Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

16 hours ago, Quik said:

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: 

W/E March 10th

1. Do you agree with your GM's decision to get all 8 backup games out of the way at the start of the season?
  2. With the big trade that happened with Calgary, how much does that improve team morale in the locker room?
  3. What goals have you set for yourself this season?
  4. For returning members, is there a different feeling about this team, than the one that went to the Finals last season?
    • For new members, what are your initial thoughts on the Helsinki organization?
  5. With so many teams having a legitimate shot at the playoffs, what are your thoughts on league parity?
  6. What is your signature drink when at parties, and why do you like it?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae  @Joobles @Romaris @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @Lightningyamasha @BluObieZ @AndrewWarren13 @Bushito

1) Not particularly, but it's done and it could have gone worse, I suppose. I get that we wanted to avoid a situation like last season where we ended up being penalized in the playoffs for starting Pepper too many times, but that's not worth costing us the chance at wins early in the year.

2) Morale will improve when our record improves. If Canmore and Revchenko can help us win, we'll all be happier. We just need to get there, and we're not there yet.

3) Play well enough to stave off the desire to retire after this season. So far, I'm nowhere near that point. Look out for a new player hitting the market at the trade deadline, VHLM GMs.

4) Not particularly. Canmore takes the place of Louth, and we're off to a terrible start again. That said, we ended last season in the Finals, so it's not the worst thing in the world to be in this position.

5) I hadn't really noticed. I guess adding an expansion team will boost the chances of the other teams, so things will come around in the end, but with more players joining the league there are going to be plenty of chances for teams to feel comfortable competing with the rosters they have in place.

6) I was in San Diego with some friends a couple years ago and we were hitting up some breweries. At the third or fourth place we went, I just asked for the strongest beer they had; when they told me they were out, I asked for the second-strongest beer they had. That's my drink of choice now.

1. Do you agree with your GM's decision to get all 8 backup games out of the way at the start of the season?

I do. It has given us some time to figure out lines and now that we have peps back in net and the lines semi figured out we should finish the season strong

1. With the big trade that happened with Calgary, how much does that improve team morale in the locker room?

After the disappointing offseason for signins this trade made up for it. We got some much needed talent on the team and hopefully we can make another run fro the cup

1. What goals have you set for yourself this season?

I want to be my +/- for last season. one of my pet peeves is being on the ice for a goal because i could have done something better to help prevent the team for getting scored on. also it feels good to be a part of a goal to help push the team to a W

1. For returning members, is there a different feeling about this team, than the one that went to the Finals last season?

I think the feeling last year was we were an outsider looking in. we weren't expected to make the playoffs much less the finals. This season we have high expectations and its going to take a lot of teamwork to keep up with them

1. With so many teams having a legitimate shot at the playoffs, what are your thoughts on league parity?

I think it is great. with the push for recruitment and big classes coming up, the vhl looks prime for expansion. for now it just means there will be more teams able to compete and it should be fun

1. What is your signature drink when at parties, and why do you like it? 

a moscow mule. no classier way to drink vodka, besides drinking it straight up

On 3/4/2019 at 12:02 PM, Quik said:

2. With the big trade that happened with Calgary, how much does that improve team morale in the locker room?
  4. For returning members, is there a different feeling about this team, than the one that went to the Finals last season?
  5. With so many teams having a legitimate shot at the playoffs, what are your thoughts on league parity?

1. Yeah I think it's smart to make sure the games at the end of the season are your full power lineup.

2. I'm not sure, I am not in their locker room but I know in ours it helps to get some fresh blood in.

3. I want to be better defensively because right now I suck

4. Its different as there is less veteran leaders but us younger guys are growing up a tad

5. I think it's good to not be the NBA style of league and have parity across all teams and conferences. It makes it fun to watch down the stretch.

6. Disarono with Coke takes like Dr. Pepper and it's delicious.

1. Do you agree with your GM's decision to get all 8 backup games out of the way at the start of the season? Yeah, might as well instead of being on a good run and having to bench the starter or during clutch end of season games.
  2. With the big trade that happened with Calgary, how much does that improve team morale in the locker room? Adding Revvy is always a good move ;) 
  3. What goals have you set for yourself this season? I want to win a cup, nothing else.
    • For new members, what are your initial thoughts on the Helsinki organization? Seems very good and organized and primed for competition.
  5. With so many teams having a legitimate shot at the playoffs, what are your thoughts on league parity?  It is very good right now, and makes me afraid since all I want is a cup win!
  6. What is your signature drink when at parties, and why do you like it? A nice water with lime :) Very refreshing!
Edited by AndrewWarren13

On 3/4/2019 at 3:02 PM, Quik said:

W/E March 10th

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik  @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Jtww @Hybrid1486 @Sohva @bagelbitesisbae  @Joobles @Romaris @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @Lightningyamasha @BluObieZ @AndrewWarren13 @Bushito

1. Sure. Why not? I'm in the VHLM so I care, why?

2. First time I heard of this trade. So my morale stays the same.

3. Slaughtering the VHLM and winning yet another cup. Bettering myself so next season i can get a cup in Helsinki and the ROTY

4. I'm kinda in the grey area here. Ko Kane played last year. Good buddy of mine. But I play in the VHLM because well... It would have been pointless to have me play this season. To answer the question I love Helsinki. Always have.

