Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1) The Titans are going to the playoffs for the first time since S61. How does it feel to bring such a historic organization back to the big stage?

It feels great to make the playoffs in my second season after a long and tough rookie season of losing.

2) The Titans currently sit at 3rd in the standings, partially in thanks to an incredible 11 game winning streak. What changed within the team to help make that possible?

We had a number of faces on the team this season and I think it took awhile for all the guys to gel.   Sometimes it just takes time to get the right line conmbos and chemistry.

3) The VHL All-Star game is coming up soon, which Titans would you like to see represent the team?

Johnson has had a great career and deserves to spend some time soaking up a final All star game.  Pepper saves my ass when I make a mistake so he defitely belongs.

4) You've been playing with veterans and potential hall of famers in Keaton Louth and Mats Johnsson all season. What kind of an impact did they have on you as a player?

As a young Dman its been great to learn from Johnsson.   He is the ultimate professional and has helped me grow both on and off the ice as a Pro.

5) Which team would you like to end up playing in the first round of the playoffs? What's the strategy for taking them down?

Not really gonna answer that first one  incase they have a Tom Brady type guy who will get pissed off and then destroy us on the ice.   To take down whoever we play we will our work them, get in there face and score a ton of goals although with Pepper back there we will just need 1.

6) Is there anything you'd like to say to the loyal fans of Helsinki, after giving them a regular season (and hopefully postseason) that they can be proud of?

I play this game for you guys.  You guys motivate be to give it 110% every game and will will be bringing the cup back to Helsinki

Week Ending: February 3rd, 2019

1) The Titans are going to the playoffs for the first time since S61. How does it feel to bring such a historic organization back to the big stage?

It feels good. I'm happy for the fans and appreciate the effort put forward by my teammates. 

2) The Titans currently sit at 3rd in the standings, partially in thanks to an incredible 11 game winning streak. What changed within the team to help make that possible?

I think it was just due to good play from everyone and the right strategies from the coach. It was a combined effort. 

3) The VHL All-Star game is coming up soon, which Titans would you like to see represent the team?

I think Pepper will be there, but any one of a few players could and should be worthy of selection. 

4) You've been playing with veterans and potential hall of famers in Keaton Louth and Mats Johnsson all season. What kind of an impact did they have on you as a player?

On a team basis they have been great. Their leadership skills have been invaluable. Personally though, my play has suffered a lot and I simply haven't produced like I should have. 

5) Which team would you like to end up playing in the first round of the playoffs? What's the strategy for taking them down?

I don't care. We have to win regardless, so having a preference seems like an excuse if we lose. We should aim to win, no matter who we play. 

6) Is there anything you'd like to say to the loyal fans of Helsinki, after giving them a regular season (andhopefully postseason) that they can be proud of?

Possibly, goodbye. 

On 2/1/2019 at 3:35 AM, Quik said:

:hel::hel::hel:Helsinki Titans Press Conference:hel::hel::hel:

Week Ending: February 3rd, 2019

1) The Titans are going to the playoffs for the first time since S61. How does it feel to bring such a historic organization back to the big stage?

3) The VHL All-Star game is coming up soon, which Titans would you like to see represent the team?

5) Which team would you like to end up playing in the first round of the playoffs? What's the strategy for taking them down?

6) Is there anything you'd like to say to the loyal fans of Helsinki, after giving them a regular season (and hopefully postseason) that they can be proud of?

1. It feels good as the fans in Helsinki deserve to have some added games to watch. They have been very good to us for a long time

2. I think we just adjusted our mindset and realized our goal was in sight and that we could accomplish that if we all put in a little more effort than we had been.

3. Pepper would be my guess as goalies need lots of love

4. They helped me understand positioning and responsibility in my own end. I have learned to be a bit more patient when advancing the puck up to the outlet forwards as well.

5. Riga because I feel they are a strong team and if you can't beat the best you don't deserver to be there. Might as well just play the underdog card and go at them full tilt.

6. That we appreciate their support, enthusiasm and respect they have shown us. We can't thank them enough for their cheering, craziness and willing to get to the games to help us out!

Just give me my last championship so I can ride off into the sunset setting the stage for Orion.

