Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1.) Rookies, rookies everywhere... no seriously we have like 6 Kate Upton, Dan Dan,Victor Foles, Vick Fairchild, Gustav Hjalmarsson and Case Crosby. Vets say hi to our amazing rookies and give them your best VHL advice. Rookies tell us who you are most excited to play with.

I am most excited to play with Dan Dan since our builds are very different and will lead to great chemistry and, hopefully, success.

2.) Considering the draft is coming up, who do you think @Jubo07 and @BladeMaiden should have their eyes on in the draft ;) and why?

I would highly doubt that we will be able to select him but Kristof Welch is a rockstar. We played together in Yukon and he immediately started earning TPE and was a great force in the locker room. 

3.) What are you looking forward to most this season?

I am most looking forward to seeing how I stack up against the rest of the VHL in my first season. It's the good type of nervous energy. I would hate to be a liability and I think my 2-way/playmaking style should limit exposure to the downsides in my game.

4.) Do you work out in the off season, if not what do you do during your time off?

I was lucky enough to be selected to the WJC but the best thing to do in the offseason is the Victory ProAm. Anyone who isn't participating is missing out!

9.) Who would you steal a snack off of in our Locker Room (LR) and why?

I would steak a snack off of PatrikLaine because he seems like the type of person who would have a great stash of candy.

11.) I hear someone almost failed their physical, who was it and what was the reason?

Caboose failed his physical because he showed up to the wrong building. Suprisingly enough, they gave him a physical at the wrong location anyways....we are still waiting on results.

Considering the draft is coming up, who do you think @Jubo07 and @BladeMaiden should have their eyes on in the draft ;) and why?

I think you should be patient until about the eleventh round and pick up the wounded ego of Gunnar Odinsson. Could be a shrewd move that will pay dividends for the Titans.

What are you looking forward to most this season? 

Getting to know my new teammates, and help the Titans organization as much as possible. I'd like to be able to repay the faith shown in me.

Do you work out in the off season, if not what do you do during your time off?

Yes, I work out with former VHL greats such as Ryan Sullivan, Odin Tordahl and Thomas O'Malley. Learning from them is invaluable.

The team will be having am award show this week? Are you excited for it?

Sure. It will be great to see who the stars of the franchise will be. It's great that the team recognize the contributions of it's players.

What award do you think you would bring home?

I wouldn't dare dream of winning an award with Helsinki. I'm just here to contribute however possible and leave the stardom to the players that truly carry the team.

Who would you steal a snack off of in our Locker Room (LR) and why?

I've only been here a short time, but I'm guessing that Vick Fairchild would have some quality snacks in his locker.

-> :hel:Titans S76:hel:<--

Week Ending January 24th 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

On Wednesday we are expecting sims to begin for Season 76. That being said it is on like Donkey Kong in nintendo land, Helsinki is hoping to come out swinging and make an impression after Moscow  put us through the ringer this past playoffs?

1.) Predict your highest stat before the trade dead line, why do you think it will be the highest?.

Answer

2.) What is the stat that tells you the most about a player, what exactly does it tell you about them?

Answer

3.) It's game day and you are looking all spiffy walking into the Locker Room (LR). A reporter looks down and notices the shoes you are wearing. She asks you why you chose that footwear and to be specific and tell the listeners what they are and where/how you got them.

Answer

4.) Who on the team has the messiest car, have you ever had to take a ride in it? if so what was it like?

Answer

5.) Name the worst smelling visitors LR in the VHL (or vhlm from when you were in the minors), they call us Helstinki but lets be honest they really reek.

Answer

6.) The team is offering to insure one body part for 5 million dollars for each player, what body part did you choose and why

Answer

7.) Worst thing to accidentally put on your sandwich ?

Answer

8.)If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the Continental Cup that you couldn’t sell, what would you fill it with?

Answer

9.) What is your player's nickname as given by the Helsinki crowd?