5. Fuck it, I wished it was more like the VHLM where one maybe two teams load up. 

6. It's called a white line. I came up with it. Lets say it involves tequila and salt. The rest is a secret.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, Quik said:

W/E March 10th

well, that a way to start a season i guess, but early season should go all in because of moral

I have not seen much difference tbh

stay positive in the +- is a good start !

I am not a returning member, so i don,t know

Not gonna lie, the lack of discord is hard for me. im not looking at the LR often.

It's decent, but some team are clearly stacked ?

Mojito, or sangrias. Because it taste like juice and you can make it very high in alchool :D

W/E March 24th

1. Did you go out for St. Paddy's day? How did your night go?
  2. What are your thoughts on co-workers who call in "sick" the day after a drinking holiday?
  3. As we approach the halfway point of the season, how do you feel about your season thus far?
  4. What are your expectations for yourself, and your team, for the remainder of the season?
  5. If you could select one location for the VHL to expand to, where it's never been before, what would it be?
  6. Of the 17 logos currently used in the VHL and VHLM, which are your favourite, and least favourite logos?

22 minutes ago, Quik said:

2. What are your thoughts on co-workers who call in "sick" the day after a drinking holiday?
  3. As we approach the halfway point of the season, how do you feel about your season thus far?
  4. What are your expectations for yourself, and your team, for the remainder of the season?
  5. If you could select one location for the VHL to expand to, where it's never been before, what would it be?
  6. Of the 17 logos currently used in the VHL and VHLM, which are your favourite, and least favourite logos?

1. I did not, but I did stay in and have a Guinness with some friends to celebrate the green day.

2. I feel like they are pretty immature. Yes it's okay to go out and have fun but some people need to wake up that their jobs might be more important than a little buzz.

3. My season has been trash. Really hoping I can be moved around the lineup as I'm struggling on the second line.

4. I expect myself to shit the bed more, but I'm hoping our team can do something.

5. Probably San Diego. I hear they like hockey down there but I've never been. Plus there are some good beaches in the area for road trips.

6. Least favourite is the Americans logo. It is a strange badge that looks more "Captain America" than it does hockey team.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, Quik said:
  • Did you go out for St. Paddy's day? How did your night go?

i dont have many recollections of st paddys day so i cant really anwer the question

• What are your thoughts on co-workers who call in "sick" the day after a drinking holiday?

i mean if they arent gonna do shit in the office anyways then who cares. they mind as well be miserable at home instead of at the office

• As we approach the halfway point of the season, how do you feel about your season thus far?

i think the uptick is scoring compared to previous years is nice but i was hoping to have more SBs and hits

• What are your expectations for yourself, and your team, for the remainder of the season?

i expect us to keep making the impressive push we are making and to have a strong playoff run

• If you could select one location for the VHL to expand to, where it's never been before, what would it be?

i think it would be cool to have one in florida, they dont have nearly enough pro teams there ?

• Of the 17 logos currently used in the VHL and VHLM, which are your favourite, and least favourite logos?

I am a big fan of the rush logo because it is simply and looks good. i like the bulls too but why are the horns down?

W/E March 24th

1. I was in Dominican So... you can guess what I did

2. Never happens in film. People show up hungover all the time. So I have no opinion

3. Pretty good, even though I wish the team would be playing better

4. I was hoping to be the top point producer in the VHLM but that might not happen and I was hoping for a cup which also may not happen

5. Las Vegas. It's working in VHLM so why no

6.Las Vegas and New York. Both teams I moved to their current locations.

Hey Everyone! It is WJC week so as Co-Commissioner i decided to give everyone some themed questions to answer.  WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

-Blade

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Sonnet said:

Week Ending 5/5

1) With the VHL Draft coming up, what kinds of players would you like to see join the organization?

2) Training Camps are open this week, what do you need to work on most to help finally push Helsinki over the finish line?

3) Which player are you most excited to see join the roster this season?

4) The Titans' annual captaincy vote is coming up soon, who's your early pick to wear the C?

