Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

Welcome to the Helsinki Titans Press Conference. For members of the Titans, you can use questions posted in here in any given week to help meet your Press Conference Quotas. You can either answer in here, or in your own player's press conference thread. For non-Titans, you can use this thread to ask the Titans GM (me!) any questions you have about the team.

:hel::hel::hel::hel::hel::hel::hel::hel::hel::hel:

Week Ending: September 2nd, 2018

@Higgins @BarzalGoat

1. Were you surprised that GM Mitch Higgins, after such a long reign as GM of the Titans, decided to step down?
  2. With a new manager coming in, do you expect an adjustment period, and how long do you think that will take?
  3. Knowing that a rebuild is in order, how do you feel about new (old-)GM Matt Bailey's vision for the team?
  4. How would you describe your game?
  5. What is your favourite pre-game meal?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again Titans, here are questions you can answer for the week ending September 9th!

1. What are your thoughts on the Titans shipping out 2 long-time pillars in Jack Shephard and Ay Ay Ron?
  2. Is there a clearer vision of the future, now, compared to last week?
  3. With the Titans clearly operating with an eye to the future, what do you do to focus on your current season?
  4. Is there anything your GM could do to make this season's experience better?
  5. With NHL training camp opening in just over a week, is there any team or player you are keeping an eye on for this season?

@BarzalGoat @Pandar 

• 2 weeks later...

Little late, but just in case you guys need Capped TPE this week:

1. Both Montgomery and Mulligan have started to heat up of late, to what do you attribute the recent uptick in scoring?
  2. What are your thoughts on your teammates in Helsinki?
  3. While the Titans are eliminated from playoff contention, does the recent stretch of competitive games help ease the pain of losing?
  4. What are your favourite things to do with your off-time between games and practices?
  5. Who are your predictions for the Final Four in the NHL this season?

@BarzalGoat  @Pandar

Edited by Quik

Titans Press Conference for the week ending: September 23rd!

1. With the season coming to a close (possibly over by the time you complete this), what are your off-season plans? Any vacations to get away for a bit, or just training all off-season long?
  2. How has your rookie season in the VHL gone, did you perform close to your expectations?
  3. Is there anyone in the league who you look at as a rival?
  4. What are your plans to continue getting better by the time puck drops for S63?
  5. What type of music do you typically listen to to prepare for a game?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I kinda suck at getting these in on time I guess, but, here's some questions for the week ending September 30th:

1. Draft Lotto...
    1. If it has happened, what are your thoughts on it?
    2. If it hasn't happened, how do you feel about the odds of Helsinki first?
  2. What are you most looking forward to about next season?
  3. With the World Cup coming this off-season, are you excited for a chance to represent your country in International Play?
  4. The VHL currently has a Brand Naming task going on, if you could pick one brand to represent, which would it be?
  5. Have you been paying attention to the Continental Cup Playoffs? Who do you think will win it this season?

@BarzalGoat @Pandar

On 9/27/2018 at 9:14 AM, Quik said:

So, I kinda suck at getting these in on time I guess, but, here's some questions for the week ending September 30th:

1. Draft Lotto...
    1. If it has happened, what are your thoughts on it?
    2. If it hasn't happened, how do you feel about the odds of Helsinki first?
  2. What are you most looking forward to about next season?
  3. With the World Cup coming this off-season, are you excited for a chance to represent your country in International Play?
  4. The VHL currently has a Brand Naming task going on, if you could pick one brand to represent, which would it be?
  5. Have you been paying attention to the Continental Cup Playoffs? Who do you think will win it this season?

@BarzalGoat @Pandar

Alright about time I do one of these, I guess. 

1. If the draft lotto happens I guess that's fine, but I mean we deserve the 1st overall pick. The sweat and tears and purposefully throwing shots into the boards instead of on net, we've earned this. I feel so good about us getting 1st, and I think it'll be great to see who you bring on to join the M&M tandem for their sophomore campaign.

2. I'm looking forward to winning some damn games! Here, Yukon, everywhere we just lose, it's about time we get some dubs up in this bitch. Also, I wanna win a 2-way forward award or something already.

3. I'm super pumped at the thought of playing for USA in the world cup. After the disappointing WJC, I'd love to have the opportunity to show my stuff against the big boys, and possibly bring one home for the boys in blue. 