Hookers and blow in the locker room. I've been saying this all season long that we need more fun in the locker room and the on ice results will follow

Ko Kane would be the guy I pick. Only because I am him and he is I

Ko Kane is a vet, not a hall of famer but still a Vet. Why on earth don't you mention me? HoF can lick your left nut. Not mine cause thats gay.

Honestly really don't care. I just want to win. So this question should not even be here. The question should be how many bumps prior to games. 

Enjoy the Kane while it lasts because he maybe the last ever Robbie Player to play here because of the rebuild coming

Week Ending: February 10th, 2019

1. The playoffs are set, and you are facing Riga, without Pepper in Game 1. How do you overcome this obstacle?
  2. The league installed the Keaton Louth rule this season, to dissuade teams from overplaying their starters. Do you think it's a fair rule?
  3. Last week was the coldest week of the winter, how did you manage to stay warm?
  4. Who do you think will be the team's X-factor in these playoffs?
  5. The Wild-Card matchup sees Toronto facing Quebec, which team do you think will advance to the Final Four?
  6. Were you one of the millions to watch the Super Bowl this past Sunday? How did you enjoy the game, and were you expecting Adam Levine to take his pants off during the half-time show?

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: 

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ @Tyler

1. We just have to not let it bother us. HSK G has put up some good games this year but if we play as a unit and keep SOGS down we should be able to have a shot at a surprise game 1 W
  2. I think its fair but having bot backups kinda sucks. wish there was a way to incorporate backup netminders into the league
  3. Layers. the key was layers upon layers of clothes
  4. Pepper. He has been the xfactor all year, why stop now
  5. Honestly i don't think it even matters but if i had to pick i would say Toronto. they have been pretty strong on the tail end of the season
  6. that was the worst superbowl ever. it was boring as fuck. i was more certain travis scotts titties would be out than adam levines. i didn't think he was gonna rip off his pants

5 minutes ago, Quik said:

1. The playoffs are set, and you are facing Riga, without Pepper in Game 1. How do you overcome this obstacle?
  2. The league installed the Keaton Louth rule this season, to dissuade teams from overplaying their starters. Do you think it's a fair rule?
  3. Last week was the coldest week of the winter, how did you manage to stay warm?
  5. The Wild-Card matchup sees Toronto facing Quebec, which team do you think will advance to the Final Four?
  6. Were you one of the millions to watch the Super Bowl this past Sunday? How did you enjoy the game, and were you expecting Adam Levine to take his pants off during the half-time show?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @BOOM™  @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @Sonnet  @BBNAT @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae @leafsman @Joobles@Beaviss @BluObieZ @Tyler

1) Score early and score often. Pepper can carry our team from time to time, so we'll just need to overcompensate on the offensive end to make up for the loss. To be honest, I'm not feeling too great about our chances anymore.

2) I'm not a big fan of the "minimum starts for the backup" rule at all, although the recent influx of goaltending talent has caused me to start to rethink that stance. I guess it's important to maintain a standard, and I have no problem with the disciplinary action in place, I just think the core rule needs to be looked at again.

3) Pretty simple...I only left the house when I absolutely had to. Cold-related injuries/illnesses are all too common.

4) I don't know...me? If I can score at the level I should be scoring at, we can stay competitive and possible win a series or two.

5) I'm impressed with what Toronto has done this year. Although I wish Quebec nothing but the best in their final season, I think Ironside might be the difference that carries the Legion into Seattle.

6) Good Lord, everything about the game sucked. The football was bad (and I'm fine with strong defensive games, I was just disappointed by the offenses), the commercials didn't seem entertaining, and the halftime show...I'm not surprised Adam Levine kept stripping, because he's basically a torso at this point. The man stopped caring about music 15 years ago. Big Boi was the only redeeming factor, and he was barely there. Also, fuck the Patriots.

The playoffs are set, and you are facing Riga, without Pepper in Game 1. How do you overcome this obstacle

Score early and then play the best D of my career.

The league installed the Keaton Louth rule this season, to dissuade teams from overplaying their starters. Do you think it's a fair rule?

It seems fair as it gives a chance for someone to be a backup goalie.  It sucks when a team doesnt have a real backup and has to use a bot though.