Answer

10.)Who did you predict to win ROTY in  your predictions, You can find them by: Going to the portal> player> predictions and then click edit predictions on the page.

Answer

11.) What is your signature training move that is guaranteed to produce results?

Answer

12.) What  Helsinki event will actually break the internet?

Answer

13.) What are some boring games or sports, and how can they be livened up?

Answer

ice hockey singing GIF by NHL

Edited by BladeMaiden

1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

On Wednesday we are expecting sims to begin for Season 76. That being said it is on like Donkey Kong in nintendo land, Helsinki is hoping to come out swinging and make an impression after Moscow  put us through the ringer this past playoffs?

1.) Predict your highest stat before the trade dead line, why do you think it will be the highest?.

My hits will probably be the highest because I have checking at 70

2.) What is the stat that tells you the most about a player, what exactly does it tell you about them?

I think sb tell someone you most about a player. Gives you the info of whether or not the player has guts and is willing to sacrifice for the team.

3.) It's game day and you are looking all spiffy walking into the Locker Room (LR). A reporter looks down and notices the shoes you are wearing. She asks you why you chose that footwear and to be specific and tell the listeners what they are and where/how you got them.

Answer

4.) Who on the team has the messiest car, have you ever had to take a ride in it? if so what was it like?

Answer

5.) Name the worst smelling visitors LR in the VHL (or vhlm from when you were in the minors), they call us Helstinki but lets be honest they really reek.

Answer

6.) The team is offering to insure one body part for 5 million dollars for each player, what body part did you choose and why

I would have one of my legs insured and the reason is that some where all my injuries have come from.

Mayonnaise which is very disgusting 

8.)If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the Continental Cup that you couldn’t sell, what would you fill it with?

Answer

Answer

10.)Who did you predict to win ROTY in  your predictions, You can find them by: Going to the portal> player> predictions and then click edit predictions on the page.

Answer

11.) What is your signature training move that is guaranteed to produce results?

Opposing D winds up for a slapper, I block the shot hit em then score on the breakaway.

Answer

Golf, instead there’s two nets and teams...

4 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Assists, or Shots Blocked, its what i do 

PPG and SB

uhhhhh ahhhh me ? 

Vancouver's LR for some reason , idk its almost like they let off stink bombs in the away room before we get there :barf

mustard or mayo eww

Elsby ? 

Answer: Goals! Because if not then what is point of 99 SC!

Answer: Hits and points. It shows you just how good of a motivated two-way player they are.

Answer: Moscow. Something about that residual stench from their mysterious Russian gas.

Answer: Anchovies. Had it once on a pizza, and oh boy was it awful.

Answer: A dedication spot to past Titans players. Seems like every season we lose someone to retirement and we miss the dearly.

Answer: VAAK! Love that hometown spirit energizing the team.

On 1/18/2021 at 12:42 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

1) Shots definitely.

2) A combination of shots blocked, hits and +/- tells me how engaged a player is in the defensive aspects of the game. Points tells me how much offensive contribution comes from a player.

3) Oh, these are my Titans shoes. I got them made by a local footwear shop down the street. Pretty neat, huh? (They got Helsinki logos all over them, past and present)

4) Hmmmm....Hard to say. All of us have pretty neat cars from what I've seen. Probably myself only because I have a few spare sticks in the back of my car.

5) Malmo. We played on the road there last season, and I had to wear an N95 walking past their locker room.

6) My heart. It's a good idea so when it gets broken I have insurance on it.

7) Soggy veggies. Veggies alone are fine, I thoroughly enjoy them, but not when they are all soggy. 

8.) 16 Reasons why Helsinki is better than every other VHL club ft. @BladeMaiden and @Jubo07. All proceeds from the ad (if any) would go to local charities.

9) I've heard quite a few nicknames in my time. Laine, Patty, The Finnisher (my personal favourite). I can't wait to see what they can come up with this year.

10) As a betting man, Red Lite, but I really want to see Gunnar Odinsson take it.