4. Well, I definitely wouldn't have picked one of the brands that I named. That being said, I have been known to drink light beer, which is basically piss, so i guess I'd represent yellow river ale, a brand after my own heart.

5. I haven't been paying much attention to the continental cup, but I don't see how anyone beats Cast and RIGAAAAAAA. Unless they already lost, then probably Davos or the Wranglers. I've been on a bender since the end of the season trying to forget those L's, so idk what's been going on. 

@BarzalGoat @Pandar

This will likely be the final Press Conference that is for just the two of you! Week ending: October 7th

1. How do you feel about the results of the Draft lottery? Do you agree with the changes that will be implemented next season?
  2. Would you prefer the Titans keep their 2nd Overall Pick, or trade it for a more proven player?
  3. If you could take your linemate for dinner at any restaurant in the world, which would you choose?
  4. Have you joined any NHL Fantasy leagues? Who's your top sleeper for this season?
  5. If you could be any animal, real or fictional, what would it be?
  6. Have you guys enjoyed these team press conferences?

• 2 weeks later...

So, with the S63 Draft officially in the books, it’s time for the new recruits to be part of the Helsinki Titans Press Conference for the week ending October 14th! You can reply in here, or in your own Press Conference thread. Without further ado...

1. What are your thoughts on the moves made by Helsinki prior to the draft? Do you think it was a risk in moving their top S64 pick?

2a. For new draftees, what is your first impression of your first VHL organization?

2b. For players who were on the Titans last season, what are your first impressions of the new prospects?

3. Which player(s) are you most excited to play with this upcoming season?

4. Do you have any personal goals for the upcoming season, and would you care to share them?

5. What is the first big purchase you made after signing your first VHL contract?

6. In which city, other than Helsinki, would you like the titans to hold training camp, and why?

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: 

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™ @nicolas01 @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet 

7 hours ago, Quik said:

So, with the S63 Draft officially in the books, it’s time for the new recruits to be part of the Helsinki Titans Press Conference for the week ending October 14th! You can reply in here, or in your own Press Conference thread. Without further ado...

1. What are your thoughts on the moves made by Helsinki prior to the draft? Do you think it was a risk in moving their top S64 pick?

2a. For new draftees, what is your first impression of your first VHL organization?

2b. For players who were on the Titans last season, what are your first impressions of the new prospects?

4. Do you have any personal goals for the upcoming season, and would you care to share them?

5. What is the first big purchase you made after signing your first VHL contract?

6. In which city, other than Helsinki, would you like the titans to hold training camp, and why?

@BarzalGoat @DaftRaincloud @Quik @Pandar @Jubo07 @BOOM™ @nicolas01 @joeyboucher1 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @JohnnyT_77 @Sonnet 

1. They seem like moves that will help the club in the long run. Let's be honest... that's what every GM looks for when making deals. Make deals in the best interest of their club. Hopefully, in our case, it's a bit of quality over quantity after everything shakes out. Of course it's a risk. Moving draft picks always carries a risk - especially a top pick. But I've always been a believer that with big risk, can come even bigger reward. You win some, you lose some, right? Some things end up working out, while others may not. That's just the way it is. And if things don't work out the way you had planned, you could always trade for another top pick in return to minimize your loss. 

2a. The first impression I had of this franchise happened even before joining it - and came away very impressed. Senior executives came out to visit twice, asked a bunch of questions, and showed a lot of interest in me as a player. That went a long way with me. And because of that, I'm very happy that they followed through with their draft plan to select me. Hope I can help bring them a championship in the future.

4. Personal goals for the upcoming season is to simply continue my path of development and try to prepare for the VHL the best I can. I know I"m a bit rough around the edges right now, but I always remind myself that Rome wasn't built in a day. But I do know that hard work, determination, and consistency in my training will help me become a better player down the road.  

23 hours ago, Quik said:

1. Helsinki made some great moves to solidify their draft selections in the upper rounds. With such a deep draft it gave them the opportunity to fill some in demand positions and build for the future. 

4. Not particularly, though I hope to be able to help the Titans in any way possible. I guess I'd like to amass some decent point totals, but at this point, team success should be the focus. 