Last week was the coldest week of the winter, how did you manage to stay warm?

Extra layers and only left the house when I needed to.

Who do you think will be the team's X-factor in these playoffs?

Pepper.  Goalies are always the X factor in the playoffs and with our team he definitely will be.

The Wild-Card matchup sees Toronto facing Quebec, which team do you think will advance to the Final Four?

I'm thinking Toronto as they had a strong finish to the season.

Were you one of the millions to watch the Super Bowl this past Sunday? How did you enjoy the game, and were you expecting Adam Levine to take his pants off during the half-time show?

Yes I did and it was the most garbage game ever.  The halftime show was about as bad as the game.  If it werent for Edleman getting all the catches than the punter would have to be the MVP.  You know the game is terrible when a punter was a contender for MVP lol.  Best tweet of the night I saw was I thought they banned nipples at the Superbowl.

6 hours ago, Quik said:

1. We just try to make sure we are great in our own end and capitalize on the chances that Riga squanders.

2. I think its good for the league but I also think they need to do something about backup goalies getting a shot.

3. I bundled up and made sure I didn't go outside with a pair of gloves or a scarf.

4. Personally it could be myself with how much I've added to areas of my game that were weaknesses.

5. I think Toronto will come out on top but that's biased because I am from Toronto myself.

6. I did watch it but it was a snooze fest. I was expecting Adam Levine to perform great, but sadly he was a huge disappointment.

Drink a shit ton and hope that the cocaine is well stocked in the locker room. If not. Fire the teams Cocaine rep and find a new one.

I honestly have no opinion on this. I couldn't care any less even if I would try.

Uh... stayed somewhere warm? 

Ko Kane. No doubt in my fucking mind. Were you expecting me to say someone else? yes? well then you don't know me

Can I cheat? I'm going to cheat. Toronto

6. Were you one of the millions to watch the Super Bowl this past Sunday? How did you enjoy the game, and were you expecting Adam Levine to take his pants off during the half-time show? Worst Superbowl ever. Lowest scoring Superbowl in history. Goff choked hard. Two times he had sure touchdowns and he either over threw the ball or threw it too late. Goffs issues made the Pats D look much better then they were playing. Patriots are a lucky team. If Goff didn't have massive brain farts the Rams would be champions and people would be laughing at the Pats. I honestly didn't care about the halftime show. I heard just like the game, it was the worst ever.

1. The playoffs are set, and you are facing Riga, without Pepper in Game 1. How do you overcome this obstacle?

What obstacle? Pepper is a great, up and coming goaltender that can handle whatever is thrown at him. 

2. The league installed the Keaton Louth rule this season, to dissuade teams from overplaying their starters. Do you think it's a fair rule?

Well the rule is there in black and white, plus there has been plenty of discussion about it as well. Its disappointing, but could have been avoided. 

What? It's been 40c down here for a few weeks now, so staying warm is the least of my worries. 

I'm not sure about this question. There could be several players that turn up and really challenge our opponents during the playoffs. 

I think the Legion can get it done in this match up. 

Unfortunately, yes. I thought the game sucked, but I guess that if you are a fan of defensive football, you probably loved it. As for Levine, he should stick to reality TV and being married to a Victoria Secrets model..... the lucky bastard. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. With the disappointment coming from the Finals, how do you plan to prepare to come back stronger next season?

2. With retirements and player movement already changing a large portion of the locker room, what are your expectations for next season?

3. How often are you in the ice during the off-season?

4. Will you be attending the VHL draft on Friday to see who will be the new Titans?

5. What is your favourite food to order in?

6. What is your favourite holiday destination?

5 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

I'm no longer a Titan! AHHHHH YOU TAGGED ME

1. With the disappointment coming from the Finals, how do you plan to prepare to come back stronger next season?

While it was disappointing i think it is a great foundation for what our future holds. Every week we build more chemistry as a team and we hope to make a cup run again next season.

2. With retirements and player movement already changing a large portion of the locker room, what are your expectations for next season?

We still have our young core to build off of and our vet leadership has gone so we are going to need someone to step up and fill the void.