11) Skating 50 laps. Helps with  acceleration, speed and endurance. 50 laps with a puck as well helps with those quick turns.

12) Winning the Continental Cup. The fans deserve it. Jubo and Blade ESPECIALLY deserve it. Now we gotta find a way to win it.

13) Baseball in my humble opinion is generally boring. During the playoffs it gets interesting, but during the regular season it is boring. I can't really think of any ways to open it up to be more interesting though.

giphy.gif

Edited by PatrikLaine

On 1/18/2021 at 10:42 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Crocs. I got them from @Jubo07 in lieu of my salary for the past few seasons.

Will I get in trouble if I say ours stinks?... Jubo cheaps out on cleaning.

Nothing. This is obviously a lie because Jubo would never spend 5 million on anything. I'm seasons behind on my salary.

Sandwich? What's that? Jubo hasn't fed me in 2 seasons. :(

Are you sure I can't sell it? I need to feed my family. If not, a Vaaky & Viky dance routine

Basketball. Some skates, ice, and sticks will liven it up.

I wouldn't have guessed this before we played a few games but shots are most likely to be my highest stat. I would have assumed hits but my linemates are pretty physical and the defense has been giving me the space to shoot. I need to make sure to work on my shot to make them count.

My game day footwear is hands-down (no pun intended), my navy suede dress boots with a dark brown sole. They are classy and go with just about everything I own (which is either navy or grey). They a bit funky while still being pratical and classy which is me to a tee. I cannot remember where I got them but they were probably on sale at an outlet.

I was making a PB&J the other day and reached for what I thought was raspberry jelly and instead used habanero pepper jelly. While it wasn't that bad, the aftermath was enough to make me never want to do that again.

I would give the ad slot away to the creators of Rick and Morty for free so that we can all be blessed with another minute of their content. Heck, I'd even chip in to pay them for it.

My signature training move is hitting the links in the offseason. It is all about getting in the right mindset and golfing definitely does that. It has nothing to do with drinking beer out there... I swear NOTHING to do with it!

If I only I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me about this. I like backgammon a whole lot but isn't the most fast-paced or entertaining game. I have always been fascinated by chess-boxing but I think the world is ready for something more extreme...backgammon-MMA! I can't wait for the arm-bar cinched in with the doubling die for a 4 point submission victory.

It is probably me. I don't look after my Fiat Panda at all. It's just covered in random food wrappers.

It has to be anywhere that @Riley_Couturehas played.

I'm Fubuki! Nicknamed after my vtubing career!

Turning up to training. That is always guarenteed to give results.

The moment people realise i'm not human and i'm actually a Kitsune.

I think football could be livened up by being put on ice! I mean it would be so funny!

Week Ending January 31st 2021

We are now one week into the season, time for some serious hard hitting questions that will use your power of analytics to devise witty and thoughtful answers, jk this is me we are talking about so lets just have some fun ;)

1.) Did you know the average person laughs 13 times in a day? Do you think you laugh on par with the rest of the word? More? Less?

Answer

2.) Referring back to question one, What is your sense of humor like? What type of humor, makes you buts a gut or or crack a wry smile?

Answer

3.) We are now well into the season and it is time for me to ask the age old staple question of how do you think your player is doing?

Answer

4.) What do you think your player is doing best so far this season?

Answer

5.) Look to your left, now look to your right , now looks at your bestie on the titans,  think of the best VHler you've ever heard seen. Now look back to your bestie. Are there any one standout players that you have noticed our team? Give them a shout out for what they are doing well. This one is dedicated to @PatrikLaine who was shouting out all his teammates in top ten positions in the leauge!

Answer

6.) Would you drop your gloves if you saw someone harassing @Tape-to-Tape, Our main tendie Zamboni Driver, on the ice? How would you deal with that situation. @Jubo07 says I'm not allowed to beat up other teams players on the ice because it is unprofessional but i think we all know if i had gloves i would drop them for any member of this team!

