Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

-->  :hel:Titans Post Week 4 Presser :hel: <--

It's that time again Titans.

I will try to have these out every Sunday or Monday for the corresponding week.

1) Do you expect many moves league wide before Thursdays Deadline?

2) Guillaume Fontenette has already more than doubled his point output from S68. What have you seen from him that has contributed most to his offensive burst?

3) We sit tied first in the conference; gut opinion...do we hold on?

4) Who do you hope to match with in round one of the playoffs? (Riga, Moscow or Malmo)

5) Several top names have recently announced retirement. Does this encourage you to closer follow the VHL minors?

6) Submit a question you would like to be asked next week, or submit a song request for the locker room.

@Quik @Sullvino @nethi99 @Wheaties @Tape-to-Tape @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15

@okocha5 @Antone10 @Sonnet @MMFLEX @Erik Summers @Jesse Nyman

@Harpskii @Gscx420 @Garrett @quanack

1- should be a few like each season. I can see it being more on the quieter side though.

2- more time on ice and more time playing with the man advantage.

3- I think we do. But if teams make big deals we could see a shift.

4- Riga is a team we play well against.

5- not really. I had fun in the minors but havent followed it after being moved up.

6- What is your skate size?

1) Do you expect many moves league wide before Thursdays Deadline? Absolutely, the league is gonna see many new faces in many new places before the deadline tomorrow.

2) Guillaume Fontenette has already more than doubled his point output from S68. What have you seen from him that has contributed most to his offensive burst? His blistering fast speed makes him an incredible threat on the ice and helps him set up plays, so I'd say his speed has been a big factor as to why he's so good.

3) We sit tied first in the conference; gut opinion...do we hold on? We've been elite ever since the trade, I see no reason that we don't keep up the pace.

4) Who do you hope to match with in round one of the playoffs? (Riga, Moscow or Malmo) I don't mind who we face in the playoffs, it's a whole new game once that starts and any team can win once the puck drops.

5) Several top names have recently announced retirement. Does this encourage you to closer follow the VHL minors? You'll see tons of players coming up to take their places and playing elite hockey.

6) Submit a question you would like to be asked next week, or submit a song request for the locker room. What's your perfect season in your eyes?

-->  :hel:Titans Post Week 5 Presser :hel: <--

1) What is your favorite part of the holiday season?

2) Just a week left until playoffs! Who would you list as the top 3 threats to the Titans?

3) Who has been the most surprising talent for Helsinki in S69?

4) Are you pleased with your players performance this season?

5) Question from McLovin: What's your perfect season in your eyes?

6) Question from TapeToTape: What is your skate size? I'll add a second part to this as well; which brand do you wear?

1) What is your favorite part of the holiday season? The time when family and friends come around to spend genuine time with each other. It's honestly the best

2) Just a week left until playoffs! Who would you list as the top 3 threats to the Titans? Vancouver in finals for sure, but past that I can't say for sure as the playoffs are a whole other animal than the regular season.

3) Who has been the most surprising talent for Helsinki in S69? It's hard to overlook the amount of lethal production from both Aston & Kronos. They've been elite players for us this year and a lot of our success is thanks to them.

4) Are you pleased with your players performance this season? I'm on pace for close to 40 points this year, and considering this is only my junior year I'm very happy with where I am now.

5) Question from McLovin: What's your perfect season in your eyes? Finishing atop the league, winning the Cup and bringing home some personal hardware. That's at least personally my ideal season.

6) Question from TapeToTape: What is your skate size? I'll add a second part to this as well; which brand do you wear? Senior 6.5, and always rocking Bauer. You can never go wrong with Bauer.

1- putting the tree up and other decorating for family visits.

2- vancouver, seattle and riga.

3- aston martin has been very good. It is too bad that he is not an active member anymore.

4- I am. I did not have a fun season in malmo and was playing most time on the 3rd line. Helsinki has been very good to me.

5- Winning one more cup before retiring.

6- size 8 CCM skates.

On 12/16/2019 at 10:55 PM, Jubo07 said:

1) What is your favorite part of the holiday season?

Helping the needy at the local shelter.

2) Just a week left until playoffs! Who would you list as the top 3 threats to the Titans?