I do take some time off right after the season to recover from any small injuries i sustained during the season but im back out on the ice well befroe training camp starts

4. Will you be attending the VHL draft on Friday to see who will be the new Titans?

I most likely wont be attending but i will be monitoring the draft and ill be there when they show up to practice for the first time for some introductory hazing :)

Its got to be chinese food. Nothing like some sesame chicken and fried rice

Anywhere with a beach that isnt always cold

On 2/17/2019 at 11:46 AM, Quik said:

1.  Just push that much harder to be the best player I can in order to help my team achieve greatness and get back to the finals again

2. My expectations are that we will grow internally and become stronger with each other.

3. Every other day actually. I love just skating around ponds

4. I will be there because I like to say hi to the new fresh faces

5. Probably greek food although I like to stay away from raw onions as they give me gas

6. Miami because of the night life and the weather. The old people I could do without though

W/E February 24th, 2019

1. Without naming any players specifically, what would be your sales pitch to potential Free Agents?
  2. Did you watch the Awards Show on Wednesday night? What were your thoughts on the winners/losers?
  3. Do you believe in magic?
  4. If you go to Las Vegas, do you gamble, party, both, or none of the above?
  5. What do you think of the new Lottery Format? Will you be participating in more game threads for a chance to earn prizes?
  6. If you were playing any sport other than hockey, what would it be?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87@monkeywrench15 @Sonnet   @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae  @Joobles @Romaris @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @SpartanGibbles @Lightningyamasha @BluObieZ

Without naming any players specifically, what would be your sales pitch to potential Free Agents?

We made it to the finals last season and we have a young group of guys, most signed for their careers, and we will be a threat for years to come

Did you watch the Awards Show on Wednesday night? What were your thoughts on the winners/losers?

I did not, i was out on the rink practicing so that i can have a shot at one next year.

Do you believe in magic?

Does the tin man have a sheet metal cock?

If you go to Las Vegas, do you gamble, party, both, or none of the above?

Anything goes in vegas so all of the above

What do you think of the new Lottery Format? Will you be participating in more game threads for a chance to earn prizes?

I think it is a great way to promote member activity. Although clicking the poll was way easier

If you were playing any sport other than hockey, what would it be? 

soccer for sure. ive always been a big fan and there is nothing like some pregame keep ups

Without naming any players specifically, what would be your sales pitch to potential Free Agents?

Since I got traded from nya to helsinki im joining a great team and will have the chance to win the cup this year.

Did you watch the Awards Show on Wednesday night? What were your thoughts on the winners/losers?

I did not watch the Awards show. I was on a flight from nya to helsinki.

Do you believe in magic?

No I do not.

what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas.

What do you think of the new Lottery Format?Will you be participating in more game threads for a chance to earn prizes?

I think its a great opportunity for New members to learn how it works. I always play to win free awards.

If you were playing any sport other than hockey, what would it be?  

Football. Love the sports.

Without naming any players specifically, what would be your sales pitch to potential Free Agents?

I have none. Don't care if they sign or not. I will be in the VHLM. So all I got to say is have fun.

Did you watch the Awards Show on Wednesday night? What were your thoughts on the winners/losers?

LOL NO

Do you believe in magic?

I believe that people who do are idiots

Was this question for me? I am the king of Las Vegas. So many stories. I go both. How can you not gamble in the city of sin? How can you turn in early when the nightlife in Vegas is just popping? If you go to Vegas to relax you are going for the wrong reason. 

What do you think of the new Lottery Format? Will you be participating in more game threads for a chance to earn prizes?

Don't care. Eh if a "game" pops up when I am on maybe. I don't know

If you were playing any sport other than hockey, what would it be?

Sex. That's a sport right? if not then American Football. I was a pretty good QB in high school. Not great, but good 

Edited by BluObieZ

1) Without naming any players specifically, what would be your sales pitch to potential Free Agents?

Helsinki is a team that has locked down its high TPE earning youngsters for years to come. Playing for Helsinki means competing for a cup each year for the foreseeable future.

2) Did you watch the Awards Show on Wednesday night? What were your thoughts on the winners/losers?

I honestly do not follow the VHL much outside of Helsinki, I know there were some rumblings about rookie of the year. The award show was well done, the custom team and player graphics were a nice touch

3) Do you believe in magic?