5) Be honest- after last year's finish, how much drinking did you do in the offseason?

6) The VHL is split into two conferences this year- does this help or hurt the Titans, in your opinion?

1. I'd love to see some more dynamic playmakers and scorers added. Can never have enough

2. My puck handling is very low so I'd like to work on that in camp

3. All of them? I'm pretty much excited to always have new teammates

4. Pepper because he is the ultimate champ and he is our rock

5. I did a bit because I was upset, but I let that hurt fuel me for the upcoming seasons based on poor finishes.

6. Neutral to this as I don't think it helps or delays what we are trying to do. We want to win regardless

On 5/2/2019 at 1:39 AM, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 5/5

5) Be honest- after last year's finish, how much drinking did you do in the offseason?

I don't want the points but a lot

1) With the VHL Draft coming up, what kinds of players would you like to see join the organization?

A little late for this question but i was very happy with our draft. we got a lot of solid mid round picks with a deep draft this year.

2) Training Camps are open this week, what do you need to work on most to help finally push Helsinki over the finish line?

Ive been putting in work to perfect my shot. hopefully some defenseive goal scoring can help propel us to a cup

Im excided to see Orion Slade move up to the big leagues. I was a big fan of the pick last year and now is his time to shine.

4) The Titans' annual captaincy vote is coming up soon, who's your early pick to wear the C?

With the Thompson pickup i think he has a good shot as the C due to his veteran status. I could also argue for myself, pepper or borwinn to get it

Not nearly enough

6) The VHL is split into two conferences this year- does this help or hurt the Titans, in your opinion?

Without throwing any shots, i think we got the weaker division so i think we should be in good shape for a 1 seed

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 5/5

@Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @BarzalGoat @monkeywrench15 @Galdoblame

1) Players that help us win right now. I am only in Helsinki this one season.

2) Nothing. I'm perfect in ever conceivable way

3) Myself. Period.

4) Don't even know who is on the team. So I will say myself just to be me.

5) A TON!. I was in the VHLM. Won the founders cup. 

6) Don't care. We are the best team in the league. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:39 AM, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 5/5

@Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @BarzalGoat @monkeywrench15 @Galdoblame

1) a good power forward with high scoring.
2)nothing much. my build is mostly done , I don't have anything I really need to work on
3)I have not followed the off season, sorry
4)I don,t really care much. Since it,s a popularity contest and not based on LD I couldn't care less
5)a lot, but not because of that ;)
6) Help. Either push them farther in the bottom, or help them rise to the top again. Either way are good for the futur of the organisation

On 5/6/2019 at 11:47 PM, Sonnet said:

Answer these 6 questions for 2 capped TPE. Week of 5/6

This week's episode: offseason questions are HARD.

1) Now that training camp has rolled around, how was your offseason? Did you enjoy the break, or are you ready to get back on the ice?

2) Now that the roster's set, how confident are you in the guys around you?

3) Which player is going to come out with the biggest surprise performance this year?

4) Where do you see Helsinki finishing within the conference, this season? On top? At the bottom?

5) Which team are you most excited to play against this season?

6) What number are you wearing for Helsinki, and why?

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @aleks @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov

1r. Было здорово, надо вернуться домой с медведем. Время идти выиграть Кубок

1e. Was great got to go back home with bear. Time to go win cup

2r. У нас есть большой выстрел в Кубке в этом году

2e. We have a great shot at cup this year

3r. Кросби, он будет MVP лиги назвав его

3e. Crosby, he will be the league mvp calling it

4r. Мы выигрывайте Кубок

4e. We win cup

5r. Давос, я хочу убить Трана

5e. Davos, I want to kill thran

6r. 91, для матери России

6e. 91, for mother Russia

1) Now that training camp has rolled around, how was your offseason? Did you enjoy the break, or are you ready to get back on the ice?

Ready for the season to get rolling, this offseason shit sucks

2) Now that the roster's set, how confident are you in the guys around you?

I thought we were the best team last year and this year we got better. im confident in winning this year

3) Which player is going to come out with the biggest surprise performance this year?

Dan Montgomery has started out hot, hopefully he can keep it up all season

4) Where do you see Helsinki finishing within the conference, this season? On top? At the bottom?

The top, we have a weak ass conference

5) Which team are you most excited to play against this season?

Riga as i see them as our biggest competition this season

6) What number are you wearing for Helsinki, and why?

87 all day ever day baby

1) Currently, the Titans are only a single point out of first place in the league. How does it feel to be at the top of the pack?  It feels damn good and I'm not ready to come down from this anytime soon!