6. The Titans should definitely experiment with training locations, so my vote would be to hop on the jet and head down to Sydney, Australia. Great location, weather and the people are amazing! 

On 10/9/2018 at 8:53 PM, Quik said:

1. I personally do not know enough about the landscape to have an opinion. i'm sure the general manager felt it was something his team could gain from.

2. i think they are very well put together and are building for a good future. i cant wait to add to the talent they already have.

3. i dont know all my teammates yet but knowing i will be in the vhlm means i have to wait to make the vhl.

4. yes i hope to lead the defensemen in scoring in the vhlm this year and hopefully be a good player for the titans next season.

5. first purchase ws buying my mom a new car. she has been driving the same acura for about 15 years now.

6. id love to go to stockholm, i know its in a rival country but it would be cool to go to a place thats also very hockey crazy.

I think it was a smart move. It helped load up the team and gives us an opportunity to be very competitive for the next few seasons.

So far it has been awesome! It has been an very active first week from the whole team and it looks like we are going to have some good chemistry.

Im very excited to play alongside the man, the myth, the legend, @BarzalGoat . He gave me a chance to start my career and it is going to be fun playing with him now.

My goal for this season is to give Kastelic a run for his money for ROY.

tbh i havent even looked at the store yet

Las Vegas baby. It seems like a breeding group for hockey talent as of late.

Helsinki Titans Press Conference for the Week Ending: October 21st

1. The season is set to begin this week, which team or player are you most looking forward to facing?
  2. What are some things you like to do to get away from hockey in the off-season?
  3. What is your favourite pre-game meal?
  4. What is your oddest superstition?
  5. If one of your teammates falls asleep on the team bus, do you prank them (if so, what do you do?), or leave them alone?
  6. Have you signed an endorsement yet? If so, what did you like about the Brand you signed with? If not, which Brand(s) are you most intrigued by?

2 hours ago, Quik said:

Helsinki Titans Press Conference for the Week Ending: October 21st

1. The season is set to begin this week, which team or player are you most looking forward to facing?
  2. What are some things you like to do to get away from hockey in the off-season?
  3. What is your favourite pre-game meal?
  4. What is your oddest superstition?
  5. If one of your teammates falls asleep on the team bus, do you prank them (if so, what do you do?), or leave them alone?
  6. Have you signed an endorsement yet? If so, what did you like about the Brand you signed with? If not, which Brand(s) are you most intrigued by?

1. I'm going to be in the vclm for the season, but i look forward to playing my former team in the ottawa lynx. i don't have scores to settle as management is largely the same and they always took care of me. the fans were great there as well.

2. In the off-season I like to go fishing on the lake with my dad who is a big fly fisher. I got into the hobby/sport a few years ago as its very calm on the water and its a good thing to get away with.

3. I love to chow down on some spaghetti because it fuels me for big contests. plus who can go wrong with momma's homemade marinara sauce?

4. I don't have many but maybe my oddest one is putting hand lotion on my stick tape. It allows me to slide my hands and rotate them more when shooting. Its strange, I know.

5. Not really. I like to let them sleep because im a man who enjoys his sleep and wouldn't want to see someone else wake up when they hadn't planned on it.

6. i haven't yet but i plan on doing so soon with one of them if they get back to me

1) The season is set to begin this week, which team or player are you most looking forward to facing?

First overall selection this year, Ryan Kastelic. There is always a rivalry formed between the best players in a draft class as you are compared to these guys for the course of your career. We battled most of the season in the top two for earned TPE.

2) What are some things you like to do to get away from hockey in the off-season?

Golf, disc-golf, kayaking, fishing and gaming.

3) What is your favourite pre-game meal?

Surf and turf. Typically shrimp and steak with a sweet potato.

Seconded by Minestrone soup with a grilled cheese which.

4) What is your oddest superstition?

An extra swipe through the skate sharpener of my left skate. Nothing proven as to any sort of advantage but gives me a feeling of extra traction when pushing off the draw.

5) If one of your teammates falls asleep on the team bus, do you prank them (if so, what do you do?), or leave them alone?

Leave them alone aside from taking a picture for future shenanigans. I know I wouldn't want to be pranked on the team bus so I'll usually go by the wise and stay on the safe side of things.