Answer

7.) What nationality is your player? Do you think your nationality explains anything about you as a player?

Answer

8.) What is the one thing that your home country does better than any other and that you miss the most while traveling?

Answer

9.) You are dragged to a big box store by a teammate while playing a North American team, you decide to bring something back to Helsinki for a friend, family member, partner or your children. What are you bring back and for who?

Answer

10.) Hockey Players Travel a lot for work, especially in our league. Do you enjoy the travel and do you like to do it in your spare time for fun or are you a homebody?

Answer

11.) Name a movie you thinks fits your play style.

Answer

12.) What’s a saying you say a lot?

Answer

13.) respond to the .gif below with another one:

giphy.gif

Answer

Edited by BladeMaiden

Did you know the average person laughs 13 times in a day? Do you think you laugh on par with the rest of the word? More? Less?

I definitely laugh less than average. I'm a very serious person that doesn't see the humour in many things. 

We are now well into the season and it is time for me to ask the age old staple question of how do you think your player is doing?

Not particularly well if we are being honest,although I don't think much was expected at this stage of my career. 

What do you think your player is doing best so far this season? 

Probably playing a support role from the 3rd line. The players in front of me are so much better, it's about all I can do right now. 

Would you drop your gloves if you saw someone harassing @Tape-to-Tape, Our main tendie Zamboni Driver, on the ice? How would you deal with that situation. @Jubo07 says I'm not allowed to beat up other teams players on the ice because it is unprofessional but i think we all know if i had gloves i would drop them for any member of this team!

Of course I would. No one starts any shit with my teammates. To hell with the consequences. 

What nationality is your player? Do you think your nationality explains anything about you as a player?

Being Norwegian probably plays a part in my lack of humour. We are a pretty serious people with many issues to deal with. 

What is the one thing that your home country does better than any other and that you miss the most while traveling?

We make unbeatable gritty crime dramas for TV. I'm forced to catch up with episodes via streaming services. 

What’s a saying you say a lot?

Jeg vil gjerne slikke brystene dine

respond to the .gif below with another one

tenor.gif?itemid=5412615

1.) Did you know the average person laughs 13 times in a day? Do you think you laugh on par with the rest of the word? More? Less?

Answer: Way more. Probably closer to 25+

2.) Referring back to question one, What is your sense of humor like? What type of humor, makes you bust a gut or or crack a wry smile?

Answer: Most types of humor. I'm an easy laugh lol <-- see?

3.) We are now well into the season and it is time for me to ask the age old staple question of how do you think your player is doing?

Answer: Vaak is having his best season yet, as is most of the roster for that matter. Exciting time in Helsinki!

Answer: Consistency. Solid games each and every sim thus far.

5.) Look to your left, now look to your right , now looks at your bestie on the titans,  think of the best VHler you've ever heard seen. Now look back to your bestie. Are there any one standout players that you have noticed our team? Give them a shout out for what they are doing well. This one is dedicated to @PatrikLaine who was shouting out all his teammates in top ten positions in the leauge!

Answer: Honestly, how quickly our rookies have settled in and are already contributing. it is great to see and they all deserve big credit for our success.

6.) Would you drop your gloves if you saw someone harassing @Tape-to-Tape, Our main tendie Zamboni Driver, on the ice? How would you deal with that situation. @Jubo07 says I'm not allowed to beat up other teams players on the ice because it is unprofessional but i think we all know if i had gloves i would drop them for any member of this team!

Answer: Goalie is the exception. Drop those gloves and protect our 42 year old wall.

13.) ActualSoupyCrayfish-size_restricted.gif

13 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

We are now one week into the season, time for some serious hard hitting questions that will use your power of analytics to devise witty and thoughtful answers, jk this is me we are talking about so lets just have some fun ;)

Answer

2.) Referring back to question one, What is your sense of humor like? What type of humor, makes you buts a gut or or crack a wry smile?

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

Answer

7.) What nationality is your player? Do you think your nationality explains anything about you as a player?