Ourselves, Ligriv in net, ghost of Wilinsky.

3) Who has been the most surprising talent for Helsinki in S69?

Ligriv. He didn't shit the bed with his limited opportunities.

4) Are you pleased with your players performance this season?

Very pleased. Let's get that crotchety old Pepper outta here now.

5) Question from McLovin: What's your perfect season in your eyes?

When it ends and I'm holding the cup.

6) Question from TapeToTape: What is your skate size? I'll add a second part to this as well; which brand do you wear?

I get a special pair of skates made from Crocs. Size 14s.

-->  :hel:Titans Pre-Playoffs Presser:hel: <--

1) We ended the season on a 5 game win-streak; what is your confidence level heading into the playoffs?

2) Our team was a collective +203. What are the little things you have done to chip in and improve the team defensively?

3) Who is your prediction for league MVP?

4) Career Titan Dan Montgomery announced he will retired at the conclusion of the playoffs. What is your favorite memory of Monty?

5) Regardless of how the playoffs go; are you satisfied with S69?

6) The holiday season is upon us; what is your favorite holiday movie?

1- feeling good and hopeful we can make it deep into the playoffs

2- better and smarter passes. We cover for our defence when they make an offensive play.

3- i think there are a few names that can all get it. Borwinn, hhh and Krikters are the front runners for me.

4- he has been always steady on the blueline and will be missed next season

5- this has been one of my top favorite seasons. Happy to be back home and fighting for a cup.

6- home alone

-->  :hel:Titans Playoffs Week 2 Presser:hel: <--

As expected we have had a tough series going against Moscow. Two very evenly matched clubs.

1) In your opinion; in what aspect are we the stronger club?

2) In your opinion; in what aspect are are the weaker club?

3) What are your thoughts on all four round one series going 6 or 7 games?

4) New York has two chances to upset Seattle. What have you seen from either club that has led to this?

5) The off-season is quickly approaching, what off-season activity to you most look forward to?

6) What is your favorite holiday food leftover?

As expected we have had a tough series going against Moscow. Two very evenly matched clubs.

A really good team overall performance focused team

2) In your opinion; in what aspect are the weaker club?

I don't know where is Nethilla playing, but he should play even more ;)

I hope Malmo upsets Riga by doing a 3-1 comeback.

4) New York has two chances to upset Seattle. What have you seen from either club that has led to this?

I was the first dude since the trade to dump LeGrande that said that New York could beat Seattle. You all thought I was a fool, looks who is laughing now hehehehe.

5) The off-season is quickly approaching, what off-season activity to you most look forward to?

Playing Baseball/Hockey in our Minecraft Baseball/Hockey League is my favorite off-season activity since I can play the sports that I love without moving LOL

Pizza leftovers are the best snacks after a long day of celebration

1- We have stronger star talent. They just have not got it going just yet.

2- Moscow has more depth scoring players

3- It is exciting to be a part of. I do not enjoy sweeps all too much.

4- New York has been riding a wave for a while and they have brought that into the first round. Seattle appears to be in a rut and may need a mix up in their lines.

5- Going to the beach.

6- Soup made from the leftover Turkey.

Edited by Tape-to-Tape

1) In your opinion; in what aspect are we the stronger club? We have the veteran star power absolutely

2) In your opinion; in what aspect are are the weaker club? I'd say they've got some crazy depth on their team

3) What are your thoughts on all four round one series going 6 or 7 games? Well considering this is being answered after the games were played, I guess I can answer if I expected the games to go the way they did. To that, I can say our game against Moscow didn't go the way I expected for sure.

4) New York has two chances to upset Seattle. What have you seen from either club that has led to this? They're both very good teams and their series is going to come down to whoever is hungrier for game 7.

5) The off-season is quickly approaching, what off-season activity to you most look forward to? Probably training up my faceoffs and using the team to fix holes in my game.

6) What is your favorite holiday food leftover? Turkey easily, it's the best food to have for the last 3 months of the year.

We have a Borwinn and a Bailey. After Pepper our talents drops significantly.

2) In your opinion; in what aspect are are the weaker club?

Line consistency. Moscow can switch lines and not skip a beat.

It's awesome. Just goes to show how competitive the league is.

Those that want it more get the job done.