2) Do we have what it takes to surpass Riga and claim 1st for ourselves? The way Peppers and our veterans are playing I would certainly say so, and our rookies are also stepping up and contributing to help bring home some of those tough road W's.

3) Dan Montgomery currently sis in first for both assists and points as a defenseman. How crucial has he been to Helsinki's success so far? This guy is the glue that keeps the team together and his defense is second to none, I think Peppers could attest to this!

4) Who's your early favorite for the season MVP, given what we've seen? I'd say it's a little to early to say, but there is a decent sized group that has separated themselves from the masses. I think over the next week or two a few will start to separate themselves even further.

5) Now that everyone has had a few games to shake off the offseason rust, do you think we've settled into midseason form? Do we have more to show? I think our goaltending and defense is firing on all cylinders. Our offense has produced enough to keep us at the top, but I believe we have some more in the tank and it will start to show here any game.

6) Which team do you hate playing the most this season? No one in particular has really stood out to me or rubbed me the wrong way yet, but now that the season is starting to take shape and teams are finding their place in the standings I think some teams might find themselves on my shit-list.

4 hours ago, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 5/19

3) Dan Montgomery currently sis in first for both assists and points as a defenseman. How crucial has he been to Helsinki's success so far?

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @aleks @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov

Not crucial, it's been a team effort

1) Currently, the Titans are only a single point out of first place in the league. How does it feel to be at the top of the pack?

It feels great to be there. its what we have been working towards for the past 3 seasons

2) Do we have what it takes to surpass Riga and claim 1st for ourselves?

Hell yeah we do. We have a solid 5 point lead right now!

3) Dan Montgomery currently sis in first for both assists and points as a defenseman. How crucial has he been to Helsinki's success so far?

Besides Pepper having a great start to the year, monty is putting on a clinic

4) Who's your early favorite for the season MVP, given what we've seen?

If monty keeps his play up then i think he may have a great shot at mvp, unless he gets shafted like every defender ever

5) Now that everyone has had a few games to shake off the offseason rust, do you think we've settled into midseason form? Do we have more to show?

I think so, we need to shake the 1-1 sims but we have the rust shook off by now

6) Which team do you hate playing the most this season?

Malmo because their players get so butthurt when they lose

On 5/22/2019 at 12:20 AM, Sonnet said:

1) Our defense has been unstoppable, but our offense has been hit or miss. What do you think is the key to success on the offensive side of the puck?

Get everyone opprotunities at scoring and dont just rely on one or two players to convert

2) All-star votes will no doubt start showing up in a few weeks. Who's your early Helsinki favorite for the nod?

I think everyone on the team really has a shot no one has really stood out to me

3) What does your ideal Helsinki alternate jersey look like?

maybe a blackout or whiteout jersey would be cool for alternates

4) We've been able to maintain our spot at the top of the standings. How do you like our chances for the Victory Cup, for the best overall record in the league?

I love our chances we are a force to reckon with and nobody can stop us

5) What is your player usually doing during their day off?

6) Who have been some of your favorite line mates so far this year?

im very close to everyone on the team and on my line it would be hard just to pick one player

On 5/21/2019 at 11:20 PM, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 5/26

1) Our defense has been unstoppable, but our offense has been hit or miss. What do you think is the key to success on the offensive side of the puck?

2) All-star votes will no doubt start showing up in a few weeks. Who's your early Helsinki favorite for the nod?

4) We've been able to maintain our spot at the top of the standings. How do you like our chances for the Victory Cup, for the best overall record in the league?

1r. Накормите меня шайбой перед чистым

1e. Feed me the puck in front of net

2r. Кросби, руки вниз

2e. Crosby, hands down

3r. Ничего, кроме Флайерз дизайн

3e.  Anything but a flyers design

4r. Мы выиграли Кубок, мы лучшая команда

4e. We win cup, we best team

5r. Питьевая, и подъема веса

5e. Drinking, and lifting weights

6r. Я не знаю своих товарищей по линии, я сосредотачиваемся на своей собственной игре.

6e. I don’t know my line mates, I focus on my own game

Um... scoring goals?

I would say me but I doubt that. Other then that I don't know because I don't pay attention to stats for people that are not me. 

I don't really care tbh. A jersey is a jersey.

I will be hoisting the cup this season so yeah. That's our chances.

Partying and fucking girls in their five holes

Who are my line mates?

I think we will find the right line combo eventually. We just need players that compliment each other playing on the same line

I think Monty has a good shot at an all star nod

I think it would be an all black jersey with blue letters and number

I think we have it in the bag. I’m confident we are the best team out there right now

You can catch Crosby at the bar and in the weight room, in no particular order

I have enjoyed linking up with Thompson but Monty has been a real joy to run with on the defensive side of the puck