Answer

8.) What is the one thing that your home country does better than any other and that you miss the most while traveling?

Answer

9.) You are dragged to a big box store by a teammate while playing a North American team, you decide to bring something back to Helsinki for a friend, family member, partner or your children. What are you bring back and for who?

Answer

10.) Hockey Players Travel a lot for work, especially in our league. Do you enjoy the travel and do you like to do it in your spare time for fun or are you a homebody?

Answer

Answer

Answer

giphy.gif

Answer

1) Easily more. I love to be funny and have a good time.

2) My sense of humour is unique to say the least. I laugh at many jokes, but some dark/historical jokes I always refrain from laughing at. Particularly jokes about WW1 and WW2.

3) Excellent! 5th in goals, T-1st in +/-, 1st in GWG, and Top 10 in shots and points by forwards. Proud of a strong start, but gotta keep it up.

4) All I need to say is #VikingstadForMVP @Dil

5) Definitely Dan Dan, coming into the room and playing amazing out of the gate. All the rookies have been amazing.

6) I would drop move gloves instantly. If any team decides to get rough with my Titans, Laine ain't gonna hold back.

7) Laine is Finnish. It doesn't really explain anything, but does give me home-ice advantage.

8.) Finnish style Chicken Wings. I'll eat any style, but Finnish style is SO GOOD!

9) I would bring back some Ketchup chips for everyone. I spend some of my offseason time in Winnipeg so I enjoy Ketchup chips every once in a while.

10) I enjoy the travel. It's one of the best parts of being a player.

11) Either the Sniper series or the Terminator series

12) "You have to be yourself. That's the most important thing. Just be yourself and say what you think."

13)

2019 stanley cup playoffs love GIF by NHL

On 1/26/2021 at 5:19 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Deffinetely more than average LOL

ANYTHING , im an easy going gy

I know i have alot more to offer , the team has been playing great but i know i can do better conisstently 

Being a veteran presence on the bench and on the ice , my TPA is forsure a help 

@PatrikLaine For Sniping LIKE CRAZY 50 goals here we come ! 

My gloves have already been dropped and their helmets in my hand before i smash there skull in with it .

giphy.gif

Answer

1- would say more than average

2- dad humor gets me laughing good

3- on the pace for my best stats and most important of all getting the wins for the Titans

4- clutch wins to keep us at or near the top of the conference standing

5- Vikingstad, Vaakanainen, Laine are the easy choices as the veteran leaders. Elsby, Emi and Summers on defense. The rookies are all playing good hockey too.

6- I will drop them myself and welcome any help from team mates.

I would find it hard to believe that I don't double the average person if not more. The more I mature, the more I realize not to take things too seriously and to enjoy life. Humor is very much a medicine, and one you can't overdose on.

I think (key word is think) my humor spans the gamut from physical to snarky to dark. The more ridiculous I can be, the better. 

I should be happier because my only expectation was not be a liability year 1 but after seeing how Vick has played, I would like to see more consistency. The defensive pair on my line are so amazing at playmaking that they may be getting the assists I thought Vick would generate.

I am a wierd mix of both. For vacation, I love to travel and see new places but when I am in my hometown, I spend the majority of time at home.

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”

giphy.gif

colorado avalanche blowing a kiss GIF by NHL

Answer: Probably more in all honesty

Answer: I laugh at everything it's horrible

Answer: So far so good is all I can say!

Answer: +/- is looking great, have yet to score but I'm sure he's just taking his time getting that perfect first goal

6.) Would you drop your gloves if you saw someone harassing @Tape-to-Tape, Our main tendie Zamboni Driver, on the ice? How would you deal with that situation. @Jubo07 says I'm not allowed to beat up other teams players on the ice because it is unprofessional but i think we all know if i had gloves i would drop them for any member of this team!

Answer: Absolutely, as a dman my main goal is to protect the tendy, and if anybody messes with him that's the last mistake they'll make!