Taking a break and seeing family and friends back in the States.

Any pie.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 1:hel: <--

1) The draft is this Sunday; which position(s) do you expect the Titans to focus on?

2) Where do you usually watch hockey drafts?

3) What skills are you strengthening this off-season?

4) Pepper needs 28 wins to reach 300; does he do it?

5) McLovin was hired on as AGM this week. What do you hope to see from an AGM?

6) Who will take home the S69 Continental Cup; Riga or Seattle?

@Quik @McLovin @Sullvino @Wheaties @Tape-to-Tape @SidTheKid87

1) The draft is this Sunday; which position(s) do you expect the Titans to focus on? From what I've been seeing,  acquiring a top-6 forward and defensive depth.

2) Where do you usually watch hockey drafts? Either at my place or one of the boys, gotta see who we're gonna be playing with soon after all!

3) What skills are you strengthening this off-season? Working on my skating definitely, but might mess around and train my faceoffs a little bit too should I need to learn it ?

4) Pepper needs 28 wins to reach 300; does he do it? Absolutely, guys a machine he's got this down.

5) McLovin was hired on as AGM this week. What do you hope to see from an AGM? I can probably answer this from what I hope to see from myself. I wanna learn all I can and be the best AGM possible to this team. Put the boys first and help Jubo put together a good team & win a couple Cups.

6) Who will take home the S69 Continental Cup; Riga or Seattle? Gotta say my money's on Riga this time. Though Seattle's got a nice comeback kids story brewing.

1- based on the players that are retiring i don't think one position is targeted but they take best player available

2- on my couch at home. Hockey drafts get me excited as there is a lot of great talent available.

3- skating and puck handle

4- i think he gets to 305

5- someone that is welcoming. I look that they show that they are doing what they can to better the team

6- Seattle in 7 games

On 1/6/2020 at 11:16 PM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 1:hel: <--

1) The draft is this Sunday; which position(s) do you expect the Titans to focus on?

Not positions. I expect winners.

2) Where do you usually watch hockey drafts?

Umm? I just get the recaps.

3) What skills are you strengthening this off-season?

All the ones I'm not good at.

4) Pepper needs 28 wins to reach 300; does he do it?

Yeah, absolutely.

5) McLovin was hired on as AGM this week. What do you hope to see from an AGM?

To love me even when I'm not looking.

6) Who will take home the S69 Continental Cup; Riga or Seattle?

Gotta be Seattle. 

@Quik @McLovin @Sullvino @Wheaties @Tape-to-Tape @SidTheKid87

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 2:hel: <--

Post-Draft Edition!

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

1. What surprised you about the draft this year?:

2. Are you happy with how Helsinki drafted?:

3. If you were the GM on draft day, what would you have focused on?:

4. With the results of the draft, do you think Helsinki is still a contender?:

5. Are you happy with how management has been running the team? If not, where can they improve?:

6. What has your offseason daily schedule looked like so far?:

7. What's a personal goal you hope you reach this season?:

8. On that same note, what's a team goal you hope everyone reaches this year?:

9. Overall, who do you think are the winners and losers of this last draft?:

10. Who were you most excited to see drafted onto Helsinki?:

11. Who is an early candidate for Titans MVP in S70?:

12. Do you have a question you'd like to submit for next weeks press conference?

@McLovin @Wheaties @xDParK @Jbeezy76 @Tape-to-Tape @Jubo07 @Quik @Erik Summers @okochastar @Antone10 @SidTheKid87 @Sonnet@MMFLEX

Edited by McLovin

1. What surprised you about the draft this year?: No surprises really but Jubo is a doing a great job. 

2. Are you happy with how Helsinki drafted?: Yes I thought it was a very solid draft. 

3. If you were the GM on draft day, what would you have focused on?: I would have done exactly what Jubo wanted and kind of split down the middle with defense and offense. 

4. With the results of the draft, do you think Helsinki is still a contender?: We we’re already a contender!

5. Are you happy with how management has been running the team? If not, where can they improve?: So far everything is going good in the offseason. I’m easy to please. 

6. What has your offseason daily schedule looked like so far?: I’m working out on and off the ice frequently. 

7. What's a personal goal you hope you reach this season?: I would like to double my offensive numbers. 

8. On that same note, what's a team goal you hope everyone reaches this year?: Just keep upgrading your TPE and get better. 