No but the closest thing to magic was Norris Stopko carrying the underdog Toronto Legion to the cup this past season.

4) If you go to Las Vegas, do you gamble, party, both, or none of the above?

As the GM of Las Vegas I try to keep a level head and stray away from what some may envision the Vegas lifestyle as in their minds.

Our players are expected to do so as well. We focus on building relationships in the locker room and putting a good product on the ice each night.

5) What do you think of the new Lottery Format? Will you be participating in more game threads for a chance to earn prizes?

I had no problem with how it was done prior aside from its weekly consistency. We'll see how it goes. The new activity thread can already overwhelming as it is.

6) If you were playing any sport other than hockey, what would it be?

Golf

On 2/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, Quik said:

1. Without naming any players specifically, what would be your sales pitch to potential Free Agents?

1. Did you watch the Awards Show on Wednesday night? What were your thoughts on the winners/losers?
  2. Do you believe in magic?
  3. If you go to Las Vegas, do you gamble, party, both, or none of the above?
  4. What do you think of the new Lottery Format? Will you be participating in more game threads for a chance to earn prizes?
  5. If you were playing any sport other than hockey, what would it be?

1. Sales pitch would be something about how this is a young team who made it to the finals last year and is only going to get better

2. I didn't watch it as I didn't think I would be a winner of any awards

3. I do not believe in magic because magic is just a belief and no science is behind it. I believe in science.

4. I would probably gamble more than partying. I like numbers so gambling appeals to me more.

5. I could be participating but it also is a challenge to get on and go through things all the time.

6. Probably football because I have a booming kick and could try out for the Bears

1. Without naming any players specifically, what would be your sales pitch to potential Free Agents? Im a tad late, so none because none left :(
  2. Did you watch the Awards Show on Wednesday night? What were your thoughts on the winners/losers? i have not, im am sorry about that
  3. Do you believe in magic? What a wierd question ! Of course i do, i put point in leadership ! 
  4. If you go to Las Vegas, do you gamble, party, both, or none of the above? Gamble, drink and party. Then swim and have a lot of rhum !
  5. What do you think of the new Lottery Format? Will you be participating in more game threads for a chance to earn prizes? I don't know, but i will participate for sure !
  6. If you were playing any sport other than hockey, what would it be?  Kim-ball , bowling

W/E March 10th

1. Do you agree with your GM's decision to get all 8 backup games out of the way at the start of the season?
  2. With the big trade that happened with Calgary, how much does that improve team morale in the locker room?
  3. What goals have you set for yourself this season?
  4. For returning members, is there a different feeling about this team, than the one that went to the Finals last season?
    • For new members, what are your initial thoughts on the Helsinki organization?
  5. With so many teams having a legitimate shot at the playoffs, what are your thoughts on league parity?
  6. What is your signature drink when at parties, and why do you like it?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae  @Joobles @Romaris @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @Lightningyamasha @BluObieZ @AndrewWarren13 @Bushito

5 hours ago, Quik said:

W/E March 10th

1. Do you agree with your GM's decision to get all 8 backup games out of the way at the start of the season?
  2. With the big trade that happened with Calgary, how much does that improve team morale in the locker room?
  3. What goals have you set for yourself this season?
  4. For returning members, is there a different feeling about this team, than the one that went to the Finals last season?
    • For new members, what are your initial thoughts on the Helsinki organization?
  5. With so many teams having a legitimate shot at the playoffs, what are your thoughts on league parity?
  6. What is your signature drink when at parties, and why do you like it?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae  @Joobles @Romaris @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @Lightningyamasha @BluObieZ @AndrewWarren13 @Bushito

1) I'm new for the team but yeah I guess its good to get the backup out of the way now then halfway thru the season.

2)I didn't know the trade that happened for our team but I would guess it will improve the moral if it helps us win games.

3)I'm hoping to hit 50 goals this season but I'll take anything I can

4)The Organization for Helinski seems great. Have a great gm with quik.

5)I think the league party is good to have. Makes sure no one is stacked.

6) on my off seasons I'll tend to drink ceasers. Love the drink.