Answer: Swedish, and not really, I didn't think of it too much when making him

Right now, i'd say less way less to be honest.

I think the best way to explain my humour would be just say watch the peep show and that explains it very well.

I'm over a point per game so i think i am doing good to be honest.

Assiting like like always.

Most of the Rune family are born and raised in Japan with the expection of Emi who was born in UK during the time her dad played in sheffield. This was only a year of her life but she did return later in life. The reason she is this nationality is that they have an excellent female ice hockey team.

Alchohol, Ice Cream, Noodles, The list can go on and on.

Week Ending February 7th 2021

It's  everyone's fav time, press conference time!! So Lets get things kicked off with some easy TPE and laughs. Just going to tell you all again how much I enjoy seeing your creative and wacky answers. Thanks for being the best team and AGM could ask for ❤️ Without any further fluff, here are your questions:

1.) What is your Fav Helsinki Titans Jersey?

Ca2T03F.png

Answer

2.) You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

Answer

3.) You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?

Answer

4.) Name the top five hockey related things to take with you during a zombie outbreak. (Think of things that you would have in your hockey bag, locker or at home)

Answer

5.) What are things that management can do that makes you feel supported as a player? (what is important to you?)

Answer

6.) If Helsinki was a Hogwarts house what house would we be and why?

Answer

7.) When fans see hockey players they often freak out, who is one of the people you would fan boy/ fan girl / fan person over? ( For example Venus Thightrap, is a huge comic book nerd so meeting someone like Robert Kanigher and Sheldon Moldoff who created Poision Ivy would mean a lot to her. Venus’ name is meant to be a nod to Ivy.)

Answer

8.) When was the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs during a game? What were you yelling about?

Answer

9.) When you go home and relaxing is on your mind what room do you go to and what do you do in it to wind down? (Venus is totally into long luxurious bubble baths, it has been said she often turns into a prune while playing her fav Spotify mix as she soaks the stress away of everyday life)

Answer

10.) Is there anything hanging in your Team Locker that motivates you?

Answer

11.) Do you have a pet? If so tell us about your fuzzy or perhaps not so fuzzy friend lol

Answer

12.) Which is one that show you cannot watch with anyone?

Answer

13.) Give this Gif a hashtag :

hockey GIF

Answer

You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

Steve can't come.

You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?

VHL Survivor. Bring together the VHL's top 10 shit-stirrers and anyone else entertaining, and place them on the above-mentioned island to battle it out until only 1 remains.

What are things that management can do that makes you feel supported as a player? (what is important to you?)

Nothing comes immediately to mind. The support in Helsinki is already good, and they can't really improve the opinion I have of my own player.

When was the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs during a game? What were you yelling about?

Probably the most recent game we played. The only thing I yell at is myself and the uselessness which I regularly displacy when given ice time.

Is there anything hanging in your Team Locker that motivates you?

No, just a car air freshener because my locker stinks. it's right next to the urinals, where it belongs.

Give this Gif a hashtag :

hockey GIF

#youforgotyourstickmoron

1) I like the classic look of render #2

2) Each member of the Titans will form our government lol. This should be fun!

3) Titans in Tights. Ive contacted six major networks and they all said no. "Famed hockey team turned circus show tours the world". What's not to like?

4) Hockey tape, bag with wheels, skates (double as a weapon), Russian gas, Zdeno Chara.

8.) I DECLARE, BACKRUPTCY!

9) Game room, turn on some Warzone and run over some fools with a Bertha. Relaxing until you get blown up to some C4.

Edited by Jubo07

On 1/26/2021 at 5:19 AM, BladeMaiden said:

I think I'm on par.

Answer

I think my player Is playing up to expectations

I like how my player continues to get hits

Answer

Yes I would I would fight for any teammate 

He is Canadian and I don’t be think it shows much about him 

Answer

I do not like to travel but for hockey I will do it

Answer

Answer

giphy.gif

Answer