9. Overall, who do you think are the winners and losers of this last draft?: I’m honestly not sure who a lot of the new players are but I I did watch the draft live. 

10. Who were you most excited to see drafted onto Helsinki?: I think Spaz is good addition. 

11. Who is an early candidate for Titans MVP in S70?: There’s no way to know until games start. 

12. Do you have a question you'd like to submit for next weeks press conference? I would ask “how long have you played for Helsinki?”

Edited by Jbeezy76

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

4. With the results of the draft, do you think Helsinki is still a contender?:

Definitely! I think we are one of the favorites for a cup run this season.

5. Are you happy with how management has been running the team? If not, where can they improve?:

Of course! We have obviously have some difficulties in the front office, but I think they have been handled with professionalism and we are in a better place for it.

7. What's a personal goal you hope you reach this season?:

I think I have a decent shot at "Rookie of the Year". I want to at least be in the running for it.

8. On that same note, what's a team goal you hope everyone reaches this year?:

More playoff success. It was sad to see us lose when we did, and I think we can do better this season.

10. Who were you most excited to see drafted onto Helsinki?:

Kyle Andersen was a steal in the late first round. Really good news for the Titans.

11. Who is an early candidate for Titans MVP in S70?:

Borwin has one more season of dominating the league. It's going to be hard to find a more impactful player.

1- it seems we got a lot of good players. Jubo I think went in with a plan and he succeeded.

2- our draft looks exceptional and I think we should all be happy with the results

3- future talent that will join the team next season. I am sad to not be here when they are on the big club.

4- we look to be better than even last season.

5- helsinki is always my 2nd home. This team is ran very well and respectfully.

6- healthy eating and working out a lot. Cant wait to be back on the ice.

1- I mean I was surprised to be taken 17th overall, and especially surprised to be taken before my buddy Alex Bridges. But hey if they see higher potential in me then who am I to say otherwise.

2-  Of course, and im excited to be apart of this team

3 - Hmm if I was the GM, I dont know I probably would have done the same thing

4 - I think that this is a very solid team for years to come. We can definitely compete for some championships over the next several seasons

5 - Based on the short amount of time I've been here this place seems like a very well run machine.

6 - Lots of on ice sessions to improve my game, as well as a healthy amount of time on a golf course. 

-->  :hel:Titans Pre-Season Presser 1:hel: <--

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Are you happy with how your off-season went?

2. What have you improved upon in the last few weeks?

3. On that same topic, what are goals you still want to accomplish before the season starts?

4. Who are you most excited about seeing join the team? If a new addition yourself, how are you feeling about joining the Titans?

5. How have you paced yourself leading up to the new season? Taking it easy or grinding out task points?

6. What're expectations you have of yourself or the team this year?

@McLovin @Wheaties @xDParK @Jbeezy76 @Jubo07 @Quik @Erik Summers @okochastar @Tape-to-Tape @Antone10 @SidTheKid87 @Sonnet @MMFLEX @Harpskii @Garrett @Caboose30 @quanack @Spaz @Jesse Nyman @Gscx420 @Julian Dalvao @Cusemode @ng1291

Edited by McLovin

43 minutes ago, McLovin said:

1. Are you happy with how your off-season went?

Yeah, I feel like I made a lot of improvements this off-season, and I'm ready to be tested at the VHL level.

2. What have you improved upon in the last few weeks?

I've worked a lot on my shot. I was not a scorer in the VHLM. Hopefully, that is something that I can improve on this season.

3. On that same topic, what are goals you still want to accomplish before the season starts?

I have a couple more things on the offensive side of the game to sure up, and it is always different playing with new teammates, so just getting into a new rhythm.

4. Who are you most excited about seeing join the team? If a new addition yourself, how are you feeling about joining the Titans?

This is my first season on the roster. I'm excited about on chances this season. Hopefully, I can help bring another cup to Helsinki.

5. How have you paced yourself leading up to the new season? Taking it easy or grinding out task points?

There is no off-season in the VHL, you're always training, always working to be better.

6. What're expectations you have of yourself or the team this year?

I want to compete for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy, I think I have a good shot.