6) Have you signed an endorsement yet? If so, what did you like about the Brand you signed with? If not, which Brand(s) are you most intrigued by?

Signed with Ubuyalot Games. I'd enjoy free reign to use the logo for endorsement posts such as my cover art reveal. Joubo has been a member of my Vegas aces for two seasons and has shown excellent progression on VHLForum. I know he will do an excellent job managing the brand and bringing in high caliber talent.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:46 AM, Quik said:

I’m really looking forward to playing Ryan Kastelic. We really bring out the best in each other’s games and I think we can put on a show when we play. 

1. What are some things you like to do to get away from hockey in the off-season?

I’m a big fan of going home and spending time with the family. Messing around with the little cousins is always fun and there is nothing like a home cooked meal from your mom. 

1. What is your favourite pre-game meal?

A heaping serving of buffalo chicken Mac and cheese. Nothing like a good carb load to get me through the game

1. What is your oddest superstition?

I have to listen to certain songs before every game. I just can’t get hyped without listening to them. They put me in a mode to go ham in game. 

1. If one of your teammates falls asleep on the team bus, do you prank them (if so, what do you do?), or leave them alone?

Is that even a question. It’s your fault for falling asleep on a bus I am on. I would probably throw some shaving cream and their hand and tickle their ear so they smash the cream in their face!

1. Have you signed an endorsement yet? If so, what did you like about the Brand you signed with? If not, which Brand(s) are you most intrigued by?

I signed with with jolt juice and I am very excited to play with this studly defense we have. We have 3/4 top defenders from the draft and show a lot of promise. It should be a lot of fun. 

Welcome to the Helsinki Titans Press Conference for the Week Ending: October 28th!

1. Only answer the one that applies to you:
    1. For Titans players: With your first taste of VHL action, what skills do you think you need to focus on as you continue to grow in this league?
    2. For Titans prospects: The VHLM Season is beginning today, what skills do you think you need to work on most to prepare for your eventual jump to the VHL?
  2. How was your off-season training program, do you feel it helped prepare you for the coming grind of a 72-game schedule and to be the best player you can be?
  3. Have you ever played ice hockey in real life? If so, what's your best memory? If not, do you think you will ever give it a shot?
  4. What are your top 5 burger condiments, and what would other people say is your biggest omission?
  5. What is your favourite hockey equipment brand, and why?
  6. If you could endorse any company in the world, what would it be, and why?

For Titans players: With your first taste of VHL action, what skills do you think you need to focus on as you continue to grow in this league?

Just going to keep with the plan and build a strong offensive threat. Our team is heading in the right direction and if we can draft a promising dman or two in the next draft we will certainly turn some heads.

How was your off-season training program, do you feel it helped prepare you for the coming grind of a 72-game schedule and to be the best player you can be?

Borwinn was ready the second the VHLM playoffs concluded. Hungry for the next level and eager to start his journey to the Victory Cup. He has always been a hard worker and is willing to do whatever it takes to help his team win a championship.

Have you ever played ice hockey in real life? If so, what's your best memory? If not, do you think you will ever give it a shot?

Yes I played from age 5 to 14.

My best memory was scoring a playoff hat-trick in my final year.

What are your top 5 burger condiments, and what would other people say is your biggest omission?

Ketchup, Mustard, Lettuce, sauteed mushrooms and bacon.

Biggest omission would be mayonnaise.

What is your favourite hockey equipment brand, and why?

I only every play hockey at local outdoor rinks in the winter now so I just buy whatever is on sale and has decent reviews.

I suppose I'll go with Bauer.

If you could endorse any company in the world, what would it be, and why?

The one I work for. But I wont be disclosing the name of that company on here so I'll go with Tesla. Huge company with a passion for innovation and moving the world forward while remaining environmentally conscious.

9 hours ago, Quik said:

1. For Titans prospects: The VHLM Season is beginning today, what skills do you think you need to work on most to prepare for your eventual jump to the VHL?
  1. How was your off-season training program, do you feel it helped prepare you for the coming grind of a 72-game schedule and to be the best player you can be?
  2. Have you ever played ice hockey in real life? If so, what's your best memory? If not, do you think you will ever give it a shot?
  3. What are your top 5 burger condiments, and what would other people say is your biggest omission?
  4. What is your favourite hockey equipment brand, and why?
  5. If you could endorse any company in the world, what would it be, and why?

