprised by?

A little biased but i think the rag tag group of rooks on jolt juice did one hell of a job

• If you could purchase one real thing with your player salary, what would it be?

I woke up in the new Bugatti

• Which type of Christmas party do you prefer, and why: House, banquet hall, restaurant, other, none (bah humbug).

I like doing it at the house with the family. its not that often that we all get together so it is always nice to catch up

• With training camp opening up, what are your favourite ways to prepare for a season? Are you more of a lifter, a runner, or do you prefer flexibility training?

I like lifting because i get plenty of cardio and flexibility training in the offseason if you know what i mean

Once again, your GM has made several moves this off-season; how do you feel they will impact the team's performance this coming season?

They can only serve to strengthen the roster and in doing so, improve our on ice performance. It has built depth which has proven to be important for playoff longevity. 

Which move made by the Titans has surprised you the most, and how do you feel about it?

Probably the trade of the 2nd round pick, but the FA additions will be key to our improvement this season. No issues with either move. 

With the Sponsor's Shield currently going, which Brand are you most surprised by?

Well, the dominance of Viking was surprising but given the roster and tactical genius of our GM, I guess it was to be expected. 

If you could purchase one real thing with your player salary, what would it be? 

A massive plot of land to build my dream house on. Seriously, it shouldn't be this difficult. 

Which type of Christmas party do you prefer, and why: House, banquet hall, restaurant, other, none (bah humbug).

I'm a bit humbug this year to be honest. It's 1.20pm down here right now, so Xmas lunch has already finished. Just want the whole thing over with as soon as possible. 

With training camp opening up, what are your favourite ways to prepare for a season? Are you more of a lifter, a runner, or do you prefer flexibility training?

For me the key is gaining back cardio and muscle mass lost over the off-season. I also favour skating drills, and practising calling out "Borwinn, I'm open"... just in case he goes the 1% option and passes me the puck. 

On 12/20/2018 at 7:23 AM, Quik said:

1. I feel like our general manager has a grasp on the league and so anything he does has my approval. I like the moves hes made to strengthen our team.

2. Jonnsson acquisition was a big one. I think that gives us a veteran defensemen to help build our blueline with.

3. Over now but I was surprised our young team did so well and finished runner ups.

4. i would purchase a new car so I dont have to drive around in this 2003 honda accord

5. I like house because its more personal and public christmas' are not all that fun anyways.

6. Im more of a flexibility trainer because of the long grind of a season

Week Ending: December 30th

1. With Christmas finally over, it's time to look ahead to the new season, at last. Is there a team you are most excited to play against this season? Why or why not?

2. The World Junior Hockey Championships are currently taking place, in Vancouver. Which non-Canada team do you think has the best shot at winning Gold this year?

3. Do you ever make friendly bets on international tournaments? If so, what's the strangest bet you've made?

4. Do you have any opening night superstitions?

5. This season, there will be the same number of rookies on opening night, 4, as last season, though they make up a much smaller portion of the roster this time around. Are there going to be any rookie initiation hi-jinks?

6. With expansion becoming a more realistic proposition for the league, what city would you like to see added to the VHL's ranks?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ

1. With Christmas finally over, it's time to look ahead to the new season, at last. Is there a team you are most excited to play against this season? Why or why not?

I really want a piece of Riga. I think if we can put a proper smack down on them our first meeting it would be a real statement to the league that we mean business this year.

1. The World Junior Hockey Championships are currently taking place, in Vancouver. Which non-Canada team do you think has the best shot at winning Gold this year?

Always got to rep my USA boys. But tbh Asia always looks good

1. Do you ever make friendly bets on international tournaments? If so, what's the strangest bet you've made?

Don't necessarily make bets on international tournaments but i always love a good bet. Nothing like seeing a grown man run naked in the freezing cold and having to jump in the frozen lake

1. Do you have any opening night superstitions?

I'm not a very superstitious person tbh but i always like being the last one on the ice in the pregame warm ups

1. This season, there will be the same number of rookies on opening night, 4, as last season, though they make up a much smaller portion of the roster this time around. Are there going to be any rookie initiation hi-jinks?

I don't know if the newbies have been told about my doings but they should make certain to think over every action they make ;) 

1. With expansion becoming a more realistic proposition for the league, what city would you like to see added to the VHL's ranks?

I think somewhere in texas would be cool. They could show Calgary who the real Wranglers are

With Christmas finally over, it's time to look ahead to the new season, at last. Is there a team you are most excited to play against this season? Why or why not?

Calgary Wranglers. Can't wait to have my chance to put a puck past The Great Wahl of Canada.

Additionally Davos because we are bound to light them up and pad our stats handsomely.

The World Junior Hockey Championships are currently taking place, in Vancouver. Which non-Canada team do you think has the best shot at winning Gold this year?

Despite losing to Sweden last night I think Finland.

Do you ever make friendly bets on international tournaments? If so, what's the strangest bet you've made?

Can't say I have.

Do you have any opening night superstitions?

Apply some fresh tape on the stick. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This season, there will be the same number of rookies on opening night, 4, as last season, though they make up a much smaller portion of the roster this time around. Are there going to be any rookie initiation hi-jinks?

Joey Boucher's contract was written up without any capital letters throughout the entirety of the document.

With expansion becoming a more realistic proposition for the league, what city would you like to see added to the VHL's ranks?

3 Canadian teams to 2 USA teams. I could get behind a Minnesota franchise being added. It is after-all the most hockey crazed state in the USA.

No particular teams stand out right now. I want to beat all of them equally as badly. 

The World Junior Hockey Championships are currently taking place, in Vancouver. Which non-Canada team do you think has the best shot at winning Gold this year?

What are the World Junior Hockey Championships? Do they even play ice soccer outside of Canadia?

Do you ever make friendly bets on international tournaments? If so, what's the strangest bet you've made?

Being mormon, I don't drink or gamble. It's OK to have a shitload of wives though, so I don't mind.

Do you have any opening night superstitions?

I always kiss my 9 wives before I hit the ice and arrange the order of copulation for when I get back home. It's just easier and avoids conflict. Hockey wise, not really, I just play how I'm supposed to play. Silly trinkets and things won't help me. 

This season, there will be the same number of rookies on opening night, 4, as last season, though they make up a much smaller portion of the roster this time around. Are there going to be any rookie initiation hi-jinks?

Not from me. The rookies should already know that they are a part of the team. Hazing them is childish to me. I'd rather help them with training etc.

With expansion becoming a more realistic proposition for the league, what city would you like to see added to the VHL's ranks?

I'm not in a position to make such important decisions. That is why the Board of Governors gets paid the big bucks. I've liked the idea of a Russian team previously, so 

иди командой

Week Ending: January 6th, 2019

1. What were you doing when the clock struck midnight for 2019?

2. Helsinki swept the board this off-season on free agent signings. Who's your favorite addition to the locker room?

3. Who would win in a drinking contest, Sidney Crosby or Vaydar Odinsson, and what would be their drink of choice?

4. We saw a few breakout performances last year from Borwinn, Crosby, and Odinsson. Who on the team will surprise the league most this season?

5. To start the season, we've faced Riga 4 times. How do you feel about those games, and does it change your outlook for the season?

6. What is your favourite VHL or VHLM logo, and why?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