1. My skating and defensive play will be the biggest crutch so I have to get better at both those skills before making the jump up to the vhl

1b. yes I am ready and more than excited to get the season going. i think i bring a lot to the table in oslo so we will see what i can accomplish

2. i have yes, there are a ton of rinks here so i have played it and i loved it. my best memory is getting to skate with Mats Sundin when he was with the Leafs out here.

3. ketchup is a must, honey mustard is something i enjoy from time to time, sauerkraut is fun only some times, i like to sometimes add bbq sauce because its tangy and really good. i like lettuce on all my burgers because it makes it a real burger. i dont like tomato because its just too watery for a burger.

4. i enjoy nike because ive never had a problem with the quality they produce. some think its sweat shop clothing though.

5. i would probably endorse a&w because i really like their uncle burgers. im just a burger fan

On 10/23/2018 at 9:16 AM, Quik said:

For Titans players: With your first taste of VHL action, what skills do you think you need to focus on as you continue to grow in this league

- I really need to work on staying out of the box. im averaging 3 pim a game and that is going to hurt the team in the longrun.

How was your off-season training program, do you feel it helped prepare you for the coming grind of a 72-game schedule and to be the best player you can be?

- I threw as much time as i could devoting to training and getting my stats to where they need to be. i am overall satisfied with how i prepped for this year. lets see how it works out for me

Have you ever played ice hockey in real life? If so, what's your best memory? If not, do you think you will ever give it a shot?

- no i have not. i can barely ice skate much less fly around the ice with a stick and puck on it lol. i would try it maybe but i live in florida so cold sports arent really a thing.

What are your top 5 burger condiments, and what would other people say is your biggest omission?

- condiments are gross. my top 5 are nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing. i have critisized my whole life for not liking ketchup but it aint changing anytime soon. that shit is nasty

What is your favourite hockey equipment brand, and why?

- i would have to say warrior becasue it is a dope ass name and logo

If you could endorse any company in the world, what would it be, and why?

- i would endorse nike just becasue it has always been my favorite brand and they are one of the only shirts that fit my broad ass shoulders

Helsinki Titans Press Conference: W/E November 4th

1. Who do you feel has been your team MVP, in the early going of the season (for prospects in the VHLM, use your VHLM team if you'd like)?
  2. Which team have you had the most fun going up against, so far, this season?
  3. Do you think any VHL Records will be broken this season? If so, which ones?
  4. Would you like to be a VHL GM in the future?
  5. What is something you do to make your day-to-day life easier?
  6. With the S63 World Jrs announced, which nation do you think takes home the gold this season?

2 hours ago, Quik said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f597bd4e76886630 Helsinki Titans Press Conference: W/E November 4th

1. Who do you feel has been your team MVP, in the early going of the season (for prospects in the VHLM, use your VHLM team if you'd like)?
  2. Which team have you had the most fun going up against, so far, this season?
  3. Do you think any VHL Records will be broken this season? If so, which ones?
  4. Would you like to be a VHL GM in the future?
  5. What is something you do to make your day-to-day life easier?
  6. With the S63 World Jrs announced, which nation do you think takes home the gold this season?

1. i would say myself but i recently got traded so its hard to say for my new team. i was lighting it up down in oslo before they dealt me away.

2. probably Ottawa because i was on their team last year and i love going up against former teams. it will now probably be oslo because they traded me away.

3. i dont know because i dont know all the records in the vhl but im hoping one day i can pass some records

4. ive thought about it but i was told i dont have enough knowledge about the league to do it. so chances of it happening are very slim

5. i make sure i put all my tasks for the next day on a piece of paper so i can cross them off as i go along the next day.

6. i think Canada because i am on the team and Canada usually always has a good roster

On 10/29/2018 at 4:24 PM, monkeywrench15 said:

1. i would say myself but i recently got traded so its hard to say for my new team. i was lighting it up down in oslo before they dealt me away.

2. probably Ottawa because i was on their team last year and i love going up against former teams. it will now probably be oslo because they traded me away.

What? Why did you got traded? I kinda feel alone in Oslo